shape
carat
color
clarity

Sapphire and chrysoberyl ring

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I originally had a beautiful purple cushion spinel in this ring, but I thought the sapphire was more aesthetically pleasing because it is cut the same way (Portuguese rounds), so I had it replaced in here. The metal is 14K yellow gold, but I like wearing my 18K gold bands with it too.

There is more on the sapphire in this thread

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/2-4-ct-portuguese-round-cut-sapphire.170143/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/2-4-ct-portuguese-round-cut-sapphire.170143/[/URL]

The center is 8mm and the sides are 6mm.

TLsapphirechryso8.jpg

TLthreeringstogether.jpg

TLsapphirechryso7.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some more shots.

TLsapphirechryso2.jpg

TLsapphirechryso4.jpg

TLsapphirechryso6.jpg

melave

Shiny_Rock
Oh i like this :love:
Love the colour combination and the sapphire. It is beautiful

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Yes yes yes! This is a gorgeous ring. WOW! I'm so jealous right now. In the best way of course :Up_to_something:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very nice colour combination - soft tones and the YG warms them up beautifully! Very nice! :appl: :appl: :appl:

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great combo, nice setting!

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Chrysos so shiny... *Homer Simpson drool*

The sapphire is beautiful too :D Pretty combo, and nice setting!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Nice combo.

Can you tell us about your spess ring? It's beautiful!

yanaazul

Shiny_Rock
Wow, that is electric! The colors, and all the little points of light from the portuguese cuts. How do you tear your eyes away from that?

happybear

Shiny_Rock
Oh TL,

That is very, very, very nice!!! :love: :love: :love:
I love the color combo and the cut is lovely!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beatiful! Love the combination of colors.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
What a gorgeous color combo! And those stones look perfect together because of the matching cut!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Melave - Thank you!!

MariedTiger - Thank you!! Your rings are so beautiful, whimsical and artistic, it's quite a compliment that you like this one so much.

Enerchi - Thank you!!

NKOTB - Thank you!!

GemFever - Thank you!!

Pregcurious - Thank you!! THe spessartite is 4 carats, and I bought it around 9 or 10 years ago, when there were more neon colors readily available. I have some threads on it somewhere. It was in a horrible setting for a while, but I upgraded to this one, and while I'm not a white metal person, I love it in there.

Tntyau - Thank you!! I love the sparkle, and the brilliance, but it can be dangerous when you're driving a car. :loopy:

Happybear - Thank you!! So glad the cuts match up so well.

LisaRN - Thank you!! I love your new red spinel ring as well!

Stargurl78 - Thank you!!

For those that liked the color combination, which I know might not be everyone's taste, I love blue sapphires with yellow diamonds. This is why I thought the combination of yellow chrysoberyls with the sapphire would be nice, and the cool color of the sapphire I think melds well with the hot color of the chrysoberyls. So glad people like it. Thank you all so much!!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I adore the colour combination, especially in yellow gold! You are the colour queen, TL!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Zzz

Rough_Rock
Trade
wow :love: it looks amazing!
i reeaaallyy like it!!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
That worked out BEAUTIFULLY, TL! Yellow & blue is one of my favorite color combinations & the shades of your stones compliment each other just right! Love love it.

--- Laurie

sapphirecats

Shiny_Rock
love it!!! :appl: what did the spinel look like (I'm on a spinel obsession....:)

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Nice color combo TL and I like the stone size ratio. I'm not usually one for combining different colored stones in rings, but I really like this one and I bet it's a sparkle fest in person. Well done!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DandiAndi - Thank you!! I think yellow gold best highlights the chrysoberyls, so that's why I did it.

Zzz - Thank you!!

JewelFreak - Thank you!! I love the yellow and blue of your gorgeous spinel ring, and that buttery yellow gold!!

Sapphirecarats - Thank you!! Here is the old thread with the spinel in this ring. I love that spinel, but I think it
was slightly mismatched in its shape and cut. It's a purple spinel, and in this thread, you can see more details of the ring and
the chyrsoberyls in general.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/purple-spinel-and-neon-chartreuse-chrysoberyl-ring.168128/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/purple-spinel-and-neon-chartreuse-chrysoberyl-ring.168128/[/URL]

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Colorluvr,
Sorry I missed your post (you and I posted at the same time). Thank you!! It sparkles quite a bit, even with a tiny bit of light.

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Looking at the old thread with the spinel I'd have to say you made the right call to replace it with the sapphire. The spinel is nice, but the sapphire and chrysos match so well!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks super! I especially like the faraway shot. The setting looks like it was made for the sapphire which matches the cut of the chrysoberyls and the colour combo is very soothing. This ring looks better with the new sapphire rather than the spinel.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What can I say that I haven't already told you about your rings? This is yet another one of your consistently well mated stone groupings. You are such a good example of improving with practice. Once again, you chose stones of just the right tone, saturation, size and scintillation. I especially love the side view of the ring, as it highlights the sapphire.

chloeishere

Shiny_Rock
I really liked the original stones, but I love this even more! I love that sapphire, thanks for sharing!

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
Gah I'm a slow poke...how did I miss this? TL it's gorgeous!!!! :love: I'm not always a lover of mixed coloured stones but this IS perfect. The colour of the sapphire is perfect for the chrysos and the three 'geese' together are quite the eyeful. I much prefer the sapphire and the setting is lovely as well - I like the 3 little diamonds on the wider band.

Enjoy your lovely 'new' ring :))

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I missed this thread as well! I much prefer it to the spinel - the colours are much more sympathetic to each other (as well as cut etc). It looks incredibly bright and lively in your photos and I really like the overall look. Good call!

petit_bijou

Shiny_Rock
It's fantastic TL! I love the profile of this setting so much, and the complementary cuts of the stones makes for such a stunning cohesive piece!! Love it. :appl:

cm366

Shiny_Rock
Didn't see this thread but now I can't look away - what a great meld of colour and sparkles! Do you mind if I save a few photos for later inspiration?

Treenbean

Brilliant_Rock
So pretty together! I just love the combination. Another winner, winner, chicken dinner. :naughty:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GemFever - Thank you!! I was a little worried about the outcome, but it was much better than I expected.

Chrono - Thank you!! Glad you think the matching of these stones came out well!

Minous - Thank you!! Yes, I've had a lot of practice, and often switch stones around in my settings.
Some are disappontments, but you can always reuse a stone and a setting ;-)

Chloeishere - Thank you!!

LD - Thank you!! So glad you like the combination!!

petit_bijou - Thank you!!

cm366 - Thank you!! Go ahead and save them. :)

Treebean - Thank you!!

I also love the color of rose pink with the periwinkle blue of the sapphire, so perhaps that will be another future combination. :naughty:

TLspinelsapphirechryso.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results