shape
carat
color
clarity

Purple spinel and neon chartreuse chrysoberyl ring

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I purchased the spinel and chyrsoberyls a long time ago. The spinel has flashes of pink and blue, it's very saturated for a purple spinel and I love it. The chrysoberyls were purchased as a pair, and its hard to find this color now. One of the ebay Chinese sellers had this gorgeous mount, and it fit the stones. My spinel was a little too big for the center, but my jeweler is very very talented. I can't believe he made it fit considering I didn't realize it was around a mm too large for the center. I will take more photos later, but here's a sneak peak. There's some bezel set diamonds on the side, but my fingers are hiding them. The setting was made in 14K YG, and was surprisingly heavy for what I paid. The chrysoberyls glow in the dark, I'm not kidding. They're incredible. The spinel is around 2.25 carats, and the chrysoberyls are 1 carat each (6mm rounds).

TLspinelchrysring3.jpg

TLspinelchrysring4.jpg

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice!!! Looking forward to more pics. :)

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful color combo! You were lucky to find that mounting, too!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Great color combination! I would never have thought of those stones together -- they look super. Love the gallery on that setting -- what a lucky find!

Coco914

Shiny_Rock
Wow... Your ring turned out gorgeous TL!! It's classy and timeless. You have such exquisite taste in jewelery -- and a very keen eye when selecting your gemstones. I just adore this color combination, but wouldn't have had the "vision" to put it together myself. Nicely done!! :appl:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wow, it is gorgeous! I love the color combo and can't wait to see more photos!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
TL, what? No halos?

Kidding! :wavey: I LOVE the entire piece!! The colors play off each other perfectly. I personally love the cut of the spinel. And the mount displays them beautifully!! Congratulations!!!

Aven

Rough_Rock
Unique color combo and very pretty!

velouriaL

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE this. This might be my favorite of all your (gorgeous) pieces.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Love it, I wish you would start a business.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you all so much. :bigsmile: I have to get some indoor photos because it looks amazing in artificial light. Here's another sunlight photo I took today. I hope PS doesn't kill the saturation on the upload. It's so hard to get the pink and blue flashes to show up in these photos.

TLspinelchrysring.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's a detail shot on one of the chrysoberyls because the shrunken images simply do not capture the saturation.

TLchrysoberyldetail.jpg

bleeblue

Shiny_Rock
I love the colour combo :love: Than baby must be a firecraker and spakle like crazy!

Your jeweler must be super talented as the stones look perfect in the mount!

0-0-0

Brilliant_Rock
Really like the setting, and the stones look great in it!

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
That turned out beautifully, TL! :appl:

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks like it was meant to be! It fits perfectly and the colours really compliment each other. Great job!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Two things - I love the profile of that mounting. I love the fact that it has detail but without the ubiquitous diamonds. I also note, having looked at your rings for a while, that you are exceptional at matching saturation levels (as well as colors, mountings, etc.). So on these stones, they look like they are medium to med strong saturation and you have managed to partner stones that complement each other. I don't think that's easy to do unless you have hundreds of chrysoberyls ad hundreds of spinels lying about.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks again to everyone for their kind words. :bigsmile:

minousbijoux|1321206234|3060859 said:
Two things - I love the profile of that mounting. I love the fact that it has detail but without the ubiquitous diamonds. I also note, having looked at your rings for a while, that you are exceptional at matching saturation levels (as well as colors, mountings, etc.). So on these stones, they look like they are medium to med strong saturation and you have managed to partner stones that complement each other. I don't think that's easy to do unless you have hundreds of chrysoberyls ad hundreds of spinels lying about.

Minous, Thank you. I think if you are good at reading vendor photos, and you have a lot of loose stones (which I do), then I think it's pretty easy. I started matching stones and doing a lot of multiple stone rings because for me, it was a cost effective way to enjoy a lot of loose, but beautiful, gems I had. I'm also very lucky as I have the best jeweler, and he's very reasonably priced. I also matched these stones together not just for the saturation level, but the sparkle. While amethyst is also a lovely purple stone, I don't think it would have been as easy to compliment it with the chrysoberyls because it is a stone with a very low RI. Hence the spinel was perfect I thought, and I'm sure some people don't like ths color combination, but I do.

Also, about 80% of the time, I do get customized settings, but this one came along and it needed no customizations, except for sizing. :bigsmile: I had it on my watch list forever with these stones in mind, but finally had the funds to get it. I also negotiated hard for the right price with the vendor on this ring.

Next week, I pick up my mint garnet and mahenge spinel three stone that I'm really really looking forward too. Again, very complimentary colors and RI. I did have to pay extra for the customized setting, but in all, I think the result will be worth it. The wonderful group on PS also helped me match these stones up, as I didn't think to do it myself!! :wacko:

I also have on my plate, a pear sapphire and a pear mahenge with a small pink diamond that I want to do as a bypass (with the diamond in the middle) in a combination of yellow and rose gold. The pear spinel was in a white gold mounting, but I took it out, so you see, I learned from my past mistakes with mismatching the wrong metal color. I'm waiting for the funds for that project as well, and I might have my jeweler just do that one.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TL|1321214071|3060901 said:
Thanks again to everyone for their kind words. :bigsmile:

Minous, Thank you. I think if you are good at reading vendor photos, and you have a lot of loose stones (which I do), then I think it's pretty easy. I started matching stones and doing a lot of multiple stone rings because for me, it was a cost effective way to enjoy a lot of loose, but beautiful, gems I had. I'm also very lucky as I have the best jeweler, and he's very reasonably priced. I also matched these stones together not just for the saturation level, but the sparkle. While amethyst is also a lovely purple stone, I don't think it would have been as easy to compliment it with the chrysoberyls because it is a stone with a very low RI. Hence the spinel was perfect I thought, and I'm sure some people don't like ths color combination, but I do.

Also, about 80% of the time, I do get customized settings, but this one came along and it needed no customizations, except for sizing. :bigsmile: I had it on my watch list forever with these stones in mind, but finally had the funds to get it. I also negotiated hard for the right price with the vendor on this ring.

Next week, I pick up my mint garnet and mahenge spinel three stone that I'm really really looking forward too. Again, very complimentary colors and RI. I did have to pay extra for the customized setting, but in all, I think the result will be worth it. The wonderful group on PS also helped me match these stones up, as I didn't think to do it myself!! :wacko:

I also have on my plate, a pear sapphire and a pear mahenge with a small pink diamond that I want to do as a bypass (with the diamond in the middle) in a combination of yellow and rose gold. The pear spinel was in a white gold mounting, but I took it out, so you see, I learned from my past mistakes with mismatching the wrong metal color. I'm waiting for the funds for that project as well, and I might have my jeweler just do that one.

Do you mean MY pear sapphire????? Oh please TL don't make that into a bypass ring. I'm starting to mourn now ....... :(sad ;( :errrr:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi LD,
Yes, your sapphire. It looks fab with the mahenge spinel, and I want to enjoy them both at the same time. Sorry. :((

Here's a couple more shots of the new ring and I managed to get some pink flashes. On the side shot, you can see the bezeled diamonds and how thick the shank is.

TLspinelchrysring5.jpg

TLspinelchrysring6.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Artificial light (bad picture, but my camera makes everything look fuzzy in fake light)

TLspinelchrysring7.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One more outdoor shot with better clarity. Thanks for looking! :wavey:

TLspinelchryring1.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wrote you a long response, but it seems that it vanished. Bottom line: you can attribute it to all sorts of good luck, but the fact of the matter is that you have a gift, and the rest of us, who aren't so endowed, bow down before your talent **imagine an emoticon on its knees bowing down before you **

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty TL. Spinels and chrysoberyls are my favorites!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
minousbijoux|1321237507|3061075 said:
I wrote you a long response, but it seems that it vanished. Bottom line: you can attribute it to all sorts of good luck, but the fact of the matter is that you have a gift, and the rest of us, who aren't so endowed, bow down before your talent **imagine an emoticon on its knees bowing down before you **

Not a talent Minous. You give me way too much credit. ;)) You should have seen some of the duds I used to buy when I first started collecting gems over 20 years ago. :knockout:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LisaRN|1321237941|3061085 said:
Very pretty TL. Spinels and chrysoberyls are my favorites!

Lisa, most of us like spinels. :naughty: Thanks!

I probably would have never gotten into spinels if it wasn't for PS. Before PS, all the spinels I ever saw were pretty ugly. I never realized they could be so lovely!

Barrett

Ideal_Rock

I second Minous post...fantastic combo and match-up. To me it has a "regal" or a "royal" look to it
Two thumbs up!!!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Those stones are beautiful and they make a great combo! I really like that setting too, especially the diamond details on the sides.

petit_bijou

Shiny_Rock
What a beautiful ring TL! :love: :appl:

I always LOVE your spinels, and the gallery of the setting is just gorgeous.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results