shape
carat
color
clarity

Santa''s bringing us a puppy!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG, WM, the new baby is beautiful!!! As are, of course, your three older babies.
3.gif
Good luck on your first solo day with all 4!!! You are such a superwoman!!!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Way too cute for words!

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
W-mama: oooohhhhh cute cute cute pupperkins! Love corgis, they crack me up with their personalities, so funny and friendly. Your little ones are adorable! But Winky is sooooo cute (is the name officially winky?) and I just want to pet her and hug her and call her george.

Jeannine

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aw, Wallermama, she''s just too darn cute for words! Congrats!

Both our beagles do the froggy leg thing...our oldest did it consistently in all 16 weeks of obedience training, and still lays like that no matter what...our new puppy actually does it here and there, but for the most part lays "properly"...so I guess I agree with the other poster who said some do and some don''t! They''re funny little things, those doggies!
3.gif

AmantdeChat

Brilliant_Rock
Your new baby is soo precious! I love the froggy pose.
3.gif
I just want to squeeze her silly!
9.gif

Please keep us updated. A corgi is exactly what I want, and I would love to hear how easy they are to train, behaviors, etc.

face23.gif

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for your excitement, guys! It is so fun to dash onto PS when I have a quiet moment and see what you have written.

Winky is doing great! We gave her a vaccination ourselves that the breeder had given us, took her into the vet, saw that she has gained almost a pound in the week she has been with us to that point, and she is doing great with the kids. She is getting much better about her puppy nipping with the kids, although we have discovered that there is no getting her off of my 5 year old''s tutus. Guess she has a think for tulle, pink, princesses, or ballerinas!

She really is easy to train so far. A huge difference from our basenji, who basically trained us to treat her how she wanted us to treat her, and didn''t do a thing that she didn''t *feel* like doing
20.gif
! She is doing fairly well with housetraining, loves her crate which is a huge relief...you can even say "go to bed!" and she trots in if she knows something good will come her way for doing it!

Right now she is kind of berserk because I have her on a leash tied to me. The "puppy umbilical cord method" that everyone writes about, to keep her out of trouble during the chew/potty phase. She''s not a big fan of day one of no freedom, but this is Day One of not having DH and the in-laws here to help, so tough cookies, Winky!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wallermama, ha ha! I have this vision of you with this puppy tied by a leash to your belt as you go around the house cooking and cleaning. It''s just hysterical!

Glad to hear that Winky is doing well so far. Maybe since she''s *right there* you might be able to squeeze in a few more pics, LOL!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/4/2007 3:36:15 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
Wallermama, ha ha! I have this vision of you with this puppy tied by a leash to your belt as you go around the house cooking and cleaning. It''s just hysterical!

Glad to hear that Winky is doing well so far. Maybe since she''s *right there* you might be able to squeeze in a few more pics, LOL!
Haha! I was laughing at the same mental image and thinking the same thing about pics. Please indulge us with a few if you can find the time!!

widget

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for checking in, WM! I LOVE getting 'Winky Updates'!

It sounds like she's doing just great. The 'puppy umbilical cord' sounds like a great idea. I'd never heard of it before. It sure makes sense. I think the trick in trainining little ones is catching them in the act when they do something wrong. Not hard when she's tethered to you! LOL. What a picture.

Speaking of which...hint hint...
1.gif

widget

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results