shape
carat
color
clarity

San Francisco Get Together - Sept. 16th

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Here is one one in my kitchen. I want to reset this into a 3 stone ring. Or something. I do not like this setting, it is very nondescript. I just put it in this until I figure out what I "really want". Turns out figuring out what I really want is hard to do!

beacon on counter1 resize2.jpg

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Here is a photo in the sun, along with the band

beacon in sun resize2.jpg

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Here is one last one - I am sort of getting the hang of the resize thing, but some of the pictures don''t turn out as well.

rv dian resize2.jpg

widget

Ideal_Rock
MMMMM...it's gorgeous! Did I see this saturday?? (I think I got so blinded by all the bling I sort of lost track of whose was whose...
19.gif
)

Turns out figuring out what I really want is hard to do!
Isn't that the truth???? So many options...

Take your time. I think dreaming and deciding is half the fun. That said, it were mine, I'd probably send it off to LM tomorrow and mount it like Kristy's! LOL...

It really is stunning. Have you had it long?

widget

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
OH MY GOD BEACON!!! I didn''t get to spend any time with you so I totally missed that bling!!! Have you posted about your ring before? I must be taking crazy pills! I''m so bummed I missed that wonderful ring!

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Widget! KristyDarlings ring is so gorgeous - she explained that Leon picked those perfect matching pears for her reset. Yes, Leon can make magic.

Part of me wants a 3 round stone ring, just cause it is easy to find good matches. I tried on a pretty 3 RB ring at Saks during the GTG.

I stopped at Tiffany in Palo Alto and checked out their 3 stones. They are showing a lot of colored stones for side stones. Saw a beauty with a diamond center and 2 round emeralds on the sides. Very eye catching, but probably too delicate for daily wear.

The more things I look at, the more confused I get!! But I do agree with you, dreaming and imagining and sorting all the options is at least half the fun
5.gif

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
No Mara, you are not taking any crazy pills! I didn''t have it with me. I wore my smaller princess cut to the GTG. Out of caution I decided to just bring that one to my first meeting. I was slightly concerned about lurkers and security and so on.

In fact, I wish we could somehow contact privately cause it is a *serious* amount of bling at that GTG! Wow-wee!

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
Mara and widget - Beacon did not bring this ring w/her on Saturday (and I think you regretted it, Beacon, did you not?! hehe) she wore a princess, ~1ct I think. and a band from blue nile.

Anyway, it was nice meeting all of you, and esp meeting all of your bling... haha! It was nice finally putting faces to PS names and real names!! I don''t think I remember everyone''s real name yet. hehe...

widget''s ring stole the show, you were sneaky, girl! haha... it was so nice seeing you and wallermama again.

Rigga - I am so glad you joined PS, you must post some pics of your ''big dog'' for the rest of the PSers to drool over...
9.gif

Art Nouveau - I am SO amazed by your absolutely stunning Beaudry... I am getting a new appreciation for radiants. You must update us on your emerald setting also. I just saw a fantastic setting for an emerald yesterday... it was N/S but w/a halo, I know you were looking at E/W and we were all recommending that, but this N/S halo was fantastic too. I must try to find a pic of it.

Kristydarling - it was so fun to try on your ring and compare it to mine - I was telling some of the girls on our end of the table that your ring like my ring, except on major drugs!!! Leon''s settings are really amazing.

darling - I wish I got a better peek at your ring, your EC looked scrumptious!

Gypsy, orangevixen, snlee, luckyhonu, CareBear, anyone else I missed - it was wondering meeting you all!

What''s interesting for me is that I feel like even though there was ALL this amazing bling, I find a new appreciation of my own ering... everyone there had something a little different, and it was fun to try on other styles, but I love my three stone, I think if snlee is a solitare gal, I must be a three stone gal, I love KD and widgets'' rings!! (but then who doesn''t?!! hehe)

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Yes, in the end I wish I did bring my RB. Next time!

I really enjoyed looking at Carebear''s beautiful ring and very pretty solitaire setting. That superbcert tiffany replica is just gorgeous.

One thing I learned for sure is that when it comes to RBs color can definitely be played with. We had Ds and Js and everything in between and I have to say, all were very pretty. It was so educational for me.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh okay im glad i wasn''t TOTALLY out of it and missing this fabulous bauble of beacons....beacon did you post about it somewhere, size/specs/etc? you are thinking of resetting it?

i wish i had gotten more time to socialize with the gals on the other end of the table a little more but the shopping part after was really fun of course!! i LOVE the PS gtg''s!!

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beacon, totally understand why your RB baby is named Beacon! Too bad you didn''t bring it to the GTG. Next time you definitely need to show us!

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
How fun to hear about the GTG. I''m still waiting for those fabulous shots Mara! I know you got''em. I hope I can attend the next one. I am so missing out!! Damn work!!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
wow- that''s a stunning stone Beacon.
I love that band too. I''ve always liked that style

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Beacon, wow your ring is gorgeous! I hope to see it next time at the GTG and hopefully get to talk to you more. It''s so hard when there''s so many of us there!

flopkins, I know what you mean. It''s really fun seeing and trying on everyone else''s rings cause they are all so beautiful. I may sometimes dream of having a bigger diamond...or a different setting. However, I am grateful for what I have and love my set.

Milly, yes, I hope you can join us at the next GTG! You need to take a "sick day"
31.gif

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Once again, I experienced severe post-GTG letdown after Saturday!
5.gif
I had SUCH a great time. A great group of very sweet, nice, and funny ladies! DH was once again astounded that there were no "high maintenance" types at the GTG!

Widget -- seeing you waiting for us in front of Lang''s was definitely the high point! What a wonderful surprise...and of course, I just could NOT get enough of your incredible masterpiece of a ring. Wear that beauty in good health...you deserve it a thousand times over!

It was so nice to meet Beacon, Flopkins, Darling, and Gypsy. It was great putting names with faces. I knew you''d all be very cool ladies. Beacon, your princess cut was gorgeous! I''d love to see your huge round solitaire next time! Flopkins, YEAH for 3-stones with round/pears! Yours was tres beautiful. Darling -- I was speechless when I tried your emerald cut on my hand. Such elegance. And Gypsy -- your asscher only fueled my asscher lust! I can''t wait to see what kind of setting you chose.

Mara, can I just tell you how HURT I was when you told me that Widget''s ring has replaced mine on your Wish List???
2.gif
Actually, hers is now at the top of mine, too, hehe.
3.gif

God, that 4.6 OEC at Shreve''s was a big ole slice of heaven. It looked gorgeous on every single one of our hands! (yay for getting a tolerant and good-humored sales lady!) I also liked that honking 3-stone at Lang''s.

Seeing Luckyhonu''s gorgeous eternity band for the 3rd time is seriously putting naughty thoughts in my head.....I DO have an anniversary and birthday coming up.
11.gif

Wallermama and Rigga -- just being around you two nuts puts me in a good mood. You are too hysterical!!! Rigga, welcome to the fold.
1.gif
I can''t wait to see what other goodies are hiding in your safety deposit box!

Carebear and Snlee -- your stunning solitaires are delectable. I wore one for like 15 minutes straight at lunch. I entertained thoughts of bailing right then and there.
11.gif

Frances -- once again, your collection is mind-boggling. Your Beaudry ring is becoming a Pricescope legend!

Orangevixen -- keep us posted on your upgrade saga. I look forward to seeing the outcome!

I can''t wait for our next gathering!!!
36.gif

Rigga

Rough_Rock
KD - I''m afraid I brought my "best in show" to the GTG....I think that all of my other "bling" may pale in comparison. Then again, my other stuff is just different.

I don''t know if Mara took a pic of my "Big Dog" or not. I''m sure that WM and I can pilfer the hubby''s camera if she didn''t.

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
WOW!!! Beautiful rings :) Beacon I love your set. Where did you get your wedding band :)

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
What GORGEOUS rings, gals! Sounds like you had a blast.

This S.Cal PSer may be crashing one of your GTG's!

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Woobug - the band is a BN special. It is .50 ct, RBs and baguettes in platinum. I got it during a time when they had a *10% off * sale. They have these every once in a while - if you want, next time they do one I can send you the code.

I got it cause it''s very low profile and interferes minimally with the six prong solitaire. All the shared prong bands I tried on gapped a lot cause of the solitaire setting.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rigga, no I didn't get a shot of your fabu ring unfortunately!!!
39.gif

Beacon, have you posted size/specs of your stone yet? It looks huge! What size finger?

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
It was so much fun ladies! I''m still thinking about that Sheve OEC too. Sigh.

You ladies are so much fun and I''m glad you enjoyed Rigga. I knew it would be a match made in heaven!
12.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh how I wish I could have joined you ladies. You sound like you all had a ball.

Beacon: I LOVE your little Ringneck. He looks just like my little Taco
9.gif

Linda

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
Beacon, that ring of yours is ginormous!

orangevixen

Shiny_Rock
Ladies, I had the BEST time. I can''t wait to do it again. It''s so wonderful to have the opportunity to hang out with so many down to earth, intelligent, genuine, classy women
1.gif

Of course, I have to give a shout out to Widget...that ring is amazing. Sorry Kristy...but now there is a tie!

And the OEC at Shreve''s was the absolute highlight. That saleswoman was awesome for letting us all have our fun. She was so friendly.

Anyhow, not sure when the upgrade will happen. If anyone is up to coming down to check out my upgrade options at Joe Escobar sometime, just let me know

1.gif

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Thanks LindaW - he is the sweetest. The photo has stretched him out a little. He is eight years old, speaks all the time. Have another green ringneck, 1.5 years. I am just finding out that he is a male too - he is starting to get his ring. He''s a talker too.

Mara, that RB is 2.27, F, SI1, 8.45 mm. Finger size 5.25. I am quite sure I am going to turn it into a 3 stone. Until I change my mind again
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow beacon that 2.27 looks HUGE on your finger!!!! i'm so jealous! mine is 2.32 and 8.6mm and a size 6 finger (though the space on my finger is more like 5.5 since my knuckle is like 6) and it looks way smaller than yours! WAH!

orange...just let me know when you want to go check out JE!

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/20/2006 2:55:35 AM
Author: Mara
wow beacon that 2.27 looks HUGE on your finger!!!! i''m so jealous! mine is 2.32 and 8.6mm and a size 6 finger (though the space on my finger is more like 5.5 since my knuckle is like 6) and it looks way smaller than yours! WAH!

orange...just let me know when you want to go check out JE!

Omg Mara....LOL! You have shrinkage already? Well, you can pass that gorgeous 2.32 my way when you are done.

My Dh does a lot of biz in Napa/san fran....I''m coming down with him next time...maybe one of these days I''ll be able to attend a GTG. I''d love to see these rings in person. Esp. Mara''s...I am so curious about the J in real life. It looks so perfect in pictures, & I''m sure it is as good in person if not better, but I swear, should I ever buy a RB (Mara you''ve got me wanting one so bad) I''m having Mara inspect it for me!

LOL!

Jeannine

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Yes, Mara, I think you are seeing with DSS eyes. I have compared mine to a different RB that was 8.6mm and there was a definite difference - the 8.6 was clearly larger.

I think you''ll just have to face it - your a 3C girl if I ever saw one
4.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh i know i am a 3c girl ladies!!! i ain't in denial about THAT. though my husband may be. LOL. hahahaa....but seriously your rock looks mondo beacon. hmm. DSS indeedy.

diver...please do come out with hubby sometime and post on the forum about it so we can plan a get together around your visit! i am dying to meet you girlfriend!!

Art Nouveau

Brilliant_Rock
It was really fun to see you all and share all your ''bling'' at the SF GTG last Saturday. I enjoyed seeing and talking to everyone I met at the PA GTG. It was also nice to meet for the first time, Beacon, Rigga, Flopkins, Darling and Gsypy. Thank you Wallermama and KristyDarling for making all the arrangements. Rigga, I''m glad to see you have joined PS. You fit right in. It was a pleasant surprse to see Widget waiting for us in front of Lang''s. We were all going crazy screaming with delight and grapping her hand to see her Leon makeover. Widget, you Asscher ring is perfect now. I''m really glad you decided to ''get off your mountain top'' and braved the drive to the City. It was great to see you again. We overwhelmed the people at Lang''s Antiques. There were too many of us and they allowed only 4 at a time to go in. So we have to wait our turn. They have the most amazing stuff in the store front window, so it was fun browsing while waiting to get in. I really like the Belle Epogue brooch/pendant, but it was too expensive. At Shreves, I saw a Mikomoto reproduction of a pendant in a similar style, but it does not come close to the real antique brooch at Lang''s. Beacon, your RB is gorgeous. You have to bring it to the next GTG. If you ever decide to go to a Butterfield auction in SF, please let me know as I may tag along with you. Seeing all the round brilliants makes me miss the RB Beaudry stillette ring that I gave my daughter. Flopkins, I have not made any decisioin on the emerald pendant, so I would be happy to see any pictures that you can find. I can''t believe how often you gals get upgrades. I have to wait 17 years to get my first upgrade. The rate you are going, you will be hitting 4-5 carats in no time. Mara, when are you going to post your pics? I''m sure you have some nice ones. SNLee, your pics of Kristydarling''s and Widget''s rings side by side are great. They are Leon classics. I wish I have one too.

AN

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results