shape
carat
color
clarity

San Francisco Get Together - Sept. 16th

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/14/2006 3:37:33 PM
Author: KristyDarling

Date: 9/14/2006 2:00:53 PM
Author: darling
So where will you ladies be around noon?
Since Mara, OrangeVixen, and Darling are all arriving around noon (anyone else?), maybe we should specify a place to meet at that time. How about somewhere small, like Lang Antiques? The store is small enough that 1 hour will be pleeeenty of time before we have to head to our 1:15pm lunch res.

The pre-lunchers will meet before that at 11am at Emporio Rulli (where I plan to grab a cuppa coffee!) and then improvise from there.

So, what stores should we hit after lunch? Definitely Shreve, Tiffany............and maybe Cartier? Fellici is pretty good. And I hear Mozaffarian (sp?) is nice and there''s also Bulgari, Neiman''s, and Saks.

I can''t wait to see you all for this marathon day of bling-gazing!!!!! (and my offer still stands if anyone needs a pickup from Caltrain around 10:45ish)
Hey gals, I will probably be there around 12ish as well. I''ll meet you all at Lang''s! I''ll bring my camera this time too.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
okay so it looks like we have about 11 confirmed for lunch and i think wallermama is making the lunch ressie at 1:15 for Cafe La Presse.

11am @ Emporio Rulli :
KristyDarling
wallermama
Beacon
ArtNouveau
LuckyHonu
Carebear
Gypsy

12am @ Langs :
Mara
OrangeVixen
Snlee
Darling

still a maybe: flopkins?? how are you feeling??

if anyone else wants to join, let us know!!

see you gals tomorrow!! be sure to clean the bling! hehehee.

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
OK, I updated the first post in this thread with correct numbers. It lists addresses for meeting up, etc. We are at 12 confirmed for lunch, 13 if flopkins has a miraculous recovery and can join us!

It''s not too late, people! Come come come!

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
hi gals... count me in...

I still have an annoying tickly throat and a congested nose, but hey, am I going to let that stop me?!! Hopefully I am not contagious.
14.gif

I think I will join up at Noon at Langs though, so I can sleep in...
9.gif

Can''t wait to meet you all!!

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
Yay flopkins!

See you all today....

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 9/15/2006 1:39:42 PM
Author: Mara
okay so it looks like we have about 11 confirmed for lunch and i think wallermama is making the lunch ressie at 1:15 for Cafe La Presse.

11am @ Emporio Rulli :
KristyDarling
wallermama
Beacon
ArtNouveau
LuckyHonu
Carebear
Gypsy

12am @ Langs :
Mara
OrangeVixen
Snlee
Darling

still a maybe: flopkins?? how are you feeling??

if anyone else wants to join, let us know!!

see you gals tomorrow!! be sure to clean the bling! hehehee.
I''ll be the "girl" with the blonde wig, 5''O''clock shadow, wearing the pumps at table #3..(Lol...
9.gif
)

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
geez
20.gif

how sad is this:
I''ve been waiting for the pics and feedback from this get together all day.
41.gif

emclock.gif
35.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
haha well i just got home about 15 minutes ago and require some much needed couch time before going out to a birthday dinner tonite...but the long and short of it was that we had a fabulous time!! it was so great to see the PS girls again and meet Gypsy, Beacon, Flopkins, and Darling this time around!! we had 14 gals total at lunch, what a group!

miss sneaky widget surprised us with an appearance and MY GOD her asscher ring is JUST TO DIE FOR. i almost squealed when i saw her there and was ecstatic that she managed to meet with us! the new setting is just dreamy. i was quite honestly ready to just hand over my whole set to her and my firstborn and take her ring home with me. hahahaa. her ring was definitely getting all the attention this time around, as it well deserved!

we saw mucho bling today as well, visiting Lang's Antiques and Shreve and Co...but THE flavor of the day that we all seemed to all be in love with was seen at Shreve & Co, a 4.6c OEC in a beautiful bead set delicate antique setting that had scrolling leaves of pave making up the 'basket' of the head, the ring was from the 1930's and it was just stunning. it looked wonderful on everyone's hand...and we just kept passing it around again and again to drool. i don't think we got pictures of it, we were just too busy daydreaming...but it was simply stunning. the stone itself was really amazing too. i could so easily see myself just wearing that and no other jewelry forever.
31.gif
it was commanding yet simple. i tried on a 5c in another setting and it just looked wrong, but this 4.6c...though not much smaller, the setting really *made* the ring.

there were a ton of pictures taken since we had a few cameras but i don't even know everything that is on them since my camera was passed around for a while as were others, so i will have to check it out and see if i have anything super cool to post for you guys. but altogether a fabulous day was had once again with the PS gals...i gotta say that these gals are just amazing, we have said a few times that it's so fab to find people with like interests, like personalities that you just cannot wait to see again and again. no one around me REALLY understands my bling craze yet these women DO and it's just so great to be able to hang out for a day with a bunch of wonderful ladies, from various age groups and stages of life with one strong bond. BLING!

PS...Josh i thought i saw you over there a few tables away, the 5 o'clock shadow gave you away!
9.gif

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/16/2006 9:01:38 PM
Author: Mara
haha well i just got home about 15 minutes ago and require some much needed couch time before going out to a birthday dinner tonite...but the long and short of it was that we had a fabulous time!! it was so great to see the PS girls again and meet Gypsy, Beacon, Flopkins, and Darling this time around!! we had 14 gals total at lunch, what a group!

miss sneaky widget surprised us with an appearance and MY GOD her asscher ring is JUST TO DIE FOR. i almost squealed when i saw her there and was ecstatic that she managed to meet with us! the new setting is just dreamy. i was quite honestly ready to just hand over my whole set to her and my firstborn and take her ring home with me. hahahaa. her ring was definitely getting all the attention this time around, as it well deserved!

we saw mucho bling today as well, visiting Lang''s Antiques and Shreve and Co...but THE flavor of the day that we all seemed to all be in love with was seen at Shreve & Co, a 4.6c OEC in a beautiful bead set delicate antique setting that had scrolling leaves of pave making up the ''basket'' of the head, the ring was from the 1930''s and it was just stunning. it looked wonderful on everyone''s hand...and we just kept passing it around again and again to drool. i don''t think we got pictures of it, we were just too busy daydreaming...but it was simply stunning. the stone itself was really amazing too. i could so easily see myself just wearing that and no other jewelry forever.
31.gif
it was commanding yet simple. i tried on a 5c in another setting and it just looked wrong, but this 4.6c...though not much smaller, the setting really *made* the ring.

there were a ton of pictures taken since we had a few cameras but i don''t even know everything that is on them since my camera was passed around for a while as were others, so i will have to check it out and see if i have anything super cool to post for you guys. but altogether a fabulous day was had once again with the PS gals...i gotta say that these gals are just amazing, we have said a few times that it''s so fab to find people with like interests, like personalities that you just cannot wait to see again and again. no one around me REALLY understands my bling craze yet these women DO and it''s just so great to be able to hang out for a day with a bunch of wonderful ladies, from various age groups and stages of life with one strong bond. BLING!

PS...Josh i thought i saw you over there a few tables away, the 5 o''clock shadow gave you away!
9.gif
I knew it!!!! Was that ring glowing Mara? I would have loved to have seen it in person too!!!

Sounds like a great time was had by all........bound together by the bling!

Rigga

Rough_Rock
Oh dear. The get together today was so much fun that I buckled to peer pressure and just had to join! "The Ladies Who Bling" were just too delightful.

It''s like I finally found my "tribe."

Wallermama promises to teach me how to post pictures before I leave SF so I''ll definitely work on taking pics of the treasures I didn''t bring today.

It was truly lovely meeting you all! Thank you for all being so gracious and kind.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rigga...it was awesome that you came today!! You fit right in with us diamond loving crazies, hehee. Your ring was simply amazing as well! Next time you are in town we'll have to do it again!!

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
What a fabulous time it was to meet all the PS gals who were able to make it to the GTG. I had such a good time meeting everyone and seeing the extraordinary rings that were on hand (so to speak).

I have to say that every ring was so beautiful. Each one with a unique look and background. The chance to see (and try on!!) some of these amazing stones was a real treat.

If you are doing this again in Carmel I am totally on board! Had such a nice time - thanks to the PSers who organized this fun GTG.

widget

Ideal_Rock
Oh goodie, Rigga!!! I'm so glad you've joined! You're a hoot, and DEFINITELY a kindred spirit!

I had such a nice time today...I simply can't get over how terrific all these women are. SO worth the trip!! I'm sorry...I wasn't trying to be sneaky...I'm just such a weird, reclusive soul that I never know until the last minute if I'm in the "mood" to venture off my mountain and brave the drive into the city. I'm so glad I did!!!

Lordy it was fun...

I ducked out before the Shreves visit. Now I'm pouting because I missed that fabulous sounding antique OEC....oh well...next time!

Thanks, gals....what a great visit!

widget

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Rigga, it was so nice meeting you! I'm glad that you've met your "peeps" ! We are indeed part of the diamond crazy tribe!

It was lovely seeing everyone - as usual, we took a loooooong lunch chatting, takng pictures, passing around the bling...

widget, it was SUCH a nice surprise that you joined us! All I can say is "Ohmigodohmigodohmigodohmigodohmigod" at your amazing ring! It was truly a work of art.

Beacon, it was nice to meet you too! Next time you have to bring the big guns! BTW I don't have a name for my ring except "precioussssssssssssss".... Gollum style!
9.gif

It was also nice to meet flopkins and Darling! Wow I really needed my sunglasses for all the gorgeous bling everyone had.
10.gif

darling

Shiny_Rock
What a nice afternoon it was, I only wish I could have made it longer. Widget, maybe next time we can come your way; a little wine tasting with bling spying? You would have to meet us then too
face1.gif

It was great meeting everyone, nice to be able to put a face to a name.
''Til next time.

Rigga

Rough_Rock
I''m with Darling - I''d fly up for a wine tasting bling fest with Widget!

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/17/2006 12:06:54 AM
Author: darling
What a nice afternoon it was, I only wish I could have made it longer. Widget, maybe next time we can come your way; a little wine tasting with bling spying? You would have to meet us then too
face1.gif

It was great meeting everyone, nice to be able to put a face to a name.
''Til next time.

This could be a seriously perfect combo.

There are some very nice jewelry shops in St. Helena. I am there in a heartbeat
21.gif

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think Napa sounds like a great idea! I''ve never been to the jewelry stores in St. Helena, just the outlets.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Oh! Napa would be fun!

It was great seeing all the PS girls again. It nice to meet Gypsy, Beacon, Flopkins, Darling, and Rigga. (Rigga, so glad WM got you to join us at the GTG and PS!)

widget, I''m so glad you were able to come! Your ring is to die for. So BEAUTIFUL!

luckyhonu, I want to see you wearing your ering next time! We missed it this time around. That 1.6 looks HUGE on your size 2 finger and I need to see it again!

CareBear, I''m jealous of your 2.1 upgrade. It''s beautiful. Thanks for letting me try it on a couple times! I just loved seeing how my set would look with a huge diamond. (one I will sadly never get) I will just have to wear yours every time we have a GTG to get my bling fix!

Mara said I''m such a solitaire girl, which is so true. I loved Darling''s solitaire 2.5 emerald cut ring. It''s gorgeous! I always thought I was a round loving girl but now I''m starting to love other shapes too!

Everyone''s rings are so beautiful. It''s always great to hang out with the PS girls, talking and jewelry browsing. And of course, trying on each other''s blings, taking tons of pictures, and not feeling embarrassed! (I got over the weird looks after the 1st GTG!)

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Here are a couple shots. Unfortunately, I didn't get many good shots. The lighting wasn't that great.

Both Leon's together. Boy does my diamond look small!

leons.jpg

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Another...

leons2.jpg

snlee

Ideal_Rock
I love the side view and how low they are set.

leonsideview.jpg

snlee

Ideal_Rock
CareBear''s 2.1 with my 1.23

carebearsnlee2.jpg

snlee

Ideal_Rock
CareBear''s superbcert with my wedding band. I love how big the diamond looks!

carebears.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are great pictures, snlee! Thanks for posting them! We can all dream of having a KD or Widget ring!

Mara, we''re waiting to see your pictures, too!

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
Sounds like a great time was had by all! Thanks for posting those pics, snlee; I''m loving all the bling shots! I''m so sad I missed out on this GTG. There''s always next time though.

And whenever anyone else gets the chance, please feel free to post more pics!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
It was great. Those organizing it did a really nice job of finding a restaurant close to everything we were seeing and setting up locations for meeting that were interesting and easy to find. Meeting everyone was great-- everyone was so nice! Widget's rings is ... words fail me. The diamonds are WHITE WHITE... like nothing I've ever seen and the setting just highlights the beauty of the stones without drawing undue attention to itself and Leon's double prongs are so delicate and PERFECT in person it's unbelievable. Kristy's HUGE Leon was... I swear... even more dazzling in person. Mara's ring looks like a very classy headlight-- but of course our girl was drawn to ANYTHING bigger than 3 carats like nothing I've ever seen. And the superbcert Tiffany replica Carebear had was STUNNING-- I love that setting! And Luckyhonu's eternity band by Whiteflash was so beautful... those ACA's sparkled like mad. so much bling. The lady at Shreve was ogling the PS bling... we were looking at the amazing vintage ring Mara posted about above and she looks over at Mara's ring and Kristy's and with a raised eyebrow she says dryly, "Looks like you all have done very well for yourselves too!" For me that was the funniest moment-- The PS lady's had enough bling on them to put Shreve to shame-- and I haven't even mentioned Art Neuvo's Beaudry! Holy CRAP.

Anyway... it was really fun and I had a great time putting faces to names. Rigga!!! WELCOME home! You are a TRUE Pser!

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Sound like you gurls had a wonderful time. Can''t wait for more pictures.

Did Carebear ever make a thread about her upgrade? No hiding from non Bay Area PSers.

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I had so much fun meeting up with you gals again and meeting the new gals! There''s always so much to talk about and so much bling to see!
We were all screaming like school girls when Widget showed up, grabbing her hand to see her ring. The Leon makeover is just STUNNING!
Snlee, I wish my fingers were as skinny and long as yours. the ring looks so much bigger on you! I have no doubt that you''ll have a 2ct in no time. Us diamond crazies always find a way!

Rigga, so glad you finally decided to join PS. Hope to see you here as a regular! Can''t wait for you to post your other sparklies!

Beacon, did you ever post your RB? I can''t find it on any threads.

qtiekiki, I posted my ring a while back. Here is the thread https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/heres-my-upgrade.49246/=

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Here are (hopefully) 2 pictures of my RB. Stone is 2.27, F, SI1, quite eye clean. Here is one:

Beacon alone2 resize.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results