shape
carat
color
clarity

San Francisco Get Together - Sept. 16th

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
OK, People! If you live in the Bay Area, here's your chance to get together with like-minded bling nuts to see each other's sparklies and windowshop to your heart's content! Come men, come women, come blingless or blinged-out...

When: Saturday, September 16
Where: Union Square, downtown San Francisco.

PRE-LUNCH BLING-SPYING 11am-1pm[/b]
We'll meet at 11:00am in front of the coffeshop (on the Post/Stockton corner of the actual Union Square) named Emporio Rulli Il Caffe

kristydarling
wallermama
wallermama's SoCA cousin-in-law
art nouveau
carebear
luckyhonu
beacon
gypsy

Late-comers Meeting us at 12pm at Lang's Estate Jewelry, 323 Sutter St betwn Stockton and Grant Streets)

darling
mara
snlee
orangevixen
flopkins

We will meet for lunch at Cafe de la Presse (corner of Grant and Bush) at 1:15pm

Please post if you plan on coming so we can make sure the reservation is correct!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Maybe: Linda W. Would it be OK, if my DH comes too. I don''t drive to S.F by myself. I am a woos, hee hee. He is doing better, after his motorcycle accident.

Linda P.S. I would love to show you my Padparadschas
30.gif
9.gif

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
sorry to miss this event! i''ll be in toronto at the film festival and well on my way to becoming a ''movie zombie''. actually, i''ll be a movie zombie....its the last day of the festival and i''ll have seen 50 films at that point!

have fun and let me know if you spy any interesting color stones.

movie zombie

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/21/2006 7:29:54 PM
Author: movie zombie
sorry to miss this event! i''ll be in toronto at the film festival and well on my way to becoming a ''movie zombie''. actually, i''ll be a movie zombie....its the last day of the festival and i''ll have seen 50 films at that point!

movie zombie
oooh noooooo.... I was hoping that Queen Spess would have her own little throne on the table next to you! And we could all come pay our respects.
2.gif

Have fun!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
queen spess?! you''re toooooooo much, wallermama! perhaps another date will work out and she can come out to play.........
face6.gif

movie zombie

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/21/2006 7:24:29 PM
Author: Linda W
Maybe: Linda W. Would it be OK, if my DH comes too. I don''t drive to S.F by myself. I am a woos, hee hee. He is doing better, after his motorcycle accident.

Linda P.S. I would love to show you my Padparadschas
30.gif
9.gif
Oh, I''m so glad he is doing better! Everytime my DH zooms off on his vespa I worry. Even though I ride it too
2.gif

Bring him along! And don''t forget those pads....sigh
30.gif

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh, no....i''m going to miss pads!!!!!

heavy sigh, movie zombie

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Movie Zombie,

We will take some pictures for you.
9.gif

Wallermama: Thanks, DH is doing so much better. He won''t be able to return to work, until the beginning of October. I am just thankful he is alive. If his 3 friends weren''t with him, he would have died. They were riding home from work on their bikes.

Linda

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
There is a good chance that DH Rick and I may stay at the Courtyard in San Bruno for this outing. His family lives in Foster City and we could visit them on Sunday.

I will let you all know for sure as the time grows closer. That way if anyone wants to drive with us to SF, you would be welcome to.

Linda

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
I think I can make this one. Need to check in w/the hubby.
9.gif

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh MZ, I was so hoping to see your famous ring in person! Hopefully next GTG?

Linda and Flopkins -- yay for *maybe* coming!!! Just work on getting into the YES column and we''ll be good to go.
9.gif

Others? Firegoddess? Innerkitten? Other ladies from July''s PA GTG? All Bay Area people are welcome!!!!

VINA

Rough_Rock
I have just passed on the information to my Hell Angles biker friends. I think they are also interested in meeting these PS ladies.

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/22/2006 7:50:44 PM
Author: VINA
I have just passed on the information to my Hell Angles biker friends. I think they are also interested in meeting these PS ladies.
20.gif
14.gif
Very Irritating Not Amusing!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know VINA's post was probably meant in jest, but would I be a wuss for admitting that it weirded me out a little?
33.gif
(just cuz I know we were all a little paranoid about unsavory types following us to the PA GTG in July!)

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
don't worry kristy...i can defend us and our bling with my fabulous kickboxing skills!!!!
31.gif
or at least i can defend myself. maybe. depending on if i had enough carbs that day. hrmm. nevermind.

(it weirded me out a bit too actually)

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
If VINA was any kind of a man, he would step up now and concede that his little joke was not funny....especially after reading that it made some women feel uncomfortable!

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Oh well, I guess poor VINA is not aware of how disconcerting those bad angles can be for us diamond lovers!
11.gif

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
VINA obviously doesn''t know that, like Wonderwoman''s amazonium bracelets, the collective bling in a certain french cafe could deflect any evil crashers. Just simultaneously hold all bling to the light at just the right angle and, TA DA! Blind bad guys.

But tsk tsk, vina...not funny!

VINA

Rough_Rock
Of course I am joking. Don't worry... There will be at least a dozen of PS ladies in middle of the city at daylight. No one dares...

It just came across my mind that there will be lots of big stones and it's not a good idea to disclose this meeting location on the web. Hopefully, some guys will also join in.

I am sorry if my jokes make any of you uncomfortable. But you guys may want to consider what I said seriously though. Let say you have 25 people at the meeting; you probably have more expensive diamonds then most jewelry stores. Jewelry stores get robbed at daylight too and they have cameras, alarms and double doors.

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Hey ladies...you might want to make a private MSN site to discuss PS get-togethers.

I got on a December Mommies thread on Babycenter back in april 04 when I got pg...long story short, the 30 of us moved to a private MSN site, cuz we got creeped out by posting pics of our precious babes on the public internet--we are all still there.

We have 2 administrators & you have to email one of them to get accepted.

You could post the date/city of the get-together here on PS, and then anyone interested in attending would have to email the administrator to get access to the details (exact locations & times posted on your private/members only site).

That way, you aren''t inviting trouble.

Yahoo also has a private group site service as well, and its all free.

Hope this helps, and have fun! If I lived in SF I would be there in a heartbeat...Oh to see Mara''s J in action, I can dream!!!

:)

Jeannine

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Vina, I didn''t care for your joke, even if it was meant in fun.
14.gif

I like the idea of a private site. I belong to a private group on Yahoo. We discuss our little Ringneck parrots.

What do you all think? This way, we can keep the restaurant where we are meeting private.

I am glad my hubby will be with us ladies.
9.gif

Linda

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Jeannine, that''s a great suggestion. However, the only problem with that is we aren''t allowed to post an email address on PS. We''ve tried coming up with a way to keep the details of GTG''s private. We haven''t found a solution yet.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Snlee,

On Yahoo, there is a Moderator. You have to ask permission to join that list. Like the Ringneck one I am on, I am co-moderator. So we would see, who wants to join. No one can join unless the moderator says so. It would be private. That way, we could give out email addresses. No outsiders, would be able to join or see our info. Do I make sense?

Linda

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
snlee---can''t we email each other within the pricescope site? Like, if I were to click on you as a user & send you an email asking you to add me to an msn site and include my email address within the body of the email ?

I remember some guy once sent me an email a few years ago from this forum, kind of being a sleaze, so I think I have that option turned off now.

Or, you could post the private website address & when someone tries to log on, it will force them to contact the administrator...

Then you could allow or disallow them.

HTH

Jeannine

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Wallermama,

Can I just say the simplicity of your ring just blows my mind? That setting, that stone. Pure unadulterated beauty. bliss!

Jeannine

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
That kind of thing would be against the PS forum rules, and we''ve all agreed to live by those by signing up here.

My feeling is that we just need to make these details public on the forum, and of course anyone who is really uncomfortable should follow their instincts and take a raincheck.

I guess in general my life philosophy is that while I want to avoid putting myself/my family in harm''s way of course, I also don''t want to live my life in fear of remote, highly unlikely possibilities. I really took that message of Michael Moore''s film "Bowling for Columbine" to heart. I just refuse to believe that any of us are in any more danger gathered together in a crowded downtown cafe than we are walking down any street or mall parking lot with a diamond ring on. I doubt there is one pricescoper out there that hasn''t twisted their ring around in certain areas, or felt vulnerable because of their conspicuously displayed valuables.

I don''t know. It''s a complicated one, isn''t it?
40.gif

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/23/2006 12:46:22 AM
Author: divergrrl
Wallermama,

Can I just say the simplicity of your ring just blows my mind? That setting, that stone. Pure unadulterated beauty. bliss!

Jeannine
Why, you sweet thing you! You make me blush....

By the way, I''m originally from Portland. I always miss it when you post!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
the PM system is gone and we cannot post email addresses. so everything has to be done out in the open. there have been countless PS get togethers in the years i have been here and so far nothing horrible has happened *big knock on wood of course*. however, this is nothing that hasn't been mentioned or thought of before, vina.

honestly, i feel like life in general is dangerous. if someone wants my ring, i could be surrounded by 20 other PS gals or walking on a street by myself. they could want my purse or my shoes too. in reality, no one is really ever 'safe' in my opinion. just be cautious, aware of those around you and if you know some martial arts or similar, it helps
20.gif
too. as does mace or a personal alarm or a pointy boot toed kick to a sensitive place.
31.gif
11.gif

eta...wallermama, i see that you said basically the same thing...tee hee. great minds girl!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/23/2006 1:26:51 AM
Author: Mara
the PM system is gone and we cannot post email addresses. so everything has to be done out in the open. there have been countless PS get togethers in the years i have been here and so far nothing horrible has happened *big knock on wood of course*. however, this is nothing that hasn''t been mentioned or thought of before, vina.

honestly, i feel like life in general is dangerous. if someone wants my ring, i could be surrounded by 20 other PS gals or walking on a street by myself. they could want my purse or my shoes too. in reality, no one is really ever ''safe'' in my opinion. just be cautious, aware of those around you and if you know some martial arts or similar, it helps
20.gif
too. as does mace or a personal alarm or a pointy boot toed kick to a sensitive place.
31.gif
11.gif

eta...wallermama, i see that you said basically the same thing...tee hee. great minds girl!
LOL...you might be surrounded by 20 PS girls who probably want your ring, your purse, AND your shoes! Watch out for those lovely PS ladies with DSS...it can cause them to go crazy and fight you for it!
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/23/2006 1:42:11 AM
Author: TravelingGal

Date: 8/23/2006 1:26:51 AM
Author: Mara
the PM system is gone and we cannot post email addresses. so everything has to be done out in the open. there have been countless PS get togethers in the years i have been here and so far nothing horrible has happened *big knock on wood of course*. however, this is nothing that hasn''t been mentioned or thought of before, vina.

honestly, i feel like life in general is dangerous. if someone wants my ring, i could be surrounded by 20 other PS gals or walking on a street by myself. they could want my purse or my shoes too. in reality, no one is really ever ''safe'' in my opinion. just be cautious, aware of those around you and if you know some martial arts or similar, it helps
20.gif
31.gif
11.gif

LOL...you might be surrounded by 20 PS girls who probably want your ring, your purse, AND your shoes! Watch out for those lovely PS ladies with DSS...it can cause them to go crazy and fight you for it!
2.gif
LOL TG i didn''t even think of that but by damn you could be right!!! they might take my Charlotte pants too! hehee.''

greg has often said he''d pity anyone who decided to accost me. i''m ALMOST positive he means that as a compliment to me. almost.
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results