shape
carat
color
clarity

Ruby which one is the better option?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
BE treatment is stable and permanent. The stone will hold up well. Fracture filling is more iffy, it’ll depend on how extensive the filling is, the material used, and how you care for it.

I’ve nothing against treatment as long as it is clearly stated and priced accordingly. I refuse to pay low heat only price for a diffused and/or fracture filled ruby.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
BE treatment is stable and permanent. The stone will hold up well. Fracture filling is more iffy, it’ll depend on how extensive the filling is, the material used, and how you care for it.

I’ve nothing against treatment as long as it is clearly stated and priced accordingly. I refuse to pay low heat only price for a diffused and/or fracture filled ruby.

This is my issue with JA gemstones. I have no inherent issue with them, but I despise that they aren't being transparent about the treatment and other info.

Polyhex

Brilliant_Rock
This is my issue with JA gemstones. I have no inherent issue with them, but I despise that they aren't being transparent about the treatment and other info.

It's a really bad sign that the agent is saying they don't know what kind of treatment their own stones have had, and when I asked how they had priced it if they don't know because it's hundreds-thousands / ct difference in price, he hasn't replied back. I'm really surprised, JA has such great customer service around diamonds, even tiny and inexpensive ones.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results