shape
carat
color
clarity

Ruby & Diamond heirloom ring from Maytal is here!!! (lots of pics)

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! The color is outstanding!!! And POP she does...so pretty!

Sorry to hear about your wedding...glad you have a beautiful distraction though to help you get through!

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
It's beautiful! I love how it turned out! I'm working with her on a project now and she really is so nice and easy to work with.

Gemstonesrock

Shiny_Rock
It's beautiful! I love how it turned out! I'm working with her on a project now and she really is so nice and easy to work with.

I can’t wait to see your project- when is it done??

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG. HEIRLOOM IS RIGHT...

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful, congratulations!

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
thank you for the additional images and video!! so so captivating!!

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I can’t wait to see your project- when is it done??

I don’t know and it’s killing me! Two weeks ago she said two weeks, but I’ve already bugged her a few times so I’m trying to be patient and not ask this time. Like yours there was an issue and she had her jeweler rebuild it.

Tinkybell

Shiny_Rock
Wow ,that is stunning! Looks fantastic on you!

Gemstonesrock

Shiny_Rock
I don’t know and it’s killing me! Two weeks ago she said two weeks, but I’ve already bugged her a few times so I’m trying to be patient and not ask this time. Like yours there was an issue and she had her jeweler rebuild it.

Oh I hope you get your jewel soon. Sapphire right? I definitely got the feeling she’s slammed right now. I assumed she had several bench jewelers who handforge her designs, but then she clarified that she only has one guy. So that has to be a bottleneck. After the hiccup, the remake of the ring took 4 weeks! But then again I did tell her to take her time and make it totally perfect!

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Oh I hope you get your jewel soon. Sapphire right? I definitely got the feeling she’s slammed right now. I assumed she had several bench jewelers who handforge her designs, but then she clarified that she only has one guy. So that has to be a bottleneck. After the hiccup, the remake of the ring took 4 weeks! But then again I did tell her to take her time and make it totally perfect!

Yep sapphire! I actually just got an email that it’s done I should have it tomorrow. I also get the feeling she’s super busy. Lots of pandemic rings?

Gemstonesrock

Shiny_Rock
Yep sapphire! I actually just got an email that it’s done I should have it tomorrow. I also get the feeling she’s super busy. Lots of pandemic rings?

@elrohwen SO EXCITING! I can't wait to see your sapphire three-stone! I have to admit I am surprised that she has so much in the pipeline with the pandemic. It did seem quieter when I first started working with her in July but maybe pent-up demand from March through summer is finally getting released and everyone (especially those getting engaged/married) is moving forward with their ring projects! I'll be looking for your post tomorrow hee hee!

Donnass117

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I'm sorry that you had to postpone your wedding, but this is a great consolation prize. Your ruby is spectacular and the setting shows it off so beautifully! I love the half moons with it, congratulations!

m1918

Shiny_Rock
So beautiful! I love seeing her sketches of the setting next to the actual ring—so cool.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
That is exquisitely beautiful! A true treasure! Love the way you've set her!

Enjoy and wear in good health!

Efleon

Brilliant_Rock
Woo hoo she's finally here! Say hello to Nandar (Burmese for "to rejoice"), my custom, hand-forged three-stone ring from Maytal Hannah. The highlight of the ring is a 1.41 ct cushion cut, certified unheated Classic Mogok Burma ruby, which I purchased in 2007 from Robert Genis of National Gemstone. Unheated old Burma rubies are terribly hard to come by now, so I am really happy I acquired it when I did. The ruby is a saturated, vivid stoplight red and is truly impressive, particularly in low light conditions. It's hard to believe this gem was stashed in my safe deposit box for 13 years! The ruby is encircled by a delicate diamond halo (.18 CTW F/G, VS)and flanked by two F/G VS half-moon diamonds (.60 CTW). The ring is made of platinum.

I had commissioned this jewel to wear on my right hand for my August 15, 2020 Carmel Valley wedding. Sadly, we had to cancel the wedding due to COVID spikes and real concern for the safety of our family and friends. Not sure when we will reschedule the nuptials but at least I have this gorgeous jewel to enjoy for now.

I have to say that Maytal Hannah was an absolute delight to work with. She responded to my first inquiry within a couple of hours and was extremely attentive and communicative from concept through execution. Her level of service is outstanding. She understood my vision for a classic, elegant "heirloom" three-stone ring and made suggestions that refined my ideas into the final design. With her guidance, I decided to swap pear shaped diamonds for half-moons instead. She also suggested the delicate micropave diamond halo to make the ruby really pop. I never felt that she was pushing her vision onto me, but I very much appreciated her design opinions and options at every step. We had a small hiccup during the forging of the ring, but Maytal immediately made it right and had the entire ring remade which speaks volumes about her integrity. The level of finish on the ring (even under magnification) is extremely high. I enthusiastically recommend Maytal for hand-forged jewelry.

Here are the ruby's stats:
Size: 1.412
Cert: AGL - June 09, 2006
Type: "Classic" Burma
Shape: Cushion
MM: 6.35 x 5.59 x 4.56
Color/Tone: 2.5/75
Color Rating/Tone: 2-3/75-80
Color Scan: Red 70, Pink/Purple 15, Orange 15
Clarity: MI1-MI2
Proportions: Very Good-Good (3-4)
Depth: 81.6%
Average Brilliancy: 70-80%
Finish: Very Good-Good (3-4)
TQIR: Excellent to Very Good (2.5)
Heat Enhancement: None

Maytal's video of Nandar:

The original thread where I asked for help choosing stones for this ring is here:
https://www.pricescope.com/communit...elp-me-choose-side-stones-from-photos.258196/

AND FINALLY HERE ARE THE PICS!!!!

1) Maytal's final concept sketch and Nandar
2) Closeup of Nandar in diffused (cloudy) indoor light
3) Nandar in outdoor full sun
4) Nandar by bedlamp
5) Nandar with my 3.25 ct ruby and diamond eternity band in diffused (cloudy) indoor light. What do you think of this stack- is it ruby/diamond overkill?

Ring and sketch 2.jpeg IMG-3337.jpg
IMG-3344.jpg IMG-3346.jpg IMG-3318.jpg

Wowza!
Just breathtakingly gorgeous :appl:

starbrite

Shiny_Rock
Breathtakingly stunning! Beautiful, beautiful stone. Gorgeous ring.

higanbanya

Shiny_Rock
Love the stone, the setting complements it so beautiful! The red is just so stunning.

Gemstonesrock

Shiny_Rock
Thank you PSers for the lovely comments on my ring. I am really enjoying her so much and can’t stop staring at her!

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
What an incredible stone and incredible ring. It is just breathtaking.

I'm so sorry to hear about your wedding but it will be wonderful whenever you are safe enough to have it. I just adore Carmel Valley, many happy memories there.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous ruby and setting! :love: Maytal did a beautiful job! You were very fortunate to find such a beautiful ruby. I love the color!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful in every way, congrats!!!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just stunning!! The stone looks GREAT in all lighting and the setting looks perfect for it.

Thanks for sharing all of these photos with us!

:appl::appl::appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results