shape
carat
color
clarity

Ruby & Diamond heirloom ring from Maytal is here!!! (lots of pics)

Gemstonesrock

Shiny_Rock
Woo hoo she's finally here! Say hello to Nandar (Burmese for "to rejoice"), my custom, hand-forged three-stone ring from Maytal Hannah. The highlight of the ring is a 1.41 ct cushion cut, certified unheated Classic Mogok Burma ruby, which I purchased in 2007 from Robert Genis of National Gemstone. Unheated old Burma rubies are terribly hard to come by now, so I am really happy I acquired it when I did. The ruby is a saturated, vivid stoplight red and is truly impressive, particularly in low light conditions. It's hard to believe this gem was stashed in my safe deposit box for 13 years! The ruby is encircled by a delicate diamond halo (.18 CTW F/G, VS)and flanked by two F/G VS half-moon diamonds (.60 CTW). The ring is made of platinum.

I had commissioned this jewel to wear on my right hand for my August 15, 2020 Carmel Valley wedding. Sadly, we had to cancel the wedding due to COVID spikes and real concern for the safety of our family and friends. Not sure when we will reschedule the nuptials but at least I have this gorgeous jewel to enjoy for now.

I have to say that Maytal Hannah was an absolute delight to work with. She responded to my first inquiry within a couple of hours and was extremely attentive and communicative from concept through execution. Her level of service is outstanding. She understood my vision for a classic, elegant "heirloom" three-stone ring and made suggestions that refined my ideas into the final design. With her guidance, I decided to swap pear shaped diamonds for half-moons instead. She also suggested the delicate micropave diamond halo to make the ruby really pop. I never felt that she was pushing her vision onto me, but I very much appreciated her design opinions and options at every step. We had a small hiccup during the forging of the ring, but Maytal immediately made it right and had the entire ring remade which speaks volumes about her integrity. The level of finish on the ring (even under magnification) is extremely high. I enthusiastically recommend Maytal for hand-forged jewelry.

Here are the ruby's stats:
Size: 1.412
Cert: AGL - June 09, 2006
Type: "Classic" Burma
Shape: Cushion
MM: 6.35 x 5.59 x 4.56
Color/Tone: 2.5/75
Color Rating/Tone: 2-3/75-80
Color Scan: Red 70, Pink/Purple 15, Orange 15
Clarity: MI1-MI2
Proportions: Very Good-Good (3-4)
Depth: 81.6%
Average Brilliancy: 70-80%
Finish: Very Good-Good (3-4)
TQIR: Excellent to Very Good (2.5)
Heat Enhancement: None

Maytal's video of Nandar:

The original thread where I asked for help choosing stones for this ring is here:
https://www.pricescope.com/communit...elp-me-choose-side-stones-from-photos.258196/

AND FINALLY HERE ARE THE PICS!!!!

1) Maytal's final concept sketch and Nandar
2) Closeup of Nandar in diffused (cloudy) indoor light
3) Nandar in outdoor full sun
4) Nandar by bedlamp
5) Nandar with my 3.25 ct ruby and diamond eternity band in diffused (cloudy) indoor light. What do you think of this stack- is it ruby/diamond overkill?

Ring and sketch 2.jpeg IMG-3337.jpg
IMG-3344.jpg IMG-3346.jpg IMG-3318.jpg

Attachments

• IMG-3312.jpg
    IMG-3312.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
W.O.W.

massively spectacularly gorgeous!! I LOVE rubies! i'm a july baby. its beautiful on your hand! That is one high quality ruby! may it bring you endless delight and joy!!

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW again.
what a glorious ruby.
what really makes the ring design special (if it needed to be more special) is the half moon diamonds.
wear her always.

luckyblackcat

Shiny_Rock
Premium
This is absolutely spectacular. Congratulations! I am a huge Maytal fan. She's so talented and a real pleasure to work with.

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
That is such a delight!!! It is not overkill at all. The more the merrier. Wow, this is stunning. Congrats!

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
:love: :love: Amazing, and I love the band with it.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Exquisite!

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely not too much! It's beautiful

RockOnReen

Shiny_Rock
So beautiful -- the color of that ruby is spectacular!

Yelena

Shiny_Rock
Woo hoo she's finally here! Say hello to Nandar (Burmese for "to rejoice"), my custom, hand-forged three-stone ring from Maytal Hannah. The highlight of the ring is a 1.41 ct cushion cut, certified unheated Classic Mogok Burma ruby, which I purchased in 2007 from Robert Genis of National Gemstone. Unheated old Burma rubies are terribly hard to come by now, so I am really happy I acquired it when I did. The ruby is a saturated, vivid stoplight red and is truly impressive, particularly in low light conditions. It's hard to believe this gem was stashed in my safe deposit box for 13 years! The ruby is encircled by a delicate diamond halo (.18 CTW F/G, VS)and flanked by two F/G VS half-moon diamonds (.60 CTW). The ring is made of platinum.

I had commissioned this jewel to wear on my right hand for my August 15, 2020 Carmel Valley wedding. Sadly, we had to cancel the wedding due to COVID spikes and real concern for the safety of our family and friends. Not sure when we will reschedule the nuptials but at least I have this gorgeous jewel to enjoy for now.

I have to say that Maytal Hannah was an absolute delight to work with. She responded to my first inquiry within a couple of hours and was extremely attentive and communicative from concept through execution. Her level of service is outstanding. She understood my vision for a classic, elegant "heirloom" three-stone ring and made suggestions that refined my ideas into the final design. With her guidance, I decided to swap pear shaped diamonds for half-moons instead. She also suggested the delicate micropave diamond halo to make the ruby really pop. I never felt that she was pushing her vision onto me, but I very much appreciated her design opinions and options at every step. We had a small hiccup during the forging of the ring, but Maytal immediately made it right and had the entire ring remade which speaks volumes about her integrity. The level of finish on the ring (even under magnification) is extremely high. I enthusiastically recommend Maytal for hand-forged jewelry.

Here are the ruby's stats:
Size: 1.412
Cert: AGL - June 09, 2006
Type: "Classic" Burma
Shape: Cushion
MM: 6.35 x 5.59 x 4.56
Color/Tone: 2.5/75
Color Rating/Tone: 2-3/75-80
Color Scan: Red 70, Pink/Purple 15, Orange 15
Clarity: MI1-MI2
Proportions: Very Good-Good (3-4)
Depth: 81.6%
Average Brilliancy: 70-80%
Finish: Very Good-Good (3-4)
TQIR: Excellent to Very Good (2.5)
Heat Enhancement: None

Maytal's video of Nandar:

The original thread where I asked for help choosing stones for this ring is here:
https://www.pricescope.com/communit...elp-me-choose-side-stones-from-photos.258196/

AND FINALLY HERE ARE THE PICS!!!!

1) Maytal's final concept sketch and Nandar
2) Closeup of Nandar in diffused (cloudy) indoor light
3) Nandar in outdoor full sun
4) Nandar by bedlamp
5) Nandar with my 3.25 ct ruby and diamond eternity band in diffused (cloudy) indoor light. What do you think of this stack- is it ruby/diamond overkill?

Ring and sketch 2.jpeg IMG-3337.jpg
IMG-3344.jpg IMG-3346.jpg IMG-3318.jpg

That colour is divine. :kiss2:
May you get many beautiful years of enjoyment wearing her.

oodlesofpoodles

Shiny_Rock
Trade
What a perfect red ruby! The color is amazing :kiss2: I think the band looks wonderful with the ring.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
What a gorgeous ring and the color is beautiful! Congrats!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
An elegant ring, absolutely stunning!!

mco312

Shiny_Rock
Premium
So elegant!

Sorry to hear you had to postpone your wedding... But thank you for being responsible and considerate!

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amazing ring, such a yummy red ruby! Lucky you!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
She is a true beauty! The colour is perfect & the execution of the ring is exquisite!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! :love:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That gorgeous ruby really pops in the sea of white diamonds! Love it!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's gorgeous, thanks for sharing!

DK :kiss2:

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! Holy mother of all ruby rings! That ruby is spectacular, and the setting does it justice and then some. It looks phenomenal on your hand! Congrats and enjoy!

dmack

Shiny_Rock
I adore half-moon side stones! This ring is to die for.

lurkie91

Rough_Rock
This is one of the most beautiful rings I have ever seen! Thank you so much for sharing with us, your pictures are fantastic.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results