shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I thought I should attach a picture from that day. I’ve included the photographer credit.

954DF1FA-D276-403F-8231-F2C5B09DB5B0.jpeg The Queen arrives at the site for the Canadian Museum of Human Rights in Winnipeg, Canada.CREDIT: Chris Jackson-Pool/Getty Images
i love this with the mountie
and the brooch :appl:
HM wore yellow the last time i saw her in my home town (Dunedin) too
she was smiling
it was 1990 maybe ?
i had never seen pictutes of her smiling in the news before in those days
but she smilies all the time

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I try to really celebrate any male who wears jewlery and King Charles does love a watch chain
1673550075491.jpg
Britain's King Charles III, right, arrives to visit the Aboyne and Mid Deeside Community Shed to meet with local hardship support groups and tour the new facilities, in Aboyne, Aberdeenshire, Scotland.
and cufflinks
is it a spring of heather in his lapel ?
1673552333347.png
this is while some idiot press ask if he is hurt by Harry's book (what do you think ? :angryfire: )

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
0_Royals-Birkenhead-United-Kingdom-12-Jan-2023.jpg
The Prince and Princess of Wales were visiting Merseyside Liverpool to thank those working in healthcare and mental health support for their work during the winter months,
edit no brooch (or watch chain :lol-2: ) but the earrings make up for it

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
lots of earrings on the Queen of Spain
66511179-11627381-image-a-26_1673547320497.jpg

Queen Letizia and King Felipe pictured at the opening of Llabres Pharmacy this evening (im thinking thats a play or an opera?)

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'll admit I'm not that good with the various honorary positions the British royals hold in the military.

Here's something I'm better at - it's much easier to distinguish one tiara from another ;-)
1673609236599.png

Love that tiara, apparently it was a gift from a shipping company and Princess Anne as she was at the time, launched a new ship for them.

Those were the days as such lavish gifts would be frown upon nowadays.

DK :))

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
(still) having some fun at the races down under
not sure if a few glass of veno in the sun was a factor in these pictures but what ever was going on we got nice jewlery pix
zara-mike-couldnt-resist-pdas-788413303.jpg
zara-mike-couldnt-resist-pdas-788413316.jpg

just to show context of photos
zara-mike-couldnt-resist-pdas-788413429.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
CP Mary at the Danish Heart Association and The Children's Heart Foundation research awards

66522467-11629801-image-a-8_1673572430106.jpg

66522457-11629801-image-a-10_1673572451232.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
so i think we might have missed this in the jubilee year of HM Queen Elizabeth ii
i found it in the telegraph last night (i really like the telegraph)
so usually its the Queen (or now King) awarding the medals and decorations but the Church of England gave this to HM for her "unstinting service" to the Church of England over the last 70 years.

So its silver, it has a ribbon to wear around the neck(?) and was inspired by an historic brooch = has a place in this thread in my book !
TELEMMGLPICT000300371617_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqFeaO3Qjh8gsqXnO075hfzcwZgCewa-xkrckcIXHk6m8.jpeg

The 96-year-old head of state held an audience with the Archbishop of Canterbury at Windsor Castle.

The Most Rev Justin Welby gave the Queen the small silver cross, inspired by a 9th century Saxon brooch and incorporating a triquetra pattern, as a "heartfelt symbol" of the Church's "love, loyalty and affection".
The Canterbury Cross is presented each year as part of the annual Lambeth Awards to a small number of recipients who have shown outstanding service to the church.
The cross's design is inspired by a Saxon brooch which was found in Canterbury in 1867 and dates from around 850AD.

It was a tribute to her service to the Church of England & her christian faith and in honor of her Platinum Jubilee.
TELEMMGLPICT000300372354_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bq4U72PvVlAMIniqBdHHa0YbxlL4JJZFr6G2BGlsAngeI.jpeg

the article has the text of the framed calligraphic citation that accompained the cross and has lovely text im sure HM would have been touched by

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
King Konstantinos II's funeral service was held today at the Metropolitan Cathedral in Athens.
It was a beautiful and very moving ceremony, not least because of it's intimacy and the involvement of various family members and Crown Prince Pavlos' speech praising his father's commitment to Greece and its people.

Queen Anne-Marie barely held herself most of the time, she was obviously very emotional today... Poignantly, HM wore a signet ring with the Greek (royal) flag and the diamond cross, which was a wedding present from her parents.
gettyimages-1456785541-2048x2048.jpg
1673879675864.png
Constantine-Anna-Maria-September-18-1964.jpeg

Her wreath had the same flowers as her wedding bouquet. Lilies of the valley were also Tino's favourite flower.
Your Beloved Anna-Maria
stefani.jpg

Anna-Maria and Constantine married at the same Cathedral almost 59 years ago. She was 18, he was 24...

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
i feel so sorry for Queen Sofia
this was her brother's funeral
king-juan-carlos-queen-sofia-z.jpg

she has not had the easiest life as far as Queen's go

and poor Queen Ann Marie
princess-anne-comforts-queen-anne-marie-z.jpg

i can see why the Windsors are careful who they send to these foreign royal things

Im thinking Ann must have been particuary close to the Greek royal family, (well they are her realitives and they did live in London for a long time)

If Charlie or William attended - and im sure they would have both wished to, there would have been a media circus with all thats going on with their family right now and that would not have supported the grieving family

Thats why i think Edward and Sophie get sent to the Euro royal weddings, to politetly not upstatge the bride, mind you Catherine has such beautiful manners and knows not to wear a new dress to a wedding

Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Happy to see that these two seem to have mended their relationship :)
Queen Letizia and Crown Princess Marie-Chantal ahead of a dinner hosted by the Greek Royal Family for royals attending King Konstantinos II's funeral tomorrow (and wearing some nice diamonds)
20230116_005254.jpg

very good to see
just as funerals can bring out the worst they can also bring out the best in people

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
hmmmm
so bobby pins are Princess Ann's hair secrete
princess-anne-tim-z.jpg

the Princess must also be thinking about her own recently deceased parents

:(2

a Dutch hug
and the back of Princess Beatrix
king-willem-z.jpg

queen-letizia-king-felipe-constantine-z.jpg

Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
lady-gabriella-windsor-constantine-funeral-z.jpg

Lady Gabriella Windsor is also a God child of the late king and represented Prince William
i do like those Elizabethan headbands but im struggling to see Jewlery
could Princess Micheal not have slung her a strand of pearls ?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In addition to the family connection, I believe Anne, Princess Royal attended the funeral as the late king was an honorary member of the International Olympic Committee and Anne is still a member of IOC.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
In addition to the family connection, I believe Anne, Princess Royal attended the funeral as the late king was an honorary member of the International Olympic Committee and Anne is still a member of IOC.

very good point DK

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results