carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Watch the video in the story
Its fun
i think Camilla will make a very kind and fun queen (or what ever we are going to call her)
Not that we have had unkind Queens but she just has this very approachable air of fun about her
Very nice brooch (blink and you'll miss it) and a lovelly room
Screenshot_20210101-133654.png

Saw this one when n first released and giggled a lot! I didn't know who Laura was, but now I believe her award was well-deserved.

''I've got you here under false pretenses'' was probably my favourite part, second only to seeing the Queen Mother's thistle brooch again.
Fully agree about the ''kind and fun'' comment. Camilla's reactions looked very genuine and she seems really happy to be giving out this award to Dame Laura Lee.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
I've been out of contact for a while...let's just say our manor house got a visit from Santa Covid... :(2

We are supposed to go back to school tomorrow, but we are all quarantined for the rest of week. This means I am back to teaching online ...you know what that means...#TiaraTeaching will be coming!!

Hope you're all dong fine, Lady Maria! I know tiara teaching will brighten your days at least for the rest of the week.

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
I will be very happy to get back out of quarantine and back to my classroom. In the meantime, let's have some fun... #TiaraTeaching TTinQ.jpg

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can anybody tell me why Queen Maxima's bracelet stacks WORK together??

Everybody knows I love a good bracelet stack, but I have always gravitated to ones that are balanced & carefully executed. But I am BESOTTED with Maxima's bracelet stacks, even though they are so thrown together! She wears pearls against diamonds & silk threads alongside rich gold & gemstones.

Anybody else think these always look AMAZING & eclectic on her, or am I just odd?

Maybe it's the volume & variety that appeals to me, along with the don't care attitude?

Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

Everybody knows I love a good bracelet stack, but I have always gravitated to ones that are balanced & carefully executed. But I am BESOTTED with Maxima's bracelet stacks, even though they are so thrown together! She wears pearls against diamonds & silk threads alongside rich gold & gemstones.

Anybody else think these always look AMAZING on her, or am I just odd?

Maybe it's the volume & variety that appeals to me, along with the don't care attitude?

She's very tall ......
... ;)2

I agree she seems to make everything work, even before she was Queen
She just has the air of confidence about her and a big beautiful friendly smile
And she is unafraid to try new things - she is no shrinking violet

(and lucky for her) she has colouring that suits orange and golds

Also i think she really enjoys jewlery (thank goodness)
She is my age, and we never grew up with minimalism in the way that some of the younger royals (looking at you Monaco) have

3c0e0dbbb412f6ad9d68557049b1e504.jpg d5c2fdce443f0c8c3c61d80c4ed14d63.jpg d26376a8703494a70411b7b0b262ff3e--crown-princess-mary-princess-diana.jpg 86f79eef7a6115ec64783208fe640d7a--crown-royal-royal-jewels.jpg 5b53a2dc68c25ea13d889cc5006dd787--day-trips-charm-bracelets.jpg 2017-0531-maxima6.png

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
She's very tall ......
... ;)2

I agree she seems to make everything work, even before she was Queen
She just has the air of confidence about her and a big beautiful friendly smile
And she is unafraid to try new things - she is no shrinking violet

(and lucky for her) she has colouring that suits orange and golds

Also i think she really enjoys jewlery (thank goodness)
She is my age, and we never grew up with minimalism in the way that some of the younger royals (looking at you Monaco) have

3c0e0dbbb412f6ad9d68557049b1e504.jpg d5c2fdce443f0c8c3c61d80c4ed14d63.jpg d26376a8703494a70411b7b0b262ff3e--crown-princess-mary-princess-diana.jpg 86f79eef7a6115ec64783208fe640d7a--crown-royal-royal-jewels.jpg 5b53a2dc68c25ea13d889cc5006dd787--day-trips-charm-bracelets.jpg 2017-0531-maxima6.png

Thank you for throwing some pictures up - my ipad got its knickers in a knot!

I am so girl crushing on her style :kiss2: This last picture could be described as a hot mess, but it's one of my favourites.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you for throwing some pictures up - my ipad got its knickers in a knot!

I am so girl crushing on her style :kiss2: This last picture could be described as a hot mess, but it's one of my favourites.

Im totally a more is more kind of gal but i don't have the confidence to do it
The Dutch royal vaults are deep so its good they are not wasted on a minimalist but i love that she has her own style and wears lots of modern as opposed to classic looks

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
By royal decree
Death to minimalist jewlery !

(Unless its Monaco :(2 )

Im pretty sure Camlia will pile it on when her husband's turn comes
i mean i certainly hope she piles it on
she certainly has got excellent use out of the Queen mother's jewel box from what we have seen so far

(Almost) back on topic she is also quite good with layering necklases eg my beloved golden kiwi

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I too love Queen Max and her confidence in mixing and matching as she sees please on her casual non-formal days, and then pull out the big guns when required, again, non-matching a lot of the times.

I too suspect Camilla loves jewellery the same way as the Queen Mother, as in frothy girly way; and I do hope we would see some serious blings on her when she eventually becomes Queen Consort or whatever.

DK :))

Polyhex

Brilliant_Rock
I will be very happy to get back out of quarantine and back to my classroom. In the meantime, let's have some fun... #TiaraTeaching TTinQ.jpg

You look so elegant and studious and fabulous!! I love it!

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock

Anybody else think these always look AMAZING & eclectic on her, or am I just odd?

I think part of her appeal is that Maxima wears her clothes and jewelry, not the other way around. Same is true for her clothes. Maxima doesn't wear clothes just to be fashionable; she dresses to express her vibrant personality. She can wear things that say, Sophie Wessex or Queen Mathilde of Belgium couldn't quite get away with.

The other royal who comes to mind with this panache is Queen Margarethe...all hail the Yeti pelt!

Last edited:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think part of her appeal is that Maxima wears her clothes and jewelry, not the other way around. Same is true for her clothes. Maxima doesn't wear clothes just to be fashionable; she dresses to express her vibrant personality. She can wear things that say, Sophie Wessex orQueen Mathilde of Belgium couldn't quite get away with.

The other royal who comes to mind with this panache is Queen Margarethe...all hail the Yeti pelt!

Yeti pelt :lol:

But yes, you are absolutely right. She exudes confidence & style, no matter what she wears.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think part of her appeal is that Maxima wears her clothes and jewelry, not the other way around. Same is true for her clothes. Maxima doesn't wear clothes just to be fashionable; she dresses to express her vibrant personality. She can wear things that say, Sophie Wessex or Queen Mathilde of Belgium couldn't quite get away with.

Totally agree about Queen Margarethe
Im hoping Queen Mathilde might grow into it - she does try
As does Queen Sonya of Norway and some of her 'mordern' (now probably viewed as retro) pieces

Poor old Soph just needs more nicer classic pieces (please Charles when the time comes - dish out some life time loans)

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock

And now I'm sad that the Yeti pelt didn't make an appearance at the New Year's court :(

Agreed on the rest. Maxima has the confidence to mix and match, as well as pile on an on without making it a stupid look on her (save for a few Natan dresses and plastic jewels). I've always believed it has a lot to do with her South American upbringing and how much more vibrant the people there are + being tall.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Or even better all 5 strands of the Greville festoon necklace!

By the way, Camilla is another fan of stacking multiple bracelets, although on a smaller scale:
1610546863808.png

I have never noticed Camilla layering before! She rocks these bracelets :kiss2:

Maxima has one similar to the chunky gem set middle braceket here, which from my reading i found was made by Boucheron in 1980. There is currently one for sale for just over €6,000.

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A new (to me at least) pearl clasp as seen on Camilla recently.

20210114_112943.jpg

DK :))

I wonder if it is upside down? The way the pearls and front diamond/sapphire piece hang look awkward. Also, The clasp or front diamond/sapphire piece looks strange as if that piece was taken from another piece and used here. Usually when pearls are attached it is done so without being so obvious and great care to ensure that the strands hang properly and evenly. I don’t think it is due to her pose. Also, the pearls appear natural as they do not match and some are not very round. I doubt they are new . Not a fan of this necklace.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmmmmm
Always happy to see Camilia and she so suits her pearls

Maybe this was a home reno over the lockdown because the jewler was home isolating

It looks like the bottom strand is a couple of pearls too long ?

Or maybe we need to see it on a diffetent neck line ?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
First up to keep this on topic ;)2
Wow ! Lool at all the gold braid and other era appropriate man bling ;)2
But i just came across this picture of Prince Eward Duke of Kent - Queen Victoria's father
Can anyone else see Prince Andrew and Prince Edward in his face ? (Also the present duke of Kent,Edward the Queen's cousin) Screenshot_20210118-125815.png
Its anazing to be to see the facial similarities down through the generations
i bet if we could find pictures of our ancestors we would possibly see similarities also in our own present day families

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Really excited... I have not one but TWO new tiaras on the way!

These are tiaras that I've had my eye on for a while, and I finally decided to treat myself since we've had a difficult time (short version: the Lord of the Manor and the Heir Apparent both had Covid over Christmas...his Lordship is fine but the Heir is still dealing with a few setbacks five weeks later) .

I deserve these sparklies.

I'm tracking the packages and they should be here in a couple of days! I will post pictures when they arrive!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Really excited... I have not one but TWO new tiaras on the way!

These are tiaras that I've had my eye on for a while, and I finally decided to treat myself since we've had a difficult time (short version: the Lord of the Manor and the Heir Apparent both had Covid over Christmas...his Lordship is fine but the Heir is still dealing with a few setbacks five weeks later) .

I deserve these sparklies.

I'm tracking the packages and they should be here in a couple of days! I will post pictures when they arrive!

Looking forward to their debuts

in today's world you gotta do what you can to find happiness so good for you

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
THEY ARRIVED!!! :D:DAnd I am VERY pleased with them!!!!

I'm calling this one "Queen of Quarantine." Unofficially, I'm also affectionately referring to it as "Little Stuart."

Little Stuart 1.jpg Little Stuart 2.jpg

This one is "Countess of Covid." It has a kokoshnik vibe going with a touch of laurel in the middle.

Kokoshnik1.jpg

Kokoshnik2.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
The Queen's 18th birthday present from her dear father.
George vi gave rather lovelly presents Screenshot_20210126-115222.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results