July 1974

Junly 1974.jpg

2010 in Toronto

2010 in Toronto.png

2017 visit to Shropshire

2017 visit to Shropshirew.jpg

Recent visit to St Christopher’s Hospice in Sydenham

Visit to St Christopher’s Hospice in Sydenham.jpg

Don't know the date of this one but...wow!

78e407d1dd6be113bc924a2fec649847.jpg

I believe there is a strong resemblance with Princess Royal as in Princess Anne, probably the hairstyle alone! :lol-2:

DK :))

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I miss seeing royal blings, and am saddened that the blog on royal jewellery is having a hiatus.

"Celebrity" blings are fine, however, I miss seeing the tiaras and the very big crown-owned pieces!

DK :(2

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
I miss seeing royal blings, and am saddened that the blog on royal jewellery is having a hiatus.

"Celebrity" blings are fine, however, I miss seeing the tiaras and the very big crown-owned pieces!

DK :(2

Everyone seems to be on some sort of holiday!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am thinking that it might be an actual tiara worn as a bandeau...! Classy bridal photo not matter what, JMO.

It was in fashion to wear certain types of tiaras as bandeaus low on the forehead in the 1920s/30s or something like that.

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
In Bangkok

31870324-8619419-image-m-6_1597246329559.jpg in Bangkok.jpg

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
très chic...

A very classy lady and true to her mother's style, Princess Alexandra remains one of my favourites from her generation. And she has some nice pieces that make it even more interesting to follow her activities to this day. It's always a pleasure to see her out and about.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
I believe there is a strong resemblance with Princess Royal as in Princess Anne, probably the hairstyle alone! :lol-2:

Alexandra is a great mix of Queen Charlotte's genes that keep manifesting through Queen Mary's female descendants and those of Princess Marina. For example, she definitely looks like Elizabeth II and Princess Anne, but also has Marina's charmingly mysterious smile.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Vintage snapshots of Queen Sirikit of Thailand

Queen Sirikit.jpg shutterstock_editorial_1300612a.jpg shutterstock_editorial_1333766a.jpg shutterstock_editorial_1755503a.jpg shutterstock_editorial_7379961a.jpg

do i have to bring my washing in before i look at those pictures ?
i read in the news before the Thai king is visiting his mother in the hospital for her birthday and all the washing hung out in the surrounding area must not be out for the king to see

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Alexandra is a great mix of Queen Charlotte's genes that keep manifesting through Queen Mary's female descendants and those of Princess Marina. For example, she definitely looks like Elizabeth II and Princess Anne, but also has Marina's charmingly mysterious smile.

i find it fascinating how all those family trees are so entwined and how you can see how they look like each other
i have a poster of he European royal family trees but its just through the male line

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock

Yelena

Shiny_Rock
do i have to bring my washing in before i look at those pictures ?
i read in the news before the Thai king is visiting his mother in the hospital for her birthday and all the washing hung out in the surrounding area must not be out for the king to see

:lol::lol::lol: Love it:clap:

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
New portraits

mark her 70th birthday.jpg pa-54990907.jpg

Thank you for posting these. They were taken this February on the Gatcombe Estate.
I had hoped for a more bejeweled portrait, like in previous years, but these are lovely too. I wonder just how old the white gown is...? It's flattering nonetheless.

By the way, there is a third photograph of Anne in a lumberjack shirt standing in front of a huge tree. No jewels, but maybe the most Anne photograph of the three.

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for posting these. They were taken this February on the Gatcombe Estate.
I had hoped for a more bejeweled portrait, like in previous years, but these are lovely too. I wonder just how old the white gown is...? It's flattering nonetheless.

By the way, there is a third photograph of Anne in a lumberjack shirt standing in front of a huge tree. No jewels, but maybe the most Anne photograph of the three.

Yep, skipping it. :mrgreen:

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
2019 ceremony for inheriting the imperial regalia and seals in Tokyo

unnamed.jpg

1st state banquet of the new imperial era in Japan

first state banquet of the new imperial era in Japan.jpg

Unknown

_106747429_japan4.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results