shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
@Rad_Fan
Thank you for the great close ups of Queen Maxima's orange diamond ring.
It's really quite unusal.
Interesting that in one picture she wears the solid band ring (I assume it's her wedding band) first or inside, and in another she wears it on the outside of the set.

Happy to share! Love her chunky ruby(?) today!

8a0f9d0c8117b447dbc22df6fcaededb.jpg

Maybe the ering and band soldered together...?

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
If anyone knows what Queen Max.'s sleepy pastel blue ring is made of, please share! Been really into sleepy gems lately!

e6b9f5f03e2f73acd22505395b75cffa.jpg

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
"An oval-shaped orange cut diamond with two tear-drop diamonds on either side, surrounded by two diamond studded bands."

"King Willem Alexander went for something quite unusual when finding an engagement ring for Queen Maxima of the Netherlands. The somewhat chunky ring was covered in diamonds with a centerpiece of an orange diamond, paying homage to the historic national color of the Netherlands."

4f5e56357a6c00ea78b02f6385a1aa51.jpg 145535065aa43db6f9643164728.jpg gettyimages-514764496-1024x1024.jpg ringen.jpg

I like her three stone EC diamond and three stone ruby and diamond rings better. But would I refuse the orange diamond ring and not be Queen...

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
Netherlands is known to be 1 of the "frugal 4" EU countries, but their royal jewel vault sure doesn't look too frugal to me. :lol:

cc4f70d9eaced3d8da9b08932916a790.jpg

Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
The Women of Hampshire Brooch

191d6082bb88c84f1756161f0e884a31.jpg women of hampshire brooch.jpg women of hampshire brooch1.jpg women of hampshire brooch2.jpg

Queen Mary was very innovative with her jewlery
maybe Elizabeth being the sovereign, she just never had the time to get really into personal artistic expression having such a serouse roll
i hope one day Camilia and Kate get to play in that jewel box

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
that's the best photo ive seen of the Queen Mum's ring on Camilla

True but I also wonder if those ECs might not have the best cut...:confused:

Queen Mary was very innovative with her jewlery
maybe Elizabeth being the sovereign, she just never had the time to get really into personal artistic expression having such a serouse roll
i hope one day Camilia and Kate get to play in that jewel box

I guess some people might be more into wearing jewelry than others, no? Thanks to Queen Max. for wearing her jewels so we get to see them.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
True but I also wonder if those ECs might not have the best cut...:confused:

I guess some people might be more into wearing jewelry than others, no? Thanks to Queen Max. for wearing her jewels so we get to see them.

last night i was watching a couple of docos on u tube on the big telly
those jewles really sparkle in motion - they must have looked spectacular in candle light

i would love to see Camilia's ring up close with her flinging her arm around
- i have no idea if she flings her arms around as she talks :mrgreen2:
it just photographs so flat - mind you its never a propper photograph its always a close up of a photo of the person wearing it not like an actual hand shot

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
Oranges for both queens.

Visiting Texel, Wadden Islands

Visiting Texel, Wadden Islands.jpg

At the Oostnieuwkerke flower farm

Oostnieuwkerke flower farm.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Oranges for both queens.

Visiting Texel, Wadden Islands

Visiting Texel, Wadden Islands.jpg

At the Oostnieuwkerke flower farm

Oostnieuwkerke flower farm.jpg

Props for matching the face mask to the dress. I suspect when the next school year starts, we will be required to have masks and you better believe I will have masks at least close to the same color as my dresses. I had quite a blast at the fabric store yesterday.

Now let's talk about incorperating some jewels into masks... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

GardenLady21

Shiny_Rock
"An oval-shaped orange cut diamond with two tear-drop diamonds on either side, surrounded by two diamond studded bands."

"King Willem Alexander went for something quite unusual when finding an engagement ring for Queen Maxima of the Netherlands. The somewhat chunky ring was covered in diamonds with a centerpiece of an orange diamond, paying homage to the historic national color of the Netherlands."

4f5e56357a6c00ea78b02f6385a1aa51.jpg 145535065aa43db6f9643164728.jpg gettyimages-514764496-1024x1024.jpg ringen.jpg

Anybody have any info on the ruby RHR? Love it.

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Never thought about it but I agree with RadFan, Camilia’s EC diamonds in her Engagement ring do not photograph well and it may very well be due to the cut. There seems to be a wide dark bow in the center of the main stone. Also the center stone is set very low almost flush with the mount along the near bezeled side stones.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
im not disagreeing with you too because i have also not thought about it before
i need a refresher on this ring
would George V1 have brought a ring that was anything other than perfect for his wife or did younger Prince Bertie not know better ?
surly he would have run the ring past his mother first ?
i know fashion changes
some people like bow ties

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
Never thought about it but I agree with RadFan, Camilia’s EC diamonds in her Engagement ring do not photograph well and it may very well be due to the cut. There seems to be a wide dark bow in the center of the main stone. Also the center stone is set very low almost flush with the mount along the near bezeled side stones.

Ya, that EC :confused:..she looked lovely on her wedding day and so did her ring too. Fancy cuts could be tricky but that's why I love them.

trh-prince-charles-amp-the-duchess-of-cornwall-attend-blessing-at-windsor-castle.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ya, that EC :confused:..she looked lovely on her wedding day and so did her ring too. Fancy cuts could be tricky but that's why I love them.

trh-prince-charles-amp-the-duchess-of-cornwall-attend-blessing-at-windsor-castle.jpg

she did look lovelly - as every bride does
i feel bad for her reading how worked up she got on her wedding day, not wanting to get out of bed

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Daisys and Diamonds I’m not sure that back in the day, when a lot of the Royal jewels came in to their possession, they themselves knew much about cut, or had the information available that we do today. A couple of years ago, we went to Buck House when they had an exhibition of the Queens jewels on display. The first thing I noticed about a pair of pear cut earrings, well OK NOT the first thing, which was what whoppers they were, but the fact that the pear dangles were completely different shapes :lol:

There were also a lot of other pieces encrusted with gems, and lots of them were very rough cut and irregular shapes.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just found a great close up to illustrate how different all the stones are

43B8CE0F-2E8A-4B27-B210-6529F08E0DB0.jpeg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just found a great close up to illustrate how different all the stones are

43B8CE0F-2E8A-4B27-B210-6529F08E0DB0.jpeg

wow that's very different !
you wouldn't want a very narrow face ! :mrgreen2:
@Daisys and Diamonds I’m not sure that back in the day, when a lot of the Royal jewels came in to their possession, they themselves knew much about cut, or had the information available that we do today. A couple of years ago, we went to Buck House when they had an exhibition of the Queens jewels on display. The first thing I noticed about a pair of pear cut earrings, well OK NOT the first thing, which was what whoppers they were, but the fact that the pear dangles were completely different shapes :lol:

There were also a lot of other pieces encrusted with gems, and lots of them were very rough cut and irregular shapes.

well so long as Bertie's eye is in the clear then ;)2
im a sentimental old fool for jewlery given to Queens by their husbands !

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock

WONKY LOVE! Those tiny prongs and open culets are killing me! Maybe that is the reason why I never care much about MRB cut.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Netherlands is known to be 1 of the "frugal 4" EU countries, but their royal jewel vault sure doesn't look too frugal to me. :lol:

cc4f70d9eaced3d8da9b08932916a790.jpg

Working with our Dutch office, I can only agree with the ''frugal 4'' statement! :lol:
But the Orange-Nassau jewels... OMG! Come to think of it, though, the versatility of the jewels (necklaces become tiaras, bracelets double as brooches, etc.) might also be seen as a sign of frugality...and creativity.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock

Did you see the Greville earrings of Queen Victoria's? Either way, I'm jealous!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results