1957.jpg

1975.jpg

1980 Royal Windsor Horse Show

1980 Royal Windsor Horse Show.jpg

1985 Windsor Horse Show

1985 Windsor Horse Show.jpg

2015.jpg

2019 visit to the new headquarters of the Royal Philatelic society in London

2019 visit to the new headquarters of the Royal Philatelic society in London.jpg

II marks 94th birthday.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Rad_Fan. those are gorgouse
darling little princess Margaret with just her eyes and a little hand showing over the balcony with Grandpa and Granny
my grandma and grandad had a big colour picture from the newspaper from that 1974 tour

i just love her pearls

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
@Rad_Fan. those are gorgouse
darling little princess Margaret with just her eyes and a little hand showing over the balcony with Grandpa and Granny
my grandma and grandad had a big colour picture from the newspaper from that 1974 tour

i just love her pearls

How about that gigantic choker like necklace on Granny, eh?!!!

I also like the one taken from the 1985 Windsor Horse Show, Haven't seen that brooch before.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
How about that gigantic choker like necklace on Granny, eh?!!!

I also like the one taken from the 1985 Windsor Horse Show, Haven't seen that brooch before.

wow wee !
you'r right !
i had to enlarge the picture to see on my phone

i wonder where it is now ? ( hopefully it wasn't left to the Kents)

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
wow wee !
you'r right !
i had to enlarge the picture to see on my phone

i wonder where it is now ? ( hopefully it wasn't left to the Kents)

If anyone knows, please share. I haven't found much about it yet.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I did some looking around and Queen Mary wore a lot of necklaces in the choker style as well as having some famous chokers, one of which is the Love Trophy Choker.. That choker received a great deal more attention from people. I have, as yet, not found a description of the choker to which you re referring, let alone information on where it is now.

Queen-Mary-Love-Trohpy-Chocker-1.jpeg
Love Trophy Collar Necklace

"Before discussing the Love Trophy Collar Necklace worn by Queen Mary, let’s take a look back and see how this trend of collar necklaces started. Back in the Victorian era, Princess Alexandra (the future Queen Alexandra and mother-in-law of Princess Mary, the future Queen Mary) was also very creative in adapting her style of clothing to mask several physical impediments. She had a scar on her neck and she took to wearing day dresses with high collars and in the evening she wore multiple layers of pearls or diamond necklaces that would cover her neck, these were known as collier de chein meaning collar necklace. This style of jewelry became very popular with society ladies and a fashion trend was soon started.

So, as a young woman of the Victorian era and later the Edwardian era, Princess Mary followed the fashion trend and often wore collar necklaces. The Love Trophy Collar Necklace was made by Garrard & Co. in 1901 from diamonds of previous pieces of jewelry owned by Princess Mary’s grandmother and aunt. The diamonds are arranged vertically with panels linking them together, the center panel features a “love trophy” symbol (hence the name of the necklace) which has a design of a Cupid’s bow with a quiver of arrows surrounded by a laurel wreath. Queen Mary is shown in the photo the left wearing the Love Trophy Collar Necklace and the photo shows the details of the necklace."

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do we know what the stones are in Queen Maxima's ring? I assume diamonds, but what is the yellow stone?

GardenLady21

Shiny_Rock
ROYAL WEDDING JEWELS: JEAN-CHRISTOPHE, PRINCE NAPOLEON AND COUNTESS OLYMPIA OF ARCO-ZINNEBERG.

Imperial Wedding Paris 2019.

Jean Christophe Prince Napoleon, married Countess Olympia von und zu Arco-Zinnerberg. The bride wore a historic diamond bandeau tiara, which was once in the possession of her great-great-grandmother from her mothers family, a Princess of France!

In 1929 Dowager Duchess Helene de Aosta, Princess of Orleans, wore a diamond choker as bandeau. This jewel was later given to her daughter Princess Margaret, she married Robert Archduke of Austria-Este in 1953.

The bandeau, was also worn as a wedding necklace by her aunt, Archduchess Isabelle of Austria-Este in 1997, when she wed Count Czarnocki Lucheschi.

The sapphires and diamond pendant earrings are the property of the bride’s mother, Countess Arco Zinneberg, nee Archduchess Marie Béatrice of Austria-Este. They were a wedding gift of her own parents.

The leaf pattern dress was designed by Oscar de La Renta. The strapless number features a tight bodice that flows outwards at the hips. Adorned in a gorgeous lace, this is a extraordinary bridal gown. She had a bouquet of Lillies of the valley.

Regarding her engagement ring; the diamond is called the Bonaparte diamond, and once lived at the heart of Empress Eugenie’s crown. It is one of the few surviving royal jewels to have remained in the country, and this young woman gets it as her engagement ring. Now that's a family heirloom!

(Information per https://royal-magazin.de/italy/aoste-duchess-helen-olympia-napoleon-tiara-wedding.htm)

Countess-Olympia-Wedding-Dress.jpg download.jpeg fbc0e5cd0b69135c4c6e491510d412ff.png gettyimages-1182018389.jpg gettyimages-1176836284.jpg 1f38735a4937264a65d770aa62751bb0.png 2019-1021-napoleon10.png

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
Princess Fawzia of Egypt and later Queen of Iran...quite possibly the most beautiful Royal ever=)2

Fawzeya she was the first lady of Egypt around 1940's.

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
That's what I've heard too, that Maxima's oval set stone is an orange diamond. I just wish my husband's family could have been the House
She almost looks like a doll! She is gorgeous!

She definitely was quite the stunner! I forgot to mention her tiara was by Van Cleef & Arpels. The jewels pale in comparison to her beauty. Here’s another shot sans jewelry.

1590001994194.jpeg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Princess Fawsia Fuad of Egypt who became the first wife of Shah Mohammed Reza Pahlevi of Iran.

• "In 1939, when Princess Fawzia of Egypt married the crown prince of Iran, Mohammed Reza, the teenagers united two great Muslim lands. Each side had political and personal motives for welcoming the union: for the Egyptian King Farouk, the princess’s brother, the marriage asserted a constitutional monarch’s power in a region lorded over by the British. For the shah of Iran, formerly an ordinary soldier, the century-old Egyptian royal family conferred aristocratic legitimacy on his own. At the wedding in Cairo, guests received bonbon boxes made of gold and precious stones; flower-filled floats paraded down the wide avenues; fireworks were set off over the Nile.

The 17-year-old princess grew up in sophisticated, exclusive Cairo speaking French, English and Arabic. She was a knockout: a more luscious version of Hedy Lamarr, a softer Vivien Leigh. Cecil Beaton photographed her for the cover of Life magazine. Her life was chronicled in newspapers worldwide, which referred to her as 'one of the world’s most beautiful women.'

When the crown prince became shah, Fawzia became the empress of Iran; their daughter was Princess Shahnaz. Yet rumors of Fawzia’s marital unhappiness reached Cairo. A member of the Egyptian court was sent to Tehran, where he discovered Fawzia to be neglected and gravely ill: Her shoulder blades, he reported, 'jutted out like the fins of some undernourished fish.' King Farouk demanded that the two divorce. Princess Shahnaz stayed in Iran.

In time, Fawzia married again, in 1949, to a royalist officer named Ismail Cherine, and had two more children. The Egyptians, most of whom were poor and disenfranchised, had by then turned against the royal family. King Farouk was viewed as a corrupt and incompetent playboy, a monarch beholden to an occupying foreign power. In 1952, a military coup led by Col. Gamal Abdel Nasser was widely heralded among Egyptians (and much of the world) as an act of emancipation. Farouk boarded the royal yacht and sailed to Italy, never to return to the throne. Fawzia, unlike most of her relatives, stayed in Egypt with her family. They settled in a villa in Alexandria, where she lived a quiet, almost anonymous life in reduced circumstances, melting into the background of a rapidly growing city."

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
Princess Fawsia Fuad of Egypt who became the first wife of Shah Mohammed Reza Pahlevi of Iran.

• "In 1939, when Princess Fawzia of Egypt married the crown prince of Iran, Mohammed Reza, the teenagers united two great Muslim lands. Each side had political and personal motives for welcoming the union: for the Egyptian King Farouk, the princess’s brother, the marriage asserted a constitutional monarch’s power in a region lorded over by the British. For the shah of Iran, formerly an ordinary soldier, the century-old Egyptian royal family conferred aristocratic legitimacy on his own. At the wedding in Cairo, guests received bonbon boxes made of gold and precious stones; flower-filled floats paraded down the wide avenues; fireworks were set off over the Nile.

The 17-year-old princess grew up in sophisticated, exclusive Cairo speaking French, English and Arabic. She was a knockout: a more luscious version of Hedy Lamarr, a softer Vivien Leigh. Cecil Beaton photographed her for the cover of Life magazine. Her life was chronicled in newspapers worldwide, which referred to her as 'one of the world’s most beautiful women.'

When the crown prince became shah, Fawzia became the empress of Iran; their daughter was Princess Shahnaz. Yet rumors of Fawzia’s marital unhappiness reached Cairo. A member of the Egyptian court was sent to Tehran, where he discovered Fawzia to be neglected and gravely ill: Her shoulder blades, he reported, 'jutted out like the fins of some undernourished fish.' King Farouk demanded that the two divorce. Princess Shahnaz stayed in Iran.

In time, Fawzia married again, in 1949, to a royalist officer named Ismail Cherine, and had two more children. The Egyptians, most of whom were poor and disenfranchised, had by then turned against the royal family. King Farouk was viewed as a corrupt and incompetent playboy, a monarch beholden to an occupying foreign power. In 1952, a military coup led by Col. Gamal Abdel Nasser was widely heralded among Egyptians (and much of the world) as an act of emancipation. Farouk boarded the royal yacht and sailed to Italy, never to return to the throne. Fawzia, unlike most of her relatives, stayed in Egypt with her family. They settled in a villa in Alexandria, where she lived a quiet, almost anonymous life in reduced circumstances, melting into the background of a rapidly growing city."

Thanks for providing context to the life of this great beauty, @AGBF!
Sad that she was made into a political pawn but somehow did manage to leave an unhappy marriage. The caveat was to leave her only child (at the time) behind. Quite admirable though that she chose to live the rest of her life quietly and on her own terms. That is no mean feat given the era Of her existence.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This photo belongs farther back in the thread where Rad_Fan wished Queen Elizabeth a happy birthday. I believe it was one of several posted by her family members on-line to commemorate her 94th birthday on April 20, 2020.

'CNN reported Saturday that Elizabeth canceled the royal gun salute that has taken place on her birthday for the past 68 years. The queen reportedly felt the tradition would be inappropriate due to the coronavirus pandemic.'

Queen Elizabeth II is pictured here with her mother Queen Elizabeth, sister Princess Margaret, and father King George VI.

1937.jpg

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
Lisa Marie Presley looked a bit like Princess Fawzia, when she had dark hair.

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
Observing a minute's silence today for the country's COVID-19 victims at Zarzuela Palace

at Zarzuela Palace.jpg observed a minute's silence today for the country's COVID-19 victims.jpg

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
"An oval-shaped orange cut diamond with two tear-drop diamonds on either side, surrounded by two diamond studded bands."

"King Willem Alexander went for something quite unusual when finding an engagement ring for Queen Maxima of the Netherlands. The somewhat chunky ring was covered in diamonds with a centerpiece of an orange diamond, paying homage to the historic national color of the Netherlands."

4f5e56357a6c00ea78b02f6385a1aa51.jpg 145535065aa43db6f9643164728.jpg gettyimages-514764496-1024x1024.jpg ringen.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock

It's with The Queen. The choker is in fact two bracelets and a brooch joined together.
The first bracelet was a stock item from Gerrard's, the second was a special commission, as was the brooch. From memory the central diamond is just over 9.5 carats.
18d01b18fc1e348677cba8500f626bb5.jpg
tumblr_p4w310fQxv1wwqayjo1_1280.jpg

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
Lisa Marie Presley looked a bit like Princess Fawzia, when she had dark hair.

I see what you mean, @Rad_Fan. There are certain angles in which she reminds me of Rita Hayworth even. But she most resembles and reminds me so much of another great beauty- Vivien Leigh.

1590613795636.jpeg

More photos of her

1590613313331.png

Although the Egyptian royal family‘s jewels were confiscated, Princess Fawzia’s Van Cleef and Arpels tiara remained with her and passed on to her daughters.

Last edited:

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Rad_Fan
Thank you for the great close ups of Queen Maxima's orange diamond ring.
It's really quite unusal.
Interesting that in one picture she wears the solid band ring (I assume it's her wedding band) first or inside, and in another she wears it on the outside of the set.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results