carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG !
I am soooooo excitted ! danish-royal-family-6.jpg
(Some of) the golden poppies got an outting at a garla celebration for the centenary of the reunification of southern Denmark (my apologies if my georgraphy is wrong)

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
I think she is just wonderful.
I love her golden poppies
She has a style all of her own - like every long reigning Queen should
She is fasinating if you can find any English interviews with her
CP Mary is beautiful and glamouse but one day she will have big shoes to fill in the style stakes ! 5fc92724330c9d555199001107de2cd2-1.jpg

You are so right, Daisys. She does exude a style all her own. Her choice of engagement ring is reflective of her personality and her non-conformist attitude that’s way ahead of her time. I have yet to hear any of her interviews but I read somewhere that she is considered the most intellectual of all the monarchs in Europe.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are so right, Daisys. She does exude a style all her own. Her choice of engagement ring is reflective of her personality and her non-conformist attitude that’s way ahead of her time. I have yet to hear any of her interviews but I read somewhere that she is considered the most intellectual of all the monarchs in Europe.

Her engagement ring is pictured below.

Queen-Margrethe-II-Denmark-Engagement-Ring.jpg

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
Her engagement ring is pictured below.

Queen-Margrethe-II-Denmark-Engagement-Ring.jpg

Thank you, AG! I never get tire looking at those 2 boulders❤️. So unique and...so enormous!

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
At Sandringham church

church at Sandringham.jpg

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
Reception at London's Buckingham Palace to mark the UK-Africa Investment Summit

23647584-7908401-image-a-12_1579547500697.jpg reception at London's Buckingham Palace to mark the UK-Africa Investment Summit.jpg

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
Visiting Swindon

23643428-7908503-image-a-31_1579539004857.jpg during Swindon visit.jpg

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
Not sure if this belongs to this thread, the Montagu tiara, worn by Viscountess Hinchingbrooke on her wedding day.

Montagu tiara.jpg Viscountess Hinchingbrooke.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not sure if this belongs to this thread, the Montagu tiara, worn by Viscountess Hinchingbrooke on her wedding day.

Montagu tiara.jpg Viscountess Hinchingbrooke.jpg

I am not, either, because I am not sure if the Viscountess is part of a royal family. If she is, it belongs in this thread as it is considered a "royal" jewel. If not, it belongs in the tiara thread (link provided below).

Thank you for the lovely photos you just posted, no matter what thread you put them in!

Deb :wavey:

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
Are we seeing double here in terms of design, the Hanoverian Floral Tiara vs the Montagu and the Heathcote tiaras above...

The Hanoverian Floral Tiara.jpg

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
HM and her Scarab Brooch

Scarab Brooch.jpg

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
The Greek Emerald Parure Tiara

The Greek Emerald Parure Tiara.jpg tumblr_p05rd7JPbh1turje1o1_500.png

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
From what I have read, I do not believe that the Montagu family has any royal ancestry. The current Earl of Sandwich is the eleventh Earl and the father of the man to whom Viscountess Hinchingbrooke is married (the heir to the current earl). (By the way, she is American and did not know that her boyfriend was an aristocrat when she first began dating him. She was, then, a single mother of two and said she thought the word "viscount", which she saw on one of his papers, rhymed with "discount".) She is currently 47 and saw him through some difficult times in his life. Although it does not belong in this thread, I am glad you brought this family to my attention.

And, yes, the sandwich was named after the Fourth Earl of Sandwich.

Last edited:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Duchess of Cambridge has a new necklace. Prince William gave her a gold necklace, now called "The Gold Midnight Moon Necklace", that is hand engraved with the initials of their three children: George; Charlotte; and Louis.

"During a visit to the Ely and Careau Children’s Centre in Cardiff, Wales, Kate Middleton stepped out wearing a personalised gold necklace that is suspected to have been a birthday gift from Prince William, given that she debuted it just two weeks after her 38th birthday. The necklace, designed by British jeweller Daniella Draper, is called the Gold Midnight Moon necklace and it features the initials G, C and L for her three children: Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis."

GoldMidnightMoonNecklace.jpg

Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I tried to get a better picture of the brooch.

TheBroochJanuary19.jpg

Its kind of lost in that hound's tooth but the pearls make up for it
I think i get so used to seeing her in her pearls i forget how beautiful they really are
Does Kate or Sophie wear pearls ?

Im serously going to start wearing mine all be it mine are a thousand times more modest

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
More brooches from the Queen.

At the St Paul's Cathedral, March 2015

The Queen and Prince Philip hold hands as they leave St Paul's Cathedral in March 2015 in London.jpg

Epsom Derby Day, June 2018

Queen Elizabeth attends Epsom Derby Day, June 2018.jpg Queen Elizabeth attends Epsom Derby Day.jpg

Buckingham Palace Garden Party, May 2019

Buckingham Palace Garden Party, May 2019.jpg 14106064-0-image-a-25_1559144064481.jpg

Norfolk, February 2019

Queen-Elizabeth-pic.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
More brooches from the Queen.

At the St Paul's Cathedral, March 2015

The Queen and Prince Philip hold hands as they leave St Paul's Cathedral in March 2015 in London.jpg

Epsom Derby Day, June 2018

Queen Elizabeth attends Epsom Derby Day, June 2018.jpg Queen Elizabeth attends Epsom Derby Day.jpg

Buckingham Palace Garden Party, May 2019

Buckingham Palace Garden Party, May 2019.jpg 14106064-0-image-a-25_1559144064481.jpg

Norfolk, February 2019

Queen-Elizabeth-pic.jpg

I feel sad looking at that first photo how Prince Philip has aged

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
At the 75th anniversary of Auschwitz-Birkenau liberation

75th anniversary of Auschwitz-Birkenau liberation.jpg

In London

mark the 75th anniversary of Auschwitz-Birkenau liberation on Holocaust Memorial Day in London.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sombre royals at holocaust memorial day
I don't want to post more photos because its not about royality but if the royals help with awareness then that's a good thing because i read a study that said a surprising and alarming amount of millennials were unsure what the holocaust was
And how can we have 'never again' if we don't remember what and why it happened

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
Sombre royals at holocaust memorial day
I don't want to post more photos because its not about royality but if the royals help with awareness then that's a good thing because i read a study that said a surprising and alarming amount of millennials were unsure what the holocaust was
And how can we have 'never again' if we don't remember what and why it happened

Oof that is so strange to me. We had a whole unit on all that at least once. Maybe even more than once when I was in school. It was considered very important for us to know about and remember. I still remember some of the pictures they showed us to this day. I'm 31 but still considered a millenial. I'm going to have to pay attention when my daughter gets to middle school/high school and make sure she studies on it.

On thread topic though I always love seeing all the pearls in here. They are always so flattering on everyone. The triple strands are my favourite.

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
At the Evelina London Children's Hospital

at Evelina London Children's Hospital.jpg

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
At Zarzuela Palace

at Zarzuela Palace.jpg

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
At the funeral of Princess Pilar de Borbon

funeral of Princess Pilar de Borbon.jpg letizia-10.jpg Funeral+For+Pilar+de+Borbon+zAVI81vAtMTl.jpg letizia-7.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results