Super_Ideal_Rock
oh bother
i wanted to post a picture i saw in sn article about Angelina Kelly's new book
the Queen has her hands in her pocket and is smiling
but it won't post :cry2:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Earlier in this thread there was some discussion of tiaras that peers might give their wives to wear. I pointed out that some families had tiaras that were used by many women in the family, not just the wives of the current peers. (Pricescope has a separate thread for tiaras of non-royal families.)

I realized that I had not included a photo of the Cubitt-Shand Tiara which The Duchess of Cornwall sometimes wears. It is her family's tiara and she wore it at her wedding to Andrew Parker-Bowles. Her daughter, Laura, also wore it at her wedding to Harry Lopes.

Cubitt-Shand Tiara () Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall 6.jpg

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
At the Stedelijk Museum

visit the Stedelijk Museum.jpg

20432368-7635401-image-m-34_1572535796983.jpg

Launching the Borski Fund
launch of the Borski Fund.jpg

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
At the Arctic Circle Assembly

8ec319c0f80bae55226c9e0b497133ff.jpg

Love her dress, anyone wants to steal her style and wears size 40? :Up_to_something:

HER DG DRESS

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Earlier in this thread there was some discussion of tiaras that peers might give their wives to wear. I pointed out that some families had tiaras that were used by many women in the family, not just the wives of the current peers. (Pricescope has a separate thread for tiaras of non-royal families.)

I realized that I had not included a photo of the Cubitt-Shand Tiara which The Duchess of Cornwall sometimes wears. It is her family's tiara and she wore it at her wedding to Andrew Parker-Bowles. Her daughter, Laura, also wore it at her wedding to Harry Lopes.

i think nd this tiara quite interesting
i think it must be quite comfortably to wear and its nice the Camilia wears it still when she has those big guns in her wardrobe

her daughter looks lovelly in it
i think Camilia didn't quite have the right hair to compliment it
i think it will look smashing on Laura when the next corination eventuates
and all the white tie events that will entail
c75317ceeed0386c12788d92770f7f55.jpg c75317ceeed0386c12788d92770f7f55.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i think nd this tiara quite interesting
i think it must be quite comfortably to wear and its nice the Camilia wears it still when she has those big guns in her wardrobe

her daughter looks lovelly in it
i think Camilia didn't quite have the right hair to compliment it
i think it will look smashing on Laura when the next corination eventuates
and all the white tie events that w
ill entail

c75317ceeed0386c12788d92770f7f55.jpg

I think it may not be the hair, but the hair style.

Last edited:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Camilla Shand did wear this tiara when she wed Andrew Parker-Bowles. Her hair was a bit different then, although perhaps the tiara would have looked better had she worn an upsweep.

Attachments

• CamillaWedding.jpg
    CamillaWedding.jpg
    198.6 KB · Views: 106

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
oh bother
i wanted to post a picture i saw in sn article about Angelina Kelly's new book
the Queen has her hands in her pocket and is smiling
but it won't post :cry2:
I just finished reading this..."The Other Side of the Coin." It is wonderful! I highly recommend it to all those who follow royalty. There are many discussions of jewels sprinkled in, but the behind the scenes stories are just precious!! I think this is the closest thing to an autobiography of ERII we will ever get!!

MrsBlue

Brilliant_Rock

This tiara is very flattering on Camilla. I like it much better than the diamond fruit basket she often wears.

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
At the annual Hubertus Hunt horse race with Prince Christian
annual Hubertus Hunt horse race with her eldest son Prince Christian (left) on the balcony of ...jpg

At the Couple's Awards

the Couple's Awards 2019.jpg

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
In Barcelona

20579396-7647675-image-a-8_1572875843891.jpg

in Barcelona.jpg

20593580-7647675-image-a-33_1572897454961.jpg

Reactions: AV_

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
At the Prince Bernhard Culture Foundation awards

20590938-7648665-image-a-5_1572891863454.jpg Prince Bernhard Culture Foundation awards.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
In Barcelona

20579396-7647675-image-a-8_1572875843891.jpg

in Barcelona.jpg

20593580-7647675-image-a-33_1572897454961.jpg
if ever a daughter inherited her mother's ability to wear red it is Princess Leonor
i read an article today calling her (in a reasonably respectful manner) a Disney princess - but she has much too much style to be a Disney princess

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is yet another photo of The Duchess of Cornwall in the Cubitt-Shand Tiara.I think she looks wonderful in it in this picture.

"03 Dec 2014

Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall wears stunning tiara at Buckingham Palace ball

The Duchess was wearing what is believed to be her family’s Cubitt-Shand diamond-encrusted tiara as she arrived with Prince Charles at a reception for members of the diplomatic corps

Camilla Duchess of Cornwall arriving for a Diplomatic Reception at Buckingham Palace

Camilla Duchess of Cornwall arriving for a Diplomatic Reception at Buckingham Palace Photo: Tim Rooke/REX

The Duchess of Cornwall was in sparkling form at Buckingham Palace in a stunning diamond-encrusted tiara.
The Duchess was wearing what is believed to be her family’s Cubitt-Shand tiara as she was pictured with Prince Charles arriving at a reception for members of the diplomatic corps on Tuesday night.
It is the same headpiece she wore to her first wedding to Andrew Parker Bowles in 1973. Her daughter, Laura, also wore the family jewellery at her 2006 wedding to Harry Lopes.

The Duchess also wore diamond earrings and a pearl necklace at tonight’s event. The reception was being held by the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh, according to the Royal Diary.

The tiara is understood to be a legacy of the Duchess' maternal grandmother Sonia Rosemary Cubitt, Baroness Ashcombe (née Keppel).*

Earlier on Tuesday, the Prince of Wales made royal history by opening a new academy aimed at inspiring the broadcasters of tomorrow - by unveiling an electronic plaque.
He launched the Sky Academy Careers Lab at the west London campus of the broadcaster Sky in Osterley.

The electronic plaque appeared on a screen seconds after the heir to the throne, who was joined by the Duchess of Cornwall, touched a tablet screen.

During their tour of the campus, the Duchess could not resist trying her hand at controlling the robot cameras when the royal couple visited the Sky Sports News HQ studio.

The royal couple split up to watch groups of children working in mini news studios with the pupils acting as cameramen, presenters, directors and producers.

In another part of the campus the Duchess was shown an interactive wall that featured scenes from various departments at Sky when a visitor looked through holes in the wall.

*Here is some additional information on the history of the tiara.
Camilla Shand's grandmother, born Sonia Keppel, later Sonia Rosemary Cubitt, Baroness Ashcombe, to whom the tiara belonged, was the daughter of Alice Keppel, the mistress of King Edward VII..When she died the tiara went to Camilla's mother, Rosalind, who then left it to the elder of her two daughters, Camilla.

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
Visiting the Royal British Legion Industries Centenary Village

20669638-7655055-image-a-190_1573043866066.jpg 20669876-7655055-image-a-210_1573044412634.jpg 20670000-7655055-Queen_Elizabeth_II_arrives_for_a_visit_to_the_Royal_British_Legi-a-9_15730629...jpg visit to the Royal British Legion Industries Centenary Village.jpg

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
At the European Venture Philanthropy Association conference in The Hague

20680642-7656913-image-a-8_1573059021099.jpg European Venture Philanthropy Association conference in The Hague.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Visiting the Royal British Legion Industries Centenary Village

visit to the Royal British Legion Industries Centenary Village.jpg
November 4, 2019

"The Queen is in Kent, south east England this morning, spending time at the Royal British Legion Industries village ahead of Remembrance Day. Dressed in a purple wool tweed coat and dress by Karl Ludwig with a matching Angela Kelly hat, the Queen arrived to screaming crowds as she made her first stop at a care home for veterans.

The visit is part of a busy week for the British monarch and the rest of her family as the royals turn out in force to honor those who lost their lives in the line of duty and pay their respects to those who are serving and have served.

Today, the Queen will officially open the Appleton Lodge care facility for veterans and meet the eldest resident, 99-year-old WWII veteran John Riggs. She will see activities on offer including flower arranging, arts and crafts, and reading sessions with school children."

amethystbrooch.jpg

Her Majesty's Amethyst Brooch

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Queen has a beautiful and historic set of amethysts in her jewel collection, the Kent Demi-Parure. The most used part of this parure is the brooch without pendants, featuring a hexagonal amethyst surrounded by diamond sun rays on the bottom and scrolls and diamonds on top. Three amethyst and diamond pendants can be hung below, though they are only rarely used.

The set was owned by Queen Victoria's mother, the Duchess of Kent, who left it to her daughter. Queen Victoria subsequently left the set to the Crown. The majority of the jewelry worn by The Queen today (excepting items included in the Crown Jewels) originates with Queen Victoria or after, making these pieces some of the oldest in regular use. They have passed down from queen to queen, ending up in The Queen's hands after her accession.

Sometimes the brooch versions seen here are listed as separate pieces, though small hooks appear to exist underneath for the attachment of the pendants; however, not all of the pieces in the Kent amethyst parure are accounted for, so I believe it's hard to be definite.

According to Leslie Field in The Queen's Jewels, the demi-parure (or matching set) includes three brooches, a necklace, a pair of earrings, and a pair of hair combs. We have seen only one of the brooches - though many suggest that the other two have been added to the necklace for additional length - and the hair combs have never been seen. The set as a whole has rarely been seen, The Queen having only worn the necklace and earrings about twice in public during her reign. This isn't really surprising; neither The Queen nor her mother seem to have been big fans of the stone, and the brooch is pretty much only used when a purple outfit demands it. All of which is crushing to me, the ardent amethyst fan*

courtesy of "From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault"

. TheKentDemiParure.jpg

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
I love the aesthetic design of this brooch!

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
At the launch of the National Emergencies Trust

at the launch of the National Emergencies Trust.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The history teacher in me has to chime in here. November 11 is approaching here in the US. I had not even realizezed it was approaching, because I am not paying attention to the date!

Seeing the poppies made me realize that the Royal Family is observing Armistice Day, now called Veterans Day in the United States. It commemorates the end of World War I at the eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month of 1918 and was followed by the Versailles Conference and the Paris Peace Treaty.

Armistice Day is called Remembrance Day in the UK. It is not a holiday but is observed on Sunday, and is called Remembrance Sunday. Last year, being he 100th anniversary of the armistice, was the cause of special events.

Last edited:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
"In 2018 the Queen arrived at the Sunday Remembrance Day wearing, as is etiquette, black. The 93-year-old was joined by Camilla Parker Bowles and Kate Middleton.
...​

https://www.express.co.uk/news/roya...owles-news-prince-charles-london-royal-family

On her left breast the Monarch wore five poppies, above an enormous diamond brooch.
The piece was the Queen Mother’s Shell Brooch, and it looks like an oyster with a shell made of solid diamonds, strings of diamond hanging from it and a large pearl in the middle.
Many questioned exactly why the Queen was wearing a bouquet of poppies, while Kate and Camilla wore three each.
There have been suggestions that the Queen’s five poppies represent each service in the war, the Army, the Navy, the RAF, the Civil Defence and women."

QueenElizabethRemembranceDay2018.jpg
Queen Elizabeth on Remembrance Day 2018 wearing The Shell Brooch

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
Regarding the Shell Brooch, I keep thinking that someone needs to dust the "shell" often to keep it sparkly. Look at the size of iit...major dust trap! :D @AGBF, does each string of diamond hanging dangle individually?

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
Haven't spotted the Queen Victoria's Fringe brooch for a long while!

Queen Victoria's Fringe brooch.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Regarding the Shell Brooch, I keep thinking that someone needs to dust the "shell" often to keep it sparkly. Look at the size of iit...major dust trap! :D @AGBF, does each string of diamond hanging dangle individually?

Rad_Fan here is some information which I found on a website called "From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault".
"This brooch has made a sudden surge of appearances on the Queen in the last decade. And why wouldn’t it, really, the thing’s just lousy with diamonds. The Queen Mother’s Shell Brooch (official name: the Courtauld Thomson Scallop-Shell Brooch) is, unsurprisingly, another gem out of the late Queen Mother’s jewel box that has found a new home amongst the Queen’s trinkets. It takes the shape of a shell made of solid rows of diamonds with a single pearl cradled at the base and strings of diamonds of varying lengths suspended underneath.
Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother
It was designed by Lord Courtauld-Thomson and was made in 1919. It was left to Queen Elizabeth, the future Queen Mother, in 1944 by his sister, Winifred Hope Thomson. The Queen Mother wore it often; most notably, she wore it during her 100th birthday celebrations.
Queen Elizabeth II
From all the jewels the Queen inherited when her mother passed away in 2002, this is one that has made it into regular rotation. It’s had several memorable outings, including the unveiling of the Queen Mother’s statue, Zara Phillips’ wedding, and the 60th anniversary of King George VI’s death. It seems to be not just a tribute to her mother, but something she actually likes."

The website "The Court Jeweler" added the information that it was made by the Goldsmiths and Silversmiths Co, Ltd in London and claims that Lord Courtauld Thompson, the son of a famous Scottish inventor, designed it "in part". (Who else would have had a hand in designing it, I do not know.)

I believe that each string hangs individually,

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results