shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
The Crown Jewel Ruby. Once part of the most extensive collection of royal jewels to ever exist, this phenomenal 3.79 ruby hails from the crown believed to be part of the French Crown Jewels and owned by the Sultan of Brunei. Excavated from a mine that has been extinct for 150 years, the ruby features perfect “pigeon blood” coloring, stunning clarity and size. Perhaps the finest ruby available, it is set in platinum amongst 2.50 carats of brilliant round diamonds and has been certified by the American Gem Trade Association.

Attachments

• 694443935188188_mini_.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 4,005

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
ok, i''m going to try to make it bigger here......

33694443935.jpg

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Happy 100 pages, Royal Jewels thread!

I want to thank Pricescope for hosting this forum, LadyAmythyst for starting this thread, all of the people who have posted in it, and Jenna for her many great posts, and especially for many pictures of Diana that are new to me and always enjoyable and comforting for me to see. Thank you, everyone!

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
The Stewart Jewels (The Ruby Ring)

01430003.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
Kundan Mughal Indian Jewelry Necklace

Kundan Mughal Indian Jewelry Necklace.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Happy 100-th page in the Royal jewels thread!!!

Thank you all for the pictures and information about the magnificent jewels, to LadyA for starting the thread and to Janna for the Diana posts and pics!

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Here is one of the Queen's latest events - The state visit of the Mexican Prime minister in Buckingham palace a few days ago. HM wore the Brazilianaquamarines, including the big (and IMO ugly) tiara.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy 100 Pages.
36.gif
Beautiful color in the aquas but wow are they BIG!!!

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/4/2009 10:01:00 AM
Author: Sithathoriunet

Do you meant Stuart as in the royal family Diana is descended from, or another Stewart?

In any case, I found this article I wanted to share with you and the forum about Diana''s royal Stuart ancestors.

http://www.etoile.co.uk/Columns/Ken/080217.html

A general listing of columnists can be found here:

http://www.etoile.co.uk/Rother.html

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/4/2009 10:00:15 AM
Author: Imdanny
Happy 100 pages, Royal Jewels thread!

I want to thank Pricescope for hosting this forum, LadyAmythyst for starting this thread, all of the people who have posted in it, and Jenna for her many great posts, and especially for many pictures of Diana that are new to me and always enjoyable and comforting for me to see. Thank you, everyone!
Ditto many times over. I always come here to see new pics and learn a bit of history.

norma

Rough_Rock
Thankyou, SanDiegoLady, for answering my question about Lady A. (I hope she is ok.)
Congratulations everyone, for 100 pages of pure pleasure!
18.gif
18.gif
18.gif

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/4/2009 12:57:40 PM
Author: prince.of.preslav
Happy 100-th page in the Royal jewels thread!!!

Thank you all for the pictures and information about the magnificent jewels, to LadyA for starting the thread and to Janna for the Diana posts and pics!
Ditto from me, too! This is an AWESOME thread!
36.gif

Lori

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
yes, congrats to us all! now, everyone who has been watching this wonderful thread, but has not yet contributed any photos, go out and find some cool stuff to share! then we''ll have 200 pages of history and eye candy to see!
here''s a new photo i just found...
Marie Antoinette’s 33 natural pearls, as they appear on the ruby and diamond necklace created in 1849...i had put up a pic of it before but this pic is a nice one as well.

jear_royal_01_v.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/4/2009 9:55:04 PM
Date: 4/4/2009 10:01:00 AM

Do you meant Stuart as in the royal family Diana is descended from, or another Stewart?

In any case, I found this article I wanted to share with you and the forum about Diana''s royal Stuart ancestors.

http://www.etoile.co.uk/Columns/Ken/080217.html

A general listing of columnists can be found here:

http://www.etoile.co.uk/Rother.html

hey,
not sure really, i just put in all the info i found on it...it probably has nothing to do with her..but you never know! anyone else have any ideas?

Futurmrss

Rough_Rock
Do you have pictures of the ring that The Queen recently gave Michelle Obama?

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
here are what is called the ''drake jewels'' from c 1575...not sure about anything to do with their history, but, i''ll have a look...

DrakeJewel.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
ok, here it is..the story behind it..the drake jewel...The emblem of the recent conference “Virginia and the Atlantic World” was the spectacular “Drake Jewel,” one of the most evocative remnants of the state art of Queen Elizabeth I of England. Since its reproduction on the cover of the conference program, Sally Mason, who secured its use for the conference, has been questioned repeatedly about its symbolism, the circumstances of its creation, and the meaning of its bestowal upon Sir Francis Drake.

One of the rites of the Elizabethan court was the giving of jewels to the Queen, usually to mark the New Year, and the occasional gift by the Queen of jewels and portrait miniatures to favored servants and defenders of the realm. After Drake circumnavigated the globe, he gave Queen Elizabeth a composite jewel token made with rare materials gathered from around the globe: a ship with an ebony hull, enameled gold taken from a prize off the Pacific coast of Mexico, a diamond from Africa. The ship was the instrument that extended the Queen’s potency around the world, so an apposite image for a gift meant to celebrate her.

Elizabeth’s gift to Sir Francis Drake is similarly evocative: one side is a locket with a portrait of the Queen by Nicholas Hilliard with a cover featuring on the interior her avian emblem, the phoenix. A miniature portrait was the single most frequent gift given by Elizabeth I to persons she would reward. It projected her image as monarch, equipped with state clothes and regalia and asserting a personal connection with the recipient as well as a political relationship. On another occasion Elizabeth I gave Drake a second miniature portrait, in which she stood at the focus of a sunburst, to use as a hat badge. That Drake, a commoner who rose to the position of state champion on the raid to Cadiz and Vice-Admiral of the Armada, was so honored marked his extraordinary place in the world.

fgsdgsdgwel.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
4/5/2009 11:04:38 PM
Author: Futurmrss

Do you have pictures of the ring that The Queen recently gave Michelle Obama?

I cannot look anymore right now. I didn't find any instantly. I just found many allusions to Queen Elizabeth having given Mrs. Obama a ruby ring "commissioned and worn by" Queen Victoria. I did a brief search for Queen Victoria's rings, but I have no idea whether the ring given to Mrs. Obama was a well-known ring or one that relatively few people had seen. I am interested in this ring now, however! I also cannot escape the story of the "embrace" between Mrs. Obama and the Queen! What a brouhaha!!!

AGBF
34.gif

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/4/2009 3:40:19 AM
Author: AGBF

Here is a clip from YouTube of Eleanor's arrival at the fictitious Christmas court at Chinon. Listen to the Latin and the music!!!

AGBF

34.gif
Thanks! I fell for the gold crown, also the gold crown in The Tudors on Showtime. So that's one of my interests now, crowns that are gold and nothing else. I will see if I can find some pictures of royal jewelry. Every time I think I know how to post pictures here I realize I don't.
32.gif

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/7/2009 1:45:11 AM
Date: 4/4/2009 3:40:19 AM

Author: AGBF

Here is a clip from YouTube of Eleanor''s arrival at the fictitious Christmas court at Chinon. Listen to the Latin and the music!!!

AGBF

34.gif

Thanks! I fell for the gold crown, also the gold crown in The Tudors on Showtime. So that''s one of my interests now, crowns that are gold and nothing else. I will see if I can find some pictures of royal jewelry. Every time I think I know how to post pictures here I realize I don''t.
32.gif

here''s one for you then,
the scottish crown
At various times prospectors were drawn to the Wanlockhead locality in search of gold. The first documented evidence of the recovery of gold in the area is from the reign of King James IV of Scotland in the early 16th century. During the reign of King James V, gold from the Crawfurd Muir was incorporated in the new crowns for the King and Queen.

Crawford Moor in Clydesdale, "God''s Treasure-House in Scotland".

to post photos, first download images onto your computer, if they are bigger then 100kb, then you resize them in your photo shop, whatever you use, then you reply on this page and attach file. it''s that easy! good luck!

Gold_Csfsfsfrown.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
A gold crown, part of the treasure known as the gold of Nimrud, in the National Museum in Baghdad.

gold_crccccccccccown.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
well everyone, here, i my humble opinion, are the true ''primary colours!'' LOL...sapphire, ruby and emerald! i do hope to see some of these beauties on royal hands, but i really wouldn''t mind if we each got to take one home for ourselves as well! what do you think? which would you chose?

bbbbbbbbbggggggggfffffffffad.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
you gotta love those primary colours!!!!!!! LOL
who ever said that primary colours were the same as the ones we paint with?;-) winks

ruby-sapphire-emeraldbbb.jpg

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2009 11:43:34 AM
The £620K gold inlaid carriage...not a wearable ''jewel'' but a ''jewel'' non the less eh everyone?
Ah, you beat me to it.

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/9/2009 3:36:23 AM
Date: 2/20/2009 11:43:34 AM

The £620K gold inlaid carriage...not a wearable ''jewel'' but a ''jewel'' non the less eh everyone?

Ah, you beat me to it.
yeah, sorry.....but that carriage was just too eye candy for me not to have put it up earlier...lol...i knew it wasn''t a jewel piece but my goodness it had to go up.:) seeing it again is fine by me...;-)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results