carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
I have an aquamarine that is about 50 carats but unfortunately it's not cut
7.gif
I could also buy an emrald but the sizes and quality weren't good at all. You've got gorgeous jewels Sithathoriunet and you are realy a very good detective as well
3.gif
Princess diana had a great collection of jewels and I hope we'll see them worn by her future daughters in-law (Kate & Chelsy).
BTW in the "carriage pic" isnt HM sitting next to Dina? I recognize the State Diadem there.

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/22/2008 6:42:55 PM
Author: prince.of.preslav
I have an aquamarine that is about 50 carats but unfortunately it''s not cut
7.gif
I could also buy an emrald but the sizes and quality weren''t good at all. You''ve got gorgeous jewels Sithathoriunet and you are realy a very good detective as well
3.gif
Princess diana had a great collection of jewels and I hope we''ll see them worn by her future daughters in-law (Kate & Chelsy).

BTW in the ''carriage pic'' isnt HM sitting next to Dina? I recognize the State Diadem there.
hey back to you prince of preslav!
yes, i saw that too..her majesty in the carriage next to diana...too bad i don''t have a photo from another angle...:)
and yes, i''m just a detective at heart lol...;-)
have you ever considered having your aquamarine cut to set? and thankyou, i enjoy my gems very very much. i sometimes wish i had more fingers or an extra arm so i could wear more of them together..;-)
i sure hope to one day see some lucky lady wear diana''s sapphire again, i know it would be so hard to fill that ring, so to speak;-) but, it would be such a huge shame to never see it worn again...too sad.
and i think diana would have loved to see it out and worn again by someone who one of her sons loves!
anywho...if you are looking to buy an emerald..i might be so bold as to suggest you might want to try looking at antiques...mine is a deco piece from the 40''s and is columbian, fully untreated..i haven''t seen one so clear since...or of that size at that quality..but anyways, just a suggestion. sometimes antiques are the best and most redily available source for gems of great size and quality without the huge price attached to having a piece made new.:) perhaps that is why the royals like to remake their jewels so often?
jenna:)

attached here is a collage of my emerald..so everyone knows what i was going on about! lol

emecoddll.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
here is a really neat ring along the same line as the one chosen by ladyamethyst for her icon..just love these...i would love to locate one for me! yum!!! enjoy!

1209862654_10-1-1825.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
here are those two rings side by side..lovely rings..boy, i think i want one! very royal indeed!

9862654_10-1-1825.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Such crowned rings ware usually used as engagement rings in the victorin period. Queen Victoria had a similar one given to her by The Prince Consort. The one from LadyAmethyst's avatar the ering of Charles Spencer, Earl Spencer first wife. He's Princess Diana's brother.
QVictoria's:

viccrownedr.JPG

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/13/2008 10:28:24 PM
Author: AGBF

Date: 10/13/2008 9:40:36 PM
Author: Sithathoriunet
the wedding party...........

Who is the exceptionally tall man on Peter Phillips'' right?

Deborah
34.gif
Deborah the guy is Mike Tindall Zara Phillips boyfriend (Princess Anne''s daughter). He is an ex rugby player.

_42336937_zarapa300.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Do you remember that I was asking about the queen''s pearls from Peter Philips''s wedding? Well I found them! HM is wearing the so called Queen Anne and Queen Charlotte''s pearl strands. They are a wedding gift from her parents - George VI and Queen Elizabeth. The necklace is composed of 2 strands of perls, one of them belonging to QAnne and QCharlitte. They are always worn together.

AnneCharlottePearls.JPG

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
here''s the wedding outfit - The fringe tiara, the pearl strands and the gorgeous dress
1.gif

340xx.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Author: Sithathoriunet
Date: 10/22/2008 6:42:55 PM

hey back to you prince of preslav!

yes, i saw that too..her majesty in the carriage next to diana...too bad i don't have a photo from another angle...:)

and yes, i'm just a detective at heart lol...;-)

have you ever considered having your aquamarine cut to set? and thankyou, i enjoy my gems very very much. i sometimes wish i had more fingers or an extra arm so i could wear more of them together..;-)

Well after I bought the aquamarine I wonted to cut it and then set it in an Art Deco ring, but:
1. The stone would loose at least 10 carats of it's weight after the cut.
2. I'll have to give it (the ring) to my mother or a future wife. Now I'm allmost 17 and i don't want to get married till 26-30 :D so it won't be worn. But maybe some day I'll cut and set my aquamarine
1.gif

Here is it:

aqua_horse2.JPG

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Today after I was searching for a video in YouTube I found a video about the life and jewels of our fav Princess Diana. Then I understood that it's a film called "Princess Diana Her Life in Jewels" and gives usefull information about her jewels. The most interesting parts (for me) were about her engagement ring and the some of the loans from HM. The film is about 1 hour and is divided into 5 parts.

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Part 5

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/25/2008 12:04:53 PM
Author: prince.of.preslav
Today after I was searching for a video in YouTube I found a video about the life and jewels of our fav Princess Diana. Then I understood that it''s a film called ''Princess Diana Her Life in Jewels'' and gives usefull information about her jewels. The most interesting parts (for me) were about her engagement ring and the some of the loans from HM. The film is about 1 hour and is divided into 5 parts.

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Part 5
hey prince.of.preslav..thankyou for posting the diana you tube links! i went and watched and it was amazing. great piece, and so sad at the end..diana''s loss is still so fresh in our minds even though it has been quite a long time since it happened. i almost find myself ready to cry, still after all this time. such a tragic loss of such a wonderful carrismatic lady. a true lady.
jenna

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
here is a candid pic of diana with her aquamarine ring on..

Princess-Diana-visits-Australia_680302.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
i like this one...i think her sapphire is gorgeous..i''d love to see the garrards catalogue containing that ring..

home_05.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
i love this dress. such amazing colour!

dianadianadiana1.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Nice pics of Princess Diana! Love them all!

I am interested what's your favourite type of tiara: fringe, festoon, scroll, greek key, with flower ornamens, with heraldic ornaments, kokoshnik style or lover's knot ?
My favs is the fringe and the Girls of GB&I tiaras
1.gif

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Crown princes Victoria of Sweden''s Fringe tiara

72791703.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Here''s the Kent fringe tiara. The picture s from Prince & princess Michle of Kent''s wedding. HM and the Princess Royal also wore a fringe on their wedding days (a loan from the queen mum)

article103018901C4668900000578580468x431.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Again the Kent jewels, but now the festoon tiara. The pic is from prince Michel and Marie Christine's 30 wedding anniversaryq The Princess Roayal Also has a festoon tiara - the one from her son's wedding.

article1030189658.JPG

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Her''s Princess Anne''s greek key/meander tiara. Also a favourite one to me.

meanderannegb.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Here is a Scroll tara created in 1910 for Queen Elizabeth of Belgium

scrollElisabetofBelgium.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
I think Sophie, Countess of Wessex''s tiara can be also classified as a scroll tiara so here is it

WessexTiara.JPG

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
from flower tiaras I like the most Princess Mary of Denmark''s ruby and diamond and the bulgarian one. Princess Margareth''s daughter was wearring a flower tiara when she married too.

marydenmark.JPG

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Here is the bulgarian tiara. The central pic is from princess Rosario''s wedding. On top is the late Queen Mother of Bulgaria Ioana (born Giovanna of Italy)ë

RosarioNadalyFusterPuigdorfila.JPG

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Heraldic lily:
This is Queen Victoria Eugenia of Spain wearring a nice and regal tiara with Heraldic lilys (Fleur-de-lis)

VictoriaEugeniaofSpain.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
The bulgarian fleur-de-lis tiara - Queen Margarita and King Simeon''s wedding in 1962

Margarita de Bulgaria.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
I guess you''ve all seen HM QEII''s kokoshnik so here''s an emerald and diamond one. The greek royal family has a freat collection of big cabochon emeralds. They are just great.Love them!

2812473190094285158OlzHSufs.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Queen Frederika used to wear the kokoshnik tiara without its frame as a necklace

queen frederika greece.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I find it quite amazing that even though Diana has been gone for 11 years, that this thread is dominated with pictures of her. We just cannot stop gazing at what a beautiful, elegant, classy and glamourous woman she was. She was so stylish that pictures of her from so many years ago do not look outdated at all.

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
hello everyone!
sorry i''ve been away for a bit! i''ve been off and busy doing many things, including buying a new sapphire! i''m so happy with it..this photo is of diana, she looks so happy here..and i must say, this is how i must look now that i''ve found a new sapphire! lol...i''m going to go post it on my thread sithathoriunet''s jewels...i love it! i think i''m a sapphire girl!
and yes, i agree, diana will always remain in our hearts and minds and that my firends is how we become immortal! she will live forever.

36207_1.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations for your new sapphire, Sithathoriunet! The ring is great and is just like Lady Di''s. It''s Great!

Sometimes when I look at Diana''s photos she looks so warm, close to the pople, so charming....
She was a great person. I don''t know why, but I like more than any other royal. Here''s a picture showing her engagegement ring that I soon found.

QV001250.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results