the wedding party...........

2501035212_5d5b84c932_o.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
and a wave of good luck from the queen!

2500204109_f39401d8f0_o.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
and now a few ancient jewels...SCARAB RING.
4th c. BC

The ring is composed of an oval swiveling bezel and an adjustable hoop. The obverse of the ring bears the realistic image of a scarab in high relief. On the reverse, the relief image of a woman is framed by an ovolo setting. The bezel is framed by braided and beaded wire. The hoop is formed of braided wires with a beaded wire in the channel.

scyth1.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
in ancient egypt, the scarab was a very important symbol. since this beetle was seen pushing balls of dung across the sands and burying them under the desert then it''s young would reappear from said dung..it became the symbol of eternal life and rebirth. it was seen to enter the underworld as did the sun at night, then it would rejoin the land of the living as the sun, in the morning.so, as in this royal pectoral from king tut''s treasure, the scarab was depicted pushing the solar disc across the heavens and was associated with ra, the sun god himself.

61hhhh72.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
and here baboons join keper, the scarab in ensuring the proper order of things!

scarab_pec_cover-thumb.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
here is a fabulous example of a new kingdom ancient egyptian scarab ring..scarab set in gold

100178.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/13/2008 9:40:36 PM
Author: Sithathoriunet

Who is the exceptionally tall man on Peter Phillips' right?

Deborah
34.gif

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/13/2008 10:28:24 PM
Author: AGBF

Date: 10/13/2008 9:40:36 PM

Who is the exceptionally tall man on Peter Phillips'' right?

Deborah

34.gif
i''m not sure....anyone else know who he is????
33.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/13/2008 9:38:25 PM
Peter Phillips, the Queen's eldest grandson and his bride Autumn Kelly, a canadian girl! yay canada!:)
jenna
Okay, is it just me, or does he look exactly like Prince William (just a tad bit older). For those of you that do not know, he is the son of Princess Anne and her former husband, Captain Mark Phillips. They have two children Peter and Zara Phillips. I think that light blonde bridesmaid all the way to the left is Zara.

Great ancient jewelry pics Sithathoriunet. Wow, you have an awesome knowledge base for this. If you haven't noticed, people are going absolutely ga ga for your jewels in the "Show me the ring" forum.
emsmile.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/13/2008 9:41:07 PM
The Queen always looks so lovely and radiant!

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/13/2008 11:09:53 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Date: 10/13/2008 9:38:25 PM

Peter Phillips, the Queen''s eldest grandson and his bride Autumn Kelly, a canadian girl! yay canada!:)

jenna

Okay, is it just me, or does he look exactly like Prince William (just a tad bit older). For those of you that do not know, he is the son of Princess Anne and her former husband, Captain Mark Phillips. They have two children Peter and Zara Phillips. I think that light blonde bridesmaid all the way to the left is Zara.

Great ancient jewelry pics Sithathoriunet. Wow, you have an awesome knowledge base for this. If you haven''t noticed, people are going absolutely ga ga for your jewels in the ''Show me the ring'' forum.
emsmile.gif
thanks, i just love ancient history and especially the jewels! and wow! i had no idea anyone was even looking..i don''t even know how to check yet...i''ll go try to see now!
i''m such a newbie!
lol

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw this ring a few years ago, it was a wedding ring for one of the young royals but can''t remember who. I love it.

heartsl.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
WOW Nice ancient egyptian jewels Sithathoriunet
1.gif
The info under them was usefully for me too. I wasn't a fan of jewels from this period but now I enjoy them
2.gif

When I saw the photo of your and Diana's rings compared I understood I was wrong about the carats. Thank you

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock

At the wedding Autumn Kelly wore a feston tiara that is in possession of the Princess Royal.
Do you know somethink about the pearl necklace/s QEII is wearing? Aren't they the ones from her marriage?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/15/2008 3:34:02 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover

Date: 10/15/2008 1:24:02 PM
Author: prince.of.preslav

At the wedding Autumn Kelly wore a feston tiara that is in possession of the Princess Royal.
Do you know somethink about the pearl necklace/s QEII is wearing? Aren''t they the ones from her marriage?
It''s hard to tell.

http://americanbridaljewelry.stores.yahoo.net/abj-famousweddings2.html
The strands shes wearing very well could be the strands she wore on her wedding day...she has several strands that she trades off...the strands she wore on her wedding day were from her father and had royal backgruond(If memory serves me right)there is info in the book the Royal Jewels.

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/15/2008 12:12:40 PM
Author: prince.of.preslav
WOW Nice ancient egyptian jewels Sithathoriunet
1.gif
The info under them was usefully for me too. I wasn''t a fan of jewels from this period but now I enjoy them
2.gif

When I saw the photo of your and Diana''s rings compared I understood I was wrong about the carats. Thank you

hi! prince of preslav!
thankyou for posting! i just love ancient egyptian jewels..they are so interesting..i''m glad you found the posts helpful! and the diana ring comparrison as well. i myself was always reading reports and guesses about it''s size..but now that i own my own sapphire i understand the size and also that if it were as large as some of these claims, it would have been just massive on her petite little fingers! i''m glad i could show it''s real size to people and you know i think with the royals and their engagement rings, for me it is about class, and not size..it seems to be about looking sophistcated rather than over the top...i have noticed most of the royal erings are smaller than one might expect...of a royal i mean.:)
let hollywood go big..royals stay with class.:)
jenna:)

diana1703_228x326.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
I don't think The Princess Royal has many jewels (like her her mother) but thy are certainty very nice.
I found a picture of Prnces Anne wearing a big aquamarine pendant and pearl (I think) necklace and a brooch with aquamarines and diamonds. The pendant and the brooch are from one of Anne's tiaras.

6jyu5pf.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
The tiara. I think it looks much better than the queen''s aquamarine tiara

anne.aqu.tiara.JPG

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Some other "Royal" aquamarines.
Queen Victoria Eugenie of Spain:

2360524590081543377nBLbYE_ph.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
wow! gorgeous aquamarines! i love all the beryls, but of them all emerald and aquamarine are my favs!
hey everyone! i just posted these pics a moment ago on my thread, but i thought them neat and wanted to share my little detective work with you all..i know you''ve seen my collages before..so, here are two more..my fav subject is the beautiful princess diana''s sapphire ring, since there have been such rumors and lore about it for so long..i just love the detective work and being able to show what it was really like! so, let the fun begin! here is a lovely photo of diana with her famous gorgeous sapphire...this ring has enthralled us all i think!

73lop426661.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
she was so lovely.....so, here i have taken that same pic and cropped it to just her ring hand, and added my own hand with my sapphire ring on..to show the sizing. now, like in my other collage from a few days ago..lol, i like doing these! it shows how close the size of the sapphires really is. mine i 7 carats..so, from that we can gage the true size of diana''s....fun stuff.
love jenna:)

2kljh6h66b1.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
and i did this one as well..here diana is on the cover of a mag..gorgeous as always. i wish i was always so composed!:)

lk6_300x400.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
and here we have the pic cropped to the ring and my own hand with sapphire on added to compare.
my sapphire remember is 7 carats.
so, i''ve had my fun..and been a detective for a moment..and now, whenever i read that diana''s sapphire was 18 carats or something of that manner, i just think to myself, i know better...lol..after all, i''ve seen what size it really is..and if it were that much bigger then what i am wearing, it would have been the right size for a bracelet instead! ;-)
thanks for letting me be a detective for everyone!
i''m off to find a new project!...as the music for 007 plays in the background!
loves from jenna:)

lki300x400.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/21/2008 8:53:16 PM
wow! gorgeous aquamarines! i love all the beryls, but of them all emerald and aquamarine are my favs!

hey everyone! i just posted these pics a moment ago on my thread, but i thought them neat and wanted to share my little detective work with you all..i know you''ve seen my collages before..so, here are two more..my fav subject is the beautiful princess diana''s sapphire ring, since there have been such rumors and lore about it for so long..i just love the detective work and being able to show what it was really like! so, let the fun begin! here is a lovely photo of diana with her famous gorgeous sapphire...this ring has enthralled us all i think!
duh, and speaking of aquamarines, i totally forgot to say yes, diana is wearing hers in that first photo there..the bracelet, to which she later added a matching ring..i''ll post that pic too for us..
jenna

0329110-020.jpg

Sithathoriunet

Brilliant_Rock
here is diana''s set together, both the ring and bracelet aquamarine...yum!

diana141.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/21/2008 8:53:16 PM

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results