shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
I think these might be of interest to some of you - the diamond and gem-set breast stars of The King & Queen of Thailand:
kingorders_thaidj.jpg
sirikitorder_thaifj.jpg

And the Danish Prinsgemalen - strange that Henri didn't wear his diamond and ruby star of the Dannebrog; HRH also wore the diamond badge of a Grand Commander of the Order of the Dannebrog:
prinsgemalen_orders_thaidj.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
WoW! I'm past 3000 posts... Congrats to me :)

Last ones - Sheikha Mozah's large diamond earrings:
mozah_thaidj.jpg

A blurry close-up of Queen Silvia's amethyst and diamond bracelet (also worn by Pss Madeleine at the Monaco wedding):
silviaamethystbracelet.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
prince.of.preslav|1328047410|3115841 said:
LadyMaria|1328028441|3115601 said:
Can anyone tell me why Princess Lalla Salma does not wear tiaras, even at events like this? I think the only time I've seen her in a tiara was the Greek Key one she wore for her wedding.

Same question for Sheikha Moza...the ladies of Brunei have shown us many ways a tiara can be incorperated with a head covering.

Well, to me at least a tiara worn a kaftan looks rather strange. It's almost like wearing fine jewellery with a kimono. So this may be a reason why we only see Moroccan royals with tiaras on their wedding days.
And even though we see Sheikha Mozah with fine clothes (even gowns) it's just not how it's done in Quatar. Even in Thailand and Brunei the Queen is the only one to wear a tiara, if I'm not mistaken (though the former Thai CPss wore a ruby tiara once).
At least Princess Lalla Salma and Sheikha Mozah brought some very fine jewels with them ;-)

Here's a fine exmple of how to wear a tiara with a headcovering - HM The Queen of Brunei at the Diamond Jubilee celebrtions in Thailand, 2006:

This is more what I thought of in pairing a tiara with a headcovering...

golddiamond bouquet.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
or this....

brueni5.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
or perhaps this way...

brunei2.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
...or maybe like this!

princessmajeedah.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
prince.of.preslav|1328052471|3115928 said:
WoW! I'm past 3000 posts... Congrats to me :)

Yeah Bobby! :appl:

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Congrats, Bobby! :appl:

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Yes, Bobby! :wavey:

Maria, those are good pics of tiaras. They show that, like good tiara hair, you need good tiara veils. Enough pouffiness behind to support it visually -- as a tall tiara looks odd with flat hair, ditto with veils. Thanks!

--- Laurie

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, Maria, Laurie and Danny! I can assure that it's been a great pleasure writing each and every of these 3000 posts and I've enjoyed the disussions with all of you :)

Best,
Bobby

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
And a pleasure for us to read them!

--- Laurie

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
LadyMaria|1328056138|3115963 said:
This is more what I thought of in pairing a tiara with a headcovering...

Now I see what you meant, Maira! These photos, however, are all from the weddings of the respective ladies and no matter how better this tiara/headcovering looks we can't expect The Queen of Buthan to wear her tiaras with a veil like that.
By the way, did you notice the diamond bouquets?

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
In less than an hour HM The Queen & HRH The Prince Consort of Denmark are going to host a banquet for the Diplomatic Corps to mark HM's Ruby Jubilee as Denmark's Head of State. TRH The Crown Prince & Crown Princess and HRH Princess Benedikte are going to attend.
Stay turned for some Danish royal glitter tonight!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bobby,

Thank you for all the effort you have put into posting here in the Royal Jewels forum and in the Tiaras forum. In a way it seems strange that you are only at 3,000 postings given how much information you have contributed over the years! Your postings are always chock full of information! Good job!!!

Many hugs and good wishes,
Deb/AGBF
:read:

Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Deb!
Yes, in a way it's strange that I've 'produced' only 3000 posts, but then again I post almost exclusively in this thread. And I can say that I adore this thread and the forum. It's interesting to see how the style of my posts and my Engish have evolved post after post :)

Anyway, enough about me and Jubilee :razz:

Unforunately, there aren't good photos from tonight's banquet at Christiansborg Slot, but here's what I was able to see:
HM The Queen - the emerald parure with thenew green dress
HRH The Crown Princess - her wedding tiara with the new pearl additions and pearl earrings
HRH Princess Benedikte - the floral tiara and her diamond necklace

I hope that nice photos will be pubished before long.

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Happy 10th wedding anniversary, Your Royal Highnesses!!! May there be many, many happy returns!

poomax_engagement.jpg
PoO&Maxiam02.02.02.jpg
bkh9gkysml.jpg PoO&Maxima_Victoria&Daniel6.jpg
cg6obd_poomax.jpg
87505.jpg -cca57f0e42b6.jpg

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
P. Mary looked nice but I give 1st Prize to Benedikte -- she was tops at the Diplomatic Corps Dinner. This photo comes out too small to show the beautiful detail on her dress. Daisy, as usual, did her own thing!

--- Laurie

Dipl. Corps Dinner.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
JewelFreak|1328212885|3117516 said:
P. Mary looked nice but I give 1st Prize to Benedikte -- she was tops at the Diplomatic Corps Dinner. This photo comes out too small to show the beautiful detail on her dress. Daisy, as usual, did her own thing!

--- Laurie

I'm with you on this one Laurie! The first set of pictures made me think that CP Mary's dress was the gold color all the way down. Now seeing it was just the jacket, I'm not as crazy about it.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Daisy, as usual, did her own thing!

All right, all right! I adore her and I think that she looks splendid when she wears all red, but even I will grant you that Her Majesty looks a bit quirky wearing green emeralds with a teal gown!

Deb
:saint:

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock

--- Laurie

I have to agrre with you, Laurie! Princess Benedikte did look very nice last night and it's just such a pity than no close photos of HRH were taken... I'm positively sure that the gown is a reworked (and more flattering) version of an oldie from the Princess' closet. I've seen a rather nice formal portrait of HRH with this dress.
Hope this photo does some more justice to the emrodery; here we can also make out the jewels worn:
BenedikteDC_RJ.jpg

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
AGBF|1328219521|3117644 said:
Daisy, as usual, did her own thing!

All right, all right! I adore her and I think that she looks splendid when she wears all red, but even I will grant you that Her Majesty looks a bit quirky wearing green emeralds with a teal gown!

Deb
:saint:
Not the first time she's worn emeralds with that dress, Deb. And with that enormous dead animal crawling all over her. =)

She is quite the girl! Marches to her very own individual drummer, doesn't she? Smart as a whip too.

Bobby, thank you for the closer-up photo of Benedikte. Her dress is gorgeous. I can't find a pic where her jewels are easy to see, but from its shape, her tiara looks like the top section of the floral aigrette -- is that possible? Can't tell a thing about her necklace except that it's diamonds.

--- Laurie

margarethe.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
prince.of.preslav|1328120215|3116542 said:
By the way, did you notice the diamond bouquets?

Bobby

How could I miss it? Talk about the ultimate wedding bling!

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
JewelFreak|1328230974|3117854 said:
AGBF|1328219521|3117644 said:
She is quite the girl! Marches to her very own individual drummer, doesn't she? Smart as a whip too.

--- Laurie
Maybe it's just my computer, but to me the dress looks like a great match for the emeralds. I don't see any blue/teal at all. It looks more like emerald green to me (pun intended!).

BubblyBear

Shiny_Rock
prince.of.preslav|1328223864|3117720 said:
I have to agrre with you, Laurie! Princess Benedikte did look very nice last night and it's just such a pity than no close photos of HRH were taken... I'm positively sure that the gown is a reworked (and more flattering) version of an oldie from the Princess' closet. I've seen a rather nice formal portrait of HRH with this dress.
Hope this photo does some more justice to the emrodery; here we can also make out the jewels worn:
BenedikteDC_RJ.jpg

Yes, Bobby, the gown was worn at Maxima and William's wedding in 2002; it has been reworked with definitely a different neckline.

I wish we could see the jewels better, too, but I cannot locate a good photo to showcase them.

Also, congrats on 3,000!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
My hat is off to Benedikte that she can still get into the dress 10 yrs later! Yay! Modern royals do it right -- buy beautiful expensive clothing & have it tweaked over time to update it & wear different jewels with it.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
LadyMaria|1328232726|3117882 said:
Maybe it's just my computer, but to me the dress looks like a great match for the emeralds. I don't see any blue/teal at all. It looks more like emerald green to me (pun intended!).

Moi aussi! This is certainly an emerald green dress and it was clearly visible both times when Margrethe II wore it. After the first outing I thought that it is probably made with the emerald parure in mind, and the photos from the banquet for the Corps Diplomatique show that I was right. I'm sure we'll see it with more jewels, though.

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
JewelFreak|1328269912|3118182 said:
My hat is off to Benedikte that she can still get into the dress 10 yrs later! Yay! Modern royals do it right -- buy beautiful expensive clothing & have it tweaked over time to update it & wear different jewels with it.

I'm sure, Lurie, that the two other sisters can also easily fit in their dresses from the 2002 (pre-)weddings ;-)
The same can be said about Elizabeth II who last wear wore a dress from the 2002 Jubilee celebrations; Crown Princess Mary also wore a dress from her pre-wedding gala, not to mention The Duchess of Gloucester who stil fits into a red velvet number from 2000; the best of all - Queen Silvia & Queen Sonja still can wear dresses from 1991... I'd better stop here :)

I agrre that it's nice to see such nice examples worn over the years, even more so to see them adapted to current trends (Hmm.. Birgitte!)

bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
JewelFreak|1328230974|3117854 said:
Bobby, thank you for the closer-up photo of Benedikte. Her dress is gorgeous. I can't find a pic where her jewels are easy to see, but from its shape, her tiara looks like the top section of the floral aigrette -- is that possible? Can't tell a thing about her necklace except that it's diamonds.

--- Laurie

Thanks, Laurie!
Yes, sadly there aren't any good photos of Princess Benedikte from the gala dinner... From what I know about HRH's jewellery collection, however, I can safely say that she's wearing her floral tiara, her part of Queen Alexanrine's diamond necklace, diamond (line) earrings and a small diamond bracelet (not seen often).

Bobby

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for the info, Bobby. I did wonder what all of it was.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results