shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
LadyMaria|1323622478|3079202 said:
Thanks Bobby! =) When I wear one of my tiaras, wrapping the hair around the sides is the trickiest part. I can fully understand the benefit of adding hair pieces or extensions. But, I'm only a Lady, so I have to make do with my own hair.

What a lovely picture, Lady Maria! And that diamond set... Is it one of the treasure that was locked in your parents' vault?
On another note, I think it's a great pity that I didn't have a teacher like you. Chemistry could've been such a fun!

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
BubblyBear|1323665857|3079630 said:
Yes! Q Silvia brought out my favorite tiara!

Sorry for the less than spectacular photo.

Thank for the picture, BB/ It's interesting that The Queen wore this dress for yet another (third) time this year and what's even more surprising is that HM wore the same brooch on both nights. This is, in fact, the second time that we see the sapphire and pearl necklace with the dress. On its second outing we saw the same jewels as at the Nobel Price ceremony this year. Note that the two royal couples, as well as The Crown Princess and her brothe, Prince Carl-Philip are wearing the stars of their Luxembourgish decorations
Anyway, here's what the other three ladies wore at The King's dinner:
-The Crown Princess - The Baden fringe tiara - partly hidden in HRH's hair - with the earrings from the pre-wedding dinner and concert. This time royalcourt.se informs us that the earrings were originally a pair of epaulettes.
-Princess Christina - a repeated dress and necklace + earrings from last year's Nobel celebrations and her small tiara.
-The Grand Duchess of Luxembourg - the pearl and diamond choker/tiara, Princess Ingeborg's pearl brooch, pearl pendant earrings and necklace (worn at Margrethe II's birthday). The second evening (IMHO) was actually an improvement for HRH, with hair up and no clash of colours.

And here are the pix - http://myroyal-myroyals.blogspot.com/2011/12/swedish-royal-family-attends-gala.html

Enjoy!
Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Ivana|1323734796|3080091 said:
Happy birthday prince.of.preslav!!

Just yesterday I stumbled upon a post where you said you share a birthday with some royal. I do not remember who it was, but I made a mental note not to forget to wish you all the best after midnight!

I hope you have an awesome day! =)

Thank you, Ivana, and welcome to the board! It's just so kind of you!

The royal lady in question is HRH Princess Marina, Duchess of Kent. Here are a couple of pictures to celebrate the anniversary of her birth.
M008.jpg
marina_daisywedding_0.jpg

Guess what she's wearing here:
3307944.jpg
http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/n...er-home-in-belgrave-square-news-photo/3307944

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
This is a very unexpected and a wonderful b'day present, which I did not expect untill next year.
For all those who adore royal jewels here is a link to part 1 of the Royal Jewels documentary, which features many well-know jewels from the Scandinavian monarchies. Thier unique story is told by none other but the people who wear them and who have known these (and other) jewels for many years. What is best is that you don't have to know Danish, as the royal ladies and gentleman speak in quite eloquently in English. In part 2 we shall also see a member of the British royal family (who can guess which one?) and also jewels from the Russian court will be discussed.

Here's the link - http://www.dr.dk/nu/player/#/de-kongelige-juveler/25394

Enjoy!
Bobby

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Happy birthday, Bobby! Many more wonderful ones to come! I look forward to watching the documentary of your link.

And Lady Maria, you beautiful tiara'd noblewoman: in looking at the Swedish royal court website, I found this, sold in their gift shop:

I wish I could send it to you for YOUR birthday -- perfect for you!

Image1.jpg

laurensmama

Shiny_Rock
Hello everyone, just saw a photo (sorry can't attach it) of Queen Margarethe attending the theater (Richard II play, I believe). Well dear Daisy, is wearing a tiara and necklace, I don't recall seeing before. It looks a little bit like turquoise, forgive me if it has been discussed before, but could someone refresh my memory/provide some info. Thanks, I know you won't let me down.

My vote is for Prince Michael of Kent speaking about royal jewels in the link provided. Can't wait to have some time to look at it.

laurensmama

Shiny_Rock
On second look at the photo, maybe they are emeralds? It must be the flash, some stones have a blue tint and some look green. Thanks

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
laurensmama|1323750232|3080285 said:
Hello everyone, just saw a photo (sorry can't attach it) of Queen Margarethe attending the theater (Richard II play, I believe). Well dear Daisy, is wearing a tiara and necklace, I don't recall seeing before. It looks a little bit like turquoise, forgive me if it has been discussed before, but could someone refresh my memory/provide some info. Thanks, I know you won't let me down.

My vote is for Prince Michael of Kent speaking about royal jewels in the link provided. Can't wait to have some time to look at it.

Hmmm... I know the Danish Queen is/was in London (doing the usual Christmas shopping, perhaps) and that she attended the theter play (Shakespeare's Richard II, indeed). There are also photos showing HM with her youngest sister, The Queen of Greece. But did she really wear a tiara for the play? I don't think a regular act would be that dressy. I know that at least one on-line eddition (the Daily Telegraph?) covers Margrethe II's presence there, but the photo they used was actually from the New Year's gala in early January, when she wore the emerald parure from the Danish Crown Jewels. Maybe you're talking about this photo, which was only used to show the person in question?

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
I've been wondering about these earrings and have wonted to ask about them since before the Nobels this year, but I didn't have the time. Now (thanks to the documantary) we know that they are menat to be worn with the large pear-shaped diamonds from the Brazilian inheritance as drops. But has The Queen ever worn these earrings sine her first Nobel prize ceremony in 1976? I certainly don't remember seeing them since and 35 years seems like quite a lot of time of laying in a jewellery box. Any information?
CH_00708.jpg

Bobby

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Happy birthday to you!
Happy birthday to you!
Happy birthday dear Bobby
Happy birthday to you!
:appl:

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
prince.of.preslav|1323735204|3080097 said:
What a lovely picture, Lady Maria!

Thank you Bobby!

And that diamond set... Is it one of the treasure that was locked in your parents' vault?
Uhhhh...sure! ;-) It's been in the family for generations!

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
JewelFreak|1323738413|3080147 said:
Happy birthday, Bobby! Many more wonderful ones to come! I look forward to watching the documentary of your link.

And Lady Maria, you beautiful tiara'd noblewoman: in looking at the Swedish royal court website, I found this, sold in their gift shop:

I wish I could send it to you for YOUR birthday -- perfect for you!

That is such a cute key chain!

Birthdays...oh birthdays...I will hit the big 40 in April... :blackeye:

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Then you really do deserve a Crown. Not a tiara, a real Crown. Solid gold if possible, right?

(Actually, I really like that keychain & wouldn't mind having it myself!)

--- Laurie

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
LadyMaria|1323810723|3080735 said:
That is such a cute key chain!

Birthdays...oh birthdays...I will hit the big 40 in April... :blackeye:

I think this round birthday deserves a special evening with all female guests in long dresses and tiaras (optional).
Maybe you'll get a new tiara for the occasion? I think that something with coloured stones would be a nice addition (didn't you say you like the Duchess of Angoulême's emerald and diamond tiara?).

PS:Nice key chain. I wouldn't mind having one.

Bobby

siddlepit

Rough_Rock
HI,

Thanks a lot for such a excellent forum post. I have gone through all the posting content and

found it is very informative. Lots of good posts in this one! .I knew lots of new things . I found some good quality image with this posting.

regarding excellent jewelry.

Thanks again for posting.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Part two of the Royal Jewels documentary is now on-line. You can enjoy it here - http://www.dr.dk/nu/player/#/de-kongelige-juveler/25926

The focus in this one is on Russian jewlels, those by Faberje and Bolin in particular. There are many rare photos of Maria Pavlovna and Alexandra Feodorovna, as well as footage from Nicholas II's Coronation. I have the feeling that in the second part there's more family story, than story of the jewels, but nevertheless it is very interesting and glittering. I think it's a pity that they didn't talk about the Greek jewels - Prince Michael could've talked about his grandmother's jewels and it woul'd ve been quite intersitng to hear these their story from an expert and a person who's seen them on many occasions, but this was going to make the programme too long and that's why they were omitted, I suppose.
I was surpised to see that so much was said about the Yusupov family and jewels. Certainly it's a joy to see the catalogue of the family's jewels.
On another note it was very sad to see the visually moved Prince Michael talking about the escape of the Russian Imperial family on board HMS Marlborough.

I hope you'll enjoy this one and I'd like to see what you think.

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Here are two rather interesting photos (jewellery-wise) showing Princess Lilian of Sweden covered with jewels. The reason why I think the pix are interesting is because they shw her wearing the four button tiara and I dare say HRH looks quite nice with it, perhaps the only person on whom I really like it.
In this photograph it almost looks like a floral headband:
SC222279.jpg

In this one we can see HRH Duchess of Halland (together with The Duke) with the Four button tiara, her own pearl and diamond choker and what looks like Queen Victoria's collet necklace with the Vasa diamond. HRH's also wearing the smaller pair of pear-shaped pearls, her large pearl bracelet and two smaller ones, also a brooch.
213948.jpg

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Looking at this picture from The King of Sweden's 50th birthday, one can see both The Grand Duchess and The Hereditary Grand Duchess wearing sapphire and diamond jewes. While their tiaras, necklaces and earrings are all familiar to me, I have a hard time identifiing the brooches TRH wear. Both brooches appear to be in sapphires and diamond, but I can't tell more that that. Would anybody here happen to have a better photo from the event, or another photo of the broochs?
115116370.jpg
http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/n...v-of-sweden-in-stockholm-news-photo/115116370

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
prince.of.preslav|1324251065|3084190 said:
Here are two rather interesting photos (jewellery-wise) showing Princess Lilian of Sweden covered with jewels. The reason why I think the pix are interesting is because they shw her wearing the four button tiara and I dare say HRH looks quite nice with it, perhaps the only person on whom I really like it.
In this photograph it almost looks like a floral headband:
SC222279.jpg

Bobby

I like this way of wearing the buttons much better. Like you Bobby, I've never been a fan of them. I don't think the added rivere to the six button that CP Victoria to the Nobel Prizes was any improvement...seems like they just keep adding things to make it look better and it doesn't work. The floral headband idea is much more attractive!

laurensmama

Shiny_Rock
Catherine at the "Millies" with Prince William and Prince Harry. Finally some new jewels. Can't get a pic to post, thoughts anyone?? And can someone maybe post a close-up? Information I have read said they were received as wedding gifts, wish we knew who gave them to her.

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
laurensmama|1324329891|3084778 said:
Catherine at the "Millies" with Prince William and Prince Harry. Finally some new jewels. Can't get a pic to post, thoughts anyone?? And can someone maybe post a close-up? Information I have read said they were received as wedding gifts, wish we knew who gave them to her.

Here you can see The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Henry of Wales at the gala - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...es-strapless-velvet-gown-Military-Awards.html.
The necklace is rather nice, though I must say it's a tad too modern for my taste (I would've loved it without the ruby/diamond fringes). I also wonder who might've given it to Catherine? The Sultan of Brunei is a natural choice, as is the Saudi Arabian royal family.
On another note - That hair is killing me. What a pitty that the otherways beautiful hair covered the jewels, when they had to shine... And when you think of all the good examples The Duchess could learn from... I think I'm going to write to TRH's household in the near future!

Bobby

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
prince.of.preslav|1324333745|3084838 said:
laurensmama|1324329891|3084778 said:

Here you can see The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Henry of Wales at the gala - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...es-strapless-velvet-gown-Military-Awards.html.
The necklace is rather nice, though I must say it's a tad too modern for my taste (I would've loved it without the ruby/diamond fringes). I also wonder who might've given it to Catherine? The Sultan of Brunei is a natural choice, as is the Saudi Arabian royal family.
On another note - That hair is killing me. What a pitty that the otherways beautiful hair covered the jewels, when they had to shine... And when you think of all the good examples The Duchess could learn from... I think I'm going to write to TRH's household in the near future!

Bobby

She's finally wearing some nice jewelry. There's a matching bracelet, and I'm wondering what the stone are, pink sapphires perhaps???? I wish we could also see them, as her hair is always in her face.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
LadyMaria|1324332817|3084827 said:
I haven't been able to get any pictures to post today either. Here's a link that has pictures

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2076265/The-belle-ball-Kate-Middleton-shines-strapless-velvet-gown-Military-Awards.html

The dress reminds me of the dress that Diana wore for her first appearance after the engagement was announced. The top is similar, but Catherine's dress is fitted while Diana's was a full skirt.

I had the same thought, Maria! It's also intersting to note (for me at least) is that both Lady Diana and The Duchess of Cambridge wore new to them necklaces.

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
LadyMaria|1324309428|3084529 said:
I like this way of wearing the buttons much better. Like you Bobby, I've never been a fan of them. I don't think the added rivere to the six button that CP Victoria to the Nobel Prizes was any improvement...seems like they just keep adding things to make it look better and it doesn't work. The floral headband idea is much more attractive!

Well, there is difference between the two button tiaras, Maria, and I bet you know that. While it's possible to wear the smaller, four button tiara, like a headband (especially with puffy hair, like Pss Lilian's), it's impossible to wear the larger one like that, or at least it'd be a complete disaster. It's also worth mentioning that the Four button tiara ows its appearence entirely on the wearer's hair. Perhaps the only two ladies that have ever looked respectable in it are Princess Birgitta and her aunt.

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
And while still discussing Swedish royal jewelsand ladies - the other day I came across this photo of The Crown Princess & The Duke of Västergötland and I can't help but wonder - is this a new official portrait od the young royal colple or just a photo with a nice background?
8d07f1661df02dcd.png

ausiegem

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,
I have not been on this site for a while but happened to accidently find this jewel that belonged to Alfred the great - an English King from the 9th century. Thought It was interesting and worth a mention on this forum. Sorry there is some thing not working right with my uploader so The link is: http://www.mirror.org/ken.roberts/alfred.jewel.html

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
prince.of.preslav|1324333745|3084838 said:
That hair is killing me. What a pitty that the otherways beautiful hair covered the jewels, when they had to shine... And when you think of all the good examples The Duchess could learn from... I think I'm going to write to TRH's household in the near future!

Bobby
Definitely, Bobby! I wanted to sweep it out of the way. I read that Kate's favorite hairdresser has left the firm she uses & that Camilla is working on her to try the hairdresser she (Camilla) uses. Please! Please! Possibly the DoC feels the same way we do about Kate's hair. Yes, it's pretty & shiny & thick but would still be, in a more updated style.

On the documentary -- what a treat both parts of it were! I liked the family slant on the jewels -- they are, as Queen Margarethe said, a way to follow history through their people. Prince Michael's story struck me -- about the IF giving jewels to the monks in Tobolsk to hide & that they are possibly still hidden somewhere. I'm sure the monks would have put them somewhere very secret -- however, in the chaos of the revolution, and considering the Soviets broke up so many pieces afterward, it's probably impossible to trace what hasn't shown up. So we may never know whether it's true or not; they could have been stolen, too. It's wonderful to dream that a cache of spectacular Romanov jewels may surface someday.

--- Laurie

P.S. I think the photo of P.V. and Daniel must be a new one; she is obviously pregnant in it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results