2h8ab6w.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
sofia and letiza with the emerald necklace

2s0mlqg.jpg

11agwhk.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
what kind of broosch dos elena wear here?

16ay529.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
can someonetell me more about princess mathildes of belgium wedding tiara

bruid.jpg

fogdancer

Shiny_Rock
that tiara belongs to Queen Paola and they don't share tiaras

queenpaola.jpg

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Josefine said:
and even a better photo

Victoria's brooch appears to be costume, but I like it!

She is so radiant since she got married.

Lori

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
LadyMaria said:
Another picture from Crown Princess Mary's trip to Germany. I love the earrings here! Not so sure about the big gold bracelets though.

Hi MJ! :wavey:

Where are you finding these photos of Mary? They are so in love!

Lori

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Josefine said:
sofia and letiza with the emerald necklace

We shall also mention that Her Majesty and Her Royal Highness are also wearing the same earrings and tiara ;-)

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Josefine said:
can someonetell me more about princess mathildes of belgium wedding tiara

This lovely (IMO) Art Deco bandeau was made for Queen Elizabeth of Belgium and was given to her daughter-in-law Queen Astrid when her second son and current monarch Albert was born in 1934. After Queen Astrid's death in 1935 Albert inherited the bandeau, but it was once worn by his step mother Lilian. Untill Albert beacme King in 1993, it was Princess Paola's only diamond tiara (if we don't count a small convert. necklace). It converts into a choker.

Bobby

bandeauqueenelizabethbelgium.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
loriken214 said:
LadyMaria said:
Another picture from Crown Princess Mary's trip to Germany. I love the earrings here! Not so sure about the big gold bracelets though.

Lori

They are out of Hello! Magazine...www.hellomagazine.com/royalty

There are more pictures there! I only posted ones here that showed the jewels well. Enjoy!

robinj

Shiny_Rock
While on the subject on fake jewellery;

What about these earrings?
I've seen them on another occasion and I assumed that they where fake, but since she wore them on the day before her wedding, it makes me wonder that they might be real. In that case I think that they might have a history? They seem a bit too big for money these days.

Crown+Princess+Victoria+Daniel+Westling+Pre+ftO2RZzaZ-Fl.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Hi Robin!

They are real, there's no doubt! And the fact that HRH wore them at her pre-wedding dinner and concert is just one of the indicateurs. On the RJWMB it was said that these jewels are very old (dating from the Vasa dynasty IIRC) but were originally something else (epaulets come to mind).They have left the main line of the Bernadotte family long ago and it was suggested that they were bought back by The King (sth he's done before) for his daughter. A photo and the story of the earrings/original jewels is to be found in the magazine Point de Vue.

Here's a close up - http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture/picture/prev/20829045.jpg

Bobby

robinj

Shiny_Rock
Thank you Bobby!
That would sure explain allot!

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
robinj said:
While on the subject on fake jewellery;

What about these earrings?
I've seen them on another occasion and I assumed that they where fake, but since she wore them on the day before her wedding, it makes me wonder that they might be real. In that case I think that they might have a history? They seem a bit too big for money these days.

when did you see them last
i mean before victoria worn them june 18th

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
prince.of.preslav said:
Hi Robin!

They are real, there's no doubt! And the fact that HRH wore them at her pre-wedding dinner and concert is just one of the indicateurs. On the RJWMB it was said that these jewels are very old (dating from the Vasa dynasty IIRC) but were originally something else (epaulets come to mind).They have left the main line of the Bernadotte family long ago and it was suggested that they were bought back by The King (sth he's done before) for his daughter. A photo and the story of the earrings/original jewels is to be found in the magazine Point de Vue.

Here's a close up - http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture/picture/prev/20829045.jpg

Bobby
do you got scans of that story in Point de Vue?

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
You're welcome, Robin!

Josefine, no, I don't have this megazine or scans from it. Saddly, such magazines aren't spread here. But I guess if you ask of the RJWMB (as that's where I know about this) someone can help you (us) with scans or more info.

Bobby

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
LadyMaria said:
loriken214 said:
LadyMaria said:

Lori

They are out of Hello! Magazine...www.hellomagazine.com/royalty

There are more pictures there! I only posted ones here that showed the jewels well. Enjoy!

YIPPEE...thank you MJ!!!

Lori

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Hi all!
I was wondering if someone can help me about this Norwegian choker. All I know about it is that it used to belong to Queen Alexandra (see link). The only two times I've seen it worn by Queen Sonja she was in London - Golden wedding of EII & DoE and Prince Charles' 60th birthday gala. SoQueen Alexandra must have given/left it to Queen Maud. But are there any photos of her or her daughter-in-law, Crown Princess Martha, wearing it?

Link - http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/ad/Daughters_of_King_Christian_IX_-2_-cropped.JPG

11206455.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
loriken214 said:
Josefine said:
and even a better photo

Victoria's brooch appears to be costume, but I like it!

She is so radiant since she got married.

Lori

Probably, but even Princess Diana sometimes wore costume jewelry. It is very pretty, and she looks stunning in that two piece suit.

alexander1917

Shiny_Rock
HM named to-day new Cunard liner "QUEEN ELIZABETH"

105188275.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
I'm glad to see the Jardine star brooch worn again, especially for this special occasion. Although it's one of HM's favourites, it hasn't been worn much lately.

Here's an article with a video from the naming of the new "Queen Elizabeth" - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-11510098

ETA - It is common to present the "godmother" of a new ship with a jewel. Once Princess Anne even got a tiara (IIRC from Cunard). Do you think The Queen got a new sparkling brooch, bracelet or another jewel today?

Bobby

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
prince.of.preslav said:
ETA - It is common to present the "godmother" of a new ship with a jewel. Once Princess Anne even got a tiara (IIRC from Cunard). Do you think The Queen got a new sparkling brooch, bracelet or another jewel today?

Bobby

What tiara did Princess Anne get for naming a new ship? Did she ever wear it? Does anyone have a picture?

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful sapphires (& tons more!) sale at Christies. The parure was made by Mauawad. The bracelet's center stone, 180.86 cts, say Christies, is the finest cabochon sugarloaf of that size ever to come to auction. (I wouldn't imagine there's much competition for that title!) It is at least a couple of centuries old & Christies say that it must have been part of an earlier European royal collection -- though they don't say whose.

DANNY -- in the audio blurb on this collection, the head of Christies Jewelry used "parure," "set" & "suite" interchangeably. He did note the difference between a demi-parure & a full parure; also that initially a parure consisted of 3 matching items or more but in Victorian times was expanded to mean a bigger amount of stuff.

--- Laurie

26.12ctKashmir.jpg

131ct.CeylonMauawad.jpg

Mauawad180.86ct.jpg

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
The rest of the parure, earrings & watch, also Mauawad. This auction has 40 parures -- and I do mean the whole enchilada -- plus other pieces. In Dubai. Don't know who is selling it, but they really cleaned out the closets!

--- Laurie

Roberge(Mauawad).jpg

32.85twt.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results