shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Foud a photo in my files of some Iranian Imperial jewels that shows Shahnaz's tiara and earrings on the left. Sorry, Laurie, but it's a tiara with 9 large cabochon emeralds.

0321544ls8.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
tourmaline_lover said:
Jewel Freak,
For those that do not know who Hedy Lamarr is ...

Thank you for the info and photo of Hedy Lamarr. The resemblance between her and Princess Fawzia is just striking.

dianab said:
This tiara belongs to her sister-in-law too?
Someone else of Royal Family used this tiara too?

No, Diana, this tiara doesn't belong to Princess Haya, or any other of Queen Rania's sisters in law. The one and only time a member of the royal family has used it was in 2006 in The Netherlands. Honestly, I'm not even sure if the tiara really belongs to The Queen (or The King) or if it was on loan from a jewellery house.

laurensmama said:
Does anyone have a close up of the tiara Rania borrows from her sister-in-law Haya? It is my favorite purely diamond tiara. Thanks

Hi, Laurensmama! This is the closest photo I have of Princess Haya wearing her mother's Cartier tiara. Not the best close-up, but I hope it helps. I also quite like this tiara.

Bobby

hayadtiarastuds.JPG

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
LadyMaria said:
Big news out of Denmark...Crown Prince Fredrick and Crown Princess Mary are expecting twins in January!

WOO HOO....AWESOME!!!!

Lori

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
JewelFreak said:
I came across this as I roamed around. Couldn't resist passing it on. Camilla in the QM's finery -- looks like she was playing in her mum's closet. Sorry, the devil made me say it.

Sorry, but this looks so WRONG to me! :nono: I just can't get used to Camilla wearing the QM's jewelry!

Lori

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Has Charles given Camilla anything substantial by way of jewelry? Is she using QM's only?

Lori

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
JewelFreak said:
I came across this as I roamed around. Couldn't resist passing it on. Camilla in the QM's finery -- looks like she was playing in her mum's closet. Sorry, the devil made me say it.

Why does she think we want to see her cleavage? Please, please, no more cleavage, wear all the jewels, call yourself the Queen of England, just please no more cleavage. :errrr:

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
loriken214 said:
Has Charles given Camilla anything substantial by way of jewelry? Is she using QM's only?

Lori

Yes, The Prince of Wales has presented his wife with some nice necklaces. Among the jewels that are believed to be his presents are a necklace with diamonds and aquamarines, one with amethysts and diamonds. The Prince has also bought Camilla a necklace/tiara with real diamonds and synthetic rubies that has belonged to her ancesor Alice Keppel. There are also earrings to match. For her first wedding anniversary partrait Camilla wore a modern diamond neckace and earrings, maybe another gift from her beloved husband. The Duchess of Cornwall also has a diamond PoW feather brooch with a black pearl.

Bobby

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Haha!! Danny, I had exactly the same thought looking at that photo! No no no no more, PLEASE!!!!!!!

Bobby, I saw a photo with a gorgeous suite of sapphires yesterday but there were so many up already I didn't keep it. Will see if I can locate it again today.

The tiara on Haya looks just lovely -- her hair is perfect for it in that pic, it's just the right size for her & so graceful. Can't say the same of Camilla -- this has nothing to do with personality etc., but the honeycomb tiara is simply too big for her head. She should remove a tier or better yet, wear something else.

--- Laurie

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
prince.of.preslav said:
The Duchess of Cornwall also has a diamond PoW feather brooch with a black pearl.

Bobby

I remember when she first wore that brooch there was a bit of an uproar. People thought he'd given her Diana's feather brooch but the Palace confirmed that it was not the same one.

--- Laurie

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
JewelFreak said:
prince.of.preslav said:
The Duchess of Cornwall also has a diamond PoW feather brooch with a black pearl.

Bobby

I remember when she first wore that brooch there was a bit of an uproar. People thought he'd given her Diana's feather brooch but the Palace confirmed that it was not the same one.

--- Laurie

Laurie, you're mixing up the brooches. The one you're talikng about is a diamonds PoW feathers in diamond frame with an emerald drop. It was given to Diana by QEQM as a wedding present and it has been a wedding present to Queen Alexandra from the Ladies of Bristol. And there are rumours that the the brooch worn by Camilla also belonged to Queen Elizabeth but was a copy of QA's made for Queen Mary. Or vise versa. And the difference in the brooches is clear - one has small emeralds between the diamonds in the frame (Camilla's), while the other is only diamonds.
While the brooch I'm talking about is quite diferent - only the three plumes and a black pearl with diamond surmount. This is one of the PoW brooches Charles has given to various women.

610jkcghjx.jpg

7283192611.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
I was quite wrong in my previous post - obviously both brooches have tiny emerlads between the the diamonds surounding the plums. Still I'm not quite sure that there's only brooch and I hope we'll see them side by side in the years to come.

PS: JewelFreak, I hope you can re-find this site with the Iranian sapphires. This really intrigued me.
Bobby

cupdianaemn.jpg

dianab

Rough_Rock
prince.of.preslav said:
tourmaline_lover said:
Jewel Freak,
For those that do not know who Hedy Lamarr is ...

Thank you for the info and photo of Hedy Lamarr. The resemblance between her and Princess Fawzia is just striking.

dianab said:
This tiara belongs to her sister-in-law too?
Someone else of Royal Family used this tiara too?

No, Diana, this tiara doesn't belong to Princess Haya, or any other of Queen Rania's sisters in law. The one and only time a member of the royal family has used it was in 2006 in The Netherlands. Honestly, I'm not even sure if the tiara really belongs to The Queen (or The King) or if it was on loan from a jewellery house.

Bobby
Thanks for answer, but are you sure it was a loan from a jewellery house?
Rania used jewellery of her mother-in-law?

gracecaro62.jpg

gracecaro63mcalls.jpg

gracecarofixeshairfeb65.jpg

gracecarofabiolaoct73.jpg

dianab

Rough_Rock
Princess Grace Patricia Kelly Grimaldi

gracecarogarden79activa.jpg

GraceDarkHair.jpg

gracediamondcoat.jpg

GraceKelly00000.jpg

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Bobby, I know the PoW brooches aren't the same -- all I meant was that when Camilla first was seen wearing hers, the tabloids went nuts, saying Charles had given her the one Diana wore. The Palace demonstrated that it was a different one. Should have explained myself more clearly. They never really looked alike & even Charles, out in the ozone as he sometimes is, would not have been that insensitive.

Ok, help me here on the sapphires. Here are the photos I mentioned. Tell me what you think. Or is the color just weird due to the flash on the camera? Or am I blind, very possible.

FarahSapphires.jpg

2630609660094285158sfuzfj5.jpg

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Here is the emerald tiara. Is it the same one? Could stones be exchanged in it?

jewelsprincessshahnazti.jpg

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Somebody mentioned more pics of Farah et al. I love these -- how beautiful she was! I think we can all agree these are turquoises!

farah4.jpg

Q-1971.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
dianab said:
Thanks for answer, but are you sure it was a loan from a jewellery house?
Rania used jewellery of her mother-in-law?

Diana, I was only speculating that the tiara doesn't belong to The Queen or The King of Jordan. And as you know it's not unusual for royals (and for commoners) to borrow jewels from jewellery houses. That's all I wrote.
I don't know for sure if Queen Rania usues jewels from her mother in-law but I'd say no. Princess Muna, mother of King Abdulah, is very much alive and and no of the jewels I've seen her wearing I've seen on Rania.

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
JewelFreak said:
Bobby, I know the PoW brooches aren't the same -- all I meant was that when Camilla first was seen wearing hers, the tabloids went nuts, saying Charles had given her the one Diana wore. The Palace demonstrated that it was a different one. Should have explained myself more clearly. They never really looked alike & even Charles, out in the ozone as he sometimes is, would not have been that insensitive.

I know what you meant. But remeber that here there are other posters that may not know the things we know. ;-)

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
JewelFreak said:
Ok, help me here on the sapphires. Here are the photos I mentioned. Tell me what you think. Or is the color just weird due to the flash on the camera? Or am I blind, very possible.

Gret photos, Laurie! But the stones are most defiantely emeralds. This tiara is said to have been The Shahbanou's favourite and is another Harry Winston creation. Bellow is a photo of the tiara and links with info about it and the necklace. It's different from the tiara worn by The Shah's eldest daughter.
The sapphire brooch you mention is actually the breast star of her order. Not a sapphire but blue enamel.

http://www.royal-magazin.de/persia/farah-emerald-parure.htm
http://www.royal-magazin.de/persia/farah-emerald-diamond-tiara.htm

DSirCF0029.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
JewelFreak said:
Here is the emerald tiara. Is it the same one? Could stones be exchanged in it?

That's the tiara that Princess Shahnaz wore on some photos from yesterday. In a group photo of some Iranian jewels I posted it of the left side.

Bobby

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
I stand corrected, Bobby, thanks for the info. Will look at your links tomorrow, this has been a most frustrating day. Sick dog, got to make an appt. for an ultrasound of her gut tomorrow. To tell the truth, I hate both those tiaras anyhow! They don't strike me as graceful or enhancing the beauty of the wearer at all. Flash light must show the emeralds as blue.

=== Laurie

laurensmama

Shiny_Rock
Saw a photo today of a tiara referred to as Queen Mary's Diamond Loop Tiara. Have not seen pictures of anyone wearing except for Queen Alexandria. Does anyone know anything about it? I assume it is still in the vaults. Said it was a loop, flower and leaf motive was 103 carets in total weight. Does anyone have a more recent picture or more information on it?

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Something I've been wondering about- maybe someone here can help me understand this.

Who has the greatest collection of jewels in the world?

Am I right to think that the candidates would be the Iranians and the UK?

Who has the most/ best- overall?

Thoughts?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Imdanny said:
Something I've been wondering about- maybe someone here can help me understand this.

Who has the greatest collection of jewels in the world?

Am I right to think that the candidates would be the Iranians and the UK?

Who has the most/ best- overall?

Thoughts?

It depends on what particular gem I would think. I know the Saudi royals are into collecting rare colored diamonds like reds, greens, blues, and in that regard, they might. Overall? I don't know.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Imdanny said:
JewelFreak said:

Why does she think we want to see her cleavage? Please, please, no more cleavage, wear all the jewels, call yourself the Queen of England, just please no more cleavage. :errrr:

Are you kidding, I wish they would block out her face!! I rather look at her cleavage. Maybe she's trying to draw attention away from her face. LOL! I know, I know, I'm mean, but it is quite shocking to be looking at all these beautiful photos of Grace Kelly, Fawzia, Caroline, and then :errrr: Camilla. I know not all royals are beautiful, but I cannot see anything at all attractive about the woman, and absolutely no amount of jewels help. Slap my hand, sorry, had to get that off my chest.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
tourmaline_lover said:
Imdanny said:
JewelFreak said:

Are you kidding, I wish they would block out her face!! I rather look at her cleavage. Maybe she's trying to draw attention away from her face. LOL! I know, I know, I'm mean, but it is quite shocking to be looking at all these beautiful photos of Grace Kelly, Fawzia, Caroline, and then :errrr: Camilla. I know not all royals are beautiful, but I cannot see anything at all attractive about the woman, and absolutely no amount of jewels help. Slap my hand, sorry, had to get that off my chest.

No reason to be sorry! Since we're going to have a royals/ royal jewels thread we should say what we really think about Camilla! :Up_to_something:

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
tourmaline_lover said:

TL, you're a stitch! Doubt you'll get many arguments here. Especially dripping with jewels as in the photo above w/honeycome tiara & QEQM's necklace -- just does not suit her at all. At all!

Laurensmama, is this the Diamon Loop Tiara you meant? Made for Queen Mary by Boucheron in 1902 while she was Princess of Wales. It's listed on one site as "not having been seen in many years; possibly broken up to make other pieces."

--- Laurie

MaryTiaraLoop.jpeg

DiamondLoopMary.jpeg

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Bobby, to return for a second to Farah's emerald parure -- the necklace is absolutely beautiful, but to me the shape of the tiara's lower edge is awkward. She wears it well, but she'd look good in a paper bag. Not too graceful on some other women who wear them with that line. Personal opinion, of course. The emeralds are to drool.

-- Laurie

laurensmama

Shiny_Rock
Yes that is it. Was wondering if anyone else knew anything more about it. It just looked so different, hope it has not been broken up.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results