shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

alexander1917

Shiny_Rock
oh yes what for a big surprise. but I like it really.

Munn, isn't totally concentrated on the british gems. but HM owns still onw of the larges collections of jewels.

The only occasions to see great splendour in those days are only weddings (when in the afternoon like Sweden) or a State Visit. and for me, a brooch or necklace which dusted years in the vaults and came to light again - like the DD Tiara is such a joy to see. And "worn" its 1000 times better than behind glass in a museum.

HM is really wounderful. she can wear every colour. thats so amazing, her pastels are as good as this red dress. GREAT!!!

alexander1917

Shiny_Rock
a bit of searching helped.
here HM wore the Indian Emerald Brooch for the First time ever.

good-bye of Saudi Arabia Visit 1. Nov. 07

indie emerald brooch 2_600x600_100KB.jpg

neil31uk

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/1/2010 1:23:03 PM
Author: prince.of.preslav
Queen Victoria wearing her emerald necklace, brooch and earrings with the emerlad tiara designed by Prince Albert:

the tiara in question link

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/30/2010 7:32:56 PM
Author: alexander1917

Date: 6/30/2010 12:25:39 PM

Date: 6/30/2010 11:55:38 AM
Author: neil31uk

I think it has been altered, it seems to be at more of an angle now. Also, the culinan diamond and the emeralds were all removed so maybe is was more tiara-like when that work was done. I would love to see it restored and used by Camila as a diadem if she does become the Princess Consort.

Neil, The Culinan diamonds and the Cambridge emeralds were removed long, long ago when Queen Mary still owned the diademe and at that time it was still a full circlet. Furthermore, Culinan IV was only an option to wear instead of the central diamond section (used now). Queen Elizabeth, The Queen Mother alterd the tiara at least once - she removed the diamond band on top.

Queen Mary wering the Delhi Durbar tiara with the Culinan IV (center), the diamond band and the Cambridge emeralds (spikes) - Photo

Bobby
That''s true. Queen Mary altered the Dehli Durbar Tiara after she bought the Vladimir Tiara (Pearldrops) there she altered this that she can wear it with the pearls (original) or with the Cambrige emeralds (which were set before on the Dehli Tiara). The Cambrige Emeralds have their own story. But Queen Mary mixed those with the emeralds she received from India.
The Diamond on the necklace (from the Ladies of India) is the one which Edward VII gave Queen Alexandra from the Cullinan.

and of course Munn''s book is a kind of ''bible'' but it contains ALL tiaras which were on shown at the V&A some years ago.

this year at the BP oping will be the Vladimir tiara with pearls on display.
Look at Mary....she LOVED her jewelry!

Lori

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/1/2010 11:07:36 PM
Author: loriken214

Look at Mary....she LOVED her jewelry!

Lori

And I love her jewellery collection! Another jewellery collector an well-know wearer whose collection I love is the late Queen Mother.

Here''s another Mary with very nice jewels - The Crown Princess of Denmark.
Yesterday Mary and her children Prince Christian and Princess Isabella watched the premiere of Cirkus Summarum at the Amager Strandpark, Copenhagen:

MCI_DK_Cirkus Summarum .jpeg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Crown Princess Mary wore a double sapphire pendant (one light blue & one pink), given to her by The Queen at the christening of Princess Isabella.

Is it really a sapphire jewel? Given the colour, they can be topazes.

MaryDKCirkus Summarum .jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Greetings from Bora Bora!

Hope they''re having a great time there despite the wind.

victoria-daniel-westling1.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
OMG!!! Lady Maria, try not to faint! I psted a photo of Queen Elizabeth II''s day 2 in Canad, but just now I noticed the rest of the outfit. HM''s wearing bows on the sleeves and pockets of her coat. They match the sapphire bow of the brooch and look quite nice, but look at the nex page...

102529632.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
...The dress below the coat had plenty of bows...perhaps even more than Mabel's wedding dress had! They give the impression of a Dalmatian, don't they?

Photo courtesy MadHatery:

2010-0629-britain-elizabeth.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/2/2010 11:56:19 AM
Crown Princess Mary wore a double sapphire pendant (one light blue & one pink), given to her by The Queen at the christening of Princess Isabella.

Is it really a sapphire jewel? Given the colour, they can be topazes.

I''ll throw out another possibility: could it be tanzanite?

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/2/2010 5:09:46 PM
...The dress below the coat had plenty of bows...perhaps even more than Mabel''s wedding dress had! They give the impression of a Dalmatian, don''t they?

Oh Your Majesty...this outfit is a miss! This is bow-verdosed! Please ma''am, do not start using Mabel of Orange as a fashion icon!

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
The Princess royal hosted a garden party at Buckingham Palace for her 60th birthday (15th August). HRH wore her short three row pearl necklace with the clasp in front and a diamond flower brooch - Photo

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
MJ, you didn't faint!

Today The Queen met Liberal Leader Michael Ignatieff at Rideau Hall and wore the Cambridge pearl brooch and a lovely flower print dress:

queen_ignatiell_100702.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/2/2010 5:13:43 PM
Author: LadyMaria

...The dress below the coat had plenty of bows...perhaps even more than Mabel''s wedding dress had! They give the impression of a Dalmatian, don''t they?

Oh Your Majesty...this outfit is a miss! This is bow-verdosed! Please ma''am, do not start using Mabel of Orange as a fashion icon!

LOL Isn''t Mabel living in London? Honestly, I think Mabel should take a lesson from Lilibet.

BTW, I think that one of her dresses that was not a fashion disister was the one she wore ot King''s Harald 70th birthday gala. I''ll try to find a photo.

Bobby

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/2/2010 5:18:10 PM
MJ, you didn''t faint!

No, but my little princess came in asking, "Mommy what wrong?" when she heard the loud "GASP" come from the office!!

The coat I could live with. The dress is a different story.

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/2/2010 5:37:30 PM

LOL Isn''t Mabel living in London? Honestly, I think Mabel should take a lesson from Lilibet.

Bobby

Yes, Mabel and Friso live in London. Both of their girls were born in London. I''ve never heard it say that they are in "exile" but they sure don''t seem to go back to the Netherlands often.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/1/2010 12:28:19 PM

Date: 6/30/2010 8:51:15 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Does anyone have a good photo of the earrings that Crown Princess Victoria was wearing to her pre-wedding concert? They looked lush!

As close as possible. On RJWMB it was cmomented that these jewels date back to 1770 and haven''t been seen since a long time and that they''ve left the main line of the family long ago. Also on that board they said that perhaps The King has bought them back and that they were his wedding present to Victoria.
Thank you Bobby!!
Those earrings are gorgeous, and look as elegant and beautiful as they probably did back in the 18th century. That just goes to show you that great design is timeless.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/1/2010 3:46:47 PM
I'm a bit surprised that no one has posted about this yet...

Today would have been Diana, Princess of Wales' 49th birthday! She was a woman we'll never forget! May she rest in peace...
How sad she's not alive today. She had a glow about her, and was definitely one of a kind. RIP Diana.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

LMAO!!! It''s funny she decided to wear a dress of bows after we got done teasing about it on Mabel. I wish Mabel had one drop of the class, dignity and elegance HM has though.

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Testing...1....2....3....new pricescope working??

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Re:

[/quote]
How sad she's not alive today.  She had a glow about her, and was definitely one of a kind.  RIP Diana. [/quote]

I miss Princess Diana too. One thing: her hats were always wonderful! The Queen does pretty well too. But that hat of Princess Anne's at her birthday party -- looks like a mushroom! How CAN she be 60, time does fly.

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
It looks like we lost our discussion on Maxima and the pictures of Queen Sonja. They never told us what the cutoff was for posts that woudln't make it into the new system. :confused:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Actually they did say they would be migrating this weekend, so I assumed the posts would be cut off that were posted during the weekend. I lost a lot of stuff I wrote about in colored stones, my favorite subforum.

Well, all the more excuse to repost!! :bigsmile:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LadyMaria said:
It looks like we lost our discussion on Maxima and the pictures of Queen Sonja. They never told us what the cutoff was for posts that woudln't make it into the new system.

Well, by all means, repost! I don't want anything to be lost!

AGBF
:read:

alexander1917

Shiny_Rock
HM at the State Diner in Canada wearing
The Girls of Great Britain and Ireland Tiara
Queen Victoria's Collet Necklace without the Lahore Diamond drop
Queen Victoria's Household Brooch with the chain and Pearl
and
King George VI Modern cut earrings

102634629.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the photo, Alexander! It was very nice to see HM with a simple riviere and favourite brooch of her mother, Queen Elizabeth. But I must say that this isn't Queen Victoria's Collet necklace, the one worn with the Lahore diamond pendant. The necklace may have been QV's at a time. I don't know it's origins, but definitely it isn't the same as the one HM wore at the 1953 coronation. And actually Queen Victoria's collet necklace isn't worn without the pendant or the earrings often.
Also why do you call the earrings King George VI Modern cut earrings when they were a wedding gift from both The King & The Queen? Furthermore, as part of QEQM's inheritance from Mrs Ronald Greville, they are mostly known as the Greville (chandelier) earrings .

A photo without watermark:

10263462904.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Did you notice the maple leaf decorations on HM's right sleeve? This is very wise I must say! The decorations can be easily removed and replaced with others and again you have a unique dress. The previous time Elizabeth II wore this dress it had bird decorations in honour of Trinidad and Tobago (then she wore the fringe tiara for the second time in her life).

2010-070505.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
An old photo of The Queen wearing Queen Victoria's diamond collet necklace with the Lahore pendant and the earrings. As we can see, the stones in the necklace are far larger than the ones HM wore last night:

queen_vkfk1m.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
The Queen bidding goodbye to Canada. HM wore a large diamond flower brooch, first seen at last year's Ascot. She is also wearing something that looks like an insignia badge:

2010-0706-britain-elizabeth04.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Today The Queen adressed the UN in NY and visited ground zero. HM chose her aquamarine clips:

102660211.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results