shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Letizia and Felipe of Spain with their daughter Leonor on her first day of school. Leonor was recently voted most popular member of the RF with Queen Sofia second.

letiziafelipefamily.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Photo from summer of 2007 of Felipe holding Leonor and Letizia holding their new daughter Sofia. The boy is the son of one of the Infantas.

letiziafelipefamily1.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
The Crown Princely Family of Spain - like their British counter parts the Princes of Wales, the Crown Prince of Spain is known by his title of Prince of Asturias.

letiziafelipefamily2.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
This is a recent photo taken for the baptisim of their new daughter Sofia. Letizia is holding baby Sofia, Felipe is in the middle and Queen Sofia is holding Leonor.

Leonor will inherit unless a baby brother is born. In Spain boys still take precedence over girls.

letiziafelipefamily3.jpg

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Leonor is such a cutie but this thought came to mind....why is Leonor blond when both of her parents have dark hair?

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Since SDL likes Letizia''s gown here''s another photo from the same event. Queen Sofia with Felipe and Letizia. Isn''t it sweet that they hold hands even at a formal event? I think Letizia''s emeralds suit her well - she has hazel green eyes. The Spanish public in general doesn''t seem to have taken to Letizia. She was a tv journalist before her marriage. No one even knew she and Felipe were dating when suddenly an engagement was announced. There was potential trouble because Spain is a catholic country with a catholic monarchy and Letizia had been married and divorced before her marriage to Felipe. The potential conflict was resolved by the fact that Letizia''s first marriage only lasted a year and was never formalized with a church ceremony.

letiziaqueensofia2.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/15/2007 3:55:56 PM
Author: baby monster
Leonor is such a cutie but this thought came to mind....why is Leonor blond when both of her parents have dark hair?
I''ve always thought that was kind of funny as well. But I think that possibly the Infantas had blondish hair when young.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Many young children have blonde hair that darkens as they grow older. Some who have platinum hair as infants and toddlers will have brown hair as adults.

Deborah
34.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/15/2007 4:09:57 PM
Author: LadyAmythyst69

I''ve always thought that was kind of funny as well. But I think that possibly the Infantas had blondish hair when young.

We were cross posting. My husband phoned while I was composing my post. :) I am sure you can find some photos of the Infantas as children, Lady Amythyst, possibly as blonde children!

Deb ;-)
34.gif

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/15/2007 4:23:07 PM
Author: AGBF

Date: 11/15/2007 4:09:57 PM

We were cross posting. My husband phoned while I was composing my post. :) I am sure you can find some photos of the Infantas as children, Lady Amythyst, possibly as blonde children!

Deb ;-)
34.gif
The Queen of England and her duaghter Princess Anne were both very blond as children as well. There was a recent photo of Lady Louise Windsor (Sophie and Edward''s daughter). She is very blond and looks very much like the Queen did.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmm, interesting. I always thought that the eyes and hair get to their final color around 2 and Leonor seems to be around 4-5. I guess nature works differently for everyone!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is a picture of Princess Anne as a child. (It was easier to find one of her than of the Infanta Elena or the Infanta Cristina.) As you can see, she was quite blonde as a child although she is not now.

Deborah
34.gif

AnneChild1.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is another picture of Princess Anne as a child.

Deborah
34.gif

AnneChild2.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/15/2007 6:13:34 PM
Hmm, interesting. I always thought that the eyes and hair get to their final color around 2 and Leonor seems to be around 4-5. I guess nature works differently for everyone!
Actually Leonor was born in 2005 so she is between 2-3 right now. They send their kids to school very early in Spain.

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Here is that photo of Lady Louise Wessex and her mother Countess Sophie and a nanny looking out the window of Buckingham Palace. They were watching her Granny (Queen Elizabeth) leaving for the opening of parliament.

It is very very rare to see a photo of Louise. There have been no photocalls, or official photos issued since right after her birth. She had an eye defect which appears to have been corrected but I don''t think that is why she is kept out of the spotlight. I think Edward and Sophie have just decided that their children will have "normal" lives as much as possible.

Sophie''s new baby is due at the end of December.

Louise looks very much like her father and quite a bit like the Queen at that age.

countess_wessex_louise.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
This is a photo that was taken of Edward, Sophie and baby Louise leaving the hospital. At the time Sophie indicated that she thought Louise looked like her father and I think she was right!

sophieedwardfamily.jpg

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
she looks like her mom.....I think so anyways...

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
This is the only family photocall that they ever held. There were only a few photos issued from this sitting & I think they were all taken by Prince Andrew.

sophieedwardfamily1.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s one of the Queen with Andrew and Edward as children. I think you can see the similarities to Lousie - especially around the eyes. The Queen is wearing a brooch containing some of the Cambridge Emeralds. This brooch used to be part of a huge diamond and emerald stomacher that was worn by Queen Mary. The stomacher was separated into several pieces in 1897.

queenandrewedward.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Black and white but you can still see how light the Queen''s hair was as a child. Here she is a Princess Elizabeth with her beloved corgis - who continue to terrorize the staff at the palace to this day!

princesselizabeth.jpg

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That brooch looks lovely. What is a stomacher?

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s another showing Princess Anne''s light hair. Look how much she looks like Louise in this photo!

princessanneasachild.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/15/2007 8:13:31 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady

Date: 11/15/2007 7:36:45 PM
Here is that photo of Lady Louise Wessex and her mother Countess Sophie and a nanny looking out the window of Buckingham Palace. They were watching her Granny (Queen Elizabeth) leaving for the opening of parliament.

It is very very rare to see a photo of Louise. There have been no photocalls, or official photos issued since right after her birth. She had an eye defect which appears to have been corrected but I don''t think that is why she is kept out of the spotlight. I think Edward and Sophie have just decided that their children will have ''normal'' lives as much as possible.

Louise looks very much like her father and quite a bit like the Queen at that age.
What a fabulous photo. She''s darling.. and.. I love that they want to have normalcy for their children.. good for them.
I''m really hoping for a good end to this pregnancy for Sophie - along with hopefully more family photos of Louise and the new baby.

Sophie had an ectopic pregnancy in 2001 and had to undergo a long operation. It is believed that she lost one of her fallopian tubes at that time so she had a difficult time becoming pregnant again. With baby Louise Sophie nearly lost her life. She collapsed at their home at Bagshot Park and suffered massive bleeding from placental abruption (where the placenta tears away from the uterine wall). Louise was born prematurely by emergency c-section. Both of them nearly didn''t make it. So I''m really keeping my fingers crossed this time! So far so good though....

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/15/2007 8:29:36 PM

Date: 11/15/2007 8:18:31 PM
A stomacher is essentially a massive brooch that is worn pinned down the front of a dress. Queen Alexandra and Queen Mary were famous for wearing them. Here is a link to a page with a picture of one of Queen Mary''s stomachers:

http://www.royalcollection.org.uk/microsites/royalwedding1947/object.asp?row=9&exhibs=GIFTROYAL&grouping=
Here''s a photo of it - I forgot I had it!
Wow, what an intricate design. Hard to tell the dimensions from the picture but the piece seems massive.

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/15/2007 8:30:36 PM

Date: 11/15/2007 8:26:31 PM

Date: 11/15/2007 8:13:31 PM

Date: 11/15/2007 7:36:45 PM

It is very very rare to see a photo of Louise. There have been no photocalls, or official photos issued since right after her birth. She had an eye defect which appears to have been corrected but I don''t think that is why she is kept out of the spotlight. I think Edward and Sophie have just decided that their children will have ''normal'' lives as much as possible.

What a fabulous photo. She''s darling.. and.. I love that they want to have normalcy for their children.. good for them.
I''m really hoping for a good end to this pregnancy for Sophie - along with hopefully more family photos of Louise and the new baby.

Sophie had an ectopic pregnancy in 2001 and had to undergo a long operation. It is believed that she lost one of her fallopian tubes at that time so she had a difficult time becoming pregnant again. With baby Louise Sophie nearly lost her life. She collapsed at their home at Bagshot Park and suffered massive bleeding from placental abruption (where the placenta tears away from the uterine wall). Louise was born prematurely by emergency c-section. Both of them nearly didn''t make it. So I''m really keeping my fingers crossed this time! So far so good though....
I''d heard about that.

I know.. me too.. I''m really hoping for everything to be perfect and healthy. Do they know if they''re having a boy? Was it made public at all?
They haven''t said yet if it is a boy or girl. It would be unusual for a RF to announce the sex of the baby they were expecting - although they did that with Princess Sofia of Spain because her impending birth was causing a huge parlimentary debate about the succession. Many people wanted to introduce legislation to enable Leonor to inherit regardless of the sex of the new baby. Currently the succession favors the male heir no matter what the birth order is. The Spanish Monarchy is a bit shaky these days so the debate was seen as being dangerous to the monarchy (once people start debating who knows when they will stop right?
2.gif
) so Felipe and Letizia announced that they knew the baby was going to be a girl and that therefore the debate was unnecessecary since Leonor''s position would be unaffected.

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/15/2007 8:33:14 PM

Date: 11/15/2007 8:29:36 PM

Date: 11/15/2007 8:18:31 PM
A stomacher is essentially a massive brooch that is worn pinned down the front of a dress. Queen Alexandra and Queen Mary were famous for wearing them. Here is a link to a page with a picture of one of Queen Mary''s stomachers:

http://www.royalcollection.org.uk/microsites/royalwedding1947/object.asp?row=9&exhibs=GIFTROYAL&grouping=
Here''s a photo of it - I forgot I had it!
Wow, what an intricate design. Hard to tell the dimensions from the picture but the piece seems massive.
I don''t know the exact dimensions of that one but they are huge. That one - like alot of other stomachers - was made so that it could be separated and worn as three different brooches. You can tell the three segments in the photo.

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s another one of the entire Spanish Royal Family.

Felipe holding Leonor, Letizia holding Sofia, King Juan Carlos and behind him Infanta Cristina''s husband, Queen Sofia, Infanta Elena and her husband behind her, and last is Infanta Cristina.

You can see that many of the children are very blond. I think the two darker haired children (boy and girl) are Elena''s and the other four are Cristina''s.

spanishroyalfamily.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/15/2007 9:23:59 PM

Date: 11/15/2007 8:48:38 PM

They haven''t said yet if it is a boy or girl. It would be unusual for a RF to announce the sex of the baby they were expecting - although they did that with Princess Sofia of Spain because her impending birth was causing a huge parlimentary debate about the succession. Many people wanted to introduce legislation to enable Leonor to inherit regardless of the sex of the new baby. Currently the succession favors the male heir no matter what the birth order is. The Spanish Monarchy is a bit shaky these days so the debate was seen as being dangerous to the monarchy (once people start debating who knows when they will stop right?
2.gif
) so Felipe and Letizia announced that they knew the baby was going to be a girl and that therefore the debate was unnecessecary since Leonor''s position would be unaffected.
I''m rather hoping they have a boy..
1.gif
That would keep the whole RF in balance - esp. as this is likely the Queen''s last grandchild. Anne has one of each, Andrew has two girls, Charles two boys so if Sophie and Edward have a boy it will balance out nicely. For some reason though I hope it''s a girl. Wouldn''t it be sweet for Louise to have a little sister to play with?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results