clarity

Royal Jewels

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Whoops - photo didn''t load...

mmandfamily.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Here is another of Haakon and Mette-Marit with Marius and Ingrid before the birth of their son Sverre-Magnus.

mmfamily2.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
This one is my favorite. It''s the most recent too. Isn''t Ingrid just sweet on her little tricycle?

So what do you all think - shall I post family portraits for all the rest of the royals we talk about & look at?

haakonmette-maritfamily.jpg

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes Please Do!!!!!
36.gif

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s another of Maxima in her flower brooch. In this one you can also see her ring. This one seems to be a favorite of hers & she wears it alot.

maximaflowerbrooch3.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
I think this is the ring she is wearin gin the above picture. It looks like a peridot, citrine and amethyst set in yellow gold.

maxmimaring.jpg

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/8/2007 5:40:45 PM
Author: LadyAmythyst69
This one is my favorite. It''s the most recent too. Isn''t Ingrid just sweet on her little tricycle?

So what do you all think - shall I post family portraits for all the rest of the royals we talk about & look at?
YES!
36.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
you need to even ask?!

Maxima looks nice in those shots, happy and cute.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For those of you who are interested in the British Royal Family, and Charles and Camilla in particular, here is a link to a forum where they, exclusively, are discussed. Sometimes there are exchanges of ignorance, but often someone eventually gets it right. :). There are other fora on the website for people interested in other royals. This thread is about how Prince Charles must regard being the Prince of Wales. Given the contempt people here seem to feel for him, I doubt you would spend as much time wondering about his views, but chacun a son gout!

The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall

Deborah
34.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I''d love to see more of the family photos! It will be easier to keep up with who''s who!

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
The muli-colored ring is a stunner and is prabably by a major house like bulgari or tiffany &Co.

matildawong

Shiny_Rock
LadyAmethyst,
Thank you SO much for this thread. I seriously sat down with a cup of tea and about 15 peanut butter cookies and read 15 pages of it the other night. Talk about great, cozy, late-night reading! Please, you must write a book.

My mother (oh here I go) is obsessed with the royals. I called her today and she said, "Oh I love the one from Belgium...Mathilde?" and She snarked on Camilla (she''s mad Camilla''s got so many jewels) and on and on... BUT my bf also sat down and went thru the entire thread with me. He has decided he wants to name our future children (that originally he wasn''t so keen on) Victoria and Maxima and he loved the tiaras and their stories.

Why am I telling you all of this? To let you know how appreciated you (and the others who post in this thread) are! Great stuff. I love the family portraits and think Prince Hakon is rather handsome.

Also, is "Mathilde" pronounced MA-tille-d like with a ''schwa'' or something? Or Ma-TIL-deh or neither? Thank you!

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/9/2007 2:36:48 AM
Author: matildawong
LadyAmethyst,
Thank you SO much for this thread. I seriously sat down with a cup of tea and about 15 peanut butter cookies and read 15 pages of it the other night. Talk about great, cozy, late-night reading! Please, you must write a book.

My mother (oh here I go) is obsessed with the royals. I called her today and she said, ''Oh I love the one from Belgium...Mathilde?'' and She snarked on Camilla (she''s mad Camilla''s got so many jewels) and on and on... BUT my bf also sat down and went thru the entire thread with me. He has decided he wants to name our future children (that originally he wasn''t so keen on) Victoria and Maxima and he loved the tiaras and their stories.

Why am I telling you all of this? To let you know how appreciated you (and the others who post in this thread) are! Great stuff. I love the family portraits and think Prince Hakon is rather handsome.

Also, is ''Mathilde'' pronounced MA-tille-d like with a ''schwa'' or something? Or Ma-TIL-deh or neither? Thank you!
I have to say I sort of agree with your mother. Actually, I guess I don''t mind that Camilla gets so many jewels. I think she should have tons of serious jewelry to equal her rank of Princess of Wales (which is what she is no matter what they call her). What bugs me is the fact that Camilla has gotten more jewelry in her very short time as a Royal than Diana ever got in her 15+ years. It really makes you wonder what goes on behind the scenes.

Diana only got Royal jewels and jewels as gifts from her husband for the first 2 or 3 years of her marriage. After that anything she got came from friends or gifts from other royals outside of England.

Conversely Camilla has been showered in jewels from day one. Tons from the Queen Mum''s estate, tons from foreign royals and tons from Charles himself.

Oh well - at least we get to see all of these new jewels!

Prince Haakon is a favorite of mine. He really went out on a limb to marry Mette-Marit. I admire his dedication to her and their marriage. He has also been a wonderful step-father to Marius.

As for pronouncing Mathilde. I''m not really sure how it is pronounced to be honest. I think that it is Ma - till - d with the middle part being the most accented.

Mette-Marit is pronounced Meta - Mah - rit with the last two syllables being said almost together.

Hope that makes sense.

matildawong

Shiny_Rock
Yes, that''s exactly what bothers my mom. (Well, ok, honestly she dislikes most things about Camilla in defense of her beloved Diana!)

And I''m happy to hear that about Hakon. Makes me like him more.

Thanks again!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think Mathilde looks similar to a slightly more mature Grace Kelly in some of the shots, especially in the ones where she is wearing red....

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/8/2007 6:52:31 PM
I think this is the ring she is wearin gin the above picture. It looks like a peridot, citrine and amethyst set in yellow gold.

this looks like three rings stacked to me. whatcha think?

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/9/2007 10:25:25 AM
Author: crown1

i think that is what it is supposed to look like but it seems like it is just one.
i think i might pass right by that(those?) in a jewelry store but seeing it on her made me think i want one (lol..some?) it looks great on her!
3.gif

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/9/2007 10:38:01 AM
Author: belle

i think that is what it is supposed to look like but it seems like it is just one.

i think i might pass right by that(those?) in a jewelry store but seeing it on her made me think i want one (lol..some?) it looks great on her!

3.gif
it is one. that is, if it is bvlgari. i called a store and they confirmed it is one ring.

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/9/2007 12:03:48 PM

Date: 11/9/2007 10:38:01 AM
Author: belle

3.gif
it is one. that is, if it is bvlgari. i called a store and they confirmed it is one ring.
Yes - it''s just one ring. It probably is the Bvlgari ring.

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/9/2007 10:23:46 AM
Author: Lorelei
I think Mathilde looks similar to a slightly more mature Grace Kelly in some of the shots, especially in the ones where she is wearing red....
I never thought about that before but I think you are right! I think it is something about the way that she sweeps her hair back off her face. Hmmm - now I''ll be seeing Grace Kelly when I look at Mathilde!

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
This is Crown Princess Mary and Crown Prince Frederik leaving the hospital after the birth of their daughter Isabella. Frederik is holding their son Christian who will one day be king of Denmark.

maryfrederikfamily3.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
This is one of the official portraits issued after the birth of Isabella. Isn''t Christian a cutie pie?

maryfrederikfamily1.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
This is the official portrait issued after Isabella''s christening.

maryfrederikfamily2.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
This is a shot of the whole Danish Royal Family (except the Prince Consort). From the left are:

Prince Jochim, his sons Felix and Nikolai, Queen Margrethe, Crown Prince Frederik holding Prince Christian and Crown Princess Mary.

danishroyalfamily.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Christian is such a cutie pie! How old was he then? Such angelic blue eyes and cherubic cheeks.

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
This is Prince Joachim''s (I misspelled his name in the first post - sorry!) first wife, the former Princess Alexandra (she is now remarried and is styled Countess) and their children Nikolai and Felix.

alexandranikolaifelix.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
And just because it''s adorable - Christian with his newborn sister Isabella.

Chrono - the photo from the Christening is very recent so Christian is just over two I believe.

christianisabella.jpg

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
what a beautiful family!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/9/2007 4:32:23 PM
And just because it's adorable - Christian with his newborn sister Isabella.

Chrono - the photo from the Christening is very recent so Christian is just over two I believe.
Oh my! How cute are those little baby's!?!?!?! Love it; they are a beautiful family. The Prince is so handsome and they make a lovely couple; she is gorgeous too. The kids are darling!!!
30.gif
Thanks for the family pics!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results