shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
You're all welcome!

I can only disagree with Danny's comment about how regal the Countess of Wessex looks. HRH is indeed a good looking woman, but that's probably one of the worst pics I've ever seen of her. Just look at that stone face with no smile and comapare it to the Duchess'. In addition to this the spikes on her hat remind me of a Blackbuck's horns. I can only add that I respect Sophie, because from a sellsman daughter she bacame The Queen's daughter-in-law. She must be really popular witin her own family, and maybe even an example.

Hi, Lori!
The Duchess of Cornwall recived many jewels from the PoW, whan she was still his companion*. Among this are a serpant diamond necklace, a diamond and fake ruby tiara/necklace and earrings. Most of the jewels given to her are belived to have belonged to Alice Keppel, The Duchess' great-grandmother and mistress of Eduard VII. HRH has worn the pearl chokers many years before her marriage to PoW.
I don't think Camilla recived any personal gifts of jewelery from the BRF or any other house upon her marriage to Charles (remember Diana's sapphires and the emerald choker). I can count three tiaras she has worn - her own tiara, The Delhi Durbar and The Grevile tiara. The tiaras and necklaces from Cookie's collection, that she wears at state dinners belong to HM and thus are simply loans. There are several brooches that belonged to QEQM that are now worn by The Duchess. I have serious doubts about one of QEQM's three row pearl nackleces withdiamond clasp, being a gift (not loan) to Camilla, because of its frequent wear. I know that it's a vast topic, so if you like we can discuss it here.

* I didn't use the word mistress deliberately.

Here is a nice picture of The Countess of Wessex with her daughter Princess Louise of Wessex from Trooping the Colour. Nothe the resemblance between the young princess and her grandmother The Queen at that age.

88468012.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Here are TRH Prince William and The Duchess of Cornwall. The choker she wears is composed of three rows of pearls and a large aquamarine set in yellow gold. I think this are (IMO) Camilla's favourite pearl earrings.
I don't like the way the Garter sash looks with the neval uniform. I know there are rules, but I hope next time the prince'll do it better, by wearing another uniform or only the Garter star.

Trooping+The+Colour+eRJKbS0EOrml.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/15/2009 2:12:58 AM
Author: loriken214
Does Camilla have many of her own precious jewels or did she receive gifts from the Royal Family upon her marriage to Prince Charles? I would like to see some photos of her with her pretties. I know there are a few on this thread already, but are there more to be had? Thank you!
36.gif

Lori

Hi again!

I can divide the DoC's jewels in four - jewels from before her marriage to Charles(gifts from APB and ones that she acquired), Keppel jewels(gifts from PoW and inherited ones), pieces from Cookie's collection and gifts from other countries/organistions. What jewels wold you like to see?

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/15/2009 8:27:14 AM
Author: prince.of.preslav

* I didn't use the word mistress deliberately.

I see. Why didn't you?

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Hi, Danny!

Here is how I understand the words - Kate Middleton is Prince William of Wales's girlfriend; Diana, Princess of Wales was The Prince of Wales's ex/wife; Cimilla is belived to have been The PoW's (main)mistress during his marriage to Diana. From the moment of their divorce both, Prince Charles and Lady Diana, had the opportunity to live the lives of unmarried people. I used the word companion, because since then Camilla Parker Bowles accompanied the prince at (semi)formal occasions (eg: the PoW Foundation galas), meanwhile he accompanied her at family gatherings (eg: Her sister's 50th BD). Further more elderly and divorced people in my mind are companions or domestic partners not girl/boyfriend which is IMO more suitable for younger people. I also think that they lived together for some years before the marriage, so domestic partner can also be used.
And about the jewels - I wonted to indicate that at the time when the jewels were given by prince Charles to Camilla they were divored. In other words, she couldn't be his mistress.

And here is a close view of the aquamarine and pearl choker. At the time when the photo was taken, Camilla was still Mrs Camilla Parker Bowles.

50947825.jpg

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
A little un-related, but I just love her jewels (Camilla)!!!! However I cannot get over the fact that she at ONCE WAS a mistress...and as a fan of Diana''s, I just cannot respect her. However, her jewelry earns all of my attention, and admiration ;-)

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/15/2009 6:45:51 PM
Author: UCLABelle
A little un-related, but I just love her jewels (Camilla)!!!! However I cannot get over the fact that she at ONCE WAS a mistress...and as a fan of Diana''s, I just cannot respect her. However, her jewelry earns all of my attention, and admiration ;-)
I am not a big fan of Camilla(huge Diana fan since 81).But that aqua and pearl necklace is a real beauty!

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/15/2009 9:02:28 AM
Date: 6/15/2009 2:12:58 AM

Author: loriken214

Does Camilla have many of her own precious jewels or did she receive gifts from the Royal Family upon her marriage to Prince Charles? I would like to see some photos of her with her pretties. I know there are a few on this thread already, but are there more to be had? Thank you!
36.gif

Lori

Hi again!

I can divide the DoC''s jewels in four - jewels from before her marriage to Charles(gifts from APB and ones that she acquired), Keppel jewels(gifts from PoW and inherited ones), pieces from Cookie''s collection and gifts from other countries/organistions. What jewels wold you like to see?

Hi, Bobby! Thanks for the clarification.

In this post, you mention four groups into which you can divide the Duchess'' jewels. I hope Lori doesn''t mind me asking but I''d like to see all of them. Would you please give us a history of these four groupings, and show us representative pieces from each group?

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Hi, Danny!

That's a hard task. You know that we can not see all the jewels worn and owned by an individual. I don't pretend to know the exact provenance of all the jewels Camilla has worn through the years and especially the ones from before her marriage to Prince Charles, but I'll try to do my best. Anyone who knows dth else about them is free to post information and picturees.

I'll start with the Keppel jewels.

Here is the "Keppel Tiara" made of real diamondes & fake rubies, the tiara was a gift from Eduard VII to his mistress Alice Keppel, great-grandmother of The Duchess. As far as I know The Duchess of Cornwall was given the jewel by The PoW, who bought it at an auction. So far I've seen it worn only once by HRH as necklace. Probably it would get lost in her hair, if worn as tiara:D There is a matching pair of earrings.

The Keppel Tiara.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Here is another Keppel jewel. A large brooch with diamonds and large citrine/orange topaz. This maybe a part of a stomacher previously in AK''s possession. I don''t know anything else about it.

74810642.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
The all diamond serpant necklace. I think it was also bought at an auction from Charles, but in the same time I remember that I''ve read it''s a heirloom. Maybe it''s a mix - a Keppel jewel that was sold and later bought by the Prince hor his beloved mistress.
HRH has worn the earrings prior to her secon marriage. She wore them at her wedding to the PoW. On 6 May 2006 she loaned them to her daughter, Laura, along with her own tiara.

57147367.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Here are the diamond tiara and earrings I mantioned. I guess hey were "something borrowed", just like Queen Mry''s fringe tiara was loaned to Princess Elizabeth from her mother.

57546577.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
The same tiara was worn once after Camilla became HRH. Here is a picture from the event. Also worn is a diamond and turquoise necklace. I think both are heirlooms, either from the Ashcombe barons, or the Keppels.

bigt.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Now her privately aquired/gifted jewels:

Firs is one of my favourites - A three row pearl necklace with amethyst&diamond clasp. Obviausly HRH and The Queen share a passion for three rows. The Duchess has two other pearl chokers. One has a garnet clasp and was a gift from her mother. Pics of both jewels have been posted here many pages ago. This one hasn't been worn from awhile. I hope to see it soon.

camilla3708a.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
A picture from camilla''s first solo engagement as wife of The Prince of Wales. I doubt I''ve seen the necklace after this occasion, but it''s indeed a nice one. HRH wore a gray(?) pearls bracelet on her right hand and a gold bangle on the left.

52970064.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
A turtle brooch set with mother-of-pearl and eventually small diamonds. The firs time I saw it was in late May 2009 when HRH opened the restored Double Bridge. This isn''t the style of jewel, that she usually wears, but another nece one.

87980935.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Probably this aren't all the jewels she has bought herself, or maybe some are gifts from friends, but this are the ones I have seen that aren't from Queen Mother's collection.

I know for only two jewels received durring state visits - a sapphire and diamond necklace and another much bigger and elaborate in design ruby neclace. These jewels are gifts from the Arabian countries, where the sheikhs/kings are billionaires. In addition to this the Royal Family has established a good relationhip with them, so expencive gifts aren't surprising. Remember the Queen's diamond necklaces, she loaned to Diana, her sapphire and diamond loop necklace, Diana's Oman diamonds and of course the Emir of Qatar earrings and the CP of SA sapphires + an expensive(80.000 GBP I think) convertible for Charles.

Here is Camilla's sapphire and diamond necklace. I think the occasion is The Prince's Trust gala. HRH has worn them ones more for a state dinner with QM's favourite tiara, matching earrings and the familyorder(for the first time I think). I can post it if anyone wonts.

72579392.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Here are the rubies. A little bit too grand for my style, but Camilla has proven us that she can wear big pieces. I think we can calli it The Ruby Breastplate. The picture gives us a rare view of her royal bosom.

CamillaR2801_328x450RubyBreastplate.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Here is another favourite - a diamond necklace of modern design, probably a first wedding anniversary from the PoW. There are also long diamond earrings. There is a nice view of them in a forthcomming picture.

Camilla-FirstWeddingAnniversaryPhot.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
A picture taken at Peter and Autumn Philips''s wedding. The choker''s clasp/centerpiece was originally a brooch, but The Duchess transformed it into this five row choker(does it remind you of s.o. else''s decision?). There is a matching pair of earrings. The entire set was worn at the concert and dinner for Prince Charles'' 60th birthday, hosted by the Queen. The Prince of Wales bought them at an aution the previous year and presented them to his wife.

DOCChokerWedding2008TamaraRJOTWMB.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
And now HM Queen Elizabeth, The Queen Mother''s jewels!

HRH The Duchess of Cornwall''s favourite and most precious jewels are the ones HM inherited from her mother in 2002. I''ve posted pictures of some of these jewels worn by Queen Elizabth and leter by her grand-daughter-in-law, The Duchess of Cornwall.

I will start with my all time favourite of Camilla with QEQM''s diamond and emerald brooch. Unloke her daughter, the late Queen Mother loved big pieces(we can not blame her as she was a Leo, and could aford them), and I hope this was a favoured one. Does someone know what this design is called? Festoon? Queen Victoria''s jubilee had similar design, is this one Victorian?

4219047157.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
The best known (and my favourite ring) jewel from QEQM''s collection that is now with Camilla is the engagement ring. The ring has a strong connection with Queen Elizabeth and The Queen. It was presented to The Duchess of York, when she gave birth to the future Elizabeth II on 1926. Since then QEQM often wore the ring on her left hand, replacing the ering.

52195222.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
This is the official photograph from HRH Camilla, DoC's 60th BD in 2007. For the occasion HM loaned her The Queen Mother's Coronation Necklace. HRH wore it again (with the Honeycomb tiara and same dress) when Nicolas Sarkozy made his first state visit to UK.
Does enyboby know anything about the bracelet? Looks like Art Deco to me.

offpim8.jpg

westjenn

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/16/2009 12:39:35 PM
The best known (and my favourite ring) jewel from QEQM's collection that is now with Camilla is the engagement ring. The ring has a strong connection with Queen Elizabeth and The Queen. It was presented to The Duchess of York, when she gave birth to the future Elizabeth II on 1926. Since then QEQM often wore the ring on her left hand, replacing the ering.
I love Camilla's engagement ring. It's my favorite of all the royals. Thanks for posting!

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/16/2009 12:55:14 PM
Author: westjenn
Date: 6/16/2009 12:39:35 PM

The best known (and my favourite ring) jewel from QEQM''s collection that is now with Camilla is the engagement ring. The ring has a strong connection with Queen Elizabeth and The Queen. It was presented to The Duchess of York, when she gave birth to the future Elizabeth II on 1926. Since then QEQM often wore the ring on her left hand, replacing the ering.
I love Camilla''s engagement ring. It''s my favorite of all the royals. Thanks for posting!

You''re welcome, westjenn! BTW the picture shows Queen Mother with the ring. The ring, as well as its previous owner, is a my favourite of all the rings in all the royal houses. I just forgot to say that the biggest stone is a 7 or 8ct emerald cut diamond. There are three smaller stones on each side. That makes seven in total.

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
The Duchess has also worn QEQM''s bow brooch for her father''s memorial service in 2006.

hello1.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
The Prince of Wales gave several brooches with his insignia, The PoW feathers, to women, that were his dear friends. One of the recipients was Camilla Parker Bowls. Here she wears her brooch along with QEQM's three row pearl necklace with diamond clasp. The duchess often wears the necklace with the clasp "at 9 o'clock"(shown here) or in front(above post), rather than the traditional back side.
The picture also provides a good view of the diamond cluster and pearl earrings, that seem to be one of her favourites.

pow1dc.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Here is the same necklace, but this time worn the traditional way. I''m not sure, but the lily of the valley brooch may also be from QEQM''s collection.

81824268.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Here is a nice knot brooch with two engraved sapphire drops. I''m almost certain I''ve seen that jewel with the late Queen Mother.

xxcpbgoldribbonbowwithdrops-broochg.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
And another jewel from Cookie''s possession. I don''t know what the dark stone in the brooch is. You can also see the large pearl necklace, Camilla first wore durring the visit to South America, and a nice pair of pearl drop earrings. The photo is from the Wales'' visit to Vaticana.

8623547.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results