shape
carat
color
clarity

Round OEC in an Asscher setting?

silvercrystal

Rough_Rock
Has anyone seen a round OEC in an asscher setting combo before? Is this possible?

I really love the asscher shape and its cropped corners, but also love the round simplicity and big facets of an OEC. I also really like the look of double claw prongs and thought that they could help fill out the space between the stone and the corners.

I put together a quick photoshop mockup made from three different rings, but if I gave this to a designer would this be physically possible for them to make? What do you guys think?

oecinasscher.png

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Try David Klass or CVB designs.

silvercrystal

Rough_Rock
arkieb1|1466115163|4044926 said:
Try David Klass or CVB designs.

Yes - I love their styles! I was definitely planning on contacting them. The claw prongs are actually from Caysie's Chloe setting. :) Thank you!

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I've not seen anything like that before. The double claw prongs are a little jarring for me because they say "modern" to me and the rest of the ring is "vintage" -- but if you like it that's all that matters. I don't see why construction would be a problem.

ETA I think maybe a double milgrain bezel inside would be more cohesive than the prongs IMO.

Skhii

Shiny_Rock
silvercrystal|1466114980|4044922 said:
Has anyone seen a round OEC in an asscher setting combo before? Is this possible?

I really love the asscher shape and its cropped corners, but also love the round simplicity and big facets of an OEC. I also really like the look of double claw prongs and thought that they could help fill out the space between the stone and the corners.

I put together a quick photoshop mockup made from three different rings, but if I gave this to a designer would this be physically possible for them to make? What do you guys think?

oecinasscher.png

Yes, definitely. I like your mock-up. It reminds me of one of Singlestone's Colette settings. Please keep us updated on your setting journey; I'd love to see it!
singlestone_colette_gold_v1_0.jpg
singlestone_colette_gold_v1.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have pictures of antique rings with double claw prongs, so I think the double claws are perfect for that design! I am certain it can be made. I think both CVB and DK have done multiple bezel style settings.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What do you think of this?

georgeband10_2.jpg

dreamer_3.jpg

tweeter8177

Brilliant_Rock
Skhii|1466125069|4044976 said:

oecinasscher.png

Yes, definitely. I like your mock-up. It reminds me of one of Singlestone's Colette settings. Please keep us updated on your setting journey; I'd love to see it!

The Single Stone setting was the first I thought of too! Probably because I have been obsessing over it since I had the chance to try it on a few weeks ago! It is beautiful and unique!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

oecinasscher.png

LOVE THIS SETTING. STUNNING IRL. YOU SHOULD SEE THE GALLERY.

Twosanguinehearts had this setting for a minute. :lol:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/reveal-single-stone-reset-lots-of-pics.179152/

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I've gawked over that one too.

And tried it on. Ari's in shape though. He could have totally tackled me if I'd run out with it. Dang it all.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy|1466143731|4045069 said:
I've gawked over that one too.

And tried it on. Ari's in shape though. He could have totally tackled me if I'd run out with it. Dang it all.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Ooops! Pee'd a little!

silvercrystal

Rough_Rock
liaerfbv|1466124774|4044972 said:
I've not seen anything like that before. The double claw prongs are a little jarring for me because they say "modern" to me and the rest of the ring is "vintage" -- but if you like it that's all that matters. I don't see why construction would be a problem.

ETA I think maybe a double milgrain bezel inside would be more cohesive than the prongs IMO.

Haha I can see how the combo would be jarring, but I really do like it. :) Thank you for the double milgrain bezel suggestion - I'll look into that.

silvercrystal

Rough_Rock

Excuse me while I pick my jaw up off the floor. That setting is absolutely GORGEOUS. Second-guessing myself over here.

silvercrystal

Rough_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1466125392|4044978 said:
I have pictures of antique rings with double claw prongs, so I think the double claws are perfect for that design! I am certain it can be made. I think both CVB and DK have done multiple bezel style settings.

That is reassuring to hear! :D Thank you so much!

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock
gorgeous-this shape remind me of my cvb earrings :)

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock
here are the earrings CVB and I designed together :)

cvbearrings.jpg

silvercrystal

Rough_Rock
artdecolover71|1466171934|4045128 said:
here are the earrings CVB and I designed together :)

Wow, what a beautiful pair of earrings! Thank you for sharing!

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock
thanks-the shape reminds me most of your original post...looking forward to seeing what your ring will look like!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results