shape
carat
color
clarity

Round brilliant three stone trellis or a pear solitaire?

CathB

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone,

We have very recently started our quest for my engagement ring and really need help. I can't decide between the following:
a. 3 stone round brilliant, to be set in a BGD trellis 18k rose gold, hopefully total carat of approximate 2 in warmer BGD Signature diamonds (budget permitting); or
b. a pear solitaire in a rose gold bezel setting, hopefully about 1.5 ct or a tiny bit more.

Unfortunately finding any of this to try on is proving to be quite a task here in Sydney. Rose gold is very rare, so are pears without halos, and the 3 stones are nowhere near the specs we are looking for.

Can I please ask for some pics with details of anything similar to what we're looking for? Hand shots will be excellent too please. My size here in Oz is N and I'm not sure what that translates to in other scales.

Thank you so much in advance for all your help and for all the valuable info available in this wonderful site.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you have a bigger finger, three stone gives a lot of coverage. On a small finger, either choice will take up lots of room!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Obviously I don't know you or anything about you or your taste. But, my initial reaction is 3-stone.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1377454712|3509572 said:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-bgd-rose-gold-trellis-three-stone-reset.181886//
JuneRoses' reset into a new RG Trellis...

I would prefer a 3-stone over a pear bezel. A 3 stone is very classic and timeless. But you must choose what you really prefer.

I agree with Acinom... I think a round 3-stone is timeless and I prefer it to a bezeled pear. Also, you will be able to go lower in color with rounds. The RG trellis (JuneRose) is soooooo yummy!!! :love:

bonne403

Rough_Rock
I like 3 stones for the versatility. If you ever wanted to reset in the future, you could wear the center stone as a solitaire, halo it, etc. and wear the side stones as earring studs. With a pear, you're more limited in what you can do to change it up over time. Though admittedly, most people probably don't think like I do. I tend to tire of things quickly and am constantly looking to switch up the look of my jewels. :0)

CathB

Rough_Rock
Thank you all so much for your very helpful replies, and everyone's rings are just so beautiful!
I do love the finger coverage a 3 stone provides, making it possible for me to have some "bling" in a simple design with our limited budget. I actually don't wear much jewellery, I currently only wear a white gold band with a few diamonds and diamond studs that I never take off and I love the idea of being able to use the stones in three stone if ever we're to upgrade. I get very sentimental =)

Is the trellis setting comfortable enough to wear in this fashion? As in, as much as possible? For example, will my hair get caught in the prongs if I run my fingers through it? [I'm trying to find a "ring holder" that I can wear as a pendant so I can put the ring in that when I'm at the gym or doing something particularly "handy", another missionv :tongue: ]

I also have some questions about the stones, should I create another topic for that one?

Thank you all so much.

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Here is my previous 1.57 pear on a size 5.5 finger.

lkpr2.jpg

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
I now own 4 three stone rings....I'm a sucker for the finger width coverage plus I just love the classic look of them! One of mine combines the two items you are looking at...a three stone ring made of pear cuts! Sapphires set by DanielM on etsy.

Maybe you could go that route...? (3 stone pears, not necessarily the coloured stones!)

_9338.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results