shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for pictures of Whiteflash 3 stone trellis settings

Wheelo

Rough_Rock
Hi I'm looking for anyone's personal ring pictures of 3 stone trellis settings purchased from Whiteflash. If anyone has some and could post them I'd really appreciate it.

The pictures on Whiteflash.com's website are beautiful & professionally done. I'm looking for actual "this is my 3 stone ring from Whiteflash that has a trellis setting" pictures.

Thanks!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re: Looking for pictures of Whiteflash 3 stone trellis setti

I have one. I'm not great at taking pictures but here you go.
It's plat., .92 RB/.20 pear sides.
My wedding band has a curve to it to protect the prongs of the trellis setting.

zoewfring.jpg

zoewfrings.jpg

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock

Overall, I love my ring, particularly the setting. Swoopy prongs are my favorite!

I'm not very happy with the pears though -- I feel they're too narrow and hard to see. I feel like they get lost somehow. If I was to do it again (which I would if possible!), I'd go with bigger pears. I had the chance to get fatter ones when we first worked with WF but I opted for these. I'm kicking myself now. I'd also go with an H&A RB but it wasn't in the budget back then.

I had first found this ring on Knox's site (the "Leah") and on that site, it was shown with a sapphire in the center. I came really close to getting that ring, but 1) I decided I wanted a diamond in the center, not a sapphire, and 2) their quote was more expensive than WF's. We worked with Bob, by the way, who was great.

Wheelo

Rough_Rock

Thank you Zoe! That's exactly what I as looking for! I really like your ring.

BTW what does the RB stand for after .92? .92 being the weight of the center stone.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock

Thanks Wheelo! RB stands for round brilliant (the shape of my center stone).

You know, I was thinking of my post after I left for work this morning, and I realized that it didn't sound like much of an endorsement. Oops. Sorry about that. Could you tell that the side stones have been on my mind? :bigsmile: When I said that I wasn't happy with the side stones, I hope I didn't imply that WF was in any way to blame. They were wonderful.

I do love my ring, and WF did a great job. We had the setting made rather than go with a stock setting because 1) I knew I wanted pears as side stones as opposed to RBs, 2) I wanted the top of the shank to have a slight knife edge to it, as the ring in my inspiration picture has, and 3) I wanted the profile to be low. We had a very positive experience, and that was really important, especially because it was the first time we had bought significant jewelry online. Bob was really easy to work with, and he was always very responsive to our questions. We communicated mostly by e-mail but we did chat on the phone too.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

My old WF stock trellis in 18k plated wg
centre 1ct G, sides G 0.31ct each

1D.jpg

1B.jpg

1A.jpg

1C.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

My first WF custom piece (Butterflies on the website)
Plat (950/ir)
2ct I centre, 0.33 H sides

2C.jpg

2D.jpg

2B.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

My second custom piece from WF, same basic design as the last
Unplated 18k nickel-wg alloy
2.7ct J centre, 0.43ct J sides

Hope it helps!

3C.jpg

3B.jpg

3A.jpg

HeatherL

Shiny_Rock

Hi Yessie, I've been considering putting my stone in your 3 stone setting. I noticed the earlier comment about getting a curved band to protect the prongs. Is a curved band needed with your particular setting to protect the prongs? My stone is smaller (1.33) so it may not matter as much, but just curious if you notice wear on your prongs with a straight band? Gosh I hope I'm making sense!!! LOL

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

HeatherL|1296002039|2833035 said:
Hi Yessie, I've been considering putting my stone in your 3 stone setting. I noticed the earlier comment about getting a curved band to protect the prongs. Is a curved band needed with your particular setting to protect the prongs? My stone is smaller (1.33) so it may not matter as much, but just curious if you notice wear on your prongs with a straight band? Gosh I hope I'm making sense!!! LOL

Well - wear is inevitable when you have metal/metal contact. A curved band will disperse any pressures more evenly across the entirety of your trellis' head(s), whereas a straight band puts all that pressure onto that one point of contact with that side-prong on your centrestone. Eventually, after years of wear together, you will notice that that prong has started to wear down, and will need to replace it/have it fixed. I've only had mine for a few months, so no visible wear yet - just some scratching.

For me - I don't like curved bands with my Ering on my finger, so I chose the aesthetic that I prefer with the knowledge that in say ten years I will need to address the issue of significant wear to that prong.. Zoe made a different choice :)) If you go with a straight metal band in the same metal as your Ering you won't be needing to replace the prong every year or anything like that, and your centrestone won't be at-risk unless you ignore the issue for a decade or more and your prong snaps right off!

Now if you choose a diamond band wherein the diamond girdles protrude beyond the eternity's shank and touch the head of the trellis, I would *strongly* recommend a spacer. the diamond's girdles will saw away at that prong in short order (I'm thinking months to a few years of daily wear).

For this setting I think centre stone size is actually much less important. I think the regular 4-prong trellis styles can make smaller stones look squarish - esp. smaller sidestones (your centrestone is not small by any means anyway), but w/ the centre in 6-prongs and the sides in 3 the "roundness" of all three is much better preserved. Well, IMO, obviously ;)) .

slg47

Ideal_Rock

yssie-question...(sorry...I know you get asked questions like this all of the time!) if I have a spacer that is less high than my ering/wedding band, will that prevent wear on the prongs?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

hah! Your threestone is the new standard for cushion-shaped centres slg!!

And - I would think so? As long as it's wide enough to separate the two rings.. that 1mm rose gold band in the last pic is only 0.8mm thick/high but it separates my wband and the closest prong plenty - but then, my wband is plain so there's nothing sticking out, if I had a super-blinger of a diamond eternity with pretty large stones I suppose I might have to come up with an alternative - oh, that would just be tragic :rodent:

slg47

Ideal_Rock

Yssie|1296020355|2833295 said:
hah! Your threestone is the new standard for cushion-shaped centres slg!!

really? i don't think so...

And - I would think so? As long as it's wide enough to separate the two rings.. that 1mm rose gold band in the last pic is only 0.8mm thick/high but it separates my wband and the closest prong plenty - but then, my wband is plain so there's nothing sticking out, if I had a super-blinger of a diamond eternity with pretty large stones I suppose I might have to come up with an alternative - oh, that would just be tragic :rodent:

I love your rose gold spacer and was thinking of getting one...the metal area at the bottom of my ring isn't super tall but the spacer might help, plus I like the look :) edited to make bold

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

slg-

Well, it's the first one I jump to when I see a mention of square H&A or cushion threestone :)) I think it's easy to screw up pears proportions, but I adore yours ::)

Mine is slightly hammered, I'm actually really liking the combo of different textures, it adds a little - whimsy? to what my mother calls "such somber rings". What are you thinking of?

//threadjack

slg47

Ideal_Rock

Yssie|1296090191|2834146 said:
slg-

Well, it's the first one I jump to when I see a mention of square H&A or cushion threestone :)) I think it's easy to screw up pears proportions, but I adore yours ::)

Mine is slightly hammered, I'm actually really liking the combo of different textures, it adds a little - whimsy? to what my mother calls "such somber rings". What are you thinking of?

//threadjack

oh wow, thank you! I definitely wanted smaller pears so they wouldn't overwhelm the center. I have no idea what I am thinking of as far as a spacer (sorry for the massive threadjack)

somber rings? your rings are spectacular!!!

HeatherL

Shiny_Rock

Thanks Yssie, I appreciate your help!!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

slg - I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with :))

Heather - np, I'm more than happy to talk about my rings :Up_to_something:

Wheelo - hope the pics & discussions help you find what you're looking for!

slg47

Ideal_Rock

yssie-thanks for posting this-I had never seen your entire series of upgrades before. I love the 6 prong/3 prong so much than the 4 prong/4 prong-the side stones just look rounder to my eye and the whole setting looks more fluid.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results