shape
carat
color
clarity

Round brilliant cut, 2 ct for 18k$ what's the best option?

Oberst

Shiny_Rock
For a couple of months now I have read and watched radiant cutted diamond for buying my girl an engagement ring, was going to order one on Monday but after "Gipsy" advise me to check what here like, I found out I was not in the right direction at all!
She want round brilliant 100%, so I'm glad for the advise so I now are going to buy the ring she truly wants, but since I've only have read about radiant a cut all this time I was hoping for someone with knowledge could tell me how to get the most perfect round brilliant cut 2 ct with a budget 18000$
Im traveling to New York in a months or two from Thursday -Sunday so it need to be a jewler I can trust from ordering it in advance so the ring is ready until my arrival.

Thank you all, and thank you gipsy for making me ask the gf what she truly wants!

Q

Queenie60

Re: Round brilliant cut, 2 ct for 18k$ what's the best optio

I would suggest that you contact Yekutiel at ID Jewelry. Tell him you have been recommended by PriceScope. He can help you to find a good stone and setting within your budget. Good luck. :wavey:

Oberst

Shiny_Rock

Thank you queenie60, this is maybe a stupid question but when I'm talking to him you recommended could I trust everything he is telling me or should I've question it because of a better sell?
I'm in reality a trusting person but I'm new in this diamond industry.
And I'm taking happily advise if it's smart to buy a smaller carat to get better specification or 18k is enough to get a good 2 ct.

Q

Queenie60

I am certainly not an expert on diamonds so I am the wrong person to ask about what you can get for your $$. However, I can, with confidence highly recommend Yekutiel at ID Jewelry. I have made several purchases from him an find him to be fair, honest and easy to work with. Many Price Scope posters have purchased from him and are very happy. Most recently, he made an engagement ring for my nephew and it was spectacular. Go into the "show me the bling" or "rockytalky" section of this forum and type in IDJ and you can see reviews and purchases he has made for many of us here on this site. Also, any stones he recommends to you - you can post the ASET and other images for the experts on this site to evaluate and comment on. You're not alone, there are many experts - to name a few; Gypsy, Diamondseeker, flyingpig, Mrs-Blop, ACA, tyty, and many others here to aid you in choosing a stone. Again, I highly recommend him and I am sure that others will agree with me. Good luck and I hope you find exactly what you're looking for. :wavey:

Oberst

Shiny_Rock

Ok, I will trye contacting him, after a quick searched I see that round brilliant is more expensive than a radiant cut, so maybe I need to stretche my budget a little :D

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Do your research on this website. Do a search under "IDJ" and see how many Pricescopers have bought with confidence and been thrilled with their diamonds. I have met him IRL, as you will too, and found him honest and committed to helping his customers find THE diamond for them. I have recommended another PSer to buy a 5 carat asscher from him that I saw at his office. In fact, I don't think he does his own stones justice. His stones look way more beautiful IRL than in his videos. So it's a very good thing you will see his stones IRL. Make sure you call him and tell Him your budget and what you are looking for way in advance so he can bring stones in for you to view and compare when you are there.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

I will post specs for you later. Or someone else can post Diamondseekers specs for you.

the_rock416

Rough_Rock

Here are diamondseeker/gypsy specs that I used for purchasing my diamond :bigsmile:

table: 54-58

depth: 60-62.3 (I'd never go deeper because it usually DOES affect diameter. I prefer 62 or less.)

crown angle: 34-35.0 (up to 35.5 crown angle can sometimes work with a 40.6 pav angle)

pavilion angle: 40.6-40.9 (sometimes 41.0 if the crown angle is close to 34)

+ Gypsy's parameters are a little looser than DS - Alterations are: table 60 or less; depth 59-62.3.

I hope this helps.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

the_rock416|1470619854|4063421 said:
Here are diamondseeker/gypsy specs that I used for purchasing my diamond :bigsmile:

table: 54-58

depth: 60-62.3 (I'd never go deeper because it usually DOES affect diameter. I prefer 62 or less.)

crown angle: 34-35.0 (up to 35.5 crown angle can sometimes work with a 40.6 pav angle)

pavilion angle: 40.6-40.9 (sometimes 41.0 if the crown angle is close to 34)

+ Gypsy's parameters are a little looser than DS - Alterations are: table 60 or less; depth 59-62.3.

I hope this helps.
I think in this case DS's righter specs are a better fit. Thank you the_rock!

OP ask for Yekutirl, tell him we sent you. Aks for highest color he can find, and eyeclean. He will provide you with idealscope images, post them here. Regarding setting, tell him from the start you want a "handforged pave solitaire with pave on the basket" and send him a picture. Expect to spend 3.5k on the setting, in platinum.

I have bought fromhim and very happily. If you want I can even call him for you and talk to him. He's very good. Yes rounds are more expensive so if you can stretch the budget to 21K for the stone and 3.5ish for setting then you are in a better range.

Oberst

Shiny_Rock

Sorry for my stupid question now, but what do you mean with DS's? So the IDJ is the best option? I should forget everything else and go all in with IDJ? I sent them a mail yesterday askin for Yekutirl, got a fast reply from Denise.
So just that I have understand it right, I ask for the highest color he could find, would that be like a an F example? And eye clean will be vs2-si1?
I would really appreciate it if you could use your time and call, wow! You are to nice! I'm a little afraid of doing this wronge.
But what am I getting for 21.5k? Will it be an perfect ring that sparkles amazing or will it be average stone on a budget?
thank you guys so much!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

I am wiped tonight with a sick cat. If cat is better tomorrow I'll call Yekutiel for you tomorrow or send him an email I will give him your pricescope name. I'll tell him what to get you for something fantastic. :) Do you still want the same setting? And is 21.5 including setting or just for stone?

And no, we don't do "average" here. We only do excellent. :) F/G Si1 or betterr eyeclean by my definition. Don't worry.

Oberst

Shiny_Rock

21.5 for the stone, if you advice it's a smart move to get a nice diamond in this carat. For the ring I'm
Hoping to get a very thin ringband with a very anonymous "crown" If it's called a crown, 4 holders on the diamond and as elegant as possible.
Sorry if I'm calling everything by wronge name but I haven't read much about the ring yet. :read:

Oberst

Shiny_Rock

I told idj that you are calling them about my stone gypsy, I really appreciate this, and think my gf are going to be very gratful for it :clap:
Thank you!

Oberst

Shiny_Rock

Btw I don't mind faint fluorescence, if you don't advise me against it, my girl also liked it when it's become light ice blue sometimes, but not the strong blue.

Q

Queenie60

Hi Oberst - If Gypsy is too busy to call today I would suggest that you phone IDJ directly and ask to speak only to Yekutiel. Tell them that you are a PriceScope recommendation and were told to only speak to him. He is very kind, easy to work with and will walk you through the process. And Gypsy is correct - we don't do average here, we do Excellent! Once Yekutiel knows that you were recommended by PriceScope, he will hold your hand throughout the process. Once he proposes a stone to you, you can post the images on this thread and Gypsy can comment and let you know if it's good or not. Good luck and check back in and let us know how it's going. :wavey:

Oh - Gypsy, (not to hijack thread) - hope your sick cat gets well real soon!

Oberst

Shiny_Rock

Hey queenie,
I've already wrote to them and told gypsy was going to call, so I can wait until she is writing something her and then I can call if she don't have the time :)
Thank you for your advices queenie, you guys are so kind in this forum!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Okay, I talked to Yekutiel, and you are set. (thank you Queenie, my cat is eating again so I think he's on the mend)

He will find you the best stone for 21.5k F/G and completely eyeclean best cut and performance 2 carats.

Plus a handforged pave solitaire with a pave crown.

This is the setting I think you will like. If you confirm it, then I will send it to him and he will have his handforged bench make you this design.

Setting (VC Jocelyn)

_5168.jpeg

_5169.jpeg

_5170.jpeg

_5171.jpeg

Oberst

Shiny_Rock

Glad your cat is better :) I think the ring was fine, but is it possible to don't have the diamonds between the four sticks that holds the diamond? So you can see the whole diamond from the side, and also if you don't see so much metal when you look at it from the top but mainly see the diamonds? And did you see what I wrote about fluorescence?
Thank you for taking your time Gypsy! :angel:

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Lovely setting, Gyspy. Hope your kitty is feeling better.

Oberst

Shiny_Rock

Is it possible to send you a private message gypsy? with my e-mail and info so yekutiel can contact me?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

No private messages here I am sorry. Just call tomorrow and ask for him. Or email them and tell them you are person wanting 2 carat round Gypsy called about. Include link to this post.

Yes, you can absolutely do diamonds on the scalloped part of the crown (also called the basket) and not on the vertical prongs (four sticks). I will send an email to Yekutiel about that today.

As for fluorescent stonges, as long as you work with a vendor that screens the stones for you to make sure there is no negative impact (very small percentage of diamonds have it) then it's great, I love it it too. I'll include that in the email to Yekutiel too.

=)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

derbygal|1470695324|4063645 said:
Lovely setting, Gyspy. Hope your kitty is feeling better.
He is, thank you so much. He's enjoying a sun beam just now. :wavey:

Oberst

Shiny_Rock

Uploading a couple of pics of ringband I really like, but in white gold/platinum and not in rose gold like the pictures.
And the thing I was wondering about my last post, is it possible to "skip" the basket so it seems like the diamond is only is hold by the vertical prongs? I trye to implode a picture of that to, I understand my explanation of different things are very newbie, sorry for that.

_5172.jpeg

_5173.jpeg

_5174.jpeg

Q

Queenie60

Hi Oberst - speak to Yekutiel about the type of setting you like. He will be able to accommodate just about any type of setting you're interested in. Based on your photos, tell him that you want the basket to be plain. No pave on the prongs. The setting with the small diamonds around the large diamond is called a halo setting. Yekutiel will be able to help you to decide just what you like. Good luck - you're in good hands and Gypsy got you settled in! And, if she likes white metal, I highly recommend platinum over white gold. Check back and let us know what you decide. Good luck. :wavey:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

http://www.loveaffairdiamonds.com/the-fina-solitaire-setting/ this with a pave shank (diamond band) is what I thought you wanted. You cant go too thin on the band. It will not be durable, especially since the stone is a large one. You want a 2mm shank (shank is the word for the band part). You cant go too dinky on the prongs/basket area either. 2 carats is a large stone and honestly we usually recommend 6 prong setitings for large stones.

Queenie I think he needs to finalize a design first, here, before talking to Yekutiel. And I don't mind helping. ;))

Oberst

Shiny_Rock

Yes I know, forgotten to say without the halo ring, yes like the link, but I'm hoping you can make the vertical sprongs much skinnier, and if that requires a basket, maybe the basket can be a real thin ring inside the four basket so it won't be so visible?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Oberst|1470699956|4063671 said:
Yes I know, forgotten to say without the halo ring, yes like the link, but I'm hoping you can make the vertical sprongs much skinnier, and if that requires a basket, maybe the basket can be a real thin ring inside the four basket so it won't be so visible?

Okay so you can't do that with a 2 carat stone. You either need the thicker prongs or the bar and the bar needs to be structurally safe. I am bot saying there arent rings like that, but th stone pops loose on those after a while. Let me see what I can find I have a ring in mind.

Oberst

Shiny_Rock

Yes gypsy, you totally right it was the one I wanted for the radiant diamond ring.. Before I found out I was way off.. Told my gf about this forum btw and she is very grateful you guys helping out.. Lol, I think she gonna share my user account here when the ring is on here finger :D

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results