shape
carat
color
clarity

Round brilliant cut, 2 ct for 18k$ what's the best option?

Oberst

Shiny_Rock
Re: Round brilliant cut, 2 ct for 18k$ what's the best optio

I think my problem is I'm looking for a ring that can't be done, or it can't be safe anyways..
Uploding a pic of the one of the ring I found in the topic Without a basket.
But I know my girl is wishing for a micro pave she can match with a wedding ring..
I also liked another in the topic of the basket has bin very minimalistic, and in platinum.
I gonna make me a user and print screen my gf dream engagement ring and post it in a couple of min I think it was in here profile

_1319.png

_5175.jpeg

Oberst

Shiny_Rock

Ok this is the only pic I could find of the ring, unfortunately you can't see it from the side but she have told me she don't like the "basket" on rings so I need to find out if I can minimize it as much as possible and still be safe.
And she told me she want the ring to be white, even tho this one is rose gold.

Edit: when I'm looking at it now it looks like crushion cut? But she have told me that round brilliant is the only cut she truly wants

_5176.jpeg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sorry to threadjack. Nomination for sainthood. GYPSY. :appl: :appl: :appl:

Thanks. Threadjack done.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

LLJsmom: :lol:

Oberst

Shiny_Rock

I actually like the first ring you postet, and if that's the thinnest you can get with a two carat I think I would like to work with that ring. I really liked the prongs splitted at the top and with diamonds. So if it's possible to change the basket to a minimal round basket and maybe the diamonds on the ring a little bigger so it won't be much metal on the top I think My gf would be very happy for it

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Oberst|1470704198|4063693 said:
I actually like the first ring you postet, and if that's the thinnest you can get with a two carat I think I would like to work with that ring. I really liked the prongs splitted at the top and with diamonds. So if it's possible to change the basket to a minimal round basket and maybe the diamonds on the ring a little bigger so it won't be much metal on the top I think My gf would be very happy for it
Which ome? Please copy link here. The Jocelyn?

Oberst

Shiny_Rock

Yes, this one

_1320.png

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Okay so diamonds on the bar or plain metal bar?

Oberst

Shiny_Rock

I feel stupid, but im lerning a lot, bar is another word for the shank? I won't this with diamonds like the picture, so diamonds are 3/4 of the shank. Is this shank 2mm? So I can search for pictures on hand and see, and I really like the prongs with diamond and that they splitted on top. The basket I need to find out how we can minimize it so it's not so much. But I really like the ring after watching it some times.
And also, I'm really curious too see your engagement ring Gypsy, is it a post here? How did your husband dare too buy you a ring :D

Oberst

Shiny_Rock

https://youtu.be/yH4AofZxODE
Have a look at this ring gypsy & queen, what do you think?
If I go up to 6 prongs could I go for a thinner shank like this in the video? I'm in love with that ring!

Oberst

Shiny_Rock

I found one in the right color:)

_5186.jpeg

_5187.jpeg

po720

Rough_Rock

Oberst: were you happy with the stone Yekutiel picked for you and the price? I am looking for a similar size stone with just a little lower color and clarity and hope to work with him so just wanted to see how your experience was..

Congratulations on getting this far in the process!

Oberst

Shiny_Rock

I haven't seen the stone yet, but I will post it here when I get it :)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

I love that six prong. Great choice.

Bar is not same as shank. Shank is the band, the ring that goes around your finger. Bar is the bar in the basket (part that holds stone) thay runs perpendicular to the prongs on some rings.

I think the 6 prong is best. Let's do that. Send it to IDJ and tell them what you like best is how delicate the basket is and how it shows off the diamond instead of covering it up.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Ok. I sent IDJ an email about that setting as a follow-up. You are set. Email them or call and tell them who you are and give them your timeline, etc. I told them that fluorescent stones are a plus. I really love that 6 prong setting and think it is thw perfect choice.

For pave you want platinum. So stick with platinum for metal.

:wavey:

Oberst

Shiny_Rock

I have bin nervous today for you too shut the ring I found down, lol..
So glad you liked it!!
im talking to a girl called Denise there and she are going to speak to Yekutirl, crossing my fingers that they find my perfect diamond!

Q

Queenie60

Gypsy|1470776291|4064002 said:
Ok. I sent IDJ an email about that setting as a follow-up. You are set. Email them or call and tell them who you are and give them your timeline, etc. I told them that fluorescent stones are a plus. I really love that 6 prong setting and think it is thw perfect choice.

For pave you want platinum. So stick with platinum for metal.

:wavey:

Gypsy - you're a Gem!!! (no pun intended!) Love the 6 prong with pave shank. It will be a beautiful ring.

JustinVu

Rough_Rock

Oberst|1470593296|4063339 said:
For a couple of months now I have read and watched radiant cutted diamond for buying my girl an engagement ring, was going to order one on Monday but after "Gipsy" advise me to check what here like, I found out I was not in the right direction at all!
She want round brilliant 100%, so I'm glad for the advise so I now are going to buy the ring she truly wants, but since I've only have read about radiant a cut all this time I was hoping for someone with knowledge could tell me how to get the most perfect round brilliant cut 2 ct with a budget 18000$
Im traveling to New York in a months or two from Thursday -Sunday so it need to be a jewler I can trust from ordering it in advance so the ring is ready until my arrival.

Thank you all, and thank you gipsy for making me ask the gf what she truly wants!

I was there, in the exactly same position, eg: looking for a radiant instead of round. Thanks to Gypsy, I realised I was heading the wrong direction. So thumps up for Gypsy again :)

Oberst

Shiny_Rock

JustinVu|1470786157|4064058 said:
Oberst|1470593296|4063339 said:
I was there, in the exactly same position, eg: looking for a radiant instead of round. Thanks to Gypsy, I realised I was heading the wrong direction. So thumps up for Gypsy again :)

Lol yes, I have read your post, I think gypsy and the people here in price scope have saved a lot of guys for making a mistake.
After reading your post I felt we where in the exactly same position

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Gypsy - you're a Gem!!! (no pun intended!) Love the 6 prong with pave shank. It will be a beautiful ring.
Thank you Queenie!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results