carat
color
clarity

Round and Baguette Eternity Bands

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
RandG|1404308119|3705160 said:
Wow- I am really loving the baguette band and I think its exactly what I've been trying to find! I also like the plain platinum band-- was that hammered to give it that vintage look?

Thanks for sharing these. Love, love, love how dainty they are.

If you are talking about Muluver's bands, they really are exquisite, aren't they?! Maybe she will come back and tell us more about all her bands. They would be lovely with your gorgeous collection of rings!

RandG

Brilliant_Rock
Yes- they are stunning! Hoping for more details. I just love bands and they are so easy to wear! I like to buy these pre-loved but the width of the baguette band makes it really unique and hard to find in an estate piece size 4.5, of course. I already sent an email to singlestone :)

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
RandG|1404312847|3705211 said:
Yes- they are stunning! Hoping for more details. I just love bands and they are so easy to wear! I like to buy these pre-loved but the width of the baguette band makes it really unique and hard to find in an estate piece size 4.5, of course. I already sent an email to singlestone :)

Hi RandG!

I think the SS French cut/oec band would play well with your jaw dropping collection!

As for the plain platinum band, I got it from ravensrefuge on etsy. It was custom ordered based on this listing https://www.etsy.com/listing/127283909/dainty-wedding-ring-womens-platinum?ref=cat_gallery_3&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery.. I tweaked it by asking for satin finish and for the dimensions to be 1.8mm wide with 1.5mm height so that the ring wouldn't be as high domed/curved. I think the resulting ring fits better with my stack vs the polished, domed look.

RandG

Brilliant_Rock
I am going to copy the band... I hope you don't mind! Thank you so much for the insight on how you achieved the look. You have an incredible collection of really beautiful stackable bands! I am super envious!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
RandG|1404312847|3705211 said:

Awesome!!! I recently tried on some of their bands and they are absolutely gorgeous! I can't wait to see what you end up choosing!

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
RandG|1404318665|3705279 said:
I am going to copy the band... I hope you don't mind! Thank you so much for the insight on how you achieved the look. You have an incredible collection of really beautiful stackable bands! I am super envious!!!

I don't mind at all!! Thank you for your compliment and I can't wait to see how your bands turn out!

Just FYI, the custom ring will be more expensive than the listing due to the extra amount of platinum.
The exact wording on the order was:
platinum 950
1.8mm wide x 1.5mm thick
domed profile
milgrain edges
satin finish

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this thread!!! :appl:
It's very... enabling :twisted:

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DK made this band for me a long time ago, in platinum, he had to get baguettes custom cut since it was a thin band. I later sold it, my finger grew and unfortunately was too tight for me :(sad I have to start buying rings in at least 1/2 size larger now adays to compensate for my anticipated growth spurt, anyways showing with a flat 2mm pipe band

dscn0138.jpg

dscn0139.jpg

RandG

Brilliant_Rock
Muluver|1404326884|3705365 said:

I don't mind at all!! Thank you for your compliment and I can't wait to see how your bands turn out!

Just FYI, the custom ring will be more expensive than the listing due to the extra amount of platinum.
platinum 950
1.8mm wide x 1.5mm thick
domed profile
milgrain edges
satin finish

That helps a lot! Laura is working on a quote for the plain band like your band and their baguette band as well. They do one that's 2mm, while the Singlestone version is 2.3mm. Both of the rings I would pair these bands with have a 1.8mm shank so I think I need to stay as thin as possible. I tried my own 2.5mm baguette band and it was too thick. What do you think of this vendors work? It's been year's since I've worked with someone on a custom piece. Were you happy with their delivery and fulfillment of your overall request?

RandG

Brilliant_Rock
D&T|1404328510|3705382 said:
DK made this band for me a long time ago, in platinum, he had to get baguettes custom cut since it was a thin band. I later sold it, my finger grew and unfortunately was too tight for me :(sad I have to start buying rings in at least 1/2 size larger now adays to compensate for my anticipated growth spurt, anyways showing with a flat 2mm pipe band

This is lovely too!

Indican

Shiny_Rock
Love these bands DS! :love:

Reminds me of my favorite celebrity ring combo, Kate Beckinsale's set:

kb1.jpg

_19764.jpg

kb3.jpg

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
RandG|1404339172|3705504 said:
Muluver|1404326884|3705365 said:

platinum 950
1.8mm wide x 1.5mm thick
domed profile
milgrain edges
satin finish

That helps a lot! Laura is working on a quote for the plain band like your band and their baguette band as well. They do one that's 2mm, while the Singlestone version is 2.3mm. Both of the rings I would pair these bands with have a 1.8mm shank so I think I need to stay as thin as possible. I tried my own 2.5mm baguette band and it was too thick. What do you think of this vendors work? It's been year's since I've worked with someone on a custom piece. Were you happy with their delivery and fulfillment of your overall request?

Overall, I was very happy with them! I have absolutely no complaints about the plain platinum band at all. I also ordered a baguette band from them (posted pic below) at the same time and the only issue i have with the baguette band is that it is a little to high/think for me. The dimensions for the baguette band on the order form was 2 mm wide x 2 mm think. I just didn't realize that 2 mm thick is a bit too high for my personal preference. So if you are considering a similar baguette band from them, I would make sure that you are OK with the dimensions of your order.

_19786.jpg

_19787.jpg

_19788.jpg

RandG

Brilliant_Rock
I am so glad you shared that! Here's how they described the baguette band: The bagette ring in platinum 950, 2mm x 1.5-1.7mm, with milgrain edges, with (7) VS / G-H baguettes. Each baguette is 3mm x 1.25mm in dimension.

Does that sound like it would word? I also want it to sit low and thin.

ElleElle

Shiny_Rock
RandG|1404421740|3706250 said:
I am so glad you shared that! Here's how they described the baguette band: The bagette ring in platinum 950, 2mm x 1.5-1.7mm, with milgrain edges, with (7) VS / G-H baguettes. Each baguette is 3mm x 1.25mm in dimension.

I am in the exact same boat as you! I want a platinum baguette half eternity that is very dainty and thin and sits low and flush with my engagement ring. Here is what I was considering copying my design after, as it looks like it sits very low and is very thin. Her dimensions are listed:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/171655082/river-of-light-band?ref=pr_faveitems
Thoughts?

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock

That sounds perfect! Mine pretty much was the same specs except mine is 2mm thick with 14 baguettes. I wish I had gone with your option instead. The milgrain detail that they do is great as you can see in the pics.

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
ElleElle|1404422462|3706254 said:

I am in the exact same boat as you! I want a platinum baguette half eternity that is very dainty and thin and sits low and flush with my engagement ring. Here is what I was considering copying my design after, as it looks like it sits very low and is very thin. Her dimensions are listed:
Thoughts?

I ran across the same ring while I was researching for mine and there were 2 reasons I didn't go with that seller: 1) at that time they didn't offer platinum although I see that they do now; and 2) the seller seems to use smaller/shorter baguettes and I preferred the longer baguettes of ravensrefuge

ElleElle

Shiny_Rock
Muluver|1404424614|3706274 said:

Thoughts?

I ran across the same ring while I was researching for mine and there were 2 reasons I didn't go with that seller: 1) at that time they didn't offer platinum although I see that they do now; and 2) the seller seems to use smaller/shorter baguettes and I preferred the longer baguettes of ravensrefuge
Yes big difference in baguette sizes! Thanks for this etsy designer recommendation! I will inquire about one in plat and a smaller height/wall mm.

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
ElleElle|1404425257|3706277 said:
Muluver|1404424614|3706274 said:

Thoughts?

Yes big difference in baguette sizes! Thanks for this etsy designer recommendation! I will inquire about one in plat and a smaller height/wall mm.

You're welcome! Here is another band I considered http://www.greenwichjewelers.com/shop/designers/beverley-k/products/beverley-k-baguette-diamond-band that you also may like. But due to the price, I decided to go with etsy.

RandG

Brilliant_Rock

Thoughts?

Oh my... that's really lovely too! Have you bought from the seller before and you feel comfortable?

RandG

Brilliant_Rock
Muluver|1404423855|3706264 said:

That sounds perfect! Mine pretty much was the same specs except mine is 2mm thick with 14 baguettes. I wish I had gone with your option instead. The milgrain detail that they do is great as you can see in the pics.

Not to be a pain in the you know what...but this is the first custom made ring I've bought in a long time and I don't want to error! Can you take a look at this and tell me if it looks right to you (other than the part about gold, because I did specify I want platinum) :

platinum 950
2mm wide
thickness ranging from 1.5mm at the base to 1.7mm (possibly less) at the top
(7) VS / G-H quality baguettes, each 3mm x 1.25mm, channel set
milgrain on exterior edges of ring next to baguettes
polished finish
size 4.5

(pictured band is as described, but made in 14k yellow gold with SI / G-H quality stones)

ElleElle

Shiny_Rock
RandG|1404470120|3706625 said:

Thoughts?

Oh my... that's really lovely too! Have you bought from the seller before and you feel comfortable?
Hi RandG-
I have not purchased from this seller, so I have no feedback other than she has great reviews on etsy and sells her ring here too:
https://catbirdnyc.com/shop/product.php?productid=19357&cat=0&page=1
The difference between this baguette band and Muluver's is the size of the baguettes. The larger the baguette size (length and carat) the more metal they will need to use so the diamond is not exposed. If you want a very dainty look you may want to go with the smaller baguette size. I actually started another thread to get opinions on the two styles I'm deciding between. I was advised in the thread that if I want the band to sit flush with my engagement ring that I should not buy sight unseen as you can not return or change if it's not up to my standards. So now I'm currently looking into local jewelers to either purchase a ready-made one or have it custom made with my engagement ring as a guide. Here's my thread:
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/opinions-on-diamond-wedding-band.203655/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/opinions-on-diamond-wedding-band.203655/[/URL]

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
hey DS- have something to show us, yet?????? :naughty: I may have seen a sneak peek on Facebook! Looks beautiful :love: :love: :love:

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
i just saw it, too!!! Yummy!!!!
But i think CVB has just made it and as yet to ship it out. i suspect that DS will get it early next week!!! YES- it looks great!!!!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty, DS! :appl: Need some handshots soon!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooh, just checked it out, can't wait to see it!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:appl: it looks beautiful DS!
I am sure you will love it once you have it on your finger. Looking forward to see your hand shots.

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love the color!! It is beautiful, need to see hand shots as soon as you get it! :appl: :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1403577785|3699706 said:
I am starting this thread to explore beautiful deco round and baguette eternity bands so as not to derail another thread. I have wanted one of these bands for the longest time, and I have recently had the chance to see some in person.

First, I saw a gorgeous band by Singlestone. It actually had french cut baguettes!!! :love: It was 1.9 ctw and probably close to 3mm wide. I didn't measure the width. Price was too high for me, so I continued to look.

Croghan's just launched an ecommerce site, so they now have published the price of this band (and many other Single Stone pieces although not usually labeled as such). The link is below for the curious...

http://www.croghansjewelbox.com/collections/new-arrivals/products/oec-diamond-band
SINGLE STONE DIAMOND BAND

ITEM #110-2335

18KT YELLOW GOLD OLD EUROPEAN CUT AND BAGUETTE CUT DIAMOND BAND TOTALING 1.90 CARATS. RING SIZE 6.

DIAMOND COLOR: G/H

DIAMOND CLARITY: VS1

$ 8,700.00

_20340.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rosebloom|1405636344|3715362 said:
diamondseeker2006|1403577785|3699706 said:
I am starting this thread to explore beautiful deco round and baguette eternity bands so as not to derail another thread. I have wanted one of these bands for the longest time, and I have recently had the chance to see some in person.

First, I saw a gorgeous band by Singlestone. It actually had french cut baguettes!!! :love: It was 1.9 ctw and probably close to 3mm wide. I didn't measure the width. Price was too high for me, so I continued to look.

Croghan's just launched an ecommerce site, so they now have published the price of this band (and many other Single Stone pieces although not usually labeled as such). The link is below for the curious...

http://www.croghansjewelbox.com/collections/new-arrivals/products/oec-diamond-band
SINGLE STONE DIAMOND BAND

ITEM #110-2335

18KT YELLOW GOLD OLD EUROPEAN CUT AND BAGUETTE CUT DIAMOND BAND TOTALING 1.90 CARATS. RING SIZE 6.

DIAMOND COLOR: G/H

DIAMOND CLARITY: VS1

$ 8,700.00

I saw the FB announcement about the site, and I glanced at it quickly. That price is about what I'd expect since the two platinum ones I tried on in May were in the $9k range. Those prices are crazy...that is all I can say!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results