shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on diamond wedding band

ElleElle

Shiny_Rock
Hello!
I have my diamond and setting now just need the wedding band.
I found two I love from the internet and will have one custom made in platinum once I decide.
I want the band to sit flush with the setting so I'm thinking the channel set with a 1-1.5mm side wall may work better?? This will be a sight unseen purchase so I want to get it right the first time. Do you think the all baguette channel set option will look good with my round or the round/baguette combo?
Photos below of my setting and the two band options.
Thanks!

_19791.jpg

photo__6_20.jpg

bagring.jpg

ringidea11.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you mean round and baguette channel set? If so, that would be my choice between those two, although I love the rounds and baguettes bezeled (I will attach a picture). I love the all baguette band but would use that with a step cut diamond.

1.5mm sides on the channel would be way too wide. That would be 3mm of metal showing not counting the diamonds. I would strongly encourage you to buy an existing band and not have it custom made. That way you can try on bands and return if it doesn't work. Or at least figure out exactly what you want before you have it custom made. Here are some great options:

http://www.thefacetscollection.com/Horizontal-Baguette-And-Round-Cut-s/1848.htm

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is pretty. I agree to avoid a custom made band because you won't be able to return it if you don't like it with your ring. I would go try on as many styles as you can then try to find the one you like in better quality online.

rockhoundofficiando

Shiny_Rock
You may want to consider what will sit flush with your engagement ring. You may have no choice but to go custom.

ElleElle

Shiny_Rock
Thanks all for the feedback. I think I will go local custom or local jewelry store instead of ordering as I know I would be very disappointed if the band did not sit flush.

ElleElle

Shiny_Rock
Based on the PS boards it seems like Victor Canera, David Klass and Singlestone are the trusted custom jewelers in LA? Seems like Victor is the priciest though(but possibly the best). Do you think David or Singlesone could make me one of these rings for less and still top quality?

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
ElleElle|1404682994|3707824 said:
Based on the PS boards it seems like Victor Canera, David Klass and Singlestone are the trusted custom jewelers in LA? Seems like Victor is the priciest though(but possibly the best). Do you think David or Singlesone could make me one of these rings for less and still top quality?

Singlestone will be the most expensive by far. David should be the cheapest. If you are determined to go local I would get a quote from him.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
liaerfbv|1404748921|3708189 said:

Singlestone will be the most expensive by far. David should be the cheapest. If you are determined to go local I would get a quote from him.

Yep, Singlestone is the highest. I think Victor is the best but will be higher than DK, but that is because his rings are hand forged.

I did want to add that there is a lot less risk ordering a ring from somewhere like Facets considering it could be returned. If you order custom and don't like it, you are totally stuck! But it usually works if you know exactly what you want.

ElleElle

Shiny_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1404750067|3708202 said:
liaerfbv|1404748921|3708189 said:

Yep, Singlestone is the highest. I think Victor is the best but will be higher than DK, but that is because his rings are hand forged.

I did want to add that there is a lot less risk ordering a ring from somewhere like Facets considering it could be returned. If you order custom and don't like it, you are totally stuck! But it usually works if you know exactly what you want.
Thanks for your replies. I would rather buy a pre-made ring but I am a size 4.5 and usually cannot find that size without special sizing or going custom, which means usually no returns. Also I want the band to sit flush and so far the baguette bands I've tried on do not, only micro pave 1mm bands with round diamonds do. I'm going to call David Klass to get a quote and look around at jewelry stores in my area in the meantime!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results