shape
carat
color
clarity

Round and Baguette Eternity Bands

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am starting this thread to explore beautiful deco round and baguette eternity bands so as not to derail another thread. I have wanted one of these bands for the longest time, and I have recently had the chance to see some in person.

First, I saw a gorgeous band by Singlestone. It actually had french cut baguettes!!! :love: It was 1.9 ctw and probably close to 3mm wide. I didn't measure the width. Price was too high for me, so I continued to look.

2014-05-05_6.jpg

2014-05-05_7.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The other Singlestone band I tried was around 2.2+ ctw with regular baguettes and rounds and around the same price as the first one. It was a little wider, so I'd estimate 3mm or slightly wider. Sorry I don't have very clear pictures of this one. I don't want to give exact prices since they will vary so much depending on weight and other factors, but I will say these are in the $7500-$10k range.

2014-05-05_8.jpg

2014-05-05_9.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Next, Julian at Pearlman's was kind enough to let me try a sample Beverley K ring to see their size and quality. The sample had sapphires even though I was looking for all diamonds and it was 2mm. It was smaller than I wanted, but it is a lovely band for anyone interested in a small size. You can get them in 18k wg or platinum.

This link says 2.5mm, but I do not think the band I tried on was more than 2.0-2.2mm because it was almost exactly the width of my Legacy band.

http://www.pearlmansjewelers.com/jewelry-designers/beverley-k-jewelry/rings/125PP1/

_19458.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My next stop was Caysie van Bebber, who has been making some really gorgeous antique style jewelry including eternity rings.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/forum/show-me-the-ring/show-me-your-cvb-t201715.html']https://www.pricescope.com/forum/show-me-the-ring/show-me-your-cvb-t201715.html[/URL]

I felt like she would be a great one to make this band. When I talked with her, she mentioned that she could access french cut sapphires! So I decided to try out one of these rings with the sapphire and diamond combination first, and then I may decide to have an all diamond one made as well. Her pricing is within the realm of possibility (and much better than SS), and she is really delightful to work with!

I have no pictures yet, but the ring will be around 2.6mm and should be ready in a couple of weeks. I will start a thread at that time and add it to this thread.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another source for this style band is ID Jewelry. The prices are also reasonable but it can take up to 8 weeks or so to receive the band.

Magpie just posted her lovely all diamond band here:

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/idj-band-finally-arrived.203304/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/idj-band-finally-arrived.203304/[/URL]

Her ring is 2mm and .6 cts and she mentioned that it can also be ordered in a .9 ct size as well. Hers is a great size for stacking, as you can see!

idjbandmagpie1.jpg

idjbandmagpie2.jpg

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for starting this thread, DS! Your comparison pictures are very helpful.

Are you comfortable sharing if the CVB band is closer to IDJ, Bev K or SS prices?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mom2boys|1403580264|3699732 said:

Wonderful, thank you so much! I am preparing to go out of town in the morning and really shouldn't be on here at all! But FancyDiamond asked about a wider one being made, so I just had to tell her my journey in trying to get a band! I have a feeling you and I are going to have multiple pieces alike! (Although you are safe in the ring department as I cannot quite copy those! ;)) :bigsmile: )

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1403580574|3699735 said:

Wonderful, thank you so much! I am preparing to go out of town in the morning and really shouldn't be on here at all! But FancyDiamond asked about a wider one being made, so I just had to tell her my journey in trying to get a band! I have a feeling you and I are going to have multiple pieces alike! (Although you are safe in the ring department as I cannot quite copy those! ;)) :bigsmile: )

Ha, ha, we will be twinsies in many ways soon! ;)) BTW, I love how the sapphires pop next to your AVR! :))

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rosebloom|1403580405|3699733 said:
Thank you for starting this thread, DS! Your comparison pictures are very helpful.

Are you comfortable sharing if the CVB band is closer to IDJ, Bev K or SS prices?

Does anyone know the IDJ platinum prices? Because I really don't know that or their diamond specs, which is important.

SS is easily double to triple all of the others. However, if one wants french cut diamond baguettes, I suppose they will have to pay the price. I think BK is priced a little high because of branding but much lower than SS. So I will place CVB better priced than BK at the moment. And she makes the rings custom to whatever size band you want (like SS) whereas BK and probably IDJ have one or two ctw options. CVB also uses high color and clarity diamonds as well.

emmebee

Shiny_Rock
You are awesome, DS, thank you so much for this post!! :appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mom2boys|1403580960|3699743 said:
diamondseeker2006|1403580574|3699735 said:

Ha, ha, we will be twinsies in many ways soon! ;)) BTW, I love how the sapphires pop next to your AVR! :))

:lol: I think we have very similar taste!

I wasn't planning on sapphires but I love them, so when she said she could get french cut ones, I decided it wouldn't hurt to have two! My sapphires will be lighter than those in the BK ring, though.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
emmebee|1403581234|3699749 said:
You are awesome, DS, thank you so much for this post!! :appl:

You are so welcome, emme! I love these bands and it was just funny that others had questions on Magpie's thread and I had recently been exploring all the options myself!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, and one more detail. The two SS bands were not engraved on the sides. The BK ring is engraved on the sides, and CVB will do hers either way. I decided to add the engraving to the sapphire band to see how I like it.

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
DS, I also love the SS band, but not the price tag. The BK band is gorgeous also and the price I was quoted was around a quarter of the SS price in wg. The BK band was quoted in Sapphires and Diamonds. The IDJ came in at half the BK in wg, add another $400 for platinum. The IDJ was quoted in all diamonds. It's only approximate prices because obviously it depends on ring size as well.

I am looking forward to seeing your CVB band too, they have some lovely pieces. This is going to be a great thread, these lovely vintage style bands are becoming very popular now. :wavey:

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is mine! :wavey:
There are quite a few similar ones on Ebay..

photo-333.jpg

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1403581150|3699746 said:
Rosebloom|1403580405|3699733 said:

Does anyone know the IDJ platinum prices? Because I really don't know that or their diamond specs, which is important.

SS is easily double to triple all of the others. However, if one wants french cut diamond baguettes, I suppose they will have to pay the price. I think BK is priced a little high because of branding but much lower than SS. So I will place CVB better priced than BK at the moment. And she makes the rings custom to whatever size band you want (like SS) whereas BK and probably IDJ have one or two ctw options. CVB also uses high color and clarity diamonds as well.

I will be stopping by IDJ tomorrow- do you want me to ask prices of them for you?

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
pinkjewel|1403637000|3700201 said:
I will be stopping by IDJ tomorrow- do you want me to ask prices of them for you?

Yes, please find out the price for the 0.9 ct one in platinum. In addition, I would like to know the thickness and width. If you can take a finger shot of it stacked with Ering, It would be very helpful. Thanks.

Now, in terms of quality of diamond and metal workmanship, please comment. I know everyone's standard is different, but your assessment will help.

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
CVB also uses high color and clarity diamonds as well.

This information is very important to me. Since you have seen the quality of diamonds and metal work from various vendors' jewelry, your assessment is very valid and helpful.

Thank you for starting this helpful thread. I'll be checking it for any update.

A completely different question. If you had to choose only one band between this round and baguette eternity and your milgrained French Cut eternity, which would you choose? I am also considering a 2-ctw French Cut eternity band. Just do not know where I can get one that is of good quality and reasonable price. if you have information, please start another thread, so we can all benefit from your wisdom and experience.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is my Gabriel & Co band..................

img_4924.jpg

img_4925.jpg

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
FancyDiamond|1403639611|3700216 said:

Yes, please find out the price for the 0.9 ct one in platinum. In addition, I would like to know the thickness and width. If you can take a finger shot of it stacked with Ering, It would be very helpful. Thanks.

Now, in terms of quality of diamond and metal workmanship, please comment. I know everyone's standard is different, but your assessment will help.
ok- I'm on it!! ;-)

SandyCheeks

Brilliant_Rock
Here's my IDJ in 14k rose gold

_19492.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FancyDiamond|1403640300|3700220 said:
CVB also uses high color and clarity diamonds as well.

This information is very important to me. Since you have seen the quality of diamonds and metal work from various vendors' jewelry, your assessment is very valid and helpful.

Thank you for starting this helpful thread. I'll be checking it for any update.

A completely different question. If you had to choose only one band between this round and baguette eternity and your milgrained French Cut eternity, which would you choose? I am also considering a 2-ctw French Cut eternity band. Just do not know where I can get one that is of good quality and reasonable price. if you have information, please start another thread, so we can all benefit from your wisdom and experience.

Thanks, FD! It does help me so much to see them in person to assess quality. The French cut eternity belongs to Mom2boys and I was just trying it on. I also adore French cut bands but would also want 2.5-3mm for that as well. Ultimately I would like to have both the round and baguette and French cut bands. But the main reason I am pursuing the r/b band first is because it will cost less. I would probably use Victor for a French cut band, and a wider one will really be expensive. My concern with those is that French cuts can be deep and larger stones might make the ring sit high. But I haven't gotten a quote on that exact band from him and I would have to ask him about the finished height. I do know that Caysie sometimes gets antique French cuts, so you could ask her if you are interested in those. Otherwise, aside from Victor, a member here bought a French cut band from Langs, but I don't think those are lower in price. The SS ring with French cut baguettes and rounds was pretty outstanding, but I can't bring myself to pay that much!

I think with a mrb I might choose the rounds and baguettes whereas with the AVR, either would work well since they are both antique style rings. You could use full cut ideal rounds in the r/b band to compliment your e-ring diamond if that is what you plan to wear it with. I don't think I mentioned it before but Caysie is using single cuts in my sapphire and diamond band.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
pinkjewel|1403650537|3700356 said:
FancyDiamond|1403639611|3700216 said:

ok- I'm on it!! ;-)

Awesome! I am curious about this as well, but I think the .90 is going to still have to be relatively small since the smaller of the two SS bands was 1.9 cts. I'd like to know who makes his, too.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Monnyjay|1403620770|3700011 said:
DS, I also love the SS band, but not the price tag. The BK band is gorgeous also and the price I was quoted was around a quarter of the SS price in wg. The BK band was quoted in Sapphires and Diamonds. The IDJ came in at half the BK in wg, add another $400 for platinum. The IDJ was quoted in all diamonds. It's only approximate prices because obviously it depends on ring size as well.

I am looking forward to seeing your CVB band too, they have some lovely pieces. This is going to be a great thread, these lovely vintage style bands are becoming very popular now. :wavey:

Thanks for the info, Monny! Sounds like the IDJ band is a good buy for those who want a 2mm. I don't think Caysie is a lot more, but I do know she uses colorless stones and VS-VVS clarity. Hopefully PJ can find out the other specs on the IDJ band.

Love seeing all the bands! We have a very good collection represented on this thread! Thanks for posting them ladies! The rose gold is very pretty, Sandy!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Oooh, I love this thread!

CrazyBirdLady

Shiny_Rock
pregcurious|1403666437|3700568 said:

Agreed. I'll be watching closely because I'd love one of these bands but don't want to pay a fortune for it.

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
CrazyBirdLady|1403682581|3700662 said:
pregcurious|1403666437|3700568 said:

Agreed. I'll be watching closely because I'd love one of these bands but don't want to pay a fortune for it.

+1

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1403664029|3700546 said:
Awesome! I am curious about this as well, but I think the .90 is going to still have to be relatively small since the smaller of the two SS bands was 1.9 cts. I'd like to know who makes his, too.

DS, I notice something from everyone's photos. Almost all R&B bands shown here except your large larger (2-ctw and larger) SS bands are close to 2-mm wide, and they look pleasingly beautiful and in proportion. I can see more units of the round and baguette on the finger, so the pattern is clear. On the contrary, in your larger SS bands, I see less units and each diamond is more round in shape. From a distance, the units look more like all round diamonds. As a result, I cannot readily see the beautiful round and baguette pattern. Therefore, as much as I am greedy and want larger diamonds, I think I need to limit the size of the band to under 2-ctw. Therefore, I am very curious about what pinkjewel will find out from IDJ's larger, 0.9 ctw band.

As for French Cut band, I think from looking at all the photos, a large size one, like 2-cwt, looks best. Lang's website has one available, but the metalwork looks a bit too busy for my liking, and it is a little overpriced. I prefer the smaller one that PSer bought. Thanks for the vendor information.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FancyDiamond|1403699650|3700760 said:
diamondseeker2006|1403664029|3700546 said:

DS, I notice something from everyone's photos. Almost all R&B bands shown here except your large larger (2-ctw and larger) SS bands are close to 2-mm wide, and they look pleasingly beautiful and in proportion. I can see more units of the round and baguette on the finger, so the pattern is clear. On the contrary, in your larger SS bands, I see less units and each diamond is more round in shape. From a distance, the units look more like all round diamonds. As a result, I cannot readily see the beautiful round and baguette pattern. Therefore, as much as I am greedy and want larger diamonds, I think I need to limit the size of the band to under 2-ctw. Therefore, I am very curious about what pinkjewel will find out from IDJ's larger, 0.9 ctw band.

As for French Cut band, I think from looking at all the photos, a large size one, like 2-cwt, looks best. Lang's website has one available, but the metalwork looks a bit too busy for my liking, and it is a little overpriced. I prefer the smaller one that PSer bought. Thanks for the vendor information.

I agree that the looks of a large and small band like this have different looks and I could see having one of each. But I felt when I tried on the smaller BK band that from a distance it wouldn't look all that different from my Legacy band because the sections are so small. So maybe the .90 is a good compromise. I hope they have one that PinkJewel can see and take pictures of. Plus we will soon be able to see the dimensions of the 2.6 mm one that I am getting and that should be between the sizes of the SS and BK.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results