shape
carat
color
clarity

CVB Inspired Design sapphire and diamond deco band

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
From the moment I saw the first pieces posted here by Caysie van Bebber of CVB Inspired Design, I knew I would eventually work with her. I saw that she had a gift in that she had perhaps the best CAD designs I had ever seen. She is a talented artist and it shows in her designs. Rings such as Chumley girl's sapphire ring were right up my alley, and eventually I contacted Caysie just to explore ideas. I had been wanting a round and rectangular milgrain bezel deco band and learned that Caysie could source gorgeous blue french cut sapphires! So she designed the ring I wanted made in platinum with french cut sapphires and single cut diamonds.

Caysie sent me her pics of the ring at the end of last week, and I received the ring today! I will have to say that is even more delicate and beautiful than the pictures! The sapphires are a beautiful medium blue and very brilliant, and I couldn't be more pleased! I found Caysie to be delightful to work with, and I hope to have many opportunities to do so in the future! THANKS, Caysie!!!!!!!! :appl:

So here are her pictures to start, and then I will have a couple more posts with some hand shots (which are not nearly as good as hers)! (Don't be fooled by the highly magnified pics because the milgrain is tiny and delicate in real life as you can see in the hand shots!)

_20308.jpg

_20309.jpg

_20310.jpg

_20311.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Most of my pictures are taken inside, so the lighting varied depending on where the pictures were taken. But the sapphires did well in all the lighting environments and stayed blue rather than turning too dark!

a_2014-07-16_11.jpg

b_2014-07-16_11.jpg

c_2014-07-16_11.jpg

d_2014-07-16_11.jpg

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Ahhhh it looks so lovely!!! Perfect width and that milgrain is seriously perfect

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are the last ones! The last pic is not very good, but I put on my sapphire Beaudry ring with it just to show that the sapphires can work together, although I would always wear the rings on different hands and not like this. I do think these pictures show the sapphires darker than they are in real life.

e_2014-07-16_12.jpg

f_2014-07-16_13.jpg

h_2014-07-16_13.jpg

i_2014-07-16_13.jpg

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! Love that blue color :love:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful.

Isn't it amazing how her millgraining doesn't translate to photos? It seems like it won't be 1/3 as delicate as it is in real life.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks pandabee, baby monster, and Niel!

Niel, yes! I can't believe how delicate the ring really is! I am always worried about milgrain because I have seen bad milgrain many times, but Caysie's rings are so well done!

ElleElle

Shiny_Rock
very very pretty and looks great stacked with both of your rings!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a pretty stack, DS! :appl: Love the color of the sapphires! :love: If I didn't use up all of my bling budget recently, I'd be getting an all diamond version from Caysie asap! ;( I think you should seriously reconsider any reset and just keep your ER as is so you can wear this band with it! :cheeky:

Can we see some more profile views and outdoor shots, too? Thx!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely gorgeous band! :love: Beautifully executed, the workmanship is top-notch! Love the splash of color the sapphires give to your set - I don't know DS, I'm starting to think you should keep your ering as is because this is a stunning look! :clap:

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
DS, it is GORGEOUS!! I've never seen a band like that (baguette/bezeled rounds) in real life & am really intrigued! It is really pretty!! :appl: :love: :love: how wide is it & how tall is it? Maybe I missed the stats, I apologize if it's some where...off to look... :read: & also, it rocks with your AVR... :love:

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
DS, your new band is gorgeous and looks good stacked with your AVR and Beaudry rings. :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ElleElle|1405565728|3714803 said:
very very pretty and looks great stacked with both of your rings!

Thanks so much!
CvB_ID said:
Oh, DS...the band looks stunning on your hand :appl: & I'm so very pleased that you love it. The ring, as you said, doesn't quite photograph as well as it appears IRL, but I'm not complaining! That's always a good surprise :naughty: The millegrain does photograph a little pronounced, my bench does his millegrain by hand, not with the millegraining tool, so it's it's truly hand executed. Anyhow, I'm so happy that you love it and I look forward to more pix!!

He did a very nice job with the milgrain and with the whole ring, for that matter! Glad you saw the post...I was going to send you the link! Thanks again, Caysie!

mom2boys said:
What a pretty stack, DS! :appl: Love the color of the sapphires! :love: If I didn't use up all of my bling budget recently, I'd be getting an all diamond version from Caysie asap! ;( I think you should seriously reconsider any reset and just keep your ER as is so you can wear this band with it! :cheeky:

Can we see some more profile views and outdoor shots, too? Thx!

Thanks, m2b! I originally was going to do all diamonds but when Caysie told me she had french cut sapphires, I decided to try it with those first! This band is a good width for stacking, but if I had an all diamond one done, I'd probably go for 3mm so it could be a single band to make it look different from this one. I don't have the finger real estate to wear a wider e-ring with 2 bands, so for now, I am not rushing to reset the solitaire. I do hope you'll get a diamond one eventually...I love the design!

I'll see if I can get more pics tomorrow. This is my countdown week for our daughter's trip and getting ready for college, so I am kind of swamped!

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Hi DS- a stunning set!!! Love how it all stacks together!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
junebug17|1405567260|3714815 said:
Absolutely gorgeous band! :love: Beautifully executed, the workmanship is top-notch! Love the splash of color the sapphires give to your set - I don't know DS, I'm starting to think you should keep your ering as is because this is a stunning look! :clap:

Well thanks, junebug! I am so pleased with the band! It surely would be easier to leave the AVR as it is! I know I couldn't wear the two bands with a more elaborate e-ring, so I would have to alternate them if I changed settings. But nothing is really tempting me at the moment, so I think I will enjoy them like this for awhile!

sarahb said:
DS, it is GORGEOUS!! I've never seen a band like that (baguette/bezeled rounds) in real life & am really intrigued! It is really pretty!! :appl: :love: :love: how wide is it & how tall is it? Maybe I missed the stats, I apologize if it's some where...off to look... :read: & also, it rocks with your AVR... :love:

Thank you so much, sarah! I rarely see them, either, but I have loved the design since I first saw them online! No, I haven't posted specs. Let me grab my calipers and see. Looks like 2.2mm wide which is about the exact same as the Legacy band. I didn't want to tighten the calipers but I got 1.9mm for the height which is also about the same as the Legacy band. We didn't plan it that way, but it certainly worked out well!

thecat said:
DS, your new band is gorgeous and looks good stacked with your AVR and Beaudry rings. :love:

Thanks!!! :wavey:

gregchang35 said:
Hi DS- a stunning set!!! Love how it all stacks together!!!

So glad you approve, greg!!! Thanks!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty ring DS!..looks great with your other rings... :appl:

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Fabulous ring DS! I too have loved this style since first seeing it and this is really tempting. I actually love how it looks with your sapphire ring. Gorgeous combo.

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Rosebloom|1405571865|3714852 said:
Fabulous ring DS! I too have loved this style since first seeing it and this is really tempting. I actually love how it looks with your sapphire ring. Gorgeous combo.

+1- Adore it with the sapphire ring.

What a gorgeous ring, love it. Beautifully executed. Congrats!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DS what a beautiful ring! It looks gorgeous with all your rings!

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Oh my, bee-yoo-tiful!! Congrats DS, your collection is becoming quite enviable. Love it all the ways you pictured it, stacked, with your gorgeous AVR, and especially with the Beaudry. I have some serious green eyed monster going on :love: :mrgreen: :love:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's stunning DS and creates such beautiful stacks!!
The combination with your AVR as well as your sapphire Beaudry ring is just divine.

The colour of the sapphires is so beautiful :love:
Caysie did a great job with this band. I can see why you are thrilled. Please post lots more pics!!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It really is beautiful DS - I love the color and cut of those sapphires! I like your idea about an all diamond band being a bit wider - it would be stunning too! Congrats and so glad you are pleased with the band!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
It is beautiful!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Diamondseeker, this band is gorgeous and with both your AVR and Beaudry ring it looks amazing. :love: Lots of good combinations with this new ring.
I love the color of the sapphires and I am also a big french cut fan. :love:

Enjoy all your beautiful rings in health and happiness. :appl:

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock
one of my favorite styles....and as usual, CVB did a breathtaking job!

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautifully done!

joolsiepetunia

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I adore sapphires! What a beautiful band!!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
That is one gorgeous band :love: I agree with many of the previous posters, it looks perfect with your AVR and stacked with your Legacy...I adore it stacked with the Beaudry ring :love: :love: :love:

CVB is at the top of my list for my next project. Such lovely pieces shown on PS. :appl:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Gorgeous Jan! I know you've had your eye on a band like that for a while! It looks awesome with your AVR!!! Congrats!!

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous DS, and looks beautiful with your other rings. I'm not generally a blue sapphire lover, but I really love the french cut sapphires in your ring! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results