shape
carat
color
clarity

rough rock vs. cut rock?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

scotch

Rough_Rock
Over at DT, the levels go like this: Guest, Zircon, Opal, Turquoise, Sapphire, Emerald, Banned
14.gif
sad.gif

Scotch

69gm

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 6/24/2003 9
6.gif
2:20 AM fire&ice wrote:

----------------
On 6/24/2003 7:38:39 AM Richard Sherwood wrote:

I like the cut of that rock...
----------------

All the right angles?
9.gif

----------------

check out my crown and pavilion? no wait...
tongue.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock

----------------
On 6/24/2003 11:34:16 AM scotch wrote:
Over at DT, the levels go like this: Guest, Zircon, Opal, Turquoise, Sapphire, Emerald, Banned
14.gif
sad.gif

Scotch----------------
With all due respect, if that's what they do over at DT, I'm glad they don't do it here.

They aren't exactly the model of how I think a forum should run.

P.S. Honestly, I don't see why it makes a difference over there what the level is....they seem intent on banning folks before they can contribute enough to move up the chain anyway.

DancinGirl

Shiny_Rock
Okay - thanks GUYS! You have inspired me to change it now!
2.gif

Although you may want to call me a Firey Cut Rock because I just got back from the beach and I'm slightly lobsterish!
angryfire.gif

But then again - we all like when those rocks have fire, right??
love.gif

Wheres my aloe?
Up_to_something.gif

rbjd

Shiny_Rock
I just noticed I'm now a Cut Rock (and I didn't even have to pay for it)! Just goes to show sometimes quality counts over quantity! Thanks Leonid!

Meraj

Rough_Rock
----------------
On 6/23/2003 7:43:13 PM leonid wrote:

It is just for fun and depends on number of posts
1.gif

However, we can turn it into something more serious - suggestions are welcome
1.gif

----------------

Lenoid - I think it should be the following:

Experts = if they have a gem certification or credentials; own business

Cut Rock = If they bot a diamond using the info and education that this forum provides. Made a good choice through great education via this forum etc.

? Rock = If they are still searching for the perfect diamond.

Newbie Rock = Starting out and learning or just wanting to talk and have fun. Not really looking for that perfect diamond.

I think this way, everyone will have an idea of where we are all at and it would make this forum more user friendlier. (It's already friendly- just want to improve)

What do you all think????
9.gif
Let Lenoid know!!!

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Meraj, interesting idea. I shall check how I can implement it
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Leo! If you're looking into changing it...my two cents is to have differentiators that do show the difference between trade and consumers.

Maybe two levels of consumers, those who have graduated from newbie and those who are just starting out. This is where 'rough rock' and 'cut rock' I think still sound great. Maybe tack on 'consumer' such as 'rough rock-consumer' or similar.

Then for the trade there should be other types of rocks...maybe an 'expert rock' but with a tag too, like 'expert rock-appraiser' and 'expert rock-vendor' or similar....but some sort of type of differentiator so that people getting advice know it's from a vendor OR an appraiser or similar--and likewise..a consumer who has done some research etc.

Anyway that's my opinion....esp in light of the 'are you part of the industry..and what do you have to gain' questions that sometimes float around as well as the 'are you a GG or just a well-informed consumer' type thing.

thoughts?
2.gif

69gm

Shiny_Rock
i agree with mara. if there could be some way to distinguish between those in the trade and just helpful people like mara, that might be good. only those who have been on the forum for a while would know that jonathan or niceice were experts. of course people like rich and dave who has their "GG" as part of their signature helps in identifying, but it would still be nice to somehow label them from the beginning, especially for newbies.

not that the rest of our opinions don't mean anything, but even i would weigh an experts opinion on something a little more heavily than my own. this way if a newbie got 2 responses to this question, one from and expert, and another from just someone trying to be helpful, they can weigh the expert advice a little more.

of course how you decide on your criteria of "expert"s, as well as actually verifying that someone is an "expert" is up to you...and might open up a whole new topic of discussion. good luck leonid!

jswhigham

Rough_Rock
All I want is "to rock".
10.gif

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
EVERYBODY wants to rock!
9.gif

Actually, I agree that showing the difference between consumers and the experts would be helpful for the newbies. It took me a while to figure out who was who, and once I did, it was pretty useful
appl.gif

SwanSong

Rough_Rock
well I have to ge my freebie post in here as well
1.gif

Boulder

Shiny_Rock
----------------
----------------
From reading old posts over there that appears to be too true.
sick.gif
9.gif

lostmyring

Rough_Rock
Hey, um......how does one become a......

ROCK STAR????

10.gif
3.gif

jswhigham

Rough_Rock

----------------
On 8/6/2003 11:13:40 AM lostmyring wrote:

Hey, um......how does one become a......

ROCK STAR????

10.gif
3.gif

----------------
Basically three ways:

Play an instrument. (See Turtles "So You Want to Be a Rock 'N' Roll Star")
Sing. (See Moody Blues "Singer in a Rock 'N' Roll band")
Smoke crack ("Rock" cocaine)
10.gif
11.gif
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results