shape
carat
color
clarity

Roseanne cancelled

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm tired of the media crying "tone deaf!" every time Ivanka Trump posts to Instagram. She is not tone deaf, she is sly. I believe those posts are carefully and strategically delivered in order to rile up "the liberals." Trump's base lives for this; the more outraged decent people are, the more they feel like winners.

What is her purpose? She's a "senior advisor" to the president yet has no discernible impact on policy. Her only role is to look cute for the base and get a rise out of detractors. She is best ignored.

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Where is FO? I felt so ignorant that I googled it, but Google did not tell me :((.

On a similar note, I spent three days in Maine with my best friend (and two travelling) so I was away for five days over the Memorial Day weekend. I went through the Portland, Maine area and thought of MariaD and Kate. I really have to get your phone numbers, ladies. Every time I go through there I want to call you! :wavey:

By the way, did anyone in Maine see this moon? It was the night of the full moon, I think May 28, 2018. I think we took this photo in Camden. We were driving back from from the North (i.e. Downeast).

MaineMoonMay282018.jpg

Deb/AGBF

Awww, seriously??? I would love to meet you after all these years Deb! Do you still have my email address?

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
BTW I was in FO a couple days ago visiting g'ma and thought of you. You are there right? I forgot how hot it could be.
Yes! :))
You must have been here over the holiday weekend! Other than that weekend, we haven’t been getting our typical heat. I live for it!

I posted a photo on the “Who Are the People in Your Neighborhood” thread and wondered if you may have seen this house while driving through town.

@AGBF , I live in a small village named Fair Oaks. It is near Sacramento, CA.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes! :))
You must have been here over the holiday weekend! Other than that weekend, we haven’t been getting our typical heat. I live for it!

I posted a photo on the “Who Are the People in Your Neighborhood” thread and wondered if you may have seen this house while driving through town.

@AGBF , I live in a small village named Fair Oaks. It is near Sacramento, CA.
Yes I was there over the Memorial weekend! In fact we went to the FO Cemetery Memorial Day event on Saturday. It was a great event honoring military chaplains. G'ma lives on the other side of FO from you near Pennsylvania Ave south of FO Blvd, if that castle house you posted is the one on Winding Way. I hate the heat and was glad it wasn't too bad. Monday was 94 and that is too much for me. :mrgreen2:

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes I was there over the Memorial weekend! In fact we went to the FO Cemetery Memorial Day event on Saturday. It was a great event honoring military chaplains. G'ma lives on the other side of FO from you near Pennsylvania Ave south of FO Blvd, if that castle house you posted is the one on Winding Way. I hate the heat and was glad it wasn't too bad. Monday was 94 and that is too much for me. :mrgreen2:
My best friend was at the FO cemetery with her two little girls that day. :))

Yes, that is the castle.

It’s funny, I’m so used to the heat that I think it’s weird when other people don’t have my kind of heat during their summers. I often wonder if you freeze to death.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Although I didn't like Bee using that word to describe Ivanka, I totally enjoyed a tweet by someone who said: "Ivanka can't possibly be a cunt, she lacks the depth and warmth." I agree with that assessment.

:o:eek-2::bigsmile::clap:

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
There is NO comparison with Samantha Bee and Roseanne, regardless of how rude, crass or obnoxious either of them was or is. And they are both the bottom of the barrel of humanity.

It is NOT the same thing to be paid FOR your opinion and the spewing of that opinion, i.e. Ms. Bee. It was vulgar and without any level of class, to be sure; but, this is not the first eyebrow raising thing she has said. They pay her to say them. It gets them traffic.

Roseanne, an employee of ABC, is expected to refrain from personal ugly spewing, and legally bound to behave in a manner deemed appropriate by her employer.

Does that make Samantha better than Roseanne? Nope. Not even a smidgen. (Except that Roseanne is a blatant racist.) It just makes it a non-comparison and a non-issue. Sorry, DF. You can't win with the "Yeah, but did you hear what SHE said?" finger pointing.

But a racist will always win the Most Horrible Person Award over a potty mouth. No comparison there.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm tired of the media crying "tone deaf!" every time Ivanka Trump posts to Instagram. She is not tone deaf, she is sly. I believe those posts are carefully and strategically delivered in order to rile up "the liberals." Trump's base lives for this; the more outraged decent people are, the more they feel like winners.

What is her purpose? She's a "senior advisor" to the president yet has no discernible impact on policy. Her only role is to look cute for the base and get a rise out of detractors. She is best ignored.

I think we have to stop viewing Ivanka as a closet democratic, beautiful, and polished person and understand, that if out of all people on Earth, the only one Trump seemingly has a connection to is Ivanka, it just means that Ivanka is “mini-me” Trump. Same arrogance, same belief that results of plastic surgery are some special merit, same greed and same lack of compassion. Her role is probably negotiate some deals for the family behind the scene. What she says is absolutely irrelevant.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ivanka definitely is a mini Donald Trump. They are a family of grifters. She has the same values as her father.

I read the other day that Ivanka Trump’s clothing brand is now being sold at the much discounted chain Stein Mart under the brand name Adrienne Vittadini. My guess is the typical dress she used to sell at Nordstrom or Macy’s for $150 is currently being sold for $29.

Ivanka recently received 17 Chinese trademarks for her Ivanka Trump brand. How is this not a conflict of interest?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results