shape
carat
color
clarity

Roseanne cancelled

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you call a black person an ape on twitter in this day and age still expect to keep your job, you are not only racist, you are incredibly STUPID. :???::???::???::???:

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So awesome to see a corporation actually standing up and doing what's right. I didn't watch this show but I'm glad she isn't going to be making more money off it.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Needlessly cruel statements like hers turn my stomach. How would she like it if someone called her a cross between the Pillsbury Doughboy and a can of Crisco?

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Roseanne’s comments were awful. Kind of surprised ABC didn’t see this coming. It’s not like they didn’t know who she was.

I bet Roseanne is surprised there are consequences for her actions especially with Trump saying she is like him and his supporters. My guess is Trump will say she wasn’t being politically correct and not what her comments truly are ...RACIST.

Trump shows no common decency and many of his supporters feel that is acceptable. It will be interesting to hear the backlash for this show being cancelled.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Remember the good old days when actors like Carrol O'Connor only acted like aggressively ignorant bigots? But really weren't in real life?

Now we have the likes of Roseanne and Kevin Spacey - so good at their many roles as bigot or creepy/evil predator, because hey! They don't have to act! It's who they are!!

:rolleyes:

I'm sorry the other actors got caught in the blowback from her foul mouth, but I'm glad she's not being inflicted on the country anymore. Or at least not via something purporting to be entertaining.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good. And good riddance. Too bad for the rest of the cast, crew members, writers and others who earned a living from the show.

Trump is probably going to defend her in tweets and speeches, and give her a cabinet position for being so like-minded and "admirable".

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The movie doesn't have anything to do with African Americans, but comparing Blacks to apes and monkeys has a long sordid history. You may remember the memes comparing Michelle Obama to an ape when she was first lady. The notion that a black woman's physical appearance resembles an animal that is sub-human is degrading and racist.

Roseanne always had her wackjob moments and a reputation for being very difficult to work with, but this is over the top even for her. She's either gone off the deep end or, feeling emboldened by her recent success, speaking her ugly "truth." Either way, good riddance.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not that it makes it any less mean-spirited, but I assumed the “Planet of the Apes” bit was an insult directed to her physical appearance, not her race, and that she was implying that this woman resembles one of the female ape characters in the movie. I’ve seen the version starring Marky Mark, previously of The Funky Bunch, and it never dawned on me that the movie had anything to do with African Americans.

That insult was about as breathtakingly racist as they come.

Equating black people with apes to denigrate them - in this country at least - has been a very common thing for probably 200? years.

There is zero way to spin this as anything else but what it was - horribly ugly and horribly racist. And the people who fired her and cancelled a whole show, did not do it because she was mean-spirited, they did it because she's roaring racist.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Barr later deleted the tweet and issued an apology to Jarrett and "all Americans" on Tuesday.

"I apologize. I am now leaving Twitter," she wrote. "I apologize to Valerie Jarrett and to all Americans. I am truly sorry for making a bad joke about her politics and her looks. I should have known better. Forgive me -- my joke was in bad taste."
----
Thoughts and prayers you big turd who's only sorry about losing the show.

I didn't watch the show, but maybe they should start a new one where the remaining characters deal with her sudden and unexpected death and move on.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t watch any TV but this didn’t sound like a good idea for a show. I feel bad for the rest of the cast and staff.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Several networks are pulling reruns of the original show as well as the new one. No residual income for her from those shows anymore. It's unfortunate for the other actors. Imo, ABC took a risk in hiring her in the first place because Barr seems to take perverse pleasure in being racist. Seems as though they were happy to tolerate that as long as she kept it below the radar.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Roseanne was never my cup of tea, but the kerfuffle has had me reading up on her. Wikipedia has a good entry on her. She's really had a severely messed up life, from the beginning. And she had a traumatic brain injury at 16, which supposedly changed her personality pretty radically. Interesting.

However, in more current news, she did not leave Twitter as she said she would (big shocker there) and is now blaming her "bad joke" on Ambien. ""I honestly thought she was Jewish and Persian-ignorant of me for sure, but...i did." :rolleyes: For most people, Ambien reveals deep dark desires, like more sex with your husband, or reading poetry over the phone at 3am, or like one Tweeter said, "On Ambien all I did was make a quesadilla inside of another quesadilla".

Anyway, in my reading, I saw reference to this. Maybe others were already aware of this "joke", but it was yet another eye-opener for me. :eek-2: The woman is beyond vile.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DZfkNQOU8AAVpNh.jpg

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Roseanne was never my cup of tea, but the kerfuffle has had me reading up on her. Wikipedia has a good entry on her. She's really had a severely messed up life, from the beginning. And she had a traumatic brain injury at 16, which supposedly changed her personality pretty radically. Interesting.

However, in more current news, she did not leave Twitter as she said she would (big shocker there) and is now blaming her "bad joke" on Ambien. ""I honestly thought she was Jewish and Persian-ignorant of me for sure, but...i did." :rolleyes: For most people, Ambien reveals deep dark desires, like more sex with your husband, or reading poetry over the phone at 3am, or like one Tweeter said, "On Ambien all I did was make a quesadilla inside of another quesadilla".

Anyway, in my reading, I saw reference to this. Maybe others were already aware of this "joke", but it was yet another eye-opener for me. :eek-2: The woman is beyond vile.

I'm not so sure.....

Screen Shot 2018-05-30 at 9.08.56 AM.png

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I remember a while back, ambien was being studied as a possible drug that could wake people out of their comas. I guess the racism side effect killed that clinical trial.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG. Trump just tweeted about it.

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My two cents - it’s complete bullshit that the network and costars didn’t know that she’s a bigot. I highly doubt she seemed like a completely open and respectful human being on set then made one atrocious, racist comment. Now that she’s a public racist, they’re all appalled and disappointed. I call BS.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Celebrities gets penalized for racist and discriminatory tweets but not the President of the USA...

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I get that the cancellation affected others who are now out of a job, but maybe it's their problem for selling out their beliefs to work with her in the first place. If anyone had asked me to do a show with Roseanne Barr knowing what I know about her, I'd have said "Not no, but HELL NO."

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Regarding ambien - my brother once thought he was Ricky Bobby from Taladega Nights.
Well, if you ain't first, you're last.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, if you ain't first, you're last.

lAsNv2Vu0DvR8i67elmbHcXw8vU-copy-600x336.jpg

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just feel bad for all the actors and other workers on the show who lost their job because of her stupid, bigoted and selfish behavior. Again I guess they should have known better.
The two people I knew who took ambien both sleep-ate.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you call a black person an ape on twitter in this day and age still expect to keep your job, you are not only racist, you are incredibly STUPID. :???::???::???:

Trump does worse and keeps his job. I am not enamored of "this day and age". This is "the day and age" of separating asylum seeking parents from their infant children because would be immigrants are "animals" according to the President of The United States.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results