shape
carat
color
clarity

Rose Gold LOGR for my pale morganite is here!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/8/2009 2:43:02 PM
Author: cellentani

Date: 6/8/2009 2:39:42 PM
Author: Ryon

Date: 6/8/2009 2:23:55 PM

Author: D&T

I really like the rose gold look, will you set it at an angle like your picture or squared off?

Ryon- LOGR i think is a great place to get a RHR for a nice value, yes there is some variations, but overall good quality for your bucks... The customization fee non-refundable, I totally understand, and I have lost $40 from them before, because I customized something (not semi mounts) and just didn't do it for me, but i was fully aware, it is better than keeping something that cost $450 that I did not truly love and would not keep.

I understand where your comming from, but she stated other problems as well =(

It is good for what you paid I will agree, but I just don't seem to believe they would sell some of the things they do for so cheap. Maybe they just put them together really fast or something.

If the jeweler approves though (confirms its nothing serious) I will change my mind =)

The morganite will be set squared-off. I just couldn't get it to sit straight in the setting.

And Ryon, I'll keep you posted about what my jeweler says. They actually did put this together really fast - China has really industrialized jewelry-making. Heck, even shipping was really fast - they sent it on Friday, and it arrived today!

That is fast...

Ryon.... my first ring from LOGR was pre pricscope days,,,, not a semi mount and was only $169... for my middle RHR finger.. it was a good jump for me since it was so minimal compare to their pricier settings,,, im glad i took the jump though and now have somewhat instill confidence with future purchases from them. NO worries, I understand where your coming from too
1.gif

ETA: the more I see rose gold,, the more I"m going to get me one! now I just got to find the stone for one them rose gold settings

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/8/2009 2:38:29 PM
And just for fun, with an 8.1mm round amethyst.
I really like that color combo too!... so many options.. do you have any other colored stones you can model for us?

Ryon

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/8/2009 3:09:22 PM

Date: 6/8/2009 3:03:37 PM
Its not an Ering just a simple gift =)

Okay, a ''simple gift'' is something made out of bamboo or paper, lol.
Maybe I should try that next time
2.gif

I give the best gifts, last time it was a designer purse

Ryon

Shiny_Rock
Thanks D&T, everyone here seems to love the settings, maybe I should just quit being stubborn and agree haha

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/8/2009 3:31:52 PM
Thanks D&T, everyone here seems to love the settings, maybe I should just quit being stubborn and agree haha
Plenty of people here have bought several settings from them, with various experiences. I''ve been lucky and have had mostly good experiences with all of mine. I know they''re not the best quality, but they do the job, and after nearly a year of ownership, all of my settings are still white (all were white gold) and I''ve only had a diamond or two fall out of the pave (common problem unless you go to a master craftsman).

If you''d like to see tons of macros shots of all of my settings, feel free to go back and check my past threads. I have about 12 LOGR settings/rings now.
9.gif

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/8/2009 3:30:03 PM

2.gif

Dang, you''re like no boyfriend I ever had. Fortunately, DH is making up for it!
9.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/8/2009 3:52:12 PM

Date: 6/8/2009 3:30:03 PM

2.gif

Dang, you''re like no boyfriend I ever had. Fortunately, DH is making up for it!
9.gif
9.gif

I love the faceting on your yellow-ish pink-ish morganite, BTW - and that setting is lovely for it!!!!!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Lauren! That''s quite a compliment coming from the LOGR queen. And seeing all of your asschers made me send out a rash of emails to every stone cutter I know, pestering them for one.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/8/2009 3:20:36 PM

I really like that color combo too!... so many options.. do you have any other colored stones you can model for us?

Well, I only have penny-gems (because that''s about how much they''re worth), but here are some pics just to show you some different colors.

First up: peridot.

LOGRgems1.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Same peridot.

LOGRgems2.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
I'm embarrassed to show these last two, but I almost like this darker blue topaz with the rose gold. And what's with the alien reflection in the middle?!

LOGRgems3.JPG

bookworm240

Shiny_Rock
LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!! I am keeping my finger''s crossed for the pinker morganite. I am interested in a very similar look in a ring. Keep the pictures coming!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
And this very watery-looking topaz....with daughter''s eye.

LOGRgems4.JPG

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/8/2009 4:11:45 PM
Thanks Lauren! That''s quite a compliment coming from the LOGR queen. And seeing all of your asschers made me send out a rash of emails to every stone cutter I know, pestering them for one.

Haha!!!! Good to know the Asscher business is strong!
2.gif

I''ve never bought this setting before, but now you have me considering it in rose gold for my Morganite.
11.gif

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/8/2009 4:27:21 PM
Author: bookworm240
LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!! I am keeping my finger''s crossed for the pinker morganite. I am interested in a very similar look in a ring. Keep the pictures coming!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Really bookworm? You like the included pinker morganite? Is there something you don''t like about the yellowish one? Just curious as to why you like the pink one.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/8/2009 4:24:57 PM

Date: 6/8/2009 3:20:36 PM

Well, I only have penny-gems (because that''s about how much they''re worth), but here are some pics just to show you some different colors.

First up: peridot.
lol... thanks! these are good for color referencing... even if you think they are penny gems (which they are not!) thanks for humoring me... it is very much appreciated!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/8/2009 4:29:33 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier

2.gif

I''ve never bought this setting before, but now you have me considering it in rose gold for my Morganite.
11.gif
If you do, we''ll be twins - both my morganites are vallejo stones. He cut mine though, unlike yours.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/8/2009 4:43:59 PM

Date: 6/8/2009 4:29:33 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier

2.gif

11.gif
If you do, we''ll be twins - both my morganites are vallejo stones. He cut mine though, unlike yours.
He did an amazing job with yours. I''m really impressed with the one you''re setting!
30.gif

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Lauren, were you happy with the morganite rough you got from him? Did it have inclusions? I''ve seen your morganite, and at least it''s a nicer pink than mine.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cellentani,
That is a nice setting you have. I think his rose gold is a bit more coppery than other people''s rose gold. I wish it was less so, but it still appears to be a nice and versatile setting.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/8/2009 5:02:30 PM
Lauren, were you happy with the morganite rough you got from him? Did it have inclusions? I''ve seen your morganite, and at least it''s a nicer pink than mine.
I actually believed his description that it was "clean", but as you can see from most of my pics, it''s pretty heavily included. I don''t think I would buy rough from him again, and just trust the cutter on his rough buying ability.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/8/2009 5:32:18 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Cellentani,
That is a nice setting you have. I think his rose gold is a bit more coppery than other people's rose gold. I wish it was less so, but it still appears to be a nice and versatile setting.
I have to agree with you here, TL. When I'm wearing my LOGR rose gold ring, I can't help the feeling that it looks a bit like inexpensive kiddie copper jewelry from a souvenir shop. It's a mind thing. I probably had such a ring as a kid.
33.gif

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/8/2009 6:21:05 PM
Author: Fly Girl

Date: 6/8/2009 5:32:18 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Cellentani,
That is a nice setting you have. I think his rose gold is a bit more coppery than other people''s rose gold. I wish it was less so, but it still appears to be a nice and versatile setting.
I have to agree with you here, TL. When I''m wearing my LOGR rose gold ring, I can''t help the feeling that it looks a bit like inexpensive kiddie copper jewelry from a souvenir shop. It''s a mind thing. I probably had such a ring as a kid.
33.gif
I don''t have anything to compare it to - what is other rose gold like?

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Well, I cleaned my ring in one of those cheap, non-US cleaners, and that dark corner looks a little better. These are taken post cleaning in a late afternoon windowsill.

The bad corner is now top-right.

logr window1.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Better.

logr window2.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Here''s yellow morganite.

logr window4-1.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
And pink.

logr window5-1.JPG

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I actually really like the amtheyst in it. I hate to say it but I don''t like peridot green with the rose gold. Do you have other green stones you can put in :razz: (selfishly asking because I want to see).

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/8/2009 7:00:35 PM
Author: CharmyPoo
I actually really like the amtheyst in it. I hate to say it but I don''t like peridot green with the rose gold. Do you have other green stones you can put in :razz: (selfishly asking because I want to see).
Me either, Charmy. I don''t have any other green stones - I''m afraid I don''t have much of a gemstone collection yet, and what I do have is already set.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results