shape
carat
color
clarity

*Roberto Coin Jewelry Pieces*

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Before deciding to open a new thread on the topic, I did a search on Roberto Coin. I found his name primarily in the thread on crosses where his tiny treasures crosses were discussed at length. Naturally he has been mentioned in other threads as well. I hope that I am not duplicating a thread that exists elsewhere on Pricescope, however, when I start one here about his designs!

I thought that Jewelry Pieces would be a good place to have threads on individual designers if we wanted to have any discussions of individual designers separate from "The Gold Thread". I just happened to buy a Roberto Coin Pallini Collection bracelet and pair of earrings today, so he was on my mind!

I already had single ball earrings (they come on earwires or as studs), but I had been wondering what the group of three balls dangling together looked like. I had also wondered what the necklaces looked like.

Well, today I got to try everything on! I loved the earrings with the three balls hanging from each one, but none of the neclaces looked right to me. I had loved the way they looked on-line, but on me each one looked too ornate, too much. The bracelet, on the other hand (no pun intended), looked fabulous!

So I now have the the three-ball dangle earrings and the bracelet in addition to a pair of the single-ball earrings. The single ball earrings come in different sizes as well as in studs and ear wires, though, so one could go crazy and collect different sizes and styles if she was so inclined!

Deb/AGBF
:read:

RobertoCoinThreeStrandBracelet.jpg

RobertoCoinPalliniCollectionTripleBeadDropEarrings.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Below is one of the Roberto Coin crosses from his Tiny Treasures Collection. It is white gold. This is the size I gave my niece for her college graduation. I didn't know it at the time, but it comes in several sizes, all tiny! One really has to do one's homework if s/he wants to be able to choose a Tiny Treasures cross size since most stores that carry a Roberto Coin cross carry only one size!

The thread in Jewelry Pieces on crosses discusses these lovely pieces, which are owned by several venerable Pricescopers!

Link to thread on crosses:
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/crosses.108913/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/crosses.108913/[/URL]

Deb/AGBF
:saint:

Attachments

• robertocointinytrasureswgcross.bmp
    147.1 KB · Views: 2,369

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Deb -- I have 2 Roberto Coin bangles w/bezel set diamonds & 2 pairs of hoop earrings, one w/diamonds, the other etched. Got them at a jewelry store going out of business sale. Will see if I can get some pics today. They're nice & very handy, I wear them fairly often. I like his jewelry; it's well made & generally feminine & not too frou-frou nor too contemporary for me.

--- Laurie

P.S. I really like your ball earrings!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JewelFreak|1327063606|3107329 said:
Deb -- I have 2 Roberto Coin bangles w/bezel set diamonds & 2 pairs of hoop earrings, one w/diamonds, the other etched. Got them at a jewelry store going out of business sale. Will see if I can get some pics today. They're nice & very handy, I wear them fairly often. I like his jewelry; it's well made & generally feminine & not too frou-frou nor too contemporary for me.

--- Laurie

P.S. I really like your ball earrings!

Laurie-

Thanks so much for posting! I really look forward to seeing photos of your bangles and hoop earrings...whenever you get a chance to post them!!!

Deb

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
love the bracelet!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Gorgeous stuff! I am attracted to "ball" jewellery by T & C and now RC! Thanks for sharing. BTW, my fav haunt oakgem.com has RC pieces.

cheers--Sharon

mimi72

Shiny_Rock
Roberto Coin diamond huggies are my everyday earrings. Never take them out. One of these days, I'll get my original e-ring stone matched and make diamond studs for everyday, but until I get around to that I'll wear these. I bought them preowned from a jeweler. They are nice quality and the perfect size. Camera battery is dead, otherwise I'd try to post a photo.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mimi72|1327094594|3107691 said:
Roberto Coin diamond huggies are my everyday earrings. Never take them out. One of these days, I'll get my original e-ring stone matched and make diamond studs for everyday, but until I get around to that I'll wear these. I bought them preowned from a jeweler. They are nice quality and the perfect size. Camera battery is dead, otherwise I'd try to post a photo.

mimi-

I did a search for his huggie earrings. This pair was advertized by a jewelry store as Roberto Coin huggie earrings. This particular pair is .70 carat total weight; I assume that the total carat weight can vary in different sizes, although I have no real knowledge about that! Maybe he only does one size huggie! Does this pair look like yours?

Deb
:read:

RobertoCoinDiamondHuggies.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deb, I love your new pieces! I really like Roberto Coin, too! As you know, I have the tiny treasures cross, and I just have one other thing. It is a pair of the woven hoops. I LOVE them and would like more sizes in this design because I love them so much! I don't really wear bracelets, but I do hope to get more of his earrings.

RCwovenhoops.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1327729441|3113650 said:
Deb, I love your new pieces! I really like Roberto Coin, too! As you know, I have the tiny treasures cross, and I just have one other thing. It is a pair of the woven hoops. I LOVE them and would like more sizes in this design because I love them so much! I don't really wear bracelets, but I do hope to get more of his earrings.

They are beautifully made, ds! Are they 18K white gold? Also: do you know that he makes the above design in other sizes and were hoping to buy the earrings in it or were you simply hoping to find out if he did? (Not to enable you or anything.)

Deb

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, they are 18k. And yes, unfortunately I know they make them in different sizes and colors of gold! I feel like the wg stands out best with dark hair but I wish I could try on some in rose gold to see if I like them. They are gorgeous in yg, but I mostly wear white metals now. Roberto Coin is frustrating because they don't allow discounts and I really like to buy things less than retail when I can. And especially now when gold is so very high. It is just funny you made the thread now because I have been actively looking at getting more of the earrings!

Great thread idea!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1327761579|3113769 said:

Oh! They are so beautiful! They are very much my taste! Until a few years ago I never would have worn large pieces like the Pallini (ball) earings Roberto Coin makes or any of the high karat gold jewelry I wear. I only wore small, delicate pieces. The earrings you want fall into the category of, "I would have loved them at any point in my life"! They are classic! Please treat yourself!!! You do so much for your family, yet your own jewelry pieces are always modest. You do not always have to buy at a discount!

PS-As I reread what I wrote above I almost laughed outloud. What I consider "big", my best friend here in Connecticut still considers tiny! She feels I have improved over the years from when I thought a 1 carat diamond was far too big, but she still wears jewelry 10 times the size of mine! She would think the Pallini balls were small! I believe she has a 40 carat amethyst ring!

Hugs,
Deb
:wavey:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:-o 40 cts.???!! Yes, that is huge!!! I think your Pallini pieces are beautiful! Trust me, I treat myself more than I should! But those earrings are on my wish list! I am glad you like them, too!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Finally did some photos of my Coin pieces. I got these on sale at a store that was going out of business. Still didn't tell DH how much I spent!

DiamondSeeker -- I love your woven hoops!!

Earrings:

And bangles -- on the left, RG & diamonds; the other yg.

Coin diamond & yg.jpg

Coin 18K yg.jpg

Roberto Coin bangles.jpg

wrist coin.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JewelFreak|1330619051|3138333 said:
Finally did some photos of my Coin pieces. I got these on sale at a store that was going out of business. Still didn't tell DH how much I spent!

Wow! What a haul! I counted two bangles and two pairs of earrings...all studded with diamonds, no less! They are simply gorgeous! Good going to have gotten them all at a store that was going out of business, Laurie!!!

Deb

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
The yg bangle doesn't have diamonds -- those are little screw heads. Didn't Cartier do something similar a long time ago?

It was a good haul -- I just happened to walk past the store -- saw the Sale sign & of course blew in like a tornado. I think it was Meant To Be, Deb -- I bought a pair of earrings & one bangle. Unboxed them at home & discovered the saleswoman gave me the wrong earrings, so went back to exchange them the next day.....and somehow a 2nd pair of earrings & another bangle followed me home too. You never know when strays will decide to adopt you.

--- Laurie

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JewelFreak|1330619868|3138346 said:
You never know when strays will decide to adopt you.

Darn those strays! They take advantage of the warmheated people who would never leave them alone and lonely in a cold, dark store!

Deb

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Ain't that the truth! Sigh. It's our duty to give them a warm loving home. :saint:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha! yes, wouldn't want any neglected designer jewels! Gosh, JewelFreak! You really did well! Lovely pieces! I hope this wasn't recent because I'd need to go there!

This is ironic because I came over here to find this thread because I bought the 1" woven hoops in 18k wg this week! I will try to take a picture tomorrow...too tired tonight!

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
I adore Roberto Coin, especially the Tiny Treasures pieces, and wear the wg tiny cross necklace all of the time. In fact, the center diamond has fallen out and I haven't replaced it yet.

My collection was quite large, before Bailey Banks and Biddle went out of business, and I could used my discounts and charge card....I've since sold all of them off except for my tiny cross necklace.

I'm looking for the elephant pendant, with the sapphire eyes, and can't seem to find it anywhere. They make it with diamond eyes and that is all I can find at the moment.

Please continue to post photos of your lovely pieces!!!!!

Lori

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

DauphineMucha

Shiny_Rock
Your bracelet is so cute!

I have the pendant from his Octagon design. It’s quite nice. Saw a lady with his Cento Circle pendant the other day and it was bright and white!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lori, I wear my tiny treasures cross almost all the time, as well.

Well, when I like something I like I can be a little excessive, but I found the 1" pair of woven hoops on ebay a few weeks ago and just had to get them because they are getting harder to find. I really need to branch out and get earrings that are not hoops or studs! Here's a bad ear pic.

IMG_2929.JPG

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, everyone...I hope some of you are going to see this thread. It's been dormant for ages, but I suddenly "needed" it (as much as anyone can "need' a jewelry thread!).

As some of you know, my husband and I have not been living together. We have, in fact, been living in separate states. He has been socializing for quite a while, but he is living alone (in our big house) and near a metropolian area. I live with our teenage daughter and my 91 year-old father in the Connecticut suburbs. And my daughter has severe emotional problems that keep me occupied and often do not let me venture far from her side. So socializing was not at the top of my agenda.

Recently, however, I have ventured onto one of the dating sites on the 'net. And I think I am actually going to take the plunge this coming weekend and go out with two of the men with whom I have been talking as well as attend a family event. Since I have been in jeans; T-shirts; and sweatshirts for the past ten years or more I had to buy a few clothes...just a couple of black tops and dresses. But now I realize I have to accessorize. I am taking my Yossi Harari salted pretzel pendant and earrings out of the safe depost box to wear to a party for my nieces on Saturday wth a black dress. OK...go back to my first posting. I didn't buy a Roberto Coin necklace because I thought it was too ornate.

Now I wondered if the Roberto Coin necklace I didn't buy wouldn't, after all, be good with a black dress. Maybe...with a black dress...it wouldn't be too ornate. Naturally, given the way I generally dress, I wouldn't have been wearing anything simple but elegant the last time I tried it on! I wonder if it it worth returning to try on the necklace again...in a plain black top. What do you think?

Deb/AGBF

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Are you thinking of the gold balls one at the top of the thread? Or the cross? For dating, I'd avoid both balls & crosses if possible! :naughty:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
decodelighted|1339569659|3215215 said:
Are you thinking of the gold balls one at the top of the thread? Or the cross? For dating, I'd avoid both balls & crosses if possible! :naughty:

Uh..definitely not the cross, deco! And is it possible to get your mind out of the gutter for a moment? I mean...let me rephrase that. Just because round beads are called "balls" by a jewelry designer does not make them inherently different from other beads such as, let us say, the ever popular and ladylike string of cultured pearls. I just thought that a string of noticeable gold beads to match the bracelet and earrings I have might be nice after all.

After looking at the choice of necklaces on-line, I did think that I would avoid the more ornate three strand necklace and get the single 30" strand, however. I never wear anything long and eye catching. The 30" strand would be, but it wouldn't be too ornate. I'll post photos of both necklaces if I can.

Naughty deco!

Deb

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Deb--I love your pretzel necklace--I looked at it last night on the gold thread! At any rate, the RC would be a good option, but honestly I would not go out and buy something new and costly....(yes I did say that outloud!). How about something from your very extensive gold collection--if not, soemthing colorful and whimsy (yes, inexpesive and paste) from a fashion accessory store? You could go to "Clares" (for example) and find a pretty looped necklace in a long length, with another color contrasting, or with beads, yanna what I mean. Elegant but "fun".

cheers--Sharon

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Deb, i think the "ball" necklace is appropriate with a black top and/or dress.
of course, i'm absolutely prejudiced because i love that necklace!
the pretzel is lots of fun but more casual, imo, and could be interpreted as "young"....if you know what i mean.

congrats for getting back into the social scene.
its never easy but like anything requires practice.
much on what you wear to for a first time "meet" depends on time of day and where you will be meeting.
over dressing is as much a "sin" as being too casual.
of course, in california there really is no such thing as being too casual...but i digress.
most importantly be yourself and have fun.
think of it as a meet and greet!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
canuk-gal|1339599177|3215368 said:
I would not go out and buy something new and costly....(yes I did say that outloud!).
This was my first thought too. Not because you don't deserve something fab & yummy .... but because purchasing new things puts too much pressure on the date itself. Everytime I've bought a new dress or shoes or something in anticipation of a "big date" -- it's been disasterous! It's like a Murphy's Law thing or something. If you go in w/no expectation & just your regular old self then you feel more relaxed and the stakes aren't so high. Things can unfold more naturally.

Reward yourself *afterwards*! For getting back out there etc etc etc. :bigsmile:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results