shape
carat
color
clarity

Ritani disappointment

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
I don't view this as a mistake but as a tactic to draw customers in, figuring some small percentage will say, okay, I'll pay extra. You can't tell me these companies don't know what their inventory costs and what it's marked as. The wrong Whiteflash diamond that was shipped to another PSer was a mistake. This is deliberate. And slimy.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are definitely some incorrect prices still on Ritani. Just looked (due to being curious), and there are multiple asschers at impossibly low prices (3.5ct for 4k, for example). There's no way that price is correct.

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
There are definitely some incorrect prices still on Ritani. Just looked (due to being curious), and there are multiple asschers at impossibly low prices (3.5ct for 4k, for example). There's no way that price is correct.

Omg I just looked at the asschers. So ridiculous. I feel bad for the poor person who is going to think they got a deal. A diamond purchase is such an expensive and emotional purchase. It angers me that they have incorrect prices up.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg I just looked at the asschers. So ridiculous. I feel bad for the poor person who is going to think they got a deal. A diamond purchase is such an expensive and emotional purchase. It angers me that they have incorrect prices up.

I almost tried to talk to a rep, but then decided not to waste my time. They are clearly a crap company who deserves zero business (at least on the lab diamond side of things)

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
I don't view this as a mistake but as a tactic to draw customers in, figuring some small percentage will say, okay, I'll pay extra. You can't tell me these companies don't know what their inventory costs and what it's marked as. The wrong Whiteflash diamond that was shipped to another PSer was a mistake. This is deliberate. And slimy.

Their excuse was that they don’t own the stones that are on their site so they are automatically uploaded and marked up when the vendors they purchase from input them. So if a vendor makes a mistake inputting it automatically uploads at an incorrect price on their site. Seems like they would have someone monitoring this though. I’d say it seems slimy but in all honesty they did give me a good chunk off on the price. Don’t want to throw specific numbers out but 25% lower than the rare carat price.

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
I almost tried to talk to a rep, but then decided not to waste my time. They are clearly a crap company who deserves zero business (at least on the lab diamond side of things)

I can’t believe they don’t have anyone monitoring that. It’s insanity

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Their excuse was that they don’t own the stones that are on their site so they are automatically uploaded and marked up when the vendors they purchase from input them. So if a vendor makes a mistake inputting it automatically uploads at an incorrect price on their site. Seems like they would have someone monitoring this though. I’d say it seems slimy but in all honesty they did give me a good chunk off on the price. Don’t want to throw specific numbers out but 25% lower than the rare carat price.

That still feels shady tho. Especially when they are now aware of this issue and apparently not fixing it. It feels like a way to be slimy and reel in customers

jerseypeach

Rough_Rock
That still feels shady tho. Especially when they are now aware of this issue and apparently not fixing it. It feels like a way to be slimy and reel in customers

I would agree. I’m not doubting that your deal was actually a good one, but I still find the tactic very bait and switch. Luring folks in with fake prices and then offering a discount to make up for the error that’s still substantially hire than the original price. Again, doesn’t mean the stone isn’t a good deal, but it’s also not the phenomenal deal they advertised. It gives me bad vibes as it relates to their business practices and integrity.

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock

I still don't think much of them - what else is more crucial than that margin - but I'm REALLY happy you reached out and got a fair agreement. Not always easy to do but well done.
Now you have to show us what you get!!

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

^ This!

HerefortheBling

Shiny_Rock
I'm still waiting to hear anything about my order. That's more frustrating than anything.

I saved 5 diamonds in my wish list while I decided which one to order on 7/24. All were sold as of 7/26. Today, 3 of the 5 are available again at approximately $7,000 more than the day I ordered.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm still waiting to hear anything about my order. That's more frustrating than anything.

I saved 5 diamonds in my wish list while I decided which one to order on 7/24. All were sold as of 7/26. Today, 3 of the 5 are available again at approximately $7,000 more than the day I ordered.

I'm so sorry. I wonder if they canceled it and didnt tell you???

HerefortheBling

Shiny_Rock
I'm so sorry. I wonder if they canceled it and didnt tell you???

I have no idea. Order is still showing up on the website as in process. I chatted online yesterday inquiring about it, but the lady didn't give me any information.

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
@HerefortheBling just wondering what came of this. Were they able to deliver?

Mooshi

Shiny_Rock
I have no idea. Order is still showing up on the website as in process. I chatted online yesterday inquiring about it, but the lady didn't give me any information.

Is it still following the estimated delivery date that was shown on the product page? I've been following this thread as I have ben watching a couple stones but don't feel like dealing with the hassle of waiting on that dream stone.

HerefortheBling

Shiny_Rock
Is it still following the estimated delivery date that was shown on the product page? I've been following this thread as I have ben watching a couple stones but don't feel like dealing with the hassle of waiting on that dream stone.

It has now been shipped and received by a nearby jewelry store. IF it goes through (I'm still skeptical), then I really don't understand why my order didn't get cancelled. I did order a setting, so that may have offset the lower stone price. Not sure, but I'll have an answer Saturday whether I get it for the price I ordered. Scared I'll get asked for more money at the store. Who knows.

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
It has now been shipped and received by a nearby jewelry store. IF it goes through (I'm still skeptical), then I really don't understand why my order didn't get cancelled. I did order a setting, so that may have offset the lower stone price. Not sure, but I'll have an answer Saturday whether I get it for the price I ordered. Scared I'll get asked for more money at the store. Who knows.

I honestly think yours is going to work out. They caught mine (and all of the similar priced emerald cuts) when they contacted the vendor to purchase after I placed my order. If yours is already here, set, and at the jewelry store; I think it will all work out! I have a good feeling about it and I think your about to get a major steal! I can’t wait to see pics!

PastryGirl

Shiny_Rock
I honestly think yours is going to work out. They caught mine (and all of the similar priced emerald cuts) when they contacted the vendor to purchase after I placed my order. If yours is already here, set, and at the jewelry store; I think it will all work out! I have a good feeling about it and I think your about to get a major steal! I can’t wait to see pics!

I think it will work out for you too. When I picked up my ring I actually went to their factory in NY. I spoke with a director or manager there (she was the one I had an appointment with) and if I recall correctly she did hint at some kind of price issue, like the prices were too low and they were working on it? That was the feeling I got. I remember joking that I already paid so my price could not go up.

This was my second stone with Ritani, I returned the first because it wasn't for me. The first one was picked up at a local jeweler and they did not ask for any kind of payment (or proof of payment) as that was handled by Ritani already. Based on my experiences, I do not think they will ask you for more money.

I'm so sorry you have to go through this--I really did have a great experience with them and want others to as well.

Fingers crossed for you!

HerefortheBling

Shiny_Rock
I think it will work out for you too. When I picked up my ring I actually went to their factory in NY. I spoke with a director or manager there (she was the one I had an appointment with) and if I recall correctly she did hint at some kind of price issue, like the prices were too low and they were working on it? That was the feeling I got. I remember joking that I already paid so my price could not go up.

This was my second stone with Ritani, I returned the first because it wasn't for me. The first one was picked up at a local jeweler and they did not ask for any kind of payment (or proof of payment) as that was handled by Ritani already. Based on my experiences, I do not think they will ask you for more money.

I'm so sorry you have to go through this--I really did have a great experience with them and want others to as well.

Fingers crossed for you!

I'm hopeful, but I haven't paid yet. When ordering with the preview option, they put a hold on the card, but it fell off within days. From my understanding, I will have to pay Saturday or walk away. I am taking the emails with my order confirmation of price, so fingers crossed that I will get the ring for a really great price!

HerefortheBling

Shiny_Rock
My husband drove 3 hours today to pick up the ring at the preview jewelry store only to be told he couldn't get it today because Ritani isn't open, so the preview jewelry store couldn't complete the sales transaction. This is even more disappointing because Ritani's VP of sales emailed last week to change our preview location and asked what day and time we would pick up (which I emailed back). Nothing was said about not being able to purchase on Saturday! Really annoyed with Ritani.

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
My husband drove 3 hours today to pick up the ring at the preview jewelry store only to be told he couldn't get it today because Ritani isn't open, so the preview jewelry store couldn't complete the sales transaction. This is even more disappointing because Ritani's VP of sales emailed last week to change our preview location and asked what day and time we would pick up (which I emailed back). Nothing was said about not being able to purchase on Saturday! Really annoyed with Ritani.

Omg that is absolutely ridiculous. I’m so sorry. Was he at least able to see the ring?

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
Three hours just to come home empty handed? I’d be pretty pissed right now. Was he able to bring back any pictures and verify you’ll be getting it for the price from the site?

jerseypeach

Rough_Rock
I actually messaged Ritani via their chat option about several competitively priced emerald cuts (lab). I mentioned that I was aware of the pricing issues that had been experienced lately and if they could guarantee that the listed price was accurate and would not change.

Lots of back and forth with the ultimate answer being no, they cannot guarantee their pricing which is absolutely crazy to me. The rep said they can see that the stones are still available, that the pricing seems like it should hold, and they’ll do what they can do to avoid any cost adjustments/feel confident about the pricing. Maybe I just don’t understand Ritani’s model, but it all seems so bizarre to not be able to tell a client with certainty “yes, this is the firm cost and no it will not change”. ‍

HerefortheBling

Shiny_Rock
He saw the ring, and sent me a couple pictures. I am really upset mainly because the VP emailed ASKING what day we wanted to go. From what I understand, it must be picked up within 7 days, so now my husband has to take a day off work. As far as price, I guess that's still not 100% confirmed since the preview jewelry store has to contact Ritani to finalize the sale (and Ritani is not open today).

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
He saw the ring, and sent me a couple pictures. I am really upset mainly because the VP emailed ASKING what day we wanted to go. From what I understand, it must be picked up within 7 days, so now my husband has to take a day off work. As far as price, I guess that's still not 100% confirmed since the preview jewelry store has to contact Ritani to finalize the sale (and Ritani is not open today).

First, hope the ring is beautiful and everything you hoped for!
Second, can they confirm price before your husband arranges to take time off work? It would be insult to injury if he took time off and they didn’t honor the web price… of course, I’m assuming you completing the purchase and dependent on their pricing.

PastryGirl

Shiny_Rock

Wooowwwwwwwww. Not good.

But at least you got something really pretty. :mrgreen2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results