shape
carat
color
clarity

Ritani disappointment

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
Finally got my ring today, and it's gorgeous! I still don't understand why my order went through when others didn't, but I am so grateful to have this ring!

1629156517942.png

I meant to ask you- how do you feel about the setting? Overall quality but particularly the prong work? I’m considering having mine set with them but I’m super picky about my prongs so I would love to hear your thoughts.

HerefortheBling

Shiny_Rock
I meant to ask you- how do you feel about the setting? Overall quality but particularly the prong work? I’m considering having mine set with them but I’m super picky about my prongs so I would love to hear your thoughts.

I feel the prong work of the Ritani ring is better than the one I just got from Ascot. From the moment my husband brought the Ascot oval one home, I could see the prongs were slightly uneven. I decided to just live with it because I don't want to chance chipping the stone trying to get them even, and you can't tell unless you're really looking for something like that.

As far as overall setting quality, I think the Ascot one is better. I may be a bit biased though. Not only did I customize the Ascot setting and pick my favorite setting, but I also purposely picked something different for the pear, so the pear is automatically not as pleasing to me if that makes sense! Overall quality, I'd give 3.5 out of 5. It's solid, but doesn't blow me away.

misscamels

Rough_Rock
I’d like to add to the disappointment!
I was in the middle of checking out and got cartjacked- the stone was gone halfway through.
~10 days later, it was back! Same price, specs, same Ritani ID, same IGI# but a flaw in the title- had my 3.1 carat listed as a 1.01. (Even came up as a 3+ in the search!)

I checked out as fast as I could- the rest of the information was identical.
One thing I thought odd was that my “receipt” didn’t have any specifics on it- no ID# or anything other than the title…or any way to click and see my stone.
“Ryan” halfheartedly emailed me a couple of times but I eventually gave up on him. A friendly chat rep was able to confirm the ID number and IGI report but he ignored it. The only thing that mattered to him was the “1.01 title.” He went as far as to offer me a “comparable” stone- a stone via 360 view with absolutely no description or information. Hard pass! He would take more than a day or two to respond - I find it hard to believe he’s the only email rep…

Cancelled my order and named the stone “The One that Got Away.” Hope she’s doing well somewhere and being loved!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was in the middle of checking out and got cartjacked- the stone was gone halfway through.
~10 days later, it was back! Same price, specs, same Ritani ID, same IGI# but a flaw in the title- had my 3.1 carat listed as a 1.01. (Even came up as a 3+ in the search!)

One thing I thought odd was that my “receipt” didn’t have any specifics on it- no ID# or anything other than the title…or any way to click and see my stone.
“Ryan” halfheartedly emailed me a couple of times but I eventually gave up on him. A friendly chat rep was able to confirm the ID number and IGI report but he ignored it. The only thing that mattered to him was the “1.01 title.” He went as far as to offer me a “comparable” stone- a stone via 360 view with absolutely no description or information. Hard pass! He would take more than a day or two to respond - I find it hard to believe he’s the only email rep…

Cancelled my order and named the stone “The One that Got Away.” Hope she’s doing well somewhere and being loved!

Ugh, wtf????

HerefortheBling

Shiny_Rock

What shape stone was it? I saw one a few days ago that came up in my 3+ carats search of ovals/pears, yet the specifics listed it as 1 carat. It was gone fairly quickly, but I thought about purchasing just to see!

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
I feel the prong work of the Ritani ring is better than the one I just got from Ascot. From the moment my husband brought the Ascot oval one home, I could see the prongs were slightly uneven. I decided to just live with it because I don't want to chance chipping the stone trying to get them even, and you can't tell unless you're really looking for something like that.

As far as overall setting quality, I think the Ascot one is better. I may be a bit biased though. Not only did I customize the Ascot setting and pick my favorite setting, but I also purposely picked something different for the pear, so the pear is automatically not as pleasing to me if that makes sense! Overall quality, I'd give 3.5 out of 5. It's solid, but doesn't blow me away.

Thank you! This is very helpful

Mooshi

Shiny_Rock
I decided to roll the dice and bought an asscher, said estimated arrival is Sept 8 but haven't received shipping notification yet. Did get an email confirming my order as soon as I checked out though. We will see!

Mooshi

Shiny_Rock
Mine showed up, my order said estimated arrival Sept 8, got an email Sept 6th apologizing that there would be a delay and they'd ship it out the same day it arrives to them. They didn't disappoint and I got it today (Sept 10th) in Canada!

misscamels

Rough_Rock
What shape stone was it? I saw one a few days ago that came up in my 3+ carats search of ovals/pears, yet the specifics listed it as 1 carat. It was gone fairly quickly, but I thought about purchasing just to see!

Apologies- I didn’t get a notification!

TOTGA was a round! I’m curious to know how often this happens. ::annoyed face::

Mooshi

Shiny_Rock
I'm not sure I'd say this is a disappointment yet, but I've been trying and failing to get a return shipping label for the past 2 weeks. So glad I decided on keeping it or not quickly after receiving it, as I'm only a few days away from being outside of their 30-day return policy.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I'm not sure I'd say this is a disappointment yet, but I've been trying and failing to get a return shipping label for the past 2 weeks. So glad I decided on keeping it or not quickly after receiving it, as I'm only a few days away from being outside of their 30-day return policy.

I hope you get everything settled. I have had six purchases with Ritani, including an upgrade. I just bought a new ring tonight and then found this thread. I have always found low prices there. I would be sad to have a phone call later.

I'm sorry for your experience. Did you get that label?

Mooshi

Shiny_Rock
I hope you get everything settled. I have had six purchases with Ritani, including an upgrade. I just bought a new ring tonight and then found this thread. I have always found low prices there. I would be sad to have a phone call later.

I'm sorry for your experience. Did you get that label?

Not yet but I did get the forms to sign before I get a label so there's something! Their low prices would have me be a return customer.. as long as they still honor this return as I'm now outside of the window.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Not yet but I did get the forms to sign before I get a label so there's something! Their low prices would have me be a return customer.. as long as they still honor this return as I'm now outside of the window.

I think you'll be fine. I have had issues in my time - always more of an annoyance than anything profoundly bad. Both issues I had were resolved, including a return and reorder when I just didn't love the ring. Nothing they did wrong.

The stone I just bought was 300.00 cheaper than a competitor. I just adjust expectations and save a few bucks. I have always found their products well made. I took my Ritani platinum French halo into a local bench some years ago for sizing and they remarked how great it was to see a ring that was built to hold up over time. She said good supports keep the melee in place on a halo and mine was well built for wear. The "maul" stores kept her in the repair business, she said.

Mooshi

Shiny_Rock
They have a BUNCH of ~$1k/carat warm stones right now. No photos but they’re all certified.
3.09 K that I don’t need!

I noticed and wondered about that, their warm stone prices have dropped in the last few weeks too.. clear out? Or are prices just going down on lab diamonds? I don't follow these things close enough, but it's hard to close window on those 3cts at those prices!

PS - Ritani did finally come through with the return label

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
I noticed and wondered about that, their warm stone prices have dropped in the last few weeks too.. clear out? Or are prices just going down on lab diamonds? I don't follow these things close enough, but it's hard to close window on those 3cts at those prices!

PS - Ritani did finally come through with the return label

I was just contemplating a 3+ carat K asscher…but just not quite sure…

blingmeupscotty

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Black friday and holiday sales are coming.. they're probably making room for inventory? I've never heard anything bad about them.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results