shape
carat
color
clarity

Ritani disappointment

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
Just came here to vent. I found the perfect lab grown diamond on Friday night. It was everything I had been looking for and the price was great. I communicated several times with customer service requesting pictures and videos of the diamond. I decided to purchase it and have been continuing contact with customer service in regards to setting it. Well today (almost an entire week later) I received a call from their customer service stating that the diamond had been incorrectly priced and to either come up or cancel my purchase. Im totally devastated. I have been watching the video over and over again for almost a week and developed quite an attachment to the stone. I understand it was a mistake but it’s mind boggling that with all my communication with customer service that they didn’t catch it sooner. Rant over. Just thought I’d share my experience and cry about it with a group that probably understands my disappointment.

HerefortheBling

Shiny_Rock
I found one Saturday on Ritani for a great price and ordered. Now I'm scared mine will be cancelled too.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ugh I'd be super frustrated if I were you. How much of a difference in price?

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
I’m sorry for this to happen, how unfortunate.
How much of a pricing error was it?

About 50%. I honestly didn’t think anything of it because lab prices seem to be all over the place. I just thought that’s a decent price for the specs. They had a bunch around the same price so I’m guessing I’m not the only phone call they had to make today.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
About 50%. I honestly didn’t think anything of it because lab prices seem to be all over the place. I just thought that’s a decent price for the specs. They had a bunch around the same price so I’m guessing I’m not the only phone call they had to make today.

Ugh that's sooooo frustrating!!! I would be super irritated

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
ugh I'd be super frustrated if I were you. How much of a difference in price?
Im devastated. I was in love with the videos they sent me. It was about 50% so it went from “hey that’s a good price” to “nope I can definitely find a better price elsewhere”. I feel a bit ridiculous for being so upset but I am

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Im devastated. I was in love with the videos they sent me. It was about 50% so it went from “hey that’s a good price” to “nope I can definitely find a better price elsewhere”. I feel a bit ridiculous for being so upset but I am

I wonder if you can contact someone higher up and note how out of line the price is for the specs? Like if there are other stones w those specs for much less, I would be pushing them on it. ESPECIALLY bc you've been talking to them for 6 days and somehow in all that time no one noticed a 50% f+$* up. That's just idiotic

HerefortheBling

Shiny_Rock
Gosh I hope it doesn’t happen to you but she said there was a pricing error on many stones over the weekend and they’re calling people now. I guess it happened with a ton of orders.

I saw about 4 stones for the price I paid. I haven't gotten a call yet, but I'll be devastated too. I chatted with someone on Monday about it and asked about the pricing being low, and she just said "it's a competitive price".

For reference, I ordered a 3.02 ct pear, G, VS1, and it was priced a little over $3800.

PastryGirl

Shiny_Rock
Oh no, I am so sorry to hear that! I just had an awesome experience with them. Who did you all speak with?

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
I wonder if you can contact someone higher up and note how out of line the price is for the specs? Like if there are other stones w those specs for much less, I would be pushing them on it. ESPECIALLY bc you've been talking to them for 6 days and somehow in all that time no one noticed a 50% f+$* up. That's just idiotic

There were a bunch with similar specs for similar prices and they all disappeared within a day of purchasing mine. Not sure if they were all purchased or if they removed them. The new price isn’t ridiculous, just a bit on the high side and out of my budget. I can definitely find comparable stones for less with other companies though

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
I saw about 4 stones for the price I paid. I haven't gotten a call yet, but I'll be devastated too. I chatted with someone on Monday about it and asked about the pricing being low, and she just said "it's a competitive price".

For reference, I ordered a 3.02 ct pear, G, VS1, and it was priced a little over $3800.

Mine was an emerald cut but I’d say comparable price to yours. There were 4 or 5 others priced similarly. Keep me posted.

HerefortheBling

Shiny_Rock
Mine was an emerald cut but I’d say comparable price to yours. There were 4 or 5 others priced similarly. Keep me posted.

I only looked at pears and ovals, but there were 4 on Saturday priced between $3500 to a little over $4000. They were all gone Monday.

Have you cancelled? I think you should push them. I certainly will if they call me.

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
I only looked at pears and ovals, but there were 4 on Saturday priced between $3500 to a little over $4000. They were all gone Monday.

Have you cancelled? I think you should push them. I certainly will if they call me.

Sooo I just looked up comps for your stone on there site and it looks like anywhere from 11-13k . They were trying to find me a comparably priced stone with slightly lower specs. They came back with a poorly cut, 2 color grades warmer, and .75cts less for $1000 more. Ridiculous. I think I was way to nice about it on the phone. I don’t know how much I can push though because they do have a disclaimer on their site about pricing errors. Please update if you get a call but praying it slips through

HerefortheBling

Shiny_Rock
Sooo I just looked up comps for your stone on there site and it looks like anywhere from 11-13k . They were trying to find me a comparably priced stone with slightly lower specs. They came back with a poorly cut, 2 color grades warmer, and .75cts less for $1000 more. Ridiculous. I think I was way to nice about it on the phone. I don’t know how much I can push though because they do have a disclaimer on their site about pricing errors. Please update if you get a call but praying it slips through

Disclaimer or not, it's a very poor business practice. I do remember seeing my stone's pricing where they list what they paid and the markup, and it had a mark up, so unless they messed that up, they're making money.

I probably would be more understanding if they called Monday, but at this point, I'm going to be mad, especially since I asked the chat lady specifically about the pricing.

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
Disclaimer or not, it's a very poor business practice. I do remember seeing my stone's pricing where they list what they paid and the markup, and it had a mark up, so unless they messed that up, they're making money.

I probably would be more understanding if they called Monday, but at this point, I'm going to be mad, especially since I asked the chat lady specifically about the pricing.

Agreed. I literally had multiple discussions via chat and email about the stone and about setting it. I even requested photos and videos before purchasing. They should have caught it then.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Agreed. I literally had multiple discussions via chat and email about the stone and about setting it. I even requested photos and videos before purchasing. They should have caught it then.

The time it took for them to catch the error plus the multiple conversations they had with both of you is just unacceptable. I would be livid and arguing with them about it.

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
Umm….. too bad for them but if they have the price listed publicly and officially, they should honor that. THEY were advertising that price. That’s a total bait and switch!! That’s bull crap!! How are customers supposed to have any confidence in the price if they claim it was wrong and upcharge you 50%?! So stupid. I’m sorry :(

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry to hear! My Asscher was actually in Ritani's inventory but was priced about 30% more than what the vendor from Rare Carats had it for. No brainer that I went with the latter. If you have the IGI report number, you just might find it listed elsewhere, and for cheaper?

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
Wow. I am absolutely fuming right now. They just listed my diamond that I already purchased on rare carat. I did not tell them to cancel my order. We were going to continue discussing tomorrow. I have not been refunded. My order has not been canceled. Wow Ritani just wow.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow. I am absolutely fuming right now. They just listed my diamond that I already purchased on rare carat. I did not tell them to cancel my order. We were going to continue discussing tomorrow. I have not been refunded. My order has not been canceled. Wow Ritani just wow.

Wait what???? Screenshot it and ask for a manager tomorrow. Unacceptable.

HerefortheBling

Shiny_Rock

That's ridiculous and a terrible business practice. Blast them all over social media.

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
I am freaking out.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I can understand feeling disappointed.

If the price was that far off, they should have noticed. But, I think they do retain the right to not sell at the error price.

My issue is the communication and not cancelling your order with a refund before relisting the stone.

Unless you said you didn't want it even at a higher cost and they have processed the refund, that's really poor service. I'm sure you will get the money back. But it certainly wasn't good service.

Philmc99

Rough_Rock
It does appear that Ritani is cheaper than Rare carat or James Allen, but not enough to make up for the lack of transparency. I don't like that you can't filter for crown and pavilion. it makes it a lot harder to shop. They are also a lot less transparent about who made the diamond and seem to use stock images for a lot of the diamonds. The thing i dislike most is that when you filter for IDEAL cut, the diamonds they show have excellent cut. they are lumping excellent and ideal diamond together

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
This whole situation seems so sleazy. No diamond is worth that! I would just get any money back and not work with them. I feel like the bad feelings you have towards the vendor will tarnish the feelings you have towards the diamond, no matter how pretty. It would for me, anyways. So sorry this happened!

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
It does appear that Ritani is cheaper than Rare carat or James Allen, but not enough to make up for the lack of transparency. I don't like that you can't filter for crown and pavilion. it makes it a lot harder to shop. They are also a lot less transparent about who made the diamond and seem to use stock images for a lot of the diamonds. The thing i dislike most is that when you filter for IDEAL cut, the diamonds they show have excellent cut. they are lumping excellent and ideal diamond together

The stone was actually listed for 1k less on rare carat that what Ritani is now asking for it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results