shape
carat
color
clarity

Ritani - Beware

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

berezitski

Rough_Rock
Based on a thread I followed here on this forum, I decided to purchase an engagement ring from Ritani. Unfortunately, after 20 days, I received a ring with a diamond that not only differed from what I had ordered but had completely different characteristics. This led to a frustrating and lengthy back-and-forth process that lasted for three months. Eventually, I did receive a refund, but the overall experience with their customer service was extremely poor, with difficulty in reaching them.

Upon conducting a Google search for "Ritani Reviews," it became evident that I should have anticipated such issues. It was ultimately my mistake for not researching relevant sources before making my decision.

Last edited:

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Very sorry to hear that you encountered frustrations, but glad that everything worked out in the long run for you.
With every negative review, we usually take note and when bad experiences seemingly increase and become a running trend, we are usually pretty quick to adjust our recommendations to other members going forward.

Care to share some details and pictures/videos of the diamond that you ended up purchasing after your Ritani fiasco?
Myself and all the other diamond enthusiasts here would love seeing it!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Do not trust me, search yourself for "Ritani Reviews". This is just one:

We trust our fellow members based on their own individual experiences...that speaks at a much higher volume.
Would love to see your new ring!

berezitski

Rough_Rock
We trust our fellow members based on their own individual experiences...that speaks at a much higher volume.
Would love to see your new ring!

My fiancée already posted the ring, I think Its already posted here and on several other platforms and review sites. The ring has nothing to do with my bad experience nor with this company.

From Ritani I only received headaches. I can post pill prescription :)

Last edited:

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
My fiancée already posted the ring, I think Its already posted here and on several other platforms and review sites. The ring has nothing to do with my bad experience nor with this company.

From Ritani I only received headaches. I can post pill prescription :)

Do you mind sharing some links to the posts?

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
So far I am about 20 purchases in with Ritani over several years. I have not had any shenanigans to date. I have had one diamond not available and the order was cancelled. I have completed a couple returns. I did have one issue with a necklace length, (I was told 18" and send 16") but it was rectified.

I am editing this to include an account screenshot. It sounds like a BS number...I need a cheaper hobby. There are two pages. Oh, and I have an incoming soon. :D

ritani.jpg

Last edited:

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
So far I am about 20 purchases in with Ritani over several years. I have not had any shenanigans to date. I have had one diamond not available and the order was cancelled. I have completed a couple returns. I did have one issue with a necklace length, (I was told 18" and send 16") but it was rectified.

That's great to hear!
Did you leave any TrustPilot reviews, or did they ever solicit you to do so?

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
That's great to hear!
Did you leave any TrustPilot reviews, or did they ever solicit you to do so?

I get an email asking for a review, but it leads to Google reviews. I just added one by email. I have left several positive reviews on Google. Right now it shows a 4.5 out of 5 and 533 reviews.

I do not recall a Trust Pilot review, but if there was one, I may have forgotten it.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
I get an email asking for a review, but it leads to Google reviews. I just added one by email. I have left several positive reviews on Google. Right now it shows a 4.5 out of 5 and 533 reviews.

I do not recall a Trust Pilot review, but if there was one, I may have forgotten it.

Thank you. Did Ritani offer you any incentives or discounts if you left a review?
Just wanting to see if they are utilizing any tactics that might be considered suspect.
I was never asked or offered anything to leave a review after purchasing my wife's diamond, and I have not heard otherwise from anyone here or on other discussion sites...such tactics (manipulating/padding review ratings) become majorly concerning, but I have no reason to believe that Ritani is engaged in that.

I took your idea and made some screenshots of my one and only order...weird that it doesn't show up in my order history but it shows a pending warranty for a loose diamond?

Screenshot_20230714-070705-345.png

Screenshot_20230714-070716-561.png

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Thank you. Did Ritani offer you any incentives or discounts if you left a review?
Just wanting to see if they are utilizing any tactics that might be considered suspect.
I was never asked or offered anything to leave a review after purchasing my wife's diamond, and I have not heard otherwise from anyone here or on other discussion sites...such tactics (manipulating/padding review ratings) become majorly concerning, but I have no reason to believe that Ritani is engaged in that.
They use a review software of some type, but it didn't ask me if I liked it before inviting a review that was immediate on Google. I just saw my review :) This was an old link and I just found and followed it this morning. Here is the email (name removed, of course).

I buy a good deal at Ritani, so I would like to add I have no connections at all to the company, no discounts or kickbacks. I think their pricing is very good.

Screenshot 2023-07-14 081036.jpg

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock

I took your idea and made some screenshots of my one and only order...weird that it doesn't show up in my order history but it shows a pending warranty for a loose diamond?

Screenshot_20230714-070705-345.png

Screenshot_20230714-070716-561.png

They have seemed to have a couple of system changes over time. Once all of my orders were gone which I called about. They showed back up in the system but not sure if that was a manual refresh at Ritani.

Last edited:

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
They use a review software of some type, but it didn't ask me if I liked it before inviting a review that was immediate on Google. I just saw my review :) This was an old link and I just found and followed it this morning. Here is the email (name removed, of course).
Screenshot 2023-07-14 081036.jpg

I see zero concerns with any padded targeting or incentivizing in the email that you received...it looks pretty neutral and not out of the ordinary to me. I'll have to scour my mess of an inbox to see if I got an email requesting a review.

[Edit]
There is is!

Screenshot_20230714-072342-172.png

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock

berezitski

Rough_Rock
How convenient. Almost fairytale. Everything ready. Needed just several hours to response. :)

All the blame for horrible experiences on trustpilot.

Last edited:

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
How convenient. Almost fairytale. Everything ready. Needed just several hours to response. :)

All the blame for horrible experiences on trustpilot.

Searching email and taking screenshots isn't a difficult or time consuming task...note the times.

Screenshot_20230714-090527-577.png

berezitski

Rough_Rock
Well you can get a room :)

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Trying ad hominem? Tells a lot.

Yep, your post history sure does tell us a lot about using ad hominem.
Again with you projecting.

berezitski

Rough_Rock

Well you really need to read about what is ad hominem.

Its not ad hominem when I tell that you lead me to wrong decision.

Ad hominem is to try to discredit someone like two posts up and many posts in other thread.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Whoever you are, you are obviously here to troll and not behave in good faith.

"Might your name perhaps be Rumpelstiltskin?"

"The devil told you, the devil told you," shrieked the little man, and in his anger he stamped his right foot so deep into the earth that he sank down as far as his waist; then he seized his left foot with both hands in a rage, and tore himself right down the middle into two.

berezitski

Rough_Rock
Whoever you are, you are obviously here to troll and not behave in good faith.

"Might your name perhaps be Rumpelstiltskin?"

"The devil told you, the devil told you," shrieked the little man, and in his anger he stamped his right foot so deep into the earth that he sank down as far as his waist; then he seized his left foot with both hands in a rage, and tore himself right down the middle into two.

Whoever you are, you are obviously here on ritani behave.

berezitski

Rough_Rock

And one more thing, just how many insults there are here for me, just for posting 2 reviews. I guess that triggered something. And I must say that it is extremely good and all this helping me to prove my point.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results