shape
carat
color
clarity

Art of Jewels - BEWARE

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pineapplecakes

Rough_Rock
I really hate to write this kind of review for a vendor that comes recommended on Pricescope but I had a really bad experience, not once, but twice. I want to warn anyone who is considering doing business with them. The first order was for a solitaire lab diamond that I had set in a solitaire setting. When I received the ring I immediately noticed the prongs were crooked and the craftsmanship was terrible. I sent it back same day, and they fixed it and sent it back the next morning. I received it and the prongs were still crooked, and they sent it back with a hair stuck in the prong (ew)

They received my return and it has been almost a month- still no refund, and my bank has no trace of a refund either. I tried calling the jeweler, they dont answer the phone. I tried emailing them and the email bounced back to my email address after successfully communicating with them on previous occasions. They state refunds will be issued in 10 days on their website

Regardless, I took the suggestion of some really earnest Pricescopers who helped me find a lovely diamond and made a second purchase. I ended up canceling this purchase because the jeweler called to say it might be a month before I receive the ring and I wasn't willing to wait that long. I canceled my order on Feb 3 and was told I would receive an immediate refund. Again, bank has no trace of refund and they stopped responding to my emails and wont answer the phone. However when I tried calling htem with my husbands phone they miraculously answered, but not without hanging up

This is not to mention the owner was really sketchy from the get go. Lying about sales volume when I didn't even ask, etc. I know they have a virtual showroom but I think they have a very unskilled jeweler setting the rings, and the owner is deceitful.

I understand large purchase refunds take time but the behavior of this vendor makes me very nervous. Therefore I want to advise against using them or even recommending them on PS.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Thank you very much for posting your experiences with TAoJ, pineapplecakes...it takes only a couple/few closely spaced disastrous testimonies for me to acknowledge a running trend of bad vendor practice instead of randomly occurring rare outlier situations for me to adjust my recommendations because I feel that the PS community deserves the best products from the best vendors with the best service at an agreeable value.
Unsatisfactory bench work quality, extremely long delays, and non-communication are things that no fellow PS'er should *ever* have to experience.

I am so very sorry to hear this...I've been browsing their inventory over the past few weeks looking to target a 2.25-2.75 with a GCAL 8X report as a surprise upgrade for my wife, but (and huge thanks to you for posting this) I am going to steer away from recommending them to others as well as shop for myself elsewhere. I can't help but feel a bit of a pit in my stomach since I was one of the folks that recommended them to you a few weeks ago. I am so sorry!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Did you use a credit card and have you filed a dispute? That is really horrendous that they answer the phone when it was from a number they didn't recognize. If I am reading correctly - you made a second purchase before receiving a refund for the first? Or did they apply that as a credit toward the second purchase? I am so sorry you are experiencing this and I hope that you get a resolution soon!

pineapplecakes

Rough_Rock
Thank you very much for posting your experiences with TAoJ, pineapplecakes...it takes only a couple/few closely spaced disastrous testimonies for me to acknowledge a running trend of bad vendor practice instead of randomly occurring rare outlier situations for me to adjust my recommendations because I feel that the PS community deserves the best products from the best vendors with the best service at an agreeable value.
Unsatisfactory bench work quality, extremely long delays, and non-communication are things that no fellow PS'er should *ever* have to experience.

I am so very sorry to hear this...I've been browsing their inventory over the past few weeks looking to target a 2.25-2.75 with a GCAL 8X report as a surprise upgrade for my wife, but (and huge thanks to you for posting this) I am going to steer away from recommending them to others as well as shop for myself elsewhere. I can't help but feel a bit of a pit in my stomach since I was one of the folks that recommended them to you a few weeks ago. I am so sorry!

No apologies needed at all. I’m ever so grateful for your time and help and for educating me too. I’m just so disappointed with my experience with this vendor but we all trust that vendors should have some degree of professionalism. I should also mention, I shipped my first purchase back to them on a friday and They didn’t receive it til Monday. I received some unusually heckling emails asking when I shipped back my diamond. I noticed that they listed the diamond back online on friday when I requested a return label and Sold it before receiving it back in their hands. I don’t know if that’s common practice but I thought that was unusual

Again I’m ever so grateful for your help and will probably be back in here soon for James Allen recs

pineapplecakes

Rough_Rock
Did you use a credit card and have you filed a dispute? That is really horrendous that they answer the phone when it was from a number they didn't recognize. If I am reading correctly - you made a second purchase before receiving a refund for the first? Or did they apply that as a credit toward the second purchase? I am so sorry you are experiencing this and I hope that you get a resolution soon!

Yes I did place a dispute. They refused to refund or credit me for the first purchase saying it would mess up their accounting so I ended up placing two separate transactions

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry, pineapplecakes. My heart sank reading your post since I too recommended them in your previous thread. Their behavior is completely unacceptable, and I will no longer be recommending them. I hope your bank dispute gets you your refunds soon. I am so sorry you're going through this!

Alybetter

Brilliant_Rock
So. Staying away from Art of Jewels now. Thanks for the heads up and I hope you get back every cent.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
@pineapplecakes Hey there! Which Art of Jewels is this?

It's this company:

berezitski

Rough_Rock
@DejaWiz, It seems like you are affiliated with Ritani or at least promoting them in your signature. I must say, I find it hard to rely on your opinion, as it may be biased. Moreover, I had a particularly bad personal experience with Ritani myself. I ended up returning the diamonds I ordered from them three times because each time they shipped a diamond that was significantly worse than what I had originally chosen. While I did get my money back, it caused me a great deal of stress and wasted time, as it completely disrupted my plans.

After that ordeal, I turned to reputable sites like Trustpilot to read online reviews about Ritani. The feedback was quite clear and consistent - Ritani is not known for being a customer-oriented company. You can find these reviews here:

With this in mind, I decided to explore other options and came across The Art of Jewels. I delved into researching their reviews and discovered that they had a stellar reputation. Not only did customers praise the quality and affordability of their products, but they also highlighted the outstanding customer support they received throughout the entire purchasing process. You can find these reviews here:

The difference was undeniable. I took a leap of faith and placed an order with The Art of Jewels. To my delight, they provided me with the engagement ring of my dreams at an unbeatable price. I couldn't be happier with my decision. If I had gone with Ritani, the same stone and setting would have cost me a staggering 40% more.

Given my personal experience and the positive reviews I found, I'm not surprised to come across a post like this. It seems that Ritani cannot compete with companies like The Art of Jewels in a fair and conventional manner, leading them to resort to unethical methods.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
@DejaWiz, It seems like you are affiliated with Ritani or at least promoting them in your signature. I must say, I find it hard to rely on your opinion, as it may be biased. Moreover, I had a particularly bad personal experience with Ritani myself. I ended up returning the diamonds I ordered from them three times because each time they shipped a diamond that was significantly worse than what I had originally chosen. While I did get my money back, it caused me a great deal of stress and wasted time, as it completely disrupted my plans.

After that ordeal, I turned to reputable sites like Trustpilot to read online reviews about Ritani. The feedback was quite clear and consistent - Ritani is not known for being a customer-oriented company. You can find these reviews here:

With this in mind, I decided to explore other options and came across The Art of Jewels. I delved into researching their reviews and discovered that they had a stellar reputation. Not only did customers praise the quality and affordability of their products, but they also highlighted the outstanding customer support they received throughout the entire purchasing process. You can find these reviews here:

The difference was undeniable. I took a leap of faith and placed an order with The Art of Jewels. To my delight, they provided me with the engagement ring of my dreams at an unbeatable price. I couldn't be happier with my decision. If I had gone with Ritani, the same stone and setting would have cost me a staggering 40% more.

Given my personal experience and the positive reviews I found, I'm not surprised to come across a post like this. It seems that Ritani cannot compete with companies like The Art of Jewels in a fair and conventional manner, leading them to resort to unethical methods.

I'm not a jeweler nor affiliated with any...the link in my signature is to my thread about a diamond that I bought to surprise my wife with late last year and was my one and only personal experience with Ritani (did you read through it?).
If you check my post history, I have recommended MANY different jewelers on numerous occasions...and the links that I post are either PriceScope affiliate links to benefit THIS SITE or non affiliated links.
How do we know that you're not just another first time one-post shill for TAoJ?

Last edited:

digital_bling

Rough_Rock

is this a bot.

berezitski

Rough_Rock
I'm not a jeweler nor affiliated with any...the link in my signature is to my thread about a diamond that I bought to surprise my wife with late last year and was my one and only personal experience with Ritani (did you read through it?).
If you check my post history, I have recommended MANY different jewelers on numerous occasions...and the links that I post are either PriceScope affiliate links to benefit THIS SITE or non affiliated links.
How do we know that you're not just another first time one-post shill for TAoJ?

It's interesting to see how you tried to label me as 'just another first time, one-post shill for TAoj' in your response. I understand skepticism you want to impose on me, but you don't have to trust me blindly. In fact, I provided a links to a reputable site like Trustpilot, where you can find numerous reviews from real customers. You can also check other platforms like Google reviews to compare the experiences between Ritani and TAOJ. It's always important to do thorough research and consider multiple sources before making a decision.

I have never come across any similar negative experiences shared online about The Art of Jewels. It's important to note that this thread actually influenced my decision to purchase from Ritani initially, which turned out to be the biggest mistake I've made. However, through my own research and the positive feedback I found for The Art of Jewels, I realized the stark difference in customer experiences. It's crucial to learn from such experiences and make informed choices when it comes to selecting a reputable company.

The purpose of my post is to shed light on my personal experience and encourage others to be cautious and avoid making the same mistake I did based on this thread. By sharing my negative encounter with Ritani and highlighting the positive experience I had with The Art of Jewels, my aim is to urge people to open their eyes, do thorough research, and make informed decisions when it comes to purchasing jewelry. It's important to learn from experiences like mine and choose reputable companies that prioritize customer satisfaction.

Before you make decision, please look again and compare:

I have no intention to engage in arguments with a synchronized army of biased forum trolls. They have already caused me three miserable months of my life. This post is specifically for individuals like me who, in the future, come across this review while considering The Art of Jewels but may have been influenced by these biased trolls to shop with Ritani. My aim is to provide you with an alternative perspective based on my own experience and encourage them to make an informed decision that aligns with their best interests.

Last edited:

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
It's interesting to see how you tried to label me as 'just another first time, one-post shill for TAoj' in your response. I understand skepticism you want to impose, but you don't have to trust me blindly. In fact, I provided a links to a reputable site like Trustpilot, where you can find numerous reviews from real customers. You can also check other platforms like Google reviews to compare the experiences between Ritani and TAOJ. It's always important to do thorough research and consider multiple sources before making a decision.

I have never come across any similar negative experiences shared online about The Art of Jewels. It's important to note that this thread actually influenced my decision to purchase from Ritani initially, which turned out to be the biggest mistake I've made. However, through my own research and the positive feedback I found for The Art of Jewels, I realized the stark difference in customer experiences. It's crucial to learn from such experiences and make informed choices when it comes to selecting a reputable company.

The purpose of my post is to shed light on my personal experience and encourage others to be cautious and avoid making the same mistake I did based on this thread. By sharing my negative encounter with Ritani and highlighting the positive experience I had with The Art of Jewels, my aim is to urge people to open their eyes, do thorough research, and make informed decisions when it comes to purchasing jewelry. It's important to learn from experiences like mine and choose reputable companies that prioritize customer satisfaction.

I didn't label you as anything...I asked a question.
You join this forum and your very first post opens up with tagging someone, accusing them of being an affiliate, and hard to rely on their opinion? Are you friggin' kidding me? That isn't helping to put TAoJ in some kind of positive light...it's doing the opposite.

I used to happily recommend TAoJ: in THIS VERY THREAD here are MY words (that you would have seen if you bothered to actually read the content in this forum instead of come off sounding like you're just a shill for a business/affiliate):
I've been browsing their inventory over the past few weeks looking to target a 2.25-2.75 with a GCAL 8X report as a surprise upgrade for my wife, but (and huge thanks to you for posting this) I am going to steer away from recommending them to others as well as shop for myself elsewhere.
I can't help but feel a bit of a pit in my stomach since I was one of the folks that recommended them to you a few weeks ago. I am so sorry!

I know times are tough and many businesses are struggling in the current tumultuous global economy to gain customers, but slandering randomly targeted people isn't the way to do it.

berezitski

Rough_Rock
I didn't label you as anything...I asked a question.
You join this forum and your very first post opens up with tagging someone, accusing them of being an affiliate, and hard to rely on their opinion? Are you friggin' kidding me? That isn't helping to put TAoJ in some kind of positive light...it's doing the opposite.

I used to happily recommend TAoJ: in THIS VERY THREAD here are MY words (that you would have seen if you bothered to actually read the content in this forum instead of come off sounding like you're just a shill for a business/affiliate):

I know times are tough and many businesses are struggling in the current tumultuous global economy to gain customers, but slandering randomly targeted people isn't the way to do it.

Who spends their time making 4500 posts on a diamond shopping site forum within just two years? It is evident that you and this thread played a significant role in my misguided decision, which ultimately caused me three months of hardship. I want to clarify that my intention is not to solely praise The Art of Jewels, but rather to highlight the flaws in this thread. It is clear to me that the information presented here is unreliable and misleading, further exemplifying its lack of credibility.

this is the proof:

Speaking of hard times, let's do some math. The Art of Jewels (TAOJ) has received 100 reviews this year (average 4.88 stars) , while Ritani only has 18 (average 3.27 stars). You think that anyone from TAOJ would bother wasting their time on Ritani.

Who do you think needs forum trolls ?

Last edited:

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
I find it really odd that you came here, joined today and your first post is to attack a well respected and helpful and longtime member of this forum just because they recommended a competitor to your preferred vendor.

It does seem rather suspect that you keep insisting on comparing the two vendors too. The fact is with EVERY business will have happy customers and not so happy customers. There are no perfect vendors. A lot of people have great experiences with Ritani. Some people don’t. A lot of people have great experiences with The Art of Jewels and some people don’t. This thread being an example of a few of those.

You of course are welcome to post your experience but it’s really suspect when you do it by attacking a member of the community for no reason. It does seem like you have some kind of agenda rather than just being a happy customer of The Art of Jewels.

It would have been more beneficial for you to just start your own thread stating your experiences buying your ring and leave DejaWiz out of it altogether.

We welcome honest reviews here as it helps all of us make decisions on where we’d like to shop. But when you do it the way you did it seems disingenuous and I think you are going to push people away from The Art of Jewels with this kind of approach.

berezitski

Rough_Rock
I find it really odd that you came here, joined today and your first post is to attack a well respected and helpful and longtime member of this forum just because they recommended a competitor to your preferred vendor.

It does seem rather suspect that you keep insisting on comparing the two vendors too. The fact is with EVERY business will have happy customers and not so happy customers. There are no perfect vendors. A lot of people have great experiences with Ritani. Some people don’t. A lot of people have great experiences with The Art of Jewels and some people don’t. This thread being an example of a few of those.

You of course are welcome to post your experience but it’s really suspect when you do it by attacking a member of the community for no reason. It does seem like you have some kind of agenda rather than just being a happy customer of The Art of Jewels.

It would have been more beneficial for you to just start your own thread stating your experiences buying your ring and leave DejaWiz out of it altogether.

We welcome honest reviews here as it helps all of us make decisions on where we’d like to shop. But when you do it the way you did it seems disingenuous and I think you are going to push people away from The Art of Jewels with this kind of approach.

Once again, I want to emphasize that my intention here is not to review my personal experience with TAOJ. Dedicated review sites exist precisely for the purpose of providing relevant and genuine feedback about someone's products and services. Here, on this platform, anyone can write whatever they like, making it difficult to distinguish between reliable information and personal opinions. That's why, based on my own mistake, I strongly urge people to consult reputable review sites before making their decisions. These platforms offer a more accurate and comprehensive understanding of a company's reputation and provide valuable insights into the experiences of other customers.

I made a direct comparison between the two retailers because I had firsthand experiences with both of them. My experiences were starkly different, with one being extremely negative and the other being delightful. These experiences were contrary to what I read in this thread, which is why I felt it was important to share my perspective.

My main point here is that you don't need to solely rely on my words. Instead, I encourage you to trust the relevant and reputable websites that provide genuine reviews and feedback.

I also believe that the title of this thread should be changed, as it led me to draw the wrong conclusion initially. It's essential to have accurate and unbiased titles that reflect the content and prevent others from making the same mistake I did.

Last edited:

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Who spends their time making 4500 posts on a diamond shopping site forum within just two years?

I do as well as many, many others. What's it to you?

Who do you think needs forum trolls ?

Yet here you are.

Yep, you're definitely either an affiliate shill or employee of TAoJ.
You're literally on the largest, most trustworthy, relevant, and reputable consumer-oriented diamond and gemstone forum with countless REAL CUSTOMER REVIEWS (my own included) and you keep citing (easily faked/padded) metrics from other sites while outright attacking people and blanketing everyone here as trolls.
Begone.

berezitski

Rough_Rock
Yep, you're definitely either an affiliate shill or employee of TAoJ.
You're literally on the largest, most trustworthy, relevant, and reputable consumer-oriented diamond and gemstone forum with countless REAL CUSTOMER REVIEWS (my own included) and you keep citing (easily faked/padded) metrics from other sites while outright attacking people and blanketing everyone here as trolls.
Begone.

Indeed, when considering the credibility of individuals on a diamond shopping forum, affiliate shill or employee of some company can be someone with 4500 post over 2 years, or someone who just come and share two different experiences?

The bottom line is that your (quoted) post serves as evidence that there are affiliate shills and employees of diamond retailers on this forum. It is advisable to avoid blindly trusting information here and instead rely on reputable review websites to make informed decisions.

This is what helped me open my eyes. So just ask relevant sites.

Last edited:

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Indeed, when considering the credibility of individuals on a diamond shopping forum, affiliate shill or employee of some company can be someone with 4500 post over 2 years, or someone who just come and share two different experiences?

The bottom line is that your (quoted) post serves as evidence that there are affiliate shills and employees of diamond retailers on this forum. It is advisable to avoid blindly trusting information here and instead rely on reputable review websites to make informed decisions.

This is what helped me open my eyes. So just ask relevant sites.

Affiliate shills, those who intentionally hide their trade status, and spammers are quickly identified and booted from this site, which is one of the many reasons why I've stuck around. And you're projecting...why else would you keep accusing me of being the affiliate?

Thank you for mentioning my post count...helps me reflect back on all the great outcomes of my fellow consumers finding their perfect diamond!
(regardless of where they chose to purchase from)

And if you think my post count here is impressive, then here's my post count from a computer enthusiast forum that I've been on over the course of 18 years:

HFprofile.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, @berezitski, honey.

I assure you - your posts here are reaffirming to all viewers that we should continue to stay the hell away from The Art Of Jewels in 2023.

Now, we can all see that you're having with some very strong emotions right now. Perhaps it's time for a nice soothing nap? You could read PriceScope's forum policies whilst you rest - doesn't that sound exciting!?
https://www.pricescope.com/content/forum-policies

(PS. Best back off of Deja. He's a valued member of our community, and insulting him just p*sses the rest of us off.)

Last edited:

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Oh, @berezitski, honey.

I assure you - your posts here are reaffirming to all viewers that we should continue to stay the hell away from The Art Of Jewels in 2023.

Now, we can all see that you're having with some very strong emotions right now. Perhaps it's time for a nice soothing nap? You could read PriceScope's forum policies whilst you rest - doesn't that sound exciting!?

(PS. Best back off of Deja. He's a valued member of our community, and insulting him just p*sses the rest of us off.)

Thank you, yssie - that means a lot!
(PS Your amazing post count is a testament to all the great help that you've provided to so many!)

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, yssie - that means a lot!
(PS Your amazing post count is a testament to all the great help that you've provided to so many!)

Deja, I am but a verbose troll who, like you, has nothing better to do than troll and shill. I look forward to learning whom I'm shilling for ::)

berezitski

Rough_Rock
Oh, @berezitski, honey.

I don't care, nor I am interested of what you are avoiding. And I don't know where did you see my emotions. I am totally sleepy and I don't care about anything at the moment. I just came here to tell my story, provoked. DejaWiz and this thread was the reason I choose wrong and this is what I am telling the world. I am sorry if you don't have same opinion as me, but that's the life.

And I must admit that you are quite a team here. One for all and all for one.

And as I see it touching you I will just reply the links, just to remind the people to look before they choose.

Good night.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results