• No

Votes: 46 90.2%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Gahhh noooooooooo

That would scare the crap out of Hubs! We don't let our kid play with dolls because Hubs is terrified of dolls or anything that's a human replica.

I get totally get that but Mell Chan is fine. Look it up!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Don't get me started on vegetables. I am a backyard gardener and I have seen some very strange things. I may have to post some of those pictures too. :-o

Pls do!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
This topic reminds me that I have a very unique collection of tiny geodes with 'faces' in them from early in my career in the gem and mineral sector. These little delights are (or were) mined down in Mexico. We marketed them as "Illianitas" - named after the baby daughter of the man who discovered them.

We sold tens of thousands of them to buyers all over the world. They were small enough that we even made jewelry out of them- earrings and pendants mostly. Out of every hundred or so, there would be one with a face and I put them aside. Some had very wacky personalities :geek2:. I will pull some out and post some pictures tomorrow. They are very cool, but I hadn't thought about them for years!

Pls post these too! So curious what they look like

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
AE24210C-6E71-4B9C-B177-E2780F0D61F7.jpeg

He'd still be scared of that! He's scared of Cabbage Patch dolls!!!!! They are adorable!

The eyes don’t move. That was really important. The dolls with blinky eyes freak me out.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
One of my favorite aunts left me a necklace of cameos that she had worn all of her life.

They are worn down to practically smooth with little to none of the imaging remaining. It lives in my safe as it has only sentimental value and the chain is so old and worn that it is not usable.

We talked about many things shortly before her death. She was feeling guilty as some foolish person had offered her $750,000 for her house that she and her husband had purchased for $14,000 when they were young. She thought she should counter for $50,000 as that was a fair profit. LOL, you could walk out the front door of her house, go to the sidewalk and turn left and see one of the large movie studios a couple of blocks away. I think it was Universal, but the last time I was actually at her house was in the early 70's when I was stationed in California for a while after returning from Vietnam.

Her immediate family convinced her it was actually a low ball offer but she took it, moved into a nice elder care facility, felt guilty for taking advantage of the buyer and still had plenty left when she passed. She was one of the most loving and gentle people I have ever known. I used to spend weekends with her and her husband when I could get off base.

Remembering that now, I would wear a cameo ring if I saw one that I truly loved. But my answer stands on the original rings proffered.

@Texas Leaguer I am looking forward to seeing your pics!

Wink

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Pls post these too! So curious what they look like
Had a guest in town and was not able to get to it last night. Will post some tomorrow or on the weekend.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wink, I am thinking of you. When I first came to PS I posted a macro of a diamond and the facets looked like a devil face. You wrote something like « please! Take it away! I can’t unsee this!!! »
The faces are everywhere
5810F72E-6746-4C95-BCB4-D1E37E2024FB.jpeg

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Runs screaming from the forum)

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
OMG, 5 minutes in the microwave and a fantastic salad is served...

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Some of those remind me of a young cookie monster. I absolutely love them.

Thank you Bryan!

Wink

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A few examples of my Illianita "faces" collection. :geek2:
(Completely natural, not painted or anything. Just cut in half and polished)
IMG_4429.JPG IMG_4435.JPG IMG_4434.JPG IMG_4436.JPG IMG_4427.JPG IMG_4432.JPG IMG_4426.JPG

Omg!! These are actually quite amusing and interesting, I don't find them creepy at all! I actually see a TMNT in one and Crush and Squirt the turtles from Finding Nemo is a couple of others!!! :lol:

FL_Sol

Shiny_Rock
IMG_4429.JPG IMG_4435.JPG IMG_4434.JPG IMG_4436.JPG IMG_4427.JPG IMG_4432.JPG IMG_4426.JPG

My son would LOVE those!!!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock

Thanks for sharing them! Most of them look adorable and a few a little bit creepy (1st and 2nd last ones) so i guess my face tolerance is really fairly low...

Really appreciate you taking the time to take pics for us! Takes again :)

Wanaka

Rough_Rock
Premium
Hahahaha this made me laugh. And sorry I just had to post this...

35D78B51-B752-4ED1-A093-A480F6065274.jpeg
Vegetable Face by Alex J. Jefferies
@icy_jade I can't believe you Googled all of those images... But in the spirit of the thread I think I'd rather wear/stare into salad face than any of the ones you came up with. Even Medusa would turn to stone looking at some of those puppies :lol-2:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a funny thread, even Camille is laughing.
361AB206-561A-4210-AA5C-FE6FFD965213.jpeg

Oh Wink, I found the offensive diamond and thought you would like to see it again???
More of a demented owl than a devil perhaps.

Last edited:

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
OMG! I had blissfully forgotten that face. It does not seem so terrifying now. Still ...

Wink

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
@icy_jade I can't believe you Googled all of those images... But in the spirit of the thread I think I'd rather wear/stare into salad face than any of the ones you came up with. Even Medusa would turn to stone looking at some of those puppies :lol-2:

I was browsing 1st dibs and every time I saw a face ring I was like “that’s so creepy” or “why do people make stuff like that”... and there were so many of them gosh. Eventually I was just really curious if it’s just me and maybe most people are ok with such rings.

Oh hahahah I do see a face! Thanks for finding the original pic. :lol:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Wink saw the face...when I was just innocently sharing a photo of my diamond.
Now I see faces everywhere. :errrr::errrr::errrr:
C442C899-89C5-466C-A105-A74E26E34350.jpeg

I looked at your pic again and got a fright when I zoomed in...:eek2:

B791FEBD-EC71-4EAA-ABC5-D33149532311.jpeg

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
I really love Anthony Lent's work.. maybe a bit creepy but I think they're beautiful.

Earrings+-+Hanging+Crescent+Moonface+Earrings.png Earrings+-+Hanging+Sunface+Earrings+(20+mm).png Rings+-+Pave+Yellow+Beryl+Adorned+Hands+Ring+1.png Rings+-+Petite+Open+Skull+Ring+with+Bead.png Rings+-+Pave+Moonface+Ring+(18+mm)+1.png

Really unique! No not very creepy imo. I quite like the skull ring

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I keep thinking the subject line says "feces"

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I keep thinking the subject line says "feces"
Well, over several decades in the jewelry business I have seen thousands of really gunked up rings that have never been cleaned. I wouldn't be all that surprised if some of that crap was, well... crap. :-o

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I can just hear your mother.

Bryan,

Go to your room!

Wink ;-)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results