shape
carat
color
clarity

Rings on or off?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

devientdrow

Brilliant_Rock
When I had my "extremely sentimentally meaningful yet very very bad" stone I slept with it on....I actually never took it off cept for when I showered. After I got the wedding band and upgraded the stone to "my precious" I have a new regimine. I don''t wear either for showering or dishes or putting on lotion. I keep my wedding band on when I sleep and for all other instances but the ering comes off and gets tucked away in it''s box.

Necklaces, earrings and watches come off as soon as I get home and the ering and any other rings before bed. Wedding band stays. In the morning after I shower then it''s time to gear up again!

Heres a twist....what about swimming?? I never know whats safe with that! I would think pools are a no no since they have chlorine.....what about the ocean and salt? Or my hubbys uncle has a place on the water and it''s got a lake....so what about freshwater is that bad on the ring too? What do you all do?

togal

Shiny_Rock
I like to take my rings off at night.....actually I take my ring off as soon as I get home from work. I''m a stickler for keeping my diamond jewellery clean. I think it was Gary that posted that diamonds get dirtier faster than any other material due to their surface tension. I prefer not to have my ring on when I''m doing household chores, such as cleaning, cooking, etc. It also takes the risk out of accidentally cracking the diamond on, for instance, the granite countertop (this happened to my mother, believe it or not, on not one, but two diamond rings!). Also, fingers swell at night, so if you don''t like to wear your diamond in the shower....the rings can be difficult to get off first thing in the morning.

VuittonGal

Shiny_Rock
I don''t have a wedding ring yet, but I take my engagement ring off to sleep. I feel like it would catch on things and would be uncomfortable.

togal

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/16/2006 5:20:43 PM
Author: Rod
Guy here, but I NEVER sleep with my ring on. I''m an aggressive sleeper (LOL) and I tend to flail around and I''d end up dinging my ring on the headboard or night stand. As a person that takes ''anal'' to new heights, it would really upset me to scratch my ring while I slept.

Every night when I get home, my ring is rinsed in warm water. Then it''s brushed with a soft bristled toothbrush and jewelry cleaner, wiped dry and put to bed in it''s nice velvet lined bed for the night. On Friday nights, my pet rock get''s steam cleaned by my JewelJet Steam Cleaner.

Wear my ring at night you ask???? Absolutely not.

Best wishes.........
Rod....ever since you posted the part about your Friday night ritual in another thread, you flash in my mind on virtually every Friday night.....I imagine your ring enjoying the full spa treatment.....
9.gif
Your ring is so pampered!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/18/2006 4:12:18 PM
Author: togal

Date: 5/16/2006 5:20:43 PM
Author: Rod
Guy here, but I NEVER sleep with my ring on. I''m an aggressive sleeper (LOL) and I tend to flail around and I''d end up dinging my ring on the headboard or night stand. As a person that takes ''anal'' to new heights, it would really upset me to scratch my ring while I slept.

Every night when I get home, my ring is rinsed in warm water. Then it''s brushed with a soft bristled toothbrush and jewelry cleaner, wiped dry and put to bed in it''s nice velvet lined bed for the night. On Friday nights, my pet rock get''s steam cleaned by my JewelJet Steam Cleaner.

Wear my ring at night you ask???? Absolutely not.

Best wishes.........
Rod....ever since you posted the part about your Friday night ritual in another thread, you flash in my mind on virtually every Friday night.....I imagine your ring enjoying the full spa treatment.....
9.gif
Your ring is so pampered!
Thanks Togal. I must admit that most of my things, especially those things I enjoy are treated very well indeed. My car is washed weekly, but my ring, now that''s a ritual I won''t change. It may not be my most expensive posession, but it is one that means a lot to me and pampering it, gives me much pleasure. As I''ve said before, I give new meaning to "Anal," but I''m not changing. As Lynn B says........"That''s my story and I''m sticking to it!"
41.gif

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
I have a good excuse for buying high-thread count sheets now...so I don''t wear out my ring!
emwink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results