shape
carat
color
clarity

Rings on her fingers!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful, beautiful collection you have. It is simply out of this world. How ever do you decide which ones to wear???? I would have a hard time deciding.
23.gif

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for your kind words Linda.

I tend to wear the same rings/pendants for a few days and then swap! So I''m colour co-ordinated for a bit and then not.
emotion-40.gif
Funnily enough the only things that I don''t seem to wear are my Emeralds and Rubies! No idea why not - maybe I should make more of an effort!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Did you say Emeralds and Rubies????? Oh My Word!!!!! Can you PLEASE!!! Post pictures of those beauties too???

Pretty Please?????

Linda

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/11/2008 1:39:26 PM
Author: Linda W
Did you say Emeralds and Rubies????? Oh My Word!!!!! Can you PLEASE!!! Post pictures of those beauties too???

Pretty Please?????

Linda
Ditto! Please post more. Sure, my coworkers will look at me funny when I start drooling on my keyboard. But it will be SO worth it.

Please? Please give me something to look forward to!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
9.gif
You guys really make me smile! I haven''t got group shots of the Emeralds and Rubies but I''ll post up one of each! Next week (when I don''t have a house full of visitors) I''ll try and take some family shots!!!

This is a 6.5ct marquise Ruby plus diamonds.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wholey Smokes!!!!!!! What a beauty!! Wait until Harriet sees your collection!!!! I am so envious of your collection, you are such a lucky lady
36.gif

Linda

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

This is the ring that started my collection. It was originally my Grandmothers and then my Mothers. It''s almost flawless (one tiny hair type jardin) and is nearly 2cts. The diamonds are not great but they sparkle nicely! It''s set in platinum. I very rarely wear it because it''d be impossible to replace if anything happened but it''s possibly one of my most treasured possessions.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a truly beautiful ring and what a treasure from your beloved grandmother. I love treasures like that.

I have my grandmothers wedding rings and her aquamarine ring. Her aquamarine ring is from 1921 and her wedding rings are from 1922. They are so precious to me.

Linda

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a lovely story Linda. Do you wear them?

By the way, I have a few Pads and I couldn''t help but notice your Avatar! Mine are more strongly coloured than the one in your Avatar but I really like the look of yours. Don''t you love the way they''re pink, orange and peach at the same time? Simply gorgeous! I had the misfortune to buy one that had BBD treatment and it never felt "right" somehow! A bit like a normal sapphire in a fur coat if you know what I mean!!!
8.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
23.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
You have pads???????? Oh please post pictures of them!!!!!!!!!!! They are my absolute favorite stone. I am hooked on them.

The picture in my Avatar doesn''t do my stone justice. It is a tad darker in real life.

I also have stones that are darker too. I love all the different shades they come in. I have 3 rings, 2 pendants, earrings and 3 unset stones.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I forgot to answer your question, sorry. Yes I do wear my grandmothers rings, at Christmas time. I am also afraid something will happen to them.

Linda

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No probs! I think that''s always the worry with inherited jewellery isn''t it? Anyway, at least they come out at Christmas. Maybe I''ll do the same with my Emerald.

Here''s one of my loose Pads. It''s 1.26ct and a terrible photo (sorry)!

stryeyes102

Shiny_Rock
Oh my goodness!

I don''t think my little collection stands a chance against everyone else''s! Especially Loving diamonds, as her rings are absolutely stunning.

Heres my collection.. A few of my rings are FAR too big for me; they were my grandmothers and i haven''t had time to have them sized.

*The green stone ring on my ring finger, Second from the top.. I have no idea what it is. It was bought by my mother for my grandmother, who says its a very soft and valuable stone. Anyone got any ideas what it could be? *

ch08collect.JPG

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooooo Stryeyes we were posting at the same time! What a lovely collection you have. I love the opals and amethysts. You mentioned the green stone on your ring finger - it looks like Chrysoberyl but that's not a soft stone. All the green stones I can think of are "relatively" harder. I'll have a dig round my memory banks and see if I can come up with something that rings a bell for you!

Here's one set in a ring. It's more pinky IRL than the photo shows. Can't remember the stats on this one either! It's a bit pointy
but I think it suits the ring somehow.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
LD, Love the color of the Pad, that is almost the same color as one of my pendants. I love to look at the colors in different lightings
9.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Stry, Beautiful collection you have. Bet you have a hard time deciding which one to wear too.

LD. Love your pad ring.

Linda

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Thank you LD and stryeyes for a wonderful Friday afternoon treat!

More please!!!!! Especially the sapphires and rubies!
36.gif

And Freke, I love your collection, too. Thanks for posting. I keep looking at the title of the thread, and expect to see "Bells on her Toes" coming up next!
28.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here are most that I currently wear.

original.aspx

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Then I added in some yellow gold and opals to the mix.

original.aspx

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wowie Lauren, That is some collection you have too. What is that beautiful pink ring on the bottom???

Linda

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Linda!

The pic isn''t really picking up the colour correctly, but IIRC it''s a garnet. It was given to me as a gift, by my Mother, who thought it was just too big for her.
3.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
I love these all on one hand shots! They're crazy!

Lauren, beautiful rings!

LovingDiamonds--
23.gif
Whoa!

Nice collection Freke!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/11/2008 8:36:38 PM
Author: coatimundi
I love these all on one hand shots! They''re crazy!

Lauren, beautiful rings!

LovingDiamonds--
23.gif
Whoa!

Nice collection Freke!
Your turn now, Coati, dear!
2.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
LovingDiamonds... that is one amazing collection
6.gif

Lauren- Yum
30.gif
I especially love the ring w/ the two rows of diamonds w/ the green stones in between- are they.. maybe tsavorites? No matter what they are, it''s stunning!!

I can''t wait unitl I have enough rings to fill up a hand.. not there yet
3.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Whoa, what collections you ladies have! I have exactly 3 rings -- a red spinel, a tsavorite, and a ruby.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks guys!!!!

Soon enough Harriet, you''ll have a spess too!!!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
27.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! What a great collection of rings. I will have to see how many rings I can get on my hand. A fun new project to reinforce my husband''s belief that I am flakey. Tee hee!!!

Joan

Rough_Rock
Hehe. I love that comment..
I am so loving these pics..you all have such beautiful collections! Please keep them coming! (Note to self buy Paraibas..and garnet and peridot and..and..and...)
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results