shape
carat
color
clarity

Ring Re-set

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m seriously considering having my ring re-set (I have a quote from Leon Mege and am also talking to dear WF). Thoughts?

Here''s my current one.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s the proposed one (courtesy of Irina).

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really like your ring as is.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Because it''s simple? Thanks!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s just elegant.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you are going to go with leon and you want a thin pave shank....I think split claw prongs would be very appropriate! What are you thinking about doing for the head of the setting?

mcblohe

Shiny_Rock
i like them both.
i''m also considering changing mine to a pave diamond setting. how much would it cost you to do yours? thanks

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Leon suggested a Tulip head. Does anyone know what that is?

Does posting the quote violate any forum rules? If not, I''m happy to share.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the thin pave shank Irina photoshopped. I think that would look amazing.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Why change? I LOVE your current ring! Very beautiful!

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
I love the new band you are looking at. It''s very delicate and dainty!

*M*

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I thought you were looking for a different diamond.... why not wait until your diamond situation is more settled?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm torn. On the one hand, I like my current setting (Tiffany knockoff or not
1.gif
). On the other hand, I don't want a metal wedding band, but I think a pave wedding band looks weird with my current setting. Also, I love pave.

Cehra,
WF has warned me that it might take a very long time to find a new stone.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2007 9:04:11 PM
Author: Harriet
I''m torn. On the one hand, I like my current setting (Tiffany knockoff or not
1.gif
). On the other hand, I don''t want a metal wedding band, but I think a pave wedding band looks weird with my current setting. Also, I love pave.

Cehra,
WF has warned me that it might take a very long time to find a new stone.
yeah but as soon as you have a custom leon guess what they''ll find? LOL If you''re torn anyway, I''d stick with what you have for a year or two or whatever a "very long time" ends up being...

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
I think you need to decide if you want to wait for another stone, and depending on what u decide, either send the current stone or upgraded stone off to be reset.

I think your current stone is a beauty, but understand a need for higher color too! The reason why I vote for a reset is because I think you won''t want to change your current setting if you love love love it.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can''t keep up with all the projects you have going on all at once.
4.gif

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Coming back to ask why u think a diamond wedding band will look weird with your current setting? The solitaire paired with diamond band look is such a classic one!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
My new stone won't be much, if at all, larger. Can't the new setting be tweaked to accomodate it?

G'day, Jadeleaves (my apologies if you're not down under).

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2007 9:15:45 PM
Author: Kaleigh
I can''t keep up with all the projects you have going on all at once.
4.gif
Neither can the other half.
11.gif

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Harriet
1.gif

I live down under, but am currently overseas.

You might have to ask whoever you have in mind to do your reset. When I was in the process of getting Mark Morrell to design my current set, I asked him if he could put a larger stone into the ring he was making for me, and his answer was that he will have to make a new head for a larger stone, and he wouldn''t recommend it. I don''t have his email on this laptop but his reasoning was something along the lines of weakening the ring by putting a new head on it... something abt the solder? I can''t remember for sure, but make sure you ask abt it before you commit either way. I know a lot of ppl have gotten larger stones put in current heads, but if the craftsman you pick to do the reset won''t do it, you''ll be out a lot of money for the setting! Of course, if money is not an issue, you can always get a whole new ring made for the new rock, but wouldn''t it be better to keep that money for some other baubles?
31.gif
31.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2007 9:17:44 PM
Author: JadeLeaves
Coming back to ask why u think a diamond wedding band will look weird with your current setting? The solitaire paired with diamond band look is such a classic one!
This may be irrational, but asymmetry really bothers me. Also, the diamond bands I like are the skinny ones, and they look weird paired with my current setting.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2007 9:24:35 PM
Hi Harriet
1.gif

I live down under, but am currently overseas.

You might have to ask whoever you have in mind to do your reset. When I was in the process of getting Mark Morrell to design my current set, I asked him if he could put a larger stone into the ring he was making for me, and his answer was that he will have to make a new head for a larger stone, and he wouldn't recommend it. I don't have his email on this laptop but his reasoning was something along the lines of weakening the ring by putting a new head on it... something abt the solder? I can't remember for sure, but make sure you ask abt it before you commit either way. I know a lot of ppl have gotten larger stones put in current heads, but if the craftsman you pick to do the reset won't do it, you'll be out a lot of money for the setting! Of course, if money is not an issue, you can always get a whole new ring made for the new rock, but wouldn't it be better to keep that money for some other baubles?
31.gif
31.gif
Of course.
Where do you live, if I may ask? I lived in Sydney for a bit.

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Hey it''s YOUR ring, and you need to get whatever floats your boat. I am all about matching sets too, which was why I decided against a solitaire + diamond band and got diamonds on both rings.

That said, I do love the look of the solitaire + diamond band. Go figure!!

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
I live in Melbourne, and went to Melb Uni.

Did u come to Australia for uni or were u originally from here and went to work in the US?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
The more diamonds the merrier, right?
11.gif

The former. I've never been to Melbourne though. Would love to see the 7 sisters. Did I get that right?

3hearts

Shiny_Rock
I think your current setting is classic. If this is not your forever stone, I would not waste the money having it reset.

I think a diamond eternity band would only compliment your ring
30.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
what is it you are looking for in a new ring or stone?

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/7/2007 9:31:17 PM
11.gif

The former. I''ve never been to Melbourne though. Would love to see the 7 sisters. Did I get that right?

Hee hee. 12 apostles? 7 sisters? Hmmm don''t know anything about 7 sisters
2.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
3Hearts,
But it would not be matching!
1.gif

DF,
A hgher colour.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2007 9:36:41 PM

Date: 3/7/2007 9:31:17 PM
11.gif

The former. I've never been to Melbourne though. Would love to see the 7 sisters. Did I get that right?

Hee hee. 12 apostles? 7 sisters? Hmmm don't know anything about 7 sisters
2.gif
Yes (blush). I think I got confused with x Sisters (I'm not even going to try this time) in the Blue Mountains.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results